Saturn transiting 7th house experiences?

picolet

I was wondering if anyone has had experiences with saturn transit through their 7th house? Did your serious relationship/marriage survive it? Was it difficult?
I'm having this transit at the moment and my serious boyfriend for 4 years all of a sudden mentioned he needed a break. It came out of the blue for me, I had no idea we even had problems!
I feel very lost and tried to talk to him about it, he just said he didn't know if it was me or the general environment we live in getting him down, he wants to move back in with his parents across the country! I really love this guy, and do not want to lose him. i'd like to hear your stories on this difficult transit. thank you!

bittermoon

Mine (12 years) did not survive. Apparently, if the relationship isn't solid to begin with, it will dissolve. If it is, it will become more solid.

What is going on in his chart that makes him want to take a break?

Lion o ness

When Saturn, hit my 7th, a weird serious of events happened with my husband (together 12 years) He was taken out of the house by the circumstances (not because of a split).. Then ON the day, on his way home, another weird circumstance happened and he was not able to return..

We eventually split because of these circumstances, because I started seeing things in a new light, and decided I was no longer going to go through this.. That was over 2 years ago...

So in my case fate/Saturn stepped him, and said "Sorry but time to move on!" Made sure it happen....

If these circumstances, didnt happen we would still be together.

picolet

Thanks for your replies! Was it very hard for you guys to deal with? And in hindsight, do you feel that splitting was for the better?

Bittermoon, Saturn is in his 3rd house right now, and about to be opposing his sun. I gather this is what is making him question the city we live in, his environment, and job. I know it's not ideal, we live in a cramped apartment, he doesn't have a lot of friends here and he's just questioning his life in general.

I also have Uranus dancing all over my ascendant, this would be why this whole situation came out of the blue!

I'll ask permission from him to post his chart. I'm sure he is wondering what's going on with our relationship as well. Thank you again for your replies, I'd like to learn as much about this transit as I can, he is very important to me.

To me our relationship seemed solid, but apparently I've overlooked the fact that he had some issues that he didn't tell me about... stay tuned. I'd love to hear more experiences from everyone!

Last edited:

gemini59

I currently have Saturn transiting my 7th but I am with out a relationhip right now. Now it is currenty sextiling venus/mars in my fifth and I am noticing a change in my attitude toward relationships in general. As I am going through a healing phase with a relationship that broke up over or about a year ago (when in my 6th house) I think healing is important. Not sure that is Saturns job though.

Yes your chart is interesting in that saturn is aspecting both your natal venus and Uranus and your SAturn is well placed in the 7th in Libra. And we see your coming due for your Saturn return.

I will share with you that just prior to my saturn return I broke up with my mate at the time. I was devastated. Yet the following year I met my husband and we had two children (though we divorced later...sorry to add that ...) But Saturn was passing through my 9th then 10th at the time.

But what I am trying to say is that saturn in the 7th and coming up on your saturn return will test you. but with your aspects and placement you may see something positive come of it.

Kenoshamaensa

As I am going through a healing phase with a relationship that broke up over or about a year ago (when in my 6th house) I think healing is important. Not sure that is Saturns job though.

I don't know -- it might be, to a certain degree. Or rather, it can be when it means Saturn allows one clarity about what happened.

I also have Saturn just about to exit my 7th house, where it was conjunct my sun for several months in 2010 (and thus pulled my sun into a lot of the sky activity this summer).

5 years ago or so, my own marriage of almost 20 years broke up, and while we'd had trouble for a while, Saturn had just entered my 5th house -- although interestingly not the 7th. But a few years before, while it had crossed my IC, that's when the first really serious sets of problems began.

But as Saturn went through my 7th house, and with five years gone, I was able to reassess aspects of the marriage and see things that had been fundamentally wrong with it, without quite the same emotional overlay. Is that healing? Yes. But it's healing through a pragmatic approach.

Saturn can break things, but as pointed out, it also solidifies things that are strong.

picolet

Hi all! Thanks for your replies. Oh I don't know if I'm prepared for my Saturn return! I feel like everything is happening at once and it's so frustrating. I'm taking precautions to try and handle everything as maturely as I can, but as for the outcome... what will be will be I suppose.

I feel like I've already sobered up about relationships in general, seeing what had worked and what flaws we had in the past. I'm more than willing to work through those issues but I can only do half the work. It takes 2 in any relationship to balance.

I got permission to post my boyfriend's chart. He has a few difficult transits coming up. Although Saturn is not in his 7th house, the current Saturn in Libra is also a shaker in relationships if I'm getting this right? (Sorry, still very much a beginner.)

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 70

Claire19

Without your chart cant really comment. However Saturn through the 7th usually means difficulties and can mean moving on.

From what you describe conditions are not ideal and if he is wanting to go live with his parents, obviously money is an issue or he is feeling homesick perhaps. Cramped conditions are very trying with any relationship and he is feeling alone and lonely from what you say. If you do have a break then it will determine whether your relationship is strong enough to make some sort of change and work to be together.....or not..

piscesnurse

first i cannot tell u all how much i appreciate his forum
i love astrology it just rings so true
my saturn is now in libra seven degrees on my seventh I am rather nervous as it is opposing my aries in the first it also squares my natal saturn in the fourth i am trying to figure out how to post my chart I am hoping this can be a growing period and not always a negative one
thank you all since i have neptune jupiter and chiron in the seventh awaiting your input when i post thanks so much

julia

Saturn has just entered my 7th house/libra. Any experiences when saturn exactly conj your descendant?

dhundhun

Saturn's reaction is based on the strength of foundation. In the context of 7th house, this foundation is strenght of relationship, whether is is dating or marriage or close friends or close business associates, or contract or so many more things, you know, it is a long list.

For me it was new job for betterment. Wife stayed back for 3 months to take care of their schooling. Subsequently, I travelled abroad a lot, alone, or various projects. Total 13 months of being away from family during Saturn's entire transit through 7th house.

I am from India. Usually foundation of traditional marriages in India is pretty strong and many people religiously follow it. Under that situation, Saturn's challange about relationship is insignificant. So after some time it starts working in reverse way, bringing more closer (Like 3rd law of Newton).

To many people this aspect of Saturn might look strange, but I have seen and experienced many cases.
=======

For prediction about Saturn in 7th, one need to see how strong foundation related to 7th is. It is going to respond depending on its strengths and weaknesses. Saturn is associated with tapasya (austerity), sacrifices. It usually gives success only after that.

Inside Out Orange

Saturn's reaction is based on the strength of foundation. In the context of 7th house, this foundation is strenght of relationship, whether is is dating or marriage or close friends or close business associates, or contract or so many more things, you know, it is a long list.

Yep ... I think this is an important point to recognise. That saturn in the 7th house is not just about your nearest and dearest. It's about close relationships in general.

I seem to recall that Robert Hand says that saturn's passage into the 7th is when it begins to teach you the lessons of the outer world and your relationships with others. For the previous 14 years, Saturn passes through houses 1-6 where it structures and aligns the inner world (the self, your values, your learning, your home, your creativity, your service and health).

Given this context, saturn's entry into the 7th you begin to look at your close relationships, how they are structured and the foundations they are built on. Anything that no longer works for you will be wiped away.

Caro

mine didnt survive either but then I think it wasnt going to/or wasnt meant to be . this saturn transit formed part of a fixed grand cross. it was a very difficult time for me as im an aqua sun with scorpio rising. (didnt know much about astrology at the time but started to study after this event)
the whole event caused me to reassess many things in my life on anumber of levels..

tingding

Saturn entered my 7th at the end of 2008. It is still there, having passed over my sun earlier this year (direct then retro then direct again) and now passing over pluto (it's now one degree passed). I won't be free of Saturn in 7th until near the end of 2012 (my 7th runs from 19 degrees virgo to 0 degrees scorpio).

So, I'm halfway though, having survived the solar conjunction. My husband and I have been married since January of 2005, in a relationship since November of 2002. What I found much more testing was the period in 2007/2008 when Uranus crossed my ascendant (opposing my descendant) and then opposed my sun. I went a little off kilter and had to "get out" of the marriage, so I actually left my husband and filed for divorce. When things settled down, he was able to convince me to give him another chance (and drop the divorce charges).

The last two years have been rough though. I've had to face the reality of who he is, completely stripping away the idealistic vision of him I created. I've also had to come to terms more with who I am and be more honest with myself about my faults and my areas of weakness in relationships. I've had to fully understand that I am the person responsible for my happiness, and that I am not going to find it through another person. I cannot make him responsible for me, in other words.

There has been a lot of strain on our relationship, and there has not been much of the lighthearted fun and humor we shared and enjoyed during the first five years we were together. We are, however, getting though.

Granted, I'm only about halfway through Saturn's visit to my seventh house, but I'm done with it hitting my sun and the pluto contact should end next week. So far so good, kind of. :joyful:

Inside Out Orange

Wow tingding ... those are pretty tough transits ... but they'll really make your life good in my opinion.

Far too many people (particularly women) enter relationships with an idealised picture of their partner rather than a realistic one, and far too many believe that that person will complete them.

I hope it works for you. If you've got this far then it would be good to see it through and get the fruits of your labours.

julia

Saturn entered my 7th at the end of 2008. It is still there, having passed over my sun earlier this year (direct then retro then direct again) and now passing over pluto (it's now one degree passed). I won't be free of Saturn in 7th until near the end of 2012 (my 7th runs from 19 degrees virgo to 0 degrees scorpio).

So, I'm halfway though, having survived the solar conjunction. My husband and I have been married since January of 2005, in a relationship since November of 2002. What I found much more testing was the period in 2007/2008 when Uranus crossed my ascendant (opposing my descendant) and then opposed my sun. I went a little off kilter and had to "get out" of the marriage, so I actually left my husband and filed for divorce. When things settled down, he was able to convince me to give him another chance (and drop the divorce charges).

The last two years have been rough though. I've had to face the reality of who he is, completely stripping away the idealistic vision of him I created. I've also had to come to terms more with who I am and be more honest with myself about my faults and my areas of weakness in relationships. I've had to fully understand that I am the person responsible for my happiness, and that I am not going to find it through another person. I cannot make him responsible for me, in other words.

There has been a lot of strain on our relationship, and there has not been much of the lighthearted fun and humor we shared and enjoyed during the first five years we were together. We are, however, getting though.

Granted, I'm only about halfway through Saturn's visit to my seventh house, but I'm done with it hitting my sun and the pluto contact should end next week. So far so good, kind of. :joyful:

it seems that transit saturn was intense for you. I hope everything will be ok....

Betty F

Within a week of Saturn entering my 7th (almost 20 years ago) it actually BROUGHT a new relationship with a very Saturian type, and we were madly in love. The relationship was very limited, though. He did not want commitment, partnership, etc. It ended after 5 years. (Saturn moved to Aries). We still loved each other, just couldn't agree on the nature of a "good" relationship, so each went our individual ways.

tingding

Thank you Julia. It has been intense, but also sobering.

Thank you IOO. I hope we make it through this as well. It's hard to imagine things getting any worse than they've been though. If anything, this transit it teaching me to be more realistic, patient and hopefully it will continue to teach me to have more gratitude for what I do have in my life, rather than having frustration about what is lacking. I'm actually attaching my current transits.

I listen to astrologer Mark Husson each week on hayhouse radio online. He says that when saturn conjuncts your sun in transit, when it's done passing over it always leaves a gift. In fact I've had a new financial emergency pop up every week for the last month...and am going in for surgery next tuesday. If these are the "gifts" saturn left, I would like a gift receipt so I can make an exchange! :tongue:

I'm sorry to the original poster if it seems I'm hijacking your thread, I'm not meaning to.

Attachments

• sarah_transits.jpg
    sarah_transits.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Kerrie

I have a Librian 7th too and Saturn has still some time before you conjuncts my 7th.

Everyone goes through Saturn over the 7th and not everyones relationship will end.

Everyone needs to look at the natal promise of the chart, see the aspects Saturn makes in the natal and the aspects Saturn will make to your other planets when it transits your 7th house to get an indication of what could happen.

And of course dont forget the other transitting planets and where they are.

For example once Saturn gets to 29 Lib in the 7th it squares my Venus in the 10th... I think I will have challenges when it comes to relationships (lets hope its a work relationship).

Later while still in the 7th it will sextile my Saturn in the 5th and then trine my Sun in the 11th... nice easy espects, but natally my Saturn and Sun have an opposition, so maybe this wont be so nice for me... or I will need to make a decision about my relationship. I remember I meet my partner on my Saturn return... so I have a good feeling this will involve him again.

Later and still in the 7th its conjuncts my Uranus and thankfully my Uranus is in a grand trine, but hey Uranus is involved so I *really* have no idea what will happen, lol :love:.