Should Rahu be considered as an Atmakaraka?

Akivya

Hello everyone,

I have always been confused weather Rahu can be the Atmakaraka or not. Some people say that Rahu being a malefic planet and is an illusion(maya) in itself so it cannot be an atmakaraka. But I personally believe that the role of atmakaraka is to teach us lessons so we can relieve the soul from karmic debt and unite with the supreme, and who better than Rahu can teach us about these illusions, materialism, the real meaning of the soul and its essence.
I have Rahu (00:34) and Jupiter (29:18) in 6th house. Which one should I consider as the atmakaraka? And how will this affect me?

Attachments

• me.jpg
    me.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 40

Moog

Sidereally, Kala gives Jupiter as the AK.

Tropical chart gives Saturn as AK, which you may or may not wish to consider.

"Rahu Sanivat, Ketu Kujavat"

I think Ernst (author of Kala) teaches a non Rahu version of the Jaimini Karakas. He gives 8th Karaka-ship to the Lagna.

Me, I haven't really looked into it enough to have a strong opinion.

Complex subject.

dr. farr

Neither Parasara nor Jaimini systems allow for Rahu to be considered as atmakaraka; one reason for this is that, since Ketu would also have the same number of degrees as Rahu, BOTH Nodes would, per force, have to be considered as atmakaraka, and by definition there can only be one atmakaraka in any given chart...

In the reference chart Jupiter is atmakaraka (by the Jaimini method)

Akivya

Sidereally, Kala gives Jupiter as the AK.

Tropical chart gives Saturn as AK, which you may or may not wish to consider.

"Rahu Sanivat, Ketu Kujavat"

I think Ernst (author of Kala) teaches a non Rahu version of the Jaimini Karakas. He gives 8th Karaka-ship to the Lagna.

Me, I haven't really looked into it enough to have a strong opinion.

Complex subject.

Thank you for your insight. :)
As per my opinion regarding the tropical chart I will consider everything that comes my way. :innocent:

Akivya

Neither Parasara nor Jaimini systems allow for Rahu to be considered as atmakaraka; one reason for this is that, since Ketu would also have the same number of degrees as Rahu, BOTH Nodes would, per force, have to be considered as atmakaraka, and by definition there can only be one atmakaraka in any given chart...

In the reference chart Jupiter is atmakaraka (by the Jaimini method)

Thank you for your reply. :)
But among Rahu and ketu Ketu is the headless one. It is said that ketu is the soil in which rahu plants its roots. Rahu signifies unfulfilled desires from our past lives. Ketu signifies all what we have learnt in our previous birth and desire to learn no more. So here Rahu being the Atmakaraka can help us with our unfulfilled desire to understand about our soul and spirituality.

Jupiter is the atmakaraka according to Jamini I agree. I am stressing this about Rahu because for the last 14 years I have been through the Rahu dasha and it has been a wonderful learning experience. I did not believe in astrology or spirituality or anything than I cannot understand. Once I met a very learned person and for some reason I was very frustrated at that moment so I questioned him about all my disbeliefs in a very sarcastic tone. He game me answers that changed my life and that learned entity is my guru now. All these frustrations about life and my existence came because of ketu in 12th I guess. :innocent:

Akivya

Hello everyone,

I have always been confused weather Rahu can be the Atmakaraka or not. Some people say that Rahu being a malefic planet and is an illusion(maya) in itself so it cannot be an atmakaraka. But I personally believe that the role of atmakaraka is to teach us lessons so we can relieve the soul from karmic debt and unite with the supreme, and who better than Rahu can teach us about these illusions, materialism, the real meaning of the soul and its essence.
I have Rahu (00:34) and Jupiter (29:18) in 6th house. Which one should I consider as the atmakaraka? And how will this affect me?

I posted this in the wrong section(http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64015http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=475357&posted=1#post475357) and a noble person suggested me to post it here.

Attachments

• me.jpg
    me.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

vinnu2098

Hi,

Just Observed your chart.
Manassu Karaka Chandra in Uccha Position. But he is in Own Star Rohini,
But even he will not work out for Tula Lagna. You will get good body.

Rahu is not in Good position. will not work out more for you.
You have Good voice and Communication skills
You keep looks for money.
You have Very Good perseverance, Have Do hard work.
You will believe in astrology. You will know too.
You will have low eduction . You have Good knowledge.

Your mind always keep thinks about some thing. You will get more money.

Thanks
Vinod

Akivya

Hi,

Just Observed your chart.
Manassu Karaka Chandra in Uccha Position. But he is in Own Star Rohini,
But even he will not work out for Tula Lagna. You will get good body.

Rahu is not in Good position. will not work out more for you.
You have Good voice and Communication skills
You keep looks for money.
You have Very Good perseverance, Have Do hard work.
You will believe in astrology. You will know too.
You will have low eduction . You have Good knowledge.

Your mind always keep thinks about some thing. You will get more money.

Thanks
Vinod

Thank you for the insight. :)
I appreciate you taking some time to analyze my chart and I would like to let you know that by the great God's grace I got very good education too just had a lot of hurdles.

vinnu2098

Mannasu Karaka - Moon
Related to Brain & Mind. - Mars & Rahu & Kethu etc

Else about Body 8th House & Lagna etc.

Rahu considered and effects on brain.

dr. farr

If Rahu can be considered atmakaraka (ie the planet with the highest numbver of degrees in any sign in a given chart) then Ket ALSO MUST BE atmakaraka because Ketu ALWAYS HAS the SAME NUMBER OF DEGREES as Rahu: therefore, if one accepts Rahu as possible of being atmakaraka then equally Ketu would ALSO HAVE TO BE ATMAKARAKA IN THE CHART WHERE RAHU IS ATMAKARAKA; since atmakaraka means "highest signficator" there must only be ONE "highest", never 2 equal. These are the reasons Parasara and Jaimini did not consider either Rahu or Ketu as potential atmakarakas...

Rajarshi

Okay.
I understand that you are learnt in astrology. Can you please explain me the concept of the Atmakaraka? and can Rahu be considered the Atmakaraka?

Rahu becomes Atmakaraka when it travels the most in a house. (When the degree of Rahu is closer to 0 degree it means that Rahu has travelled 29 degrees +).

So, if the degrees travelled by Rahu is highest in any chart, then Rahu is considered as Atmakaraka.

Rajarshi

If Rahu can be considered atmakaraka (ie the planet with the highest numbver of degrees in any sign in a given chart) then Ket ALSO MUST BE atmakaraka because Ketu ALWAYS HAS the SAME NUMBER OF DEGREES as Rahu: therefore, if one accepts Rahu as possible of being atmakaraka then equally Ketu would ALSO HAVE TO BE ATMAKARAKA IN THE CHART WHERE RAHU IS ATMAKARAKA; since atmakaraka means "highest signficator" there must only be ONE "highest", never 2 equal. These are the reasons Parasara and Jaimini did not consider either Rahu or Ketu as potential atmakarakas...

Thank you for the information.

I'll cross check with classical books.

Regards

dr. farr

One clarification is needed here:
We are only talking about the METHOD USED TO DETERMINE THE ATMAKARKA; however, the fact is that the term "atmakaraka" can be used seperately from the METHOD, the word meaning "highest significator" in a given chart. This could be SYMBOLICALLY used, entirely seperately from the method of FINDING the atmakaraka which we have been talking about so far in this thread.

Symbolically, the most dignified planet or Node in a chart (as per either shadbala or ashtakavarga analysis), COULD be regarded as "atmakaraka", sybolizing the highest essential signification of that chart: here, Rahu, Ketu, Mandi, Gulika, whatver, COULD be so regarded. Even a sign (rashi), following Jaimini's "sign strenth" analysis method, COULD be considered "atmakaraka" (highest significator) in a chart.

So, OUTSIDE OF the METHOD for finding the "atmakaraka" (which method excludes consideration of Rahu/Ketu), ANY FACTOR in a chart could be SYMBOLICALLY considered as "atmakaraka", from this other perspective (so yes Rahu COULD be regarded as atmakaraka in a chart, from this OTHER, symbolic perspective)

Akivya

Yes this is about the same method of finding Atmakaraka the highest degree one. The significator char Atmakaraka.
I was searching for some charts in which rahu was the AK. I found out that Mother Teresa, Ramakrishna Paramhansa, Swami Prabhupada, had rahu as AK and we all know about their spiritual prowess.

selfless

Banned
Hello everyone,

It should not be considered as AtmaKaraka..