Feeling super down - transit Pluto opp Natal Cancer Moon?

AtlanticPacific

Hi - hope someone can please help me understand if some tricky transits potentially explain why I've been feeling so down over the past 6 weeks..lots of heavy energy and malaise since before the holidays last year.

I've got Pluto transiting my 12th house opposing my natal moon in Cancer. I also have transit Neptune in a tight opposition to my natal Saturn - perhaps this is activating the natal square they form?? Transiting Lilith is also tightly conjunct my MC - I wonder if this explains the uncertainty I'm currently experiencing regarding life path/career direction?

Or is it due to all the Piscean energy transiting that aggravates an already water heavy chart - I have a Scorpio stellium in the 9th house - does this mean I already overthink too much??

I've attached my chart, any help/insight would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks so much..

Attachments

• Current transits.gif
    Current transits.gif
    74.8 KB · Views: 30

IleneK

Premium Member
Pluto is too far away from your Moon for you to be feeling it now. But you are undergoing the transiting Pluto square, which is a major life passage from the modern astrology perspective, and one that certainly gets your attention. There is no way to avoid what its particulary lessons are for you and they will be defined by the houses and signs in which natal and transiting Pluto are found and what other aspects they make.

I might also suggest that take a look at the position of your progressed Moon and report it here. You can select for progressions at astro.com, and if you elect to upload your natal chart with progressions, please exclude all the asteroids, etc, as they may the chart hard to read.

kimbermoon

You do have a lot of overlapping transits and cycles happening during this time, so you need to bring each of these into focus so that you can manage them more effectively. Pluto transiting the 12th can be a daunting challenge, because often it works in very subtle ways, and more on the hidden psychological level that can be hard to pinpoint. It is made more intense since it is at the square to it's own place in the chart; this shows that what is occurring now is apt to be a major phase of transformation for you. Often it works on a deep Soul level and it's lesson is typically about purging and release so that you can be 'reborn' to a new level of awareness and understanding.

It is about using your inner power to make necessary changes of improvement for the future. Since it rules your Scorpio planets, gaining an appropriate balance for your emotions is indeed at the base of your personal transition. It will be important now to find an outlet for your emotions, rather than keeping them locked up inside; in the 12th House it could lead to a significant depression if left unchecked. The natal sextile of Pluto/Neptune points to finding a spiritual anchor to see you through the choppy waters. Without such an anchor, the dark times seem all that much darker.

You are also coming out of another transitional part of Saturn's cycle; the opening square phase which often also marks turning points in the life. Jupiter will also soon form the square to natal Moon. Mars has just now left the transit of Pisces which is a very degenerating influence and has now moved into Aries where hopefully the energies can gain more momentum.

In terms of the transits it is important to be aware of the cycles of the planets which represent endings and new beginnings. Think of it this way; our individual development is not linear in nature, but rather moves in a spiral motion; with each new level we reach we are meant to gain progress. The gull who flies highest, sees the farthest.

Lin

And transit Neptune is opposing your natal Saturn. THAT is a very debilitating aspect because it drains your natural energy and also has a psychological component.

And as Ilene said, Pluto is not yet quite opposing your moon....but it will....and that is a difficult aspect because it pushes you out of your normal comfort zones, your old habits, and you find you can't get away with patterns from the past which don't work...but have not been addressed in the past. It also brings back past memories and habits of thinking from the past....and often there is regret or the wish to do something "over again."

Uranus is also in difficult aspect now. It's in a square to the Moon and also in the "generational" opposition to Pluto in Libra. And tho it's generational it doesn't mean it doesn't have personal ramifications. Esp. because of the connection to the moon.
Also: one more thing....the Moon is in the 6th house of work and health. Even if you are healthy you might want to take a look at your patterns of personal health care. Nutrition, exercise, medications and supplements you should modify, stop taking or start taking.
Habits of smoking, drinking, eating unhealthily, not enough sleep; in general, putting your well being in the spotlight....and doing whatever you can to avoid problems in the future.
You may also may want to research health issues that might be in your family....genetic issues.
Because some health problems tend to travel to the next generation....even if you think you have it covered.

these things may not be things you are thinking about right this moment, but when Pluto does oppose your Moon - IF you deal with these things now you might avoid some uncomfortable issues later.
LIN

Last edited:

AtlanticPacific

I might also suggest that take a look at the position of your progressed Moon and report it here. You can select for progressions at astro.com, and if you elect to upload your natal chart with progressions, please exclude all the asteroids, etc, as they may the chart hard to read.

IleneK, my progressed Moon is conjunct natal Neptune (attached is chart) - perhaps this is causing the career confusion and feelings of inertia? It's also widely square natal Saturn, but I'm assuming too wide to really affect.

Thank you so much everyone for your reply. I really appreciate the quick responses so much, you have no idea...

Given that these are outer planetary aspects that are slow moving, will I see a lightening of the load (so to speak) in the next couple of months? My poor little natal Moon seems to be under seige this year - transiting Jupiter and Uranus squaring it, Pluto opposing it (which sounds like it will be intense and heightened by my many planets in Scorpio) and I've got the generational Pluto/Pluto square along with Neptune opposing my natal Saturn..I'm trying to do yoga and/or meditate daily and be as healthy and do what I can do to help myself but I'm finding it hard to pick myself up mentally and emotionally on a consistent basis. Will the balance of this year just be a pretty tough slog?

Attachments

• Current progressions.gif
    Current progressions.gif
    71.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited: