His chart is just so dark/sad

tokyo.lights

Hi,
What can you tell me about this chart? I’m trying my best to understand him but it's not easy. I’ve never seen a chart with so many challenging aspects.

Sun square Pluto
Moon square Mars
Moon opposite Saturn
Venus square Pluto
Mars square Saturn
Mars opposite Neptune

Thank you :smile:

Last edited:

Bina

Yes, there are 3 challenging t-squares in this chart, but I can also see a lot of trines and sextiles as well as 2 minor grand trines, also called small talent triangles, which could help ease the tensions of the squares. :smile:

The Mercury-Jupiter conjunction in Leo/5th house is potentially a very creative aspect, this person is probably a very good communicator. This conjunction is at the center of one of the small talent triangles, with the Mars-Pluto trine, as well as being in the middle of the third t-square, with Chiron and Uranus making the opposition. A complex pattern, which looks to me like one of the focus points of the chart.

What you perceive as sad and difficult is most probably the t-square between Moon, Mars and Saturn/NN, a very challenging pattern, which can make the native prone to depression, causing a lot of restrictions and frustrations. Adding to this is the opposition from Neptune to Mars, making another t-square with Saturn/NN, it is almost a Grand Cross, except the orb between Moon and Neptune is very wide with almost 12°.

Saturn closely conjunct the NN indicates that the native will experience many restrictions in this life, and he will have to learn Saturnian qualities such as patience, endurance and discipline to achieve anything.

The Moon-Saturn/NN opposition is eased by the trine-sextile to Venus. The Sun is squared by Pluto, but it also trines Uranus. The Mars-Neptune opposition is actually part of a series of sextiles, which can redirect the energy. So I think this person has many talents, as well as challenges and he will need to use these talents to deal with and overcome all the challenges in his life. :smile:

Last edited:

tokyo.lights

Yes! He’s a very, very, very good communicator! He can go on and on, but it has substance and it’s interesting and quirky:joyful: He's gifted and can hold an audience.

He does suffer from depression, it's like there's this very dark heavy cloud following him. Some sites and books are a little scary about Saturn, saying things like cruelty and sadism and coldness, one place referred to Mars squ Saturn as the Hitler aspect....SO outrageous! :O A lot of mean, and unnecessary things are written about Saturn. Your description is a lot more accurate (and comforting).

Thanks for replying Bina :happy: Taking on board everything you said. I think I just feel very sensitive to his suffering because my Sun is caught in the crossfire of that t-square. His Saturn opposes my Sun, I feel I absorb his dark moods sometimes, which is why I'm trying to understand him better.

retinoid

Yes definitely mood disorders could plague him with moon in the 12th opposed by Saturn and Rahu in the 6th (health)...both challenged in Virgo. Could give him wicked nerves or OCD. A big help would have been a pleasant child hood, or a comfortable living space or therapy going back into him past. In any case medication could be necessary, especially for any anxiety issues. Probably creative and could be a good romantic, but will probably be delayed or have some obstacles pop up in exploring this light hearted side.

dreamtimez

His Saturn opposes my Sun, I feel I absorb his dark moods sometimes, which is why I'm trying to understand him better.

Sun opp Saturn synastry is difficult ... I have this with a colleague. I feel he tries to restrict me, though over time I have learnt that its not so at all. Its a kind of 'teacher-student' tie ... the 'teacher' feeling responsible for the 'student'. Initially there were a few flare ups ... I rebelled, but now I can understand. :innocent:

Bina

I think I just feel very sensitive to his suffering because my Sun is caught in the crossfire of that t-square. His Saturn opposes my Sun, I feel I absorb his dark moods sometimes, which is why I'm trying to understand him better.

Then your Sun is also conjunct his Moon and square his Mars?
Which could mean you shine a light onto his feelings, making them more obvious (moon is hidden in 12th house). Also he might get angry at you or you at him or you could at times get frustrated with each other - Sun square Mars.

tokyo.lights

Yes definitely mood disorders could plague him with moon in the 12th opposed by Saturn and Rahu in the 6th (health)...both challenged in Virgo. Could give him wicked nerves or OCD. A big help would have been a pleasant child hood, or a comfortable living space or therapy going back into him past. In any case medication could be necessary, especially for any anxiety issues. Probably creative and could be a good romantic, but will probably be delayed or have some obstacles pop up in exploring this light hearted side.
Yes! You know it’s funny because he keeps his cool in public, but behind closed doors he’s such a nervous wreck. I keep telling him it’ll decrease his life, I’ve never seen that in anyone before. His romance is in the form of speech, which is okay :lol:

Sun opp Saturn synastry is difficult ... I have this with a colleague. I feel he tries to restrict me, though over time I have learnt that its not so at all. Its a kind of 'teacher-student' tie ... the 'teacher' feeling responsible for the 'student'. Initially there were a few flare ups ... I rebelled, but now I can understand. :innocent:
haha I know just how you feel! I grew up with a parent whose Saturn squares my Venus&Mars. Gave me a complex to run when I feel I’m being controlled. It's difficult to not rebel.

Last edited:

tokyo.lights

Then your Sun is also conjunct his Moon and square his Mars?
Which could mean you shine a light onto his feelings, making them more obvious (moon is hidden in 12th house). Also he might get angry at you or you at him or you could at times get frustrated with each other - Sun square Mars.
Oh I have a gift for making him angry Bina, but I figure it's good for him I guess, in a way because he's so controlled. Plus my Jupiter/Uranus in at 9/10degrees Sagittarius, kinda wonder if I’m a help or hindrance.

That’s such a sweet way of looking at Sun conj Moon, I shine a light to his emotions :smile:

aquarius7000

Hi,

It is a chart full of 'character' with those challenging aspects.

I feel that the native might be quite spiritual, and/or he could have a lot to do with the overseas in some way. I am pretty sure that either both these things, or at least one is true, with that 9th house Nep aspected by Jup as its own dispositor, and as the 9th-house Lord.

May I ask if he is in some sort of a teaching/counselling profession? I know you said he can hold an audience well, but what kind of audience? He surely must have quite a magnetic pull on people he comes in contact with, with Plu-Ven, and both tied to the 7th house (others) through location and rulership.

Btw, not that I am into cook-book astrology, but the 'basic' description of the Sat-Mars aspect of it having a tendency of playing itself out as a 'dictator' in some sense, and some area of life (sometimes even towards ones ownself, through physical self-harm) is most always there. Depends on how well and intimately you know this person, Tokyo Lights. The tendencies can however be controlled by some. With Mars in the 3rd and in Gemini, sometimes a person might turn 'violent' (abusive) through words in certain situations. If you were to ask this person, and he were frank enough, I think he will be able to give you certain e.g.s.

Someone on this thread commented on the Sun-Moon aspects. This is one of the best aspects to have with another person in terms of synastry. The Sun person will feel (with a trine/sextile) emotionally comfortable with the Moon person, and the Moon person will simply enjoy the 'pleasure' and 'warmth' of the Sun person. There is a basic understanding and attraction, even bonding with these two aspects at harmonious play with eachother.

:)AQ7

tokyo.lights

Hi AQ7 thanks for replying,
You’re pretty much right on everything, he speaks several languages and travels A LOT. His work involves managing others so he gets to thoroughly exercise his bossy side. As far as I know, he’s not self-harmed, buttt did get into terrible accidents when he was younger, just through reckless/careless behavior. Again, very true about Mars 3rd house! in addition to all the other Mercury stuff, it’s something that’s better to avoid bringing to surface. Strangely it doesn’t upset me too bad, I prefer conflict in close relationships over silence/resentment X-X

Someone on this thread commented on the Sun-Moon aspects. This is one of the best aspects to have with another person in terms of synastry. The Sun person will feel (with a trine/sextile) emotionally comfortable with the Moon person, and the Moon person will simply enjoy the 'pleasure' and 'warmth' of the Sun person. There is a basic understanding and attraction, even bonding with these two aspects at harmonious play with eachother.

:)AQ7
Such a wonderful way to look at it:joyful: easily my fav synastry aspect.