Budh(Mercury) in Lagna (Ascendant)

selfless

Banned
Earlier discussed about the result of positions of SUN, MOON, MANGAL in all 12 Houses...Now Discussing:---

BUDH in LAGNA (Ascendant)----when Budh is in Lagna , then the person becomes Simple,interested in acquiring knowledge, sharp mind,rich, he/she has good qualities,knowledgeable,likes meditation,religious..he has knowledge/interest in Medical line...But when he/she is attacked by disease, he can not get cured easily by treatment..He/she is very playful and jolly and likes joy and excitement..

Note that the above report is very general in nature, Only a detailed study of the Horoscope can reveal the exact secrets hidden in one's chart..

Arianruler

Earlier discussed about the result of positions of SUN, MOON, MANGAL in all 12 Houses...Now Discussing:---

BUDH in LAGNA (Ascendant)----when Budh is in Lagna , then the person becomes Simple,interested in acquiring knowledge, sharp mind,rich, he/she has good qualities,knowledgeable,likes meditation,religious..he has knowledge/interest in Medical line...But when he/she is attacked by disease, he can not get cured easily by treatment..He/she is very playful and jolly and likes joy and excitement..

Note that the above report is very general in nature, Only a detailed study of the Horoscope can reveal the exact secrets hidden in one's chart..

Hey if the Mercury is in ascendant exalted, are results still the same or there are different results?

dr. farr

Results would be improved if Mercury has a high shadbala index particularly, and also if Mercury is exalted (or even just in its own domicile) SO LONG AS Mercury is NOT associated therein with functional malefics (if so then Mercury influence will be quite unfavorable)

A summary from classical texts relative to (non-detrimented/non malefic associated) Mercury in the first house:
-person will be learned (Brihat Jataka)
-person will be well versed in shastras, will be a sweet and tactful speaker and will be long lived (Phaldeepika)
-destroys the Aristha (negative effects on longevity) caused by other planets; native will be very intelligent, with writing abilities (will make good writers; also will make good physicians/healers) (C. Chintamani)
-native will be well educated, may have early marriage, will travel, will be inclined toward mantra and tantra and will have the power to free people from influence of evil spirits, will be soft-spoken, learned, of a forgiveable nature and kindhearted...may attain distinction in academic pursuits, might have large gains of wealth...(Bhrigu Sutram)

dhundhun

Treatment of Mercury in 1st is not fair until more information is included such as it makes a person inconsistent, non-committal, flirt, thief, pick-pocket, etc. It can cause anxiety, worries, nervousness, confusion, indecision.

Every planet has +ve and -ve influences. It works based on placement, strength, inter-placatory relationship, and so many other factors. Only painting +ve stuff could misguide and some one could complain that Vedic Astrology does not work.

Still this thread is active, which talks about Astrology letting her down.

I feel rather let down by astrology.

Last edited:

dr. farr

Notice that in my posting about Mercury in the first, I specifically mentioned that under certain circumstances Mercury in the first COULD act as a malefic influence.

suhasg

My 2 cents...

This Mercury gives results based on which other planet is aspecting this Mercury.

Aries/Gemini/Virgo/Libra/Aquarius are good signs for Mercury.

In Pisces however the Mercury affect the retaining power of the memory.

Mercury in 1st house, gives eloquent speech , there is always a smile on face while talking.

In most case the person is quite intelligent with excellent abilities to absorb knowledge (any subject) , person is very quick in getting into newer subjects and theories.

In general person is very sharp and intelligent and interested in many languages and tries to learn as many languages (written / spoken ... not computer languages! as possible.

Person’s face shows a mark of intelligence.

Person is quite curious and street smart.

If this Mercury is in good sign then it gives some sort of attractiveness by which the person impresses others, and mostly it is the smile and mark of intelligence on the face.

Person shows excellent logical thinking, with uncanny ability to find / identify patterns.

This Mercury shows interest in everything however person then becomes a jack of all trades but master of none.

Person can express feelings/ emotions in a very effective way.

Person is bestowed with excellent memory (exception could be Mercury in Pisces).

In many cases person is proficient in many study subjects and has a special ability to handle many tasks simultaneously (in India we call this special ability as ‘ Ashta_Awadhani, means a person who can pay attention to / concentrate on / handle eight simultaneously happening things) .

However many times, person uses his/her intelligence and abilities to manipulate people, play board room politics. Person may not enter into politics but s/he has all the virtues of a politician (in the good sense!)

However person with this Mercury sometimes can go to extreme and become too critical of things, people and circumstances around him/her and many time shows stubbornness , rigidity in thinking , s/he stick to an idea , philosophy , working style, behavior etc Many time the born in intelligence makes the person adamant.

If Mars is either 5th or 9th house then person may excel in engineering subject/ profession especially mechanical engineering or where complicated machinery / systems are involved.

But if Mars is also in 1st House or in 10th or 4th house then person becomes liar, crook, sharp tongued with full of sarcasm.

If Uranus is accompanying this Mercury then person gets research / scholarly abilities and may excel in some kind of original research activities, but at the same time person is extremely arrogant, very sharp tongue , criticism, sarcasm , person hurts people around him/her by using his/her tongue alone. Person is very whimsical in nature.

If Venus is accompanying this Mercury then person is very sweet talker with pleasing voice. This combo is helpful in any Art/ craft and passion.

If this Mercury in 1st house is either co-joining or receiving bad aspects from Saturn then the person becomes cunning/cheater/liar/untrustworthy.

If this Mercury is in Scorpio then the person may work better in law enforcement agencies such as Police / Customs department.

Mars and Saturn usually affect Mercury especially on the nervous system and muscles if this Mercury is in bad aspects of either Mars or Saturn then these results are almost guaranteed.

By nature Mercury is considered as Child/Youth state, so it's effect is majority during childhood and youth days. Kids, teenagers, college going students are affected by and large by this Mercury, so watch Mercury regardless of house it occupies up to the age of 30 , after this age , Mercury will not affect the person that much because by that time the person is quite mature.

Hope this helps and sorry for the bad English.

Last edited:

dr. farr

You have well-illustrated the general benefic influences of Mercury in the 1st house along with the EXCEPTIONS caused by Mercury being associated with malefics or afflicted by them!

dhundhun

Thanks suhasg. That's better description of Mercury in 1st based on Vedic System. This justifies the title of thread - Budh(Mercury) in Lagna (Ascendant).

suhasg

Thanks Dr. Farr and dhundhun for the good words.

In fact it is a very short description I could provide ,It time allows I will try to provide some more insights on this Mercury in 1st House with some suitable examples.

Arianruler

Thanks Dr. Farr and dhundhun for the good words.

In fact it is a very short description I could provide ,It time allows I will try to provide some more insights on this Mercury in 1st House with some suitable examples.

i would be eagerly waiting for more insights from you Suhasg.. you know why? because i have mercury in 1st with venus creating BHADRA MAHAPURUSHA YOGA and i wanna know how this mahapurusha yoga shows up in character/personality making me the so called 'mahapurusha'.. hehe :smile:

suhasg

Arianruler,

Yogas mentioned in the classic texts (the one you mentioned included) have lost their efficacy now a days , needing a through revision, so please don't take that in literal meaning (word to word) rather take it as some kind of pointer directing towards your inherent strength (and weakness).

Any as you have MER - VEN in 1st , would you mind telling exact degrees of each and sign (or is it Aries as your id suggests) , and the description I mentioned , how much of it applicable to you? in % ?

You must be having a very pleasing personality and artistic bend of mind.

"A grand personality Face, body proportion, eye everything is pleasing and catchy. Skin shows kind of a shine.

Person is quite happy, enthusiastic, very much fond of clothing, perfume, ornaments, fashion, make up and over all get up.

Person is quite positive towards life and can get along with people without any efforts,

Person is very much interested in art, performing art, singing, drawing-painting, dance, music, acting/theatre, literature in fact person is a patron of all these arts.

Good for love affairs.

This VEN brings in fortune, how ever when this VEN is in Watery sign makes the person rather fat or out of proportion,

This VEN is very good for married life, but if this VEN is with MAR, RAH, URN then it makes the person too much fond of sex, makes married life some what special / abnormal.

MON, JUP and SUN fortify VENUS's true potential.

When with RAH this VEN gives wife who is older than the person, often window/divorcee, this co-join also indicated chronic disease to life partner.

When with MER person has got a sweet , melodic and pleasing voice, good for career in singing and acting, this MER also give intelligence.

SAT with this VEN makes person clam and thoughtful, this Yoga gives late marriage but wife is also calm and good behaved.

In female charts this VEN indicates long , black hair, white and proportionate teeth , female is quite fortunate if this VEN is in YOGA of Moon, JUP.

In female charts , if this VEN in watery sign and in Yogas of MON and MAR gives that female quite a sex appeal. In general if this VEN is with benefic , .

"

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Suhas G

Arianruler

Any as you have MER - VEN in 1st , would you mind telling exact degrees of each and sign (or is it Aries as your id suggests) , and the description I mentioned , how much of it applicable to you? in % ?

Well, i have Mercury at 2 degrees while Venus is at 12 degrees in Virgo ascendant while the ascendant is at the same degrees as merury 2 degrees. lol my name is Arianruler because my moon sign is Aries and i think all vedic astrologers would agree that in vedic, moon rashi weighs more important than lagna.. :)

in terms of %, i think your desciption matches with me around 80%.. not bad huh?! :lol:

Arianruler

Results would be improved if Mercury has a high shadbala index particularly, and also if Mercury is exalted (or even just in its own domicile) SO LONG AS Mercury is NOT associated therein with functional malefics (if so then Mercury influence will be quite unfavorable)

Dr Farr, if there is a square between mercury and saturn, would mercury turn malefic eventhough its the ascendant lord and is exalted in the chart?

dr. farr

Saturn would be somewhat afflicted by Mercury (this is from Western doctrine), and (from Vedic) Mercury could be afflicted by the relationship with Saturn (if Saturn is a functional malefic, otherwise not) but in either case, no Mercury would not be turned into a functional malefic by only this aspect.