Signs of Health - Is Your Health Ruled By Your Star Sign?

cjc

I happen to be a bit of the scientific bent myself, but I had nearly given up on the idea that astrology could be proven through scientific means; therefore, I have tended to hang my logical/scientific hat at the proverbial door whenever exploring the realms of astrology, although I see now that this has been a mistake.

The problem is that most of these guys don't know there's anything more to astrology than Sun signs. there are more than a few articles pooh-pooing astrology after just using Sun signs to prove that astro doesn't work. However, when they get into the nitty gritty, tunes change.

Jung and Guaquelin come to mind immediately. Most of us know Jung's "Synchronicity," where he found the Sun, Moon, and Ascendant were closely linked in the charts of married couples beyond the realm of chance.
Gaughelin set out to disprove astro... but ended up proving it. ("The Scientific Basis of Astrology": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michel_Gauquelin -- although Wikipedia is not my first choice for a reference; you can Google him.)

I'll stick my nose into it a bit further and let you know what I come up with.

c

cjc

Just a thought, Mav....

As you're a moderator here, do you think we should start a new thread on "Scientific Validation of Astrology" as we're moving away from the "health" aspect of this thread....?

c

Arian Maverick

Just a thought, Mav....

As you're a moderator here, do you think we should start a new thread on "Scientific Validation of Astrology" as we're moving away from the "health" aspect of this thread....?

c

Yes, that's not a bad idea; I can probably transfer our somewhat off-topic posts over to this newly created thread, but unfortunately, the transferring often makes a mess of things.

I'm not sure which category it would best belong in; I'm leaning towards Other branches of astrology, if only because it is a sort of miscellaneous thread. I just hope it gets enough attention there....

Do you wish to create the thread, since this was your idea? I don't want to steal your thunder ;)

Arian Maverick

zubiringo

Thanks Alan,
What great research and it is all facinating stuff. I do agree however about Aries being prone to depression etc. They move around so quickly they are obviously using up a lot of nervous energy so stands to reason when things don't go as planned or they don't get the recognition they think they deserve that depression would raise it's ugly head..........being an Aries, Gemini/Saturn Ascendant I can really relate to this.

Maries

I'm surprised. I would have thought Capricorns suffer the most from depression--or even Pisces, plus from other mental ilnesses.

Bellea

Wow, this is great! Thank you!
I've noticed a great deal of Aquarius and Capricorn illnesses running in my family. I'll have to look further into this. :)