Venus conjunct Mars and Attractiveness

Claire19

This combination is classically Intense charm (Venus) With Seduction (Mars) so natives tend to be provocative without even trying. Since you have a conjunct (same goes with hard aspects) you confuse Love with Lust & Friendship with Passion. That could be the reason you think you're just friendly while others pick a different message altogether.
Venus-Mars contacts tend to wild & lack 'social charm' as per say (some people already mentioned that earlier) as they really want to just do their own thing (Mars) but that depends on the signs they are present in.
Sex drives I personally feel are regulated by the signs & can't be confined to a single aspect but it does make a person romantically 'adventurous'. They tend to get into love triangles frequently just for fun. Venus in Pisces would tend to fall in love quicker than anyone else anyways with all the need for romance & glamor it's associated with. :joyful:

Perhaps there is an element of bisexuality now that you've mentioned it but I haven't come across any exact documentation. Bisexuality is conferred from Air signs & Dual signs. (Gemini, Libra, Aquarius + Pisces). Uranus contacts can ofcourse work that as well, especially with aspects to Venus/Moon as unconventional relationships. Moon itself is important as well, in dual/air signs it can give tendency towards bisexuality.

Love & sex tend to go together with this conj, one won't be complete without the other!
Venus and Mars in the 2nd house for instance would give emphasis on material goods and assets. It all depends where it is. If these planets do not aspect the 5th house and the 7th in some way or rule them, then relationships may not be a huge focus. If Saturn challenges then even more likely to have problems and pain.

Blackempress

Venus (Feminine) & Mars (Masculine) in combination of Conjuction /Trine/Sextile represent a combination of these two energies. There's a high need for romance & for the best partner. There's romance mixed with sex & everything recieves that hue. These aspects make one always looking for the best partners/romantic endevors. Attractiveness sounds high from the responders but personally I have a wide-Trine btw the two. I am romantic & attractive but I'm not sure if I hand my features to this aspect. I think the Asc/Sun/Moon play a bigger role in the physical beauty but these aspects would become prominent if they touch the Personal areas-Asc, MC or 1st house etc.

Andonis

Hi Star! Long time we have spoken! Glad u seem great and all is well. (and with admirers lol)....take care nice to read your posts.......

dreamtimez

A colleague of mine has Venus/Mars/Pluto conjunction in Libra. He is not strikingly handsome ... he is athletic, but short and bald (Aries rising). He has a magnetic vibe :tongue:

NeverSafe

Singer Katie-Jane Garside of the band Queen Adreena has this aspect. She isn't what I'd say "attractive" but she has a very strange mythical beauty about her. Also she has a VERY strong effortless sexual aura. You guys should try looking her up.

capricorn6

Premium Member
I've got Venus conjunct Mars in Virgo in the 8th, but the above description in the first post doesn't apply to me. Maybe it's because Venus squares Saturn, I don't know. My Sun and Mercury are in the mix too with Venus & Mars, forming a stellium.

I have a similar stellium, except Uranus and Neptune are in the mix, too.

People have asked me out, the vast majority strangers; it annoys me to the core. Maybe the stellium being in Capricorn has something to do with the annoyed part. Hmm...

The Ram

They can be quite attractive. Had an ex with this.

It's also a possibility that they'll have fertility problems, due to Mars (male reproductive system) being too closely tied together with venus (female reproductive system).

capricorn6

Premium Member
They can be quite attractive. Had an ex with this.

It's also a possibility that they'll have fertility problems, due to Mars (male reproductive system) being too closely tied together with venus (female reproductive system).

Is there anything that compensates for that? I have Jupiter in my fifth house, which I've heard usually predicts having a lot of children. Not that I really REALLY like children. I just want to be able to have a choice, lol. :andy:

The Ram

Yeah, Jupiter in the 5th is a really good placement for that, I have it there too.

I never said it was a sure thing or anything, just that with that Venus Mars conj it's a possibility.

If you're worried you could always get checked out.

kar

Venus / mars conjunct 0.30 degress in gemini
saturn 5 degrees gemini too
sometimes woman get shocked and get closed to me at first time.
But contrary for the ones i look.
What...?

Claire19

hi,

is it true that :venus: :conjunct: :mars: endows one with attractive Power??

makes this Aspect one really Attractive?? or, gives attraction/Sex appeal??

have someone this Aspect?? or, you know somebody with this Aspect??
(Bad English, i know:rolleyes: )

:56:
I have it in Libra in the 8th house but sextile Saturn in Leo so I am careful and cautious with romance and love matters. I have been called sexy but we dont see ourselves as others do and it is all a matter of taste.
I have Pisces rising with Neptune conjunct Venus and Mars as well.
I have even features and the typical dark hair and blue eyes. I am well endowed but that is because of the Moon in Taurus I think.:biggrin:

Uranian

I still haven't found a consistent pattern for beauty in the chart. There are a lot of things I would rule out as being an indicator of beauty and some things that I would say might be true but nothing that I've seen to be a definate indicator of beauty.
In your example FL, I would lean towards saying it was the asc. ruler conjuncting venus that caused the beauty.

In my opinion, the aspect cannot be analyzed in a vacuum. It must be described or analyzed through synthesis of how it's expressed through signs, houses and relation to other aspects.

I do think that the conjunction adds an element of intensity to this combination, but in Taurus the energy would be more attractive (Venus) and less obvious and in Scorpio the energy would be more dynamically aggressive, and thus more obvious.

For example: In my natal chart: Venus is Taurus 1d (ruler) conj Mars 0d Taurus (detriment) both in House 11; personal planets function is slightly impeded when filtered through the natural Aquarius. But, a conjunction of Venus and Mars in Scorpio, when located in the 5th or 7th House would function very differently.

my natal chart:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/album.php?albumid=1062&pictureid=5326

Last edited:

Claire19

In my opinion, the aspect cannot be analyzed in a vacuum. It must be described or analyzed through synthesis of how it's expressed through signs, houses and relation to other aspects.

I do think that the conjunction adds an element of intensity to this combination, but in Taurus the energy would be more attractive (Venus) and less obvious and in Scorpio the energy would be more dynamically aggressive, and thus more obvious.

For example: In my natal chart: Venus is Taurus 1d (ruler) conj Mars 0d Taurus (detriment) both in House 11; personal planets function is slightly impeded when filtered through the natural Aquarius. But, a conjunction of Venus and Mars in Scorpio, when located in the 5th or 7th House would function very differently.

my natal chart:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/album.php?albumid=1062&pictureid=5326

I agree but I also think that attractiveness or beauty has to be connected to aspects to the ascendant as well as it deals with the way we present ourselves,our image and our body to a large extent.

. We can have Venus and Mars conjunct for example in the 2nd house and it would deal with our physical material assets and finances. We can have it conjunct in the 6th house and it would deal with our everyday work, co workers etc.

Cypocryphy

hi,

is it true that :venus: :conjunct: :mars: endows one with attractive Power??

makes this Aspect one really Attractive?? or, gives attraction/Sex appeal??

have someone this Aspect?? or, you know somebody with this Aspect??
(Bad English, i know:rolleyes: )

:56:

Answer

It all depends on the placement of this conjunction in regard to how these energies express themselves. Generally, however, the effect of this commingling of energies is that Venus softens the aggressive nature of Mars, making the native less selfish but diminishes the ambitiousness of the spirit, making the native more complacent. In contrast, the effect it has on Venus is to cause fewer relationships, and that these relationships will tend to be more quarrelsome in nature, the native being more argumentative and adversarial. This energy is reflected in the various areas of the chart by rulership and configuration. So a Venusian Mars will permeate all areas of the chart where Mars is a factor, and conversely, a Martian Venus will be expressed in its areas of the chart.

Regarding beauty, true beauty will be exemplified by a harmonious aspect to either the ascendant or to the ruler of the chart. This means that Venus will form a Ptolemaic aspect, each one's quality related to the degree of beautification. This also includes squares and oppositions. Additionally, Venus in the sign of the ascendant, especially in the first house, will beautify. The terms of the ascendant also tend to enhance physical beauty. The signs related to these points in the chart, however, tend to not have such a pronounced effect on whether one is beautiful but tend to show mere physical expression of personality, that is, charming, aggressive, reserved, et cetera. Nonetheless, they will assist the physical beautification of the native, but secondarily, assisting the primary significations. In all, look for Venusian factors, and in their totality, they will direct you to making an accurate judgment on whether a child will be physically beautiful.

Examples

Pamela Anderson – Sextile
Pamela-Anderson-54.JPG

Pamela.gif

Although the chart does not acknowledge the aspect, you can see that Anderson's Venus is making a tight sextile to her ascendant, which is within 1º. The sextile is, in my opinion, the most powerful aspect for delivering physical beauty to the native.

Jennifer Aniston – Opposition & Libra Rising
NEJJMGyJn9NNNQ_1_3.jpg

Jennifer.gif

Aniston's time is from memory, but I believe she was born earlier than the time given. A difference of minutes would put Venus in opposition to her ascendant. She also has Venus as the ruler of her chart, which heightens the probability of being physically beautiful.

Gwyneth Paltrow – Trine
gwyneth_paltrow.jpg

Gwyneth.gif

Here, she has Venus forming a trine to the ruler of her chart, which is Jupiter.

Angelina Jolie – Conjunction
Angelina-Jolie.jpg

Angelina.gif

Jolie has the luck of having Venus in a partile conjunction to her ascendant.

Elizabeth Taylor – Double Trine
elizabetheyes.jpg

Elizabeth.gif

Taylor has a trine to her ruling planet as well as to her ascendant, which is why she is regarded as one the most beautiful women ever to grace the silver screen.

Last edited:

Cypocryphy

The Ugly Stick

Here are some examples of when Venus in not influencing the ascendant or the chart ruler

Rosie O'donnell
rosie.jpg

Rosie.gif

Here, you can see that a Venusian conjunction to the Sun does nothing to provide the native with physical beauty. It may make the person socially appealing, but that is as far is it goes.

Sandra Bernhard
sandra_bernhard--300x300.jpg

Sandra.gif

Here is another example of neither the ascendant or the chart ruler being configured with Venus. Although not made hideous, the native is denied physical beautification.

Gerard Depardieu
1-3-12-Gerard-Depardieu_full_600.jpg

Gerard.gif

And so as to not just pick on the women, you see that Gerard's Venus is hurt by being cadent and with a very strong affliction from Saturn.

Last edited:

Uranian

Thanks for your input. These sure do prove the rule! Now I am inspired to find charts that disprove it. Also, I find that posting the charts and your comments together is very valuable. :)

Last edited:

Cypocryphy

Exception to the rule – No

Danny Devito
dannydevito2a.jpg

Danny.gif

Although not hideous, especially in his youth, Devotee is not known for his good looks. Here you have what seems to be the exception to the rule. Venus is in the first house and conjunct the ascendant. Furthermore, it is making as square to the chart ruler. Venus is in sect and angular. But it is forming an opposition with Saturn, the worst aspect one can have with Saturn. Furthermore, Saturn is in its detriment, so it will have an especially pernicious effect on Venus, so much so that it nearly restricts all of its gift giving abilities, especially the ability to beautify. This is why other factors will have to be taken into account before a judgment can be made.

Last edited:

Cascada

My sister is the prettiest girl I know :joyful: I always looked up to her, trying to copy her hairstyles and stuff as a kid :love:
I don't think she has a Venus/Mars connection in her chart, though Venus is strong for her (she's a Taurus). She's a Virgo rising with Mercury placed in Aries, squaring Mars. She does have her Sun sextile Mars, trine Pluto and ascendant. She also has Mars sextile Ascendant and a few other easy aspects to her Ascendant. Maybe that's what does it :sideways:

Cypocryphy

My sister is the prettiest girl I know :joyful: I always looked up to her, trying to copy her hairstyles and stuff as a kid :love:
I don't think she has a Venus/Mars connection in her chart, though Venus is strong for her (she's a Taurus). She's a Virgo rising with Mercury placed in Aries, squaring Mars. She does have her Sun sextile Mars, trine Pluto and ascendant. She also has Mars sextile Ascendant and a few other easy aspects to her Ascendant. Maybe that's what does it :sideways:

What influence is Venus having in her chart? As ruler of the chart, the tendency seems to elevate it as a natural factor and contributor to physical attractiveness.

Cascada

What influence is Venus having in her chart? As ruler of the chart, the tendency seems to elevate it as a natural factor and contributor to physical attractiveness.

Not much I guess, now that I've looked more into it. Though Venus is in the 10th, placed in Cancer, so it's fairly strong being angular. Her chart ruler (Mercury) is placed in the 8th. Doesn't the 8th house rule sexuality? :whistling: