Both significators Venus?

Whereisbear

Heya,

I asked “does he have a gf?” And the 7H is ruled by Venus (Taurus) & the 5H from that is Libra, so also ruled by Taurus. Venus is in Aries in a Pisces ruled 4H. Jupiter is in 4H too

I am fairly new to horary, however how do I work this out?

Many thanks!

Osamenor

Staff member
If "he" is your love interest, you don't look to the fifth from the seventh to see if he has a girlfriend. His girlfriend, if he has one, would be the seventh from the seventh, because she's his love interest, which would make her the first house, which would give her the same significator as you. Way too confusing. Perhaps for that reason, that's not how that type of question is read.

If you're asking this question because you want to know if he's available for a relationship with you, then your real question is, is he available to me? If he is, there should be an applying aspect between your significators, with nothing in the way. Or perhaps a translation of light: your significators don't aspect each other but there's a third planet in the process of aspecting both of them.

If he isn't available because he's with someone else, his significator would be aspecting something else, along with other signs that point to a no, not available. The other planet aspecting his significator could indicate a girlfriend. Doesn't matter which house ruler it is.

Whereisbear

If "he" is your love interest, you don't look to the fifth from the seventh to see if he has a girlfriend. His girlfriend, if he has one, would be the seventh from the seventh, because she's his love interest, which would make her the first house, which would give her the same significator as you. Way too confusing. Perhaps for that reason, that's not how that type of question is read.

If you're asking this question because you want to know if he's available for a relationship with you, then your real question is, is he available to me? If he is, there should be an applying aspect between your significators, with nothing in the way. Or perhaps a translation of light: your significators don't aspect each other but there's a third planet in the process of aspecting both of them.

If he isn't available because he's with someone else, his significator would be aspecting something else, along with other signs that point to a no, not available. The other planet aspecting his significator could indicate a girlfriend. Doesn't matter which house ruler it is.

Thank you for your reply, appreciate it.

He isn’t a love interest. Not anymore. He is my ex bf. I don’t have interest in being with him myself.

There are many reasons why I want to know this answer.

So in this case, how would I go about working this out? Mars ruler of my 1st or his potential gf’s first. Or if there is a love interest, then Libra is his “5H” so would also be Venus for them both. There is no aspect between Mars & Venus. However Mars is in Venus’s exaltation of Pisces (on the IC) & Venus is in Mars exaltation, Aries sitting in 4H (or domicile?)
However currently Venus is in detriment in Aries. Venus squares the Moon in Gemini (funny, my natal moon) 8H. Sextile Mercury in 7H his “1H”. Lastly, sun & Uranus exact conj (combust?) in 6H/“his12H”
Saturn is in domicile Aquarius.

Am I right in thinking there is someone, but it’s not serious or he isn’t serious about her?

Whereisbear

Wow! similar question to mine. This is the type of question i get stuck with.

Hopefully we can both get our answers! I’m pretty new to horary & find it so fascinating. And it’s great we are able to direct ourselves to answers. I hope we can find them for ourselves :)

IleneK

Premium Member
Thank you for your reply, appreciate it.

He isn’t a love interest. Not anymore. He is my ex bf. I don’t have interest in being with him myself.

There are many reasons why I want to know this answer.

So in this case, how would I go about working this out? Mars ruler of my 1st or his potential gf’s first. Or if there is a love interest, then Libra is his “5H” so would also be Venus for them both. There is no aspect between Mars & Venus. However Mars is in Venus’s exaltation of Pisces (on the IC) & Venus is in Mars exaltation, Aries sitting in 4H (or domicile?)
However currently Venus is in detriment in Aries. Venus squares the Moon in Gemini (funny, my natal moon) 8H. Sextile Mercury in 7H his “1H”. Lastly, sun & Uranus exact conj (combust?) in 6H/“his12H”
Saturn is in domicile Aquarius.

Am I right in thinking there is someone, but it’s not serious or he isn’t serious about her?

So how do you characterize your ex? Is he a friend?
If so, we use the 11th for him.
If not a friend, then why do you care?

All of These questions need to be honestly addressed to see if there is an answer to your question.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
So in this case, how would I go about working this out? Mars ruler of my 1st or his potential gf’s first. Or if there is a love interest, then Libra is his “5H” so would also be Venus for them both.
Love interests are always represented by the seventh house in horary. Never the fifth. If the question is about the querent's love interest, it's the seventh house of the horary chart, and if it's about someone else's love interest, actual or potential, it's the seventh house from whichever house represents the someone else.

That would make your ex's potential girlfriend....

So how do you characterize your ex? Is he a friend?
If so, we use the 11th for him.

...the fifth house, if you count him as a friend, because that's seventh from the eleventh.

And this...

If not a friend, then why do you care?

...is absolutely crucial. Not only because the answer to this question determines which house to use for your ex, it also determines whether or not the question is valid in the first place. For a horary chart to be valid, the question has to be valid, and for a horary question to be valid, the querent has to have a unique personal stake in the matter. Idle curiosity is not a personal stake in the matter.

If he's no longer your love interest and you have no interest in rekindling your relationship with him, how does whether he has a girlfriend or not affect you? How is it any of your business?

Sofie

Heya,

I asked “does he have a gf?” And the 7H is ruled by Venus (Taurus) & the 5H from that is Libra, so also ruled by Taurus. Venus is in Aries in a Pisces ruled 4H. Jupiter is in 4H too

I am fairly new to horary, however how do I work this out?

Many thanks!

Hello,

In learning horary technique, it can be helpful to discuss a chart as a reference point. The texts which discuss horary technique, usually make this reference. The chart tells the story, and the story may be more complex. If you have any emotional investment into this answer, I would keep yourself as the L1, though, and look to see what L7 is up to.

dr. farr

For. Me if both relevant significatora are the same planet I would use the condition of that planet to estimate a yes or no answer; in this case significator Venus is detrimented in Aries, so I would discern a No answer to this question.

Humanitarian

For. Me if both relevant significatora are the same planet I would use the condition of that planet to estimate a yes or no answer; in this case significator Venus is detrimented in Aries, so I would discern a No answer to this question.
Thanks Dr. Farr! I'm struggling with horary charts with the question's significator is the same as the querent's significator, like lost item horary charts with a Capricorn rising with an Aquarius 2nd house, since traditionally, Capricorn and Aquarius have the same ruler, Saturn.

Outlook

i think this type of question is called snooping, or stalking. wont be successfull.

reality is we typically pick the same kind of people … a particular profile….and have the same kind of relationships resulting.

so as an ex, you fall into the profile.

Hwistle

In a relationship chart the Querent gets Lord 1, The Moon and Venus or the Sun (depending on gender), and Quesited gets Lord 7 and the Sun/Venus (depending on gender). If Lord 1 is the same planet as Lord 7, you can give it to one of them (based on receptions, probably) and use the other significator for whoever is left.

*Morph*

In a relationship chart the Querent gets Lord 1, The Moon and Venus or the Sun (depending on gender), and Quesited gets Lord 7 and the Sun/Venus (depending on gender). If Lord 1 is the same planet as Lord 7, you can give it to one of them (based on receptions, probably) and use the other significator for whoever is left.
you have not made astrological sense - lord 1 is lord 1 - not moon venus or sun depending on gender! Nor lord 7 dependent on gender. And Lord 1 can NEVER be the same as lord 7 - the very basis of astrology dictates so. Use constellations not house cusps.
I can't even believe this thread has become current

Hwistle

you have not made astrological sense - lord 1 is lord 1 - not moon venus or sun depending on gender! Nor lord 7 dependent on gender. And Lord 1 can NEVER be the same as lord 7 - the very basis of astrology dictates so. Use constellations not house cusps.
I can't even believe this thread has become current

Let me clarify, I said the Querent gets Lord 1, The Moon and, in relationship questions, also gets the Sun (man) or Venus (woman) depending on gender. (I'm not making this up, it's a traditional Horary technique)

Second point, when I said "if Lord 1 is the same planet as Lord 7", I was referring to the possibility of both house cusps being on signs ruled by the same planet, forcing us to choose a different planet for the Querent or Quesited. Of course, this won't work if you're using whole sign house system or modern rulerships, but I'm obviously talking from a traditional-horary point of view (and happy to be corrected, from a traditional point of view, of course).

Hope this makes sense, astrologically or otherwise :)

Last edited: