sinastry, just a question

catherine de lune

Hello, lately I've been studying synastry and found in two astral maps of a couple that cross of the graphic (the one with desc with asc and mc with ic) in the same position, like linking the same signs but on inverse
for example, her middle sky is the ascendent of him, and him middle sky is her descendent.

what does it means?

wait for an answer...:happy:

(by the way, sorry for my bad english, but i'm a portuguese :p)

[poster didn't give an astrological interpretaton so moved to Greenhorns Lounge - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

EJ53

Banned
.....her middle sky is the ascendent of him, and him middle sky is her descendent.......what does it means?

Hi Catherine......Welcome to the forum.

You probably know from studying natal astrology that the Ascendant is the lens through which we see (and are seen by) strangers; the MC/middle sky is the lens that colours our view of collegues or working contacts (and theirs of us); the IC influences our perception of family/close friends and the Descendant works the same way with those we know intimately.

So, in your synastry example, he will find it hard to accept and be accepted by her collegues (MC) because he will not reveal his true self to them (Ascendant)......However, she will get on well with his colleagues (MC) because she will "be her true self" in their company......Because of this, she is likely to help him further his career.....but he is unlikely to do the same for hers.

With regard to the sign linkage between the two charts, this will help both people to see things from a perspective that is different from their own....For example, if Aries is his 1st house but her 10th...she will see him as being too impulsive and he will see her as too driven by her career, but each will see themselves as not being so.....Thus, the relationship can enable them to see themselves as others see them.

.....sorry for my bad english, but i'm a portuguese)

Your English is fine.......What do you think of the Portuguese spoken by the English?:biggrin:

EJ:smile:

piercethevale

Thank you so much EJ :biggrin: you were the only who responded to my question
glad for that
i just didn't understand yet (maybe it's just an accident) the cross so equal in both maps, just in different posicions, let me show you the two maps:

her map:
http://www.astro.com/cgi/showgif.cg....gif&res=63&va=&cid=vyifilekuaDDL-u1244131618

and his map:
http://www.astro.com/cgi/showgif.cg....gif&res=63&va=&cid=vyifilekuaDDL-u1244131618

merci!

...the axis is so equal because each of these people were born about the same time of year at the same geographical location [Portugal].
In truth...these chart axis are way out of sync...nothing to get too excited about.
Have you done a composite chart?
Also I like to calculate the Arabic Parts/Lots, and see how they match up in a synastry...and do them for the composite.
I have found great significance in the inter-aspects between charts in Arabic Parts....for example where does ones Part of Fortune, Part of Increase and Benifits and the Part of Catastrophe correspond to the others birth chart...and vice versa. How does the composite chart relate to both other charts.
There's a myriad of comparisons to do in a synastry...chart axis comparison, [as you are doing here] is but a very small part.
Keep up the studies...and you are communicating very well in English...
There are a great number of Portuguese here in No. Calif...along with Mexicans and Italians...you should hear the cacaphony when they all get together...and put a Romanian in the room and all "Latin Hell" breaks out linguistically! :pinched:

Last edited:
Sounds like you are referring to astro cartography and what you need to be looking at is synastry bi wheels from astro.com

May I suggest you read the 'welcome sticky' at the top of this forum? It has some great explanations, links etc and also has links to forum rules & regs...At the top of every forum there are lots of ‘stickys’ which explain matters in that forum, along with guidelines, tips and forum rules

Have you tried the astrocartography on astro.com, go to free horoscopes, then look to right. Astrocartography works and there is forum on AW that covers this and on astro.com on interactive, travel they offer astrocartography/world maps, which has its place and explains which planets rules lat and long where you relocate to and how this will affect you in this location. It is my personal opinion that relocated ‘birth charts’ don’t work, there are plenty of other techniques available.

Have just realised where the confusion may be on astro.com to get a solar return for a new location, you have to find the option to use a relocated chart, which does mean changing location from where natally you were born to where you are living now. This is just so you can get a relocated solar return only.....

Relocated birth charts are more or less astrocartography, whereby all your natal planets are stretched out over the globe and uses lat and long to discover best place to live. Apparently relocated birth charts does something similar (but not as widely used or known as astrocartography) whereby especially over the Angles could bring a planet out of 12, 3 6 or 9th to become much more active

Have you tried a free composite chart with explanations being 'interactive'
Composite charts
If you go to www.astro.com click on free horoscopes, go to Interactive horoscopes, go down to Astroclick partner, that will bring up a composite chart and when you put the mouse over a planet will bring up a pop up box with the interpretation......

But you do need both times of birth to be accurate though.. enjoy.

Composites describe the relationship, not either one of you, but what you came together to learn or to do and how the 'pair of you' function when together....

To start with it's best to look at the individual needs of each persons chart and how they relate and what they are looking for. Astro.com does have an option composite + natal midpoint method (2) which I find helpful. If you choose to post the synastry bi wheel from astro could you please select the 2nd synastry option as it will put the houses and degrees onto the wheel which is far better for us to evaluate matters....

When looking at a woman’s chart the type of man she would look for is her sun sign and mars traits, plus 7th house planets and house cusp ruler and where that ruler was deposited.
When looking at a mans chart for the type of woman he would look for is his venus and moon sign and then 7th house planets and house cusp ruler and where that ruler was deposited.

Although synastry is a valuable tool with astrology it cannot 'make things happen' even if you have the best synastry in the world unfortunately..

If you want to research more into synastry try here
http://cafeastrology.com/astrology_of_relationships.html
http://www.cafeastrology.com/synastry/interchartaspects.html
http://www.cafeastrology.com/synastry_house_overlays.html