Confused about interpreting empty houses

clip11

I know that you're supposed to look at the sign that rules the house and then where that planet is located. I was trying to interpret my 5th house, ruled by Capricorn and my 8th house ruled by Aries. Saturn is in my 3rd house, so I know it has something to do with my 5th house and Mars is in my 7th house so I know it has something to do with my 8th house, but I can't seem to put it all together. Anyone got any suggestions?

astro_w2gw_frank.65425.110088.png

greybeard

I know that you're supposed to look at the sign that rules the house and then where that planet is located. I was trying to interpret my 5th house, ruled by Capricorn and my 8th house ruled by Aries. Saturn is in my 3rd house, so I know it has something to do with my 5th house and Mars is in my 7th house so I know it has something to do with my 8th house, but I can't seem to put it all together. Anyone got any suggestions?

View attachment 82615

Signs do not rule houses. Planets do.

greybeard

If you "know that", then why do you say the 5th "is ruled by Capricorn"? Mental discipline pays big dividends.

Empty house, Capricorn on cusp...5th house affairs have, in general, a Capricornian tone. But look to Saturn: Saturn "disposes" [consult the dictionary] Capricorn. The ruler (dispositor, lord) of a sign rules the sign and whatever it may contain. The king makes the rules and sets policy.

So you go to Saturn and analyze his conditions. Each of the conditions gives information about, describes, Saturn and how he will behave...the rules and policies he is likely to impose, his strengths and weaknesses, his needs and desires, the past that has brought him to his present.

When I say "conditions", I mean any astrological factor that influences the planet.

Last edited: