Random Thoughts, strictly Text

david starling

Something that you might find interesting, Dave. I know a woman who was born at the end of April and she can really dislikes the energy coming from the Taurus suns born in May. She can easily pick up the energetic difference and has described some of them as "block-like", "frazzled" and has experienced where they have a tendency to focus way too much on the here and now to the detriment of all else. She says she detests Scorpion energy just as much.

Another intuitive who can tell the difference between two "breeds" of Taurus. What do you make of that?

Houses have walls/Signs have gradations. :biggrin:

conspiracy theorist

Signs having gradations isn't controversial since even the moderns that are a step above the pop crowd see the signs as having decans with key differences for each.

Houses having walls though... what do you make of planets that are conjuct angles from the cadent side? If you think the planet has relevance for the angle (and by extension next house) what do you make of planets that are near house cusps but are located in the previous house?

Chrysalis

The two signs/energy i can't, and never will be able to gel with, is Aries and Cancer. Oppositions are the reason why.

And being an early virgo sun, i do have a dislike to Leo's too, but not as strong as the aries/cancer.

conspiracy theorist

I want to clarify that I think they are tiers to the different modern branches and I was specifically referring to the astrology that you start to find on the web that at least go beyond the monolithic sun sign and start to look at the sun sign in the different decans.

I wasn't necessarily saying that modern astrology on the whole is a step above the pop stuff.

david starling

Signs having gradations isn't controversial since even the moderns that are a step above the pop crowd see the signs as having decans with key differences for each.

Houses having walls though... what do you make of planets that are conjuct angles from the cadent side? If you think the planet has relevance for the angle (and by extension next house) what do you make of planets that are near house cusps but are located in the previous house?

With the Sign-walls concept, to which I obviously don't subscribe, a Planet at 0 degrees 0' 0" is considered to be entirely in the Sign that's next in Direct order. I apply that to House-walls. The area of life switches abruptly. I consider the Angles to be moving indicators through the Signs. In Whole-sign, the Sign-boundaries are also House-walls. The Signs are blended, but the Houses are separate and entirely represent the next area of life in Direct order. So, in your example, an indicator such as a planet that's near a House-cusp, no matter how near, is entirely about the House it's actually in, and the House has relevance for the Angle. For example, in Placidus, the M.C. is all about H10, not a mix of H9 and H10.

david starling

I want to clarify that I think they are tiers to the different modern branches and I was specifically referring to the astrology that you start to find on the web that at least go beyond the monolithic sun sign and start to look at the sun sign in the different decans.

I wasn't necessarily saying that modern astrology on the whole is a step above the pop stuff.

As a category, isn't "Modern" the same thing as "not Traditional"? Until Traditional became known (quite recently), astrology was just astrology, with some versions more complex and nuanced than others.

david starling

"Gimme that Old Time Religion" is a gospel song. Change the word "Religion" to " Astrology", and I notice a very similar attitude. Also, the ancient astrologers whose work has survived are treated like the religious saints.

Last edited:

david starling

For me, there has to be some sort of balance between subjective and objective. I feel it's best achieved by designating astrology as essentially subjective, while still being informed by objective knowledge. Hmmm. This random thought is entirely H9.

conspiracy theorist

With the Sign-walls concept, to which I obviously don't subscribe, a Planet at 0 degrees 0' 0" is considered to be entirely in the Sign that's next in Direct order. I apply that to House-walls. The area of life switches abruptly. I consider the Angles to be moving indicators through the Signs. In Whole-sign, the Sign-boundaries are also House-walls. The Signs are blended, but the Houses are separate and entirely represent the next area of life in Direct order. So, in your example, an indicator such as a planet that's near a House-cusp, no matter how near, is entirely about the House it's actually in, and the House has relevance for the Angle. For example, in Placidus, the M.C. is all about H10, not a mix of H9 and H10.

If you're going to bring in whole signs, it could be argued that the abruptness has to do with the change of sign, but I do understand your stance.

I guess with the various systems that part up the signs, I'm wondering why you've picked the blending of signs at the ends/beginnings as the most compelling. Have you notice a differences in the decans of the signs?

conspiracy theorist

As a category, isn't "Modern" the same thing as "not Traditional"? Until Traditional became known (quite recently), astrology was just astrology, with some versions more complex and nuanced than others.

Was astrology always just astrology, though? Based on what I've encountered, different schools of thought were always at war with each other. The mod/trad split seems just to be the most popular demarcation in contemporary times. Then this is looking only at the western context.

But I think that people are quicker to label and to box in information these days as everybody raises the flag for their pet faction. I wonder if it has anything to do with a universal reaction in lieu of the liberation of knowledge. Stated another way, this increase in labeling and factioning based on ideology/beliefs has to do with the information age.

Lykanized

I feel like on the surface, my chart doesn't look particularly difficult, but the more I delve into it, the more I get the catch it is an extremely difficult chart laden with challenges galore. I wouldn't have it any other way since I love challenges, but it's just an interesting thing I see. Typically people look first at placements in the socalled 'difficult houses' where I don't have much activity. Altho having a Chiron in one of em might be an aspect of the difficulty of my chart

Also I don't find myself being turned off so intensely some others are to signs that oppose the signs in my inner planet circle. I think the connection between sister signs is very much overlooked. I do think it's a matter of development, but there is a connection there and both signs have to learn from one of another

Capricorn/Saturn is an energy that I've found it hard it exorbitantly hard to grapple with, granted. I never wanted to play the long game, bear the fruits of restriction,.. I never wanted to tie myself down or believe I ever needed to tame myself. Deep down I always knew I needed to but just didn't want to accept I needed the balance
On a superficial level it's boring to me, but I see the value. I have a close family member with tons of Cap energy and we get on very very well, there's just this one area where we seem to hit a wall. She perceives me as getting out of control even when I don't perceive myself to be going nearly as wild as I could. I find it hard to deny my impulses and really I used to be almost religiously opposed to anything that would serve to restrict me in any sense. I just didn't want to tame myself

It's a harsh lesson I've had to learn. I've had to look at it from a Cancerian perspective that restriction can be the key to drawing out the sensuality, the pleasure and the passion. Saturn as I've said many times forms very few aspects in my chart, but the ones it does form are very intense ones, they're hard and they're to important points, but my Saturn is also retrograde

I haven't gotten a handle still on how I relate to my Neptune-Uranus in Cap since that conjunction is the closest aspect in my chart and has a connection to almost every point in my chart somehow. I understand the Uranus-Neptune energy, but not so much the Capricornian aspect. Especially with my Saturn being retrograde and in mutual reception with my Uranus, then with my Uranus and Neptune also being retrograde

My point really was I think our relationship with opposing signs to signs in our inner circle is all about development. If we have a very contentious relationship with them, it might mean we have to reach that point where we're able to find the value in them so we can continue on our spiritual and emotional and mental development rather than stagnate

Pisces is a bit harder for me to say. I have strong Virgo in my inner circle, but I don't at all feel any negative relationship toward Neptune/Jupiter or Pisces. In fact, it's quite the opposite. Perhaps that's just the benefit of my Neptune being strong in my chart tho

I've also been playing with something... an observation that actors often play characters who exhibit traits of the archetypal opposite sign of their sun sign. I need to do A LOT more observation for this one, but it seems to be something of a theme. Since charts are so complex, it's harder to analyze, and i also despite superficiality or simply observing on superficialities, but I suppose I might have to for this one

It's just playing into ideas based around sister signs and my own theories of opposite forced-- that being that opposite forces have a direct connection to each other. They not only need each other, but they simply cannot exist without the presence of the opposite forces. That would mean that a Libran has a direction connect to Aries even if they're not aware of it until later in life

Ukpoohbear

The two signs/energy i can't, and never will be able to gel with, is Aries and Cancer. Oppositions are the reason why.

And being an early virgo sun, i do have a dislike to Leo's too, but not as strong as the aries/cancer.

Your sister is an Aries right? Can you go into specifics about Aries and Cancer...I know you don’t like Cancers ‘moodiness.’ But I’m curious to hear more about both.

For eg you’re quite fiery with your Scorpionic conjunction so I wondered why you wouldn’t like Aries who would just tell you to STFUUUUU....I personally find Scorpio and Aries a great match.

Aries is outwardly strong, Scorpio inwardly but both like to sit on the throne and Aries may act like a sheep for a little bit if she really likes the Scorpio but soon she will explode and Scorpio won’t take that at all. But personally, I like seeing two strong signs together.

It reminds me of Clark Gable being the Scorpio and Scarlett O’hara being the Aries.

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

The only placements I consistently don’t like is Gemini Moon and Leo Mars. Gemini Moon plays too many games which makes me feel stressed and Leo Mars has a kind of ‘young buck’ energy about then where they like to throw their weight around and it makes me feel suffocated.

Cold Fusion

I could never figure out why they assign "death" to the eighth house if the first house is the beginning. Shouldn't the 12th house be used instead?

Chrysalis

Your sister is an Aries right? Can you go into specifics about Aries and Cancer...I know you don’t like Cancers ‘moodiness.’ But I’m curious to hear more about both.
Yes she is, thats why once again im ignoring her...she annoys me too much. She's a selfish b1tch.
The unfortunate female relation (i'll refer to her to) has a stellium in Aries *shudders*. She's just really really selfish and i hate and detest selfish people. When that incident happened on NY i asked her to come and pick me up (she's an hr/1/2 drive away) as i was in no fit state to drive myself. The reply i got was "everyones already made plans" :lol: Now a sister to me, does NOT tell her sister after shes gone through a traumatic experience that no one can pick her up as its NY day and everyones having fun. Now i DO NOT forgive and forget so easily, and for saying that i hate her for. I shouldn't have even needed to ask, never mind anything else.
Prior to that is number two incident i'll never forget either. I spent my first christmas with the "so called family" a few years back. And what does SHE do, complains that i got more presents than her. I mean come on mother theresa was trying to make up for the lost years with gifts, she should have known this lol, but no.

Had a couple of past friends who have been Aries too with their selfish ways, but not as bad as her.
For eg you’re quite fiery with your Scorpionic conjunction so I wondered why you wouldn’t like Aries who would just tell you to STFUUUUU....I personally find Scorpio and Aries a great match.

Aries is outwardly strong, Scorpio inwardly but both like to sit on the throne and Aries may act like a sheep for a little bit if she really likes the Scorpio but soon she will explode and Scorpio won’t take that at all. But personally, I like seeing two strong signs together.

It reminds me of Clark Gable being the Scorpio and Scarlett O’hara being the Aries.

Cancer, well cancer opposes my asc. I find the cancer energy too fluffy bunny, moody, take the slightest remarks to heart, don't seem to have any kind of sense of humor. Mood swings...mood swings...mood swings and roundabouts. Oh and too touch feely for me.

And how can you not like gemini moons ? Im reporting you for that, thats an insult.

Ukpoohbear

After what happened to you at NY’s, your sister should have responded with more compassion. Like, ok so on New Years Day people might have already started drinking so perhaps no one could drive you but the least that should have been said was some caring response like ‘I hope you’re OK, let me phone you a taxi and I’ll give you a big hug when you get here.’ Cos without family support, it turns a traumatic situation 100x’s worse.

My sister was like that too, no Aries stellium though. But we weren’t close growing up and I heard that if you don’t grow up with your siblings then just because you are related, it doesn’t mean you are going to be similar, basically nurture over nature type thing.

But yeah, common decency should be a simple thing. And I remember the Xmas story from the previous chat thread.

Cancers are too fluffy bunny for you haha

But wait, you want your sister to be more fluffy bunny? Are you perhaps similar? Have you posted her chart before?

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

And how can you not like gemini moons ? Im reporting you for that, thats an insult.

I’ve had a few Gemini Moon friends and I need more loyalty than what they have given me. Like, they would lie to make themselves look better rather than just put their hands up and admit they were wrong (that one was a Taurus Sun Gemini Moon), and more recently, a guy who is younger than me and a Aquarius Sun and Gemini Moon, he’s particularly bad, he likes to try wind people up against each other and acts like he cares when he only cares about himself. Then there was a rapper guy I was head over heels in luv with and he was a player and just played me for months on end. He was a Leo Sun Gemini Moon.

Chrysalis

After what happened to you at NY’s, your sister should have responded with more compassion. Like, ok so on New Years Day people might have already started drinking so perhaps no one could drive you but the least that should have been said was some caring response like ‘I hope you’re OK, let me phone you a taxi and I’ll give you a big hug when you get here.’ Cos without family support, it turns a traumatic situation 100x’s worse.

My sister was like that too, no Aries stellium though. But we weren’t close growing up and I heard that if you don’t grow up with your siblings then just because you are related, it doesn’t mean you are going to be similar, basically nurture over nature type thing.

But yeah, common decency should be a simple thing. And I remember the Xmas story from the previous chat thread.

Cancers are too fluffy bunny for you haha

But wait, you want your sister to be more fluffy bunny? Are you perhaps similar? Have you posted her chart before?

No were not similar at all. If the shoe was on the other foot, i would never have mentioned the extra xmas present she got. And i would have without a doubt gone down on NY to pick her up, no questions asked. Loyalty is very important to me and i like to have strong ties with people or i don't see the point. Because of this, i have only two close friends and the rest are acquaintances. And these blood relations well they're nothing to me.

And believe it or not, ive never been depressed in my whole life, ive had my ups and downs yes, but never suffered with depression or anxiety or anything like that. I think i've got pluto to thank for that.

So thats my Aries story. I don't hate cancers, i just don't get them i think.

david starling

If you're going to bring in whole signs, it could be argued that the abruptness has to do with the change of sign, but I do understand your stance.

I guess with the various systems that part up the signs, I'm wondering why you've picked the blending of signs at the ends/beginnings as the most compelling. Have you notice a differences in the decans of the signs?

The endings are intuitively obvious when it comes to the changeover in Sun-signs. Also, blending at the cusps is logical, and I haven't seen a logical reason for Sign-walls. Sign-qualities are about temperament, which is from the Latin for "blending". The decans are important gradation-markers for the ongoing transition from one Sign to the next, but the effect isn't as apparent as at the actual changeover degrees at beginnings and endings.