Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 07-25-2015, 04:08 PM
positivevibes positivevibes is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 77
Violence in a natal chart

What are some aspects,house placements,planet placements,etc that makes one violent,I know alot of things depends on transits as well,but what are some aspects or placements that would make one violent or potentially violent for sure?

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 07-25-2015, 05:55 PM
ravenscall's Avatar
ravenscall ravenscall is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 51
Re: Violence in a natal chart

A lot depends on the environmental and sociological factors of a person's upbringing. Someone can have some rough aspects but were raised quite well. Another person can have no such aspect but is inclined to be violent depending on their social background - however.

An aspect that I've seen surrounding violence, or rather more just an extremely strong rage, is Mars square or opposed Pluto. I also contribute Mars square/opp Saturn and even Uranus could be involved too. Sun square or opposite Pluto also. There may be the tendency or desire to do these things, but whether one actually does it or not depends a lot on other things in a chart and also their personal disposition. But anything can be triggered if it's in a natal chart. I also think Mars on an angle is violent and aggressive (either themselves or they attract it from others)

I don't think house placements can classify this. There are billions of people with planets in a certain house, and they aren't all going to be the same way.

I know that people's opinions are all different so I don't care if someone disagrees ever I'm just stating my views.

Last edited by ravenscall; 07-25-2015 at 06:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ravenscall For This Useful Post:
positivevibes (07-25-2015), SirHorns (07-27-2015), unique_astrology (07-26-2015)
  #3  
Unread 07-25-2015, 06:41 PM
positivevibes positivevibes is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 77
Re: Violence in a natal chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenscall View Post
A lot depends on the environmental and sociological factors of a person's upbringing. Someone can have some rough aspects but were raised quite well. Another person can have no such aspect but is inclined to be violent depending on their social background - however.

An aspect that I've seen surrounding violence, or rather more just an extremely strong rage, is Mars square or opposed Pluto. I also contribute Mars square/opp Saturn and even Uranus could be involved too. Sun square or opposite Pluto also. There may be the tendency or desire to do these things, but whether one actually does it or not depends a lot on other things in a chart and also their personal disposition. But anything can be triggered if it's in a natal chart. I also think Mars on an angle is violent and aggressive (either themselves or they attract it from others)

I don't think house placements can classify this. There are billions of people with planets in a certain house, and they aren't all going to be the same way.

I know that people's opinions are all different so I don't care if someone disagrees ever I'm just stating my views.

I agree,everything that I've read that were the main culprits for violent people or people who show extreme rage when upset were, Mars square/opp Pluto,Saturn and Uranus.

I have seen other aspects that suggest anger,but the hard Mars aspects were the ones who would get angry AND do something about it
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 07-25-2015, 10:16 PM
graay ghost's Avatar
graay ghost graay ghost is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,480
Re: Violence in a natal chart

I feel like I should note that Gandhi had Mars opposition Pluto in angular houses in his natal.

Mars opposition Pluto does not idly sit by when it sees wrongs happen, I think. Whether the action taken is violent or not depends on a lot of factors.

Last edited by graay ghost; 07-26-2015 at 12:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to graay ghost For This Useful Post:
Osamenor (07-29-2015), positivevibes (07-26-2015)
  #5  
Unread 07-26-2015, 12:57 AM
ashriia ashriia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,062
Re: Violence in a natal chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by graay ghost View Post
I feel like I should note that Gandhi had Mars opposition Pluto in angular houses in his natal.

Mars opposition Pluto does not idly sit by when it sees wrongs happen, I think. Whether the action taken is violent or not depends on a lot of factors.

Agreed. there is nothing idle about mars/pluto, they fight for a cause or fight with their fists. but they fight no matter what.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ashriia For This Useful Post:
Osamenor (07-29-2015), positivevibes (07-26-2015)
  #6  
Unread 07-26-2015, 01:54 AM
positivevibes positivevibes is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 77
Re: Violence in a natal chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by graay ghost View Post
I feel like I should note that Gandhi had Mars opposition Pluto in angular houses in his natal.

Mars opposition Pluto does not idly sit by when it sees wrongs happen, I think. Whether the action taken is violent or not depends on a lot of factors.
Interesting,didn't know Ghandi had that

What's your take on the other serious two?

Mars square/opp Saturn
Mars square/opp Uranus
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 07-26-2015, 01:56 AM
positivevibes positivevibes is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 77
Re: Violence in a natal chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashriia View Post
Agreed. there is nothing idle about mars/pluto, they fight for a cause or fight with their fists. but they fight no matter what.
Whats your take on the other two?

Mars square Saturn
Mars square Uranus
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 07-26-2015, 02:13 AM
graay ghost's Avatar
graay ghost graay ghost is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,480
Re: Violence in a natal chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by positivevibes View Post
Interesting,didn't know Ghandi had that

What's your take on the other serious two?

Mars square/opp Saturn
Mars square/opp Uranus
I have Mars opp Pluto and Mars square Saturn. By popular astrology standards I should be downright murderous but I'm not a particularly violent or jealous person. I didn't even really have a good upbringing. Physical violence is just not my go-to method to get things done.

I know someone with Mars opp Uranus and she's not violent either.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to graay ghost For This Useful Post:
Osamenor (07-29-2015), positivevibes (07-26-2015)
  #9  
Unread 07-26-2015, 02:51 AM
positivevibes positivevibes is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 77
Re: Violence in a natal chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by graay ghost View Post
I have Mars opp Pluto and Mars square Saturn. By popular astrology standards I should be downright murderous but I'm not a particularly violent or jealous person. I didn't even really have a good upbringing. Physical violence is just not my go-to method to get things done.

I know someone with Mars opp Uranus and she's not violent either.
Hmmm,maybe other factors of the chart play a role

I know someone with Mars square Uranus,Mercury and Saturn with orbs for both Uranus and Saturn 0 and 2 for the Mercury.

Violent man,definitely likes to settle things with his fist

Maybe moon may play a factor or pluto aspects/placements?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 07-26-2015, 02:56 AM
graay ghost's Avatar
graay ghost graay ghost is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,480
Re: Violence in a natal chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by positivevibes View Post
Hmmm,maybe other factors of the chart play a role

I know someone with Mars square Uranus,Mercury and Saturn with orbs for both Uranus and Saturn 0 and 2 for the Mercury.

Violent man,definitely likes to settle things with his fist

Maybe moon may play a factor or pluto aspects/placements?
I don't know. What role do you think it has?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 07-26-2015, 03:15 AM
positivevibes positivevibes is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 77
Re: Violence in a natal chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by graay ghost View Post
I don't know. What role do you think it has?
Not sure,I was hoping you had an answer

But I know Pluto is violent as well and Moon has to do with our emotions
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 07-26-2015, 09:40 PM
ravenscall's Avatar
ravenscall ravenscall is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 51
Re: Violence in a natal chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashriia View Post
Agreed. there is nothing idle about mars/pluto, they fight for a cause or fight with their fists. but they fight no matter what.
They are really inspiring people in that way. I've seen a few in action, and with all of them there is a very strong vibe they give off. Some people are threatened by this and dislike them, others are magnetically drawn to it. I am drawn to and fascinated by them. They have a lot of power but they can feel powerless sometimes, which is what ignites the anger and drive to do something. I have a sextile between Mars and Pluto, and while it is not nearly as fierce as the square or opposition, I definitely fight whenever I need and have to.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ravenscall For This Useful Post:
positivevibes (07-26-2015)
  #13  
Unread 07-26-2015, 10:15 PM
positivevibes positivevibes is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 77
Re: Violence in a natal chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenscall View Post
They are really inspiring people in that way. I've seen a few in action, and with all of them there is a very strong vibe they give off. Some people are threatened by this and dislike them, others are magnetically drawn to it. I am drawn to and fascinated by them. They have a lot of power but they can feel powerless sometimes, which is what ignites the anger and drive to do something. I have a sextile between Mars and Pluto, and while it is not nearly as fierce as the square or opposition, I definitely fight whenever I need and have to.
Here are the other Hard Mars aspects that this author thoroughly explained besides Pluto which he didn't do:

[Quote over 100 words against Forum rules - Moderator - taken from this website: http://www.rosicrucian.com/mos/moseng06.htm]

The Sun square or opposition to Mars endows the person with an abundance of energy...

Venus square or opposition to Mars gives a very voluptuous and sensuous disposition, liable to gross excesses in the gratification of the passions which will sap the vitality...

Mercury square or opposition to Mars makes people quick-witted, sharp and alert, quick-tempered, impulsive and excitable, liable to jump at conclusions and act before they think...

Saturn conjunction, parallel, square or opposition to Mars are thoroughly bad aspects indicating a selfish, violent, harsh and cruel nature...

Jupiter square or opposition to Mars is the signature of the gambler...

Uranus conjunction, parallel, square, or opposition to Mars gives an erratic and eccentric disposition...

Last edited by wilsontc; 07-27-2015 at 08:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 07-26-2015, 10:46 PM
graay ghost's Avatar
graay ghost graay ghost is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,480
Re: Violence in a natal chart

Wow, somebody hated someone with a Merc/Mars hard aspect...
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to graay ghost For This Useful Post:
Osamenor (07-29-2015), positivevibes (07-26-2015)
  #15  
Unread 07-26-2015, 11:00 PM
positivevibes positivevibes is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 77
Re: Violence in a natal chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by graay ghost View Post
Wow, somebody hated someone with a Merc/Mars hard aspect...
I know someone with that aspect,and what the author wrote is almost exactly correct,who knows tho,so much depends on one's whole chart,because I'm pretty sure there are people with Merc/Mars hard aspect who has never showed those tendencies
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 07-26-2015, 11:24 PM
graay ghost's Avatar
graay ghost graay ghost is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,480
Re: Violence in a natal chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by positivevibes View Post
I know someone with that aspect,and what the author wrote is almost exactly correct,who knows tho,so much depends on one's whole chart,because I'm pretty sure there are people with Merc/Mars hard aspect who has never showed those tendencies
People in general have a tendency to perceive any hard edge from people in marginalized groups as being very threatening. Such black-and-white statements makes me think that he's projecting a threatening nature onto at least some people who may simply lack finesse.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to graay ghost For This Useful Post:
Osamenor (07-29-2015), positivevibes (07-27-2015)
  #17  
Unread 07-27-2015, 12:24 AM
positivevibes positivevibes is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 77
Re: Violence in a natal chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by graay ghost View Post
People in general have a tendency to perceive any hard edge from people in marginalized groups as being very threatening. Such black-and-white statements makes me think that he's projecting a threatening nature onto at least some people who may simply lack finesse.
You could be right.

But it seems everything you come across about "Hard" Mars aspects is overall bad and hints towards a person very capable of violence if not controlled
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 07-27-2015, 12:32 AM
graay ghost's Avatar
graay ghost graay ghost is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by positivevibes View Post
You could be right.

But it seems everything you come across about "Hard" Mars aspects is overall bad and hints towards a person very capable of violence if not controlled
Assuming that anyone is "bad" and needs to be "controlled" usually causes a bad time for everyone involved.

And yes, I would consider looking at a natal chart without considering past history to be assuming.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to graay ghost For This Useful Post:
Osamenor (07-29-2015), positivevibes (07-29-2015)
  #19  
Unread 07-27-2015, 09:35 PM
ravenscall's Avatar
ravenscall ravenscall is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 51
Re: Violence in a natal chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by positivevibes View Post
I know someone with that aspect,and what the author wrote is almost exactly correct,who knows tho,so much depends on one's whole chart,because I'm pretty sure there are people with Merc/Mars hard aspect who has never showed those tendencies
I knew a girl who had Mercury square Mars, Mars square Jupiter and Pluto, she was also a Scorpio Ascendant. She also had Sun and Mercury in the 8th house (the house of Pluto), I didn't know much about them as they were private and were also not around much of the time, but when I was with them, they were one of the most meekest, quiet and kind people. Also rather shy. So when I saw her chart I was astonished because I could never imagine the kind of behaviour suggested by those aspects to come from her. Again, I didn't know what this person was like in her day to day life as I only knew them at college. But yeah, you do need to look at the person before you judge based on aspects.

Last edited by ravenscall; 07-27-2015 at 09:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ravenscall For This Useful Post:
positivevibes (07-29-2015)
  #20  
Unread 07-28-2015, 03:21 AM
unique_astrology's Avatar
unique_astrology unique_astrology is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,021
Re: Violence in a natal chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by graay ghost View Post
I have Mars opp Pluto and Mars square Saturn. By popular astrology standards I should be downright murderous but I'm not a particularly violent or jealous person. I didn't even really have a good upbringing. Physical violence is just not my go-to method to get things done.
The angular planets in your chart offer an apt astrological description of the upbringing you describe.

Beyond that the potential is there for aggressive behavior when they are activated. The charts show potential, not mandatory, behavior. Some children raised in an alcoholic environment become alcoholics, others, terrified or disgusted by their experience, choose not to consume alcohol at all, still others drink moderately.

I have a first house Mars and have always enjoyed physically demanding work. This past winter, at the age of 74, I bought a snow shovel so I could shovel for my neighbors and helped the handyman when he came to shovel the walk in a building next to mine (I had already shoveled the walk for my building and did so for the rest of the winter). I think it was my stepfather's influence in my life that helped me channel that Mars placement.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to unique_astrology For This Useful Post:
Osamenor (07-29-2015), positivevibes (07-29-2015)
  #21  
Unread 07-28-2015, 03:39 AM
graay ghost's Avatar
graay ghost graay ghost is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,480
Re: Violence in a natal chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by unique_astrology View Post
The angular planets in your chart offer an apt astrological description of the upbringing you describe.

Beyond that the potential is there for aggressive behavior when they are activated. The charts show potential, not mandatory, behavior. Some children raised in an alcoholic environment become alcoholics, others, terrified or disgusted by their experience, choose not to consume alcohol at all, still others drink moderately.

I have a first house Mars and have always enjoyed physically demanding work. This past winter, at the age of 74, I bought a snow shovel so I could shovel for my neighbors and helped the handyman when he came to shovel the walk in a building next to mine (I had already shoveled the walk for my building and did so for the rest of the winter). I think it was my stepfather's influence in my life that helped me channel that Mars placement.
I don't know. It's a grand cross with Mars, Saturn, Pluto, and Mercury, so I had a pet theory that that all of this would rather be expressed through Mercury as it's the fastest-moving and most, I guess, "delicate" planet involved.

My dad kept telling me over and over again how he hated when people played dumb with him/others to get people to like them so he kept telling me to never play dumb because it was really annoying. So I stopped playing dumb and showed him how smart I really am, and now he wants to disown me. You'd think people would be more careful in thinking about if they really want what they ask for, but apparently not.

Last edited by graay ghost; 07-28-2015 at 05:04 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to graay ghost For This Useful Post:
positivevibes (07-29-2015)
  #22  
Unread 07-29-2015, 03:30 AM
positivevibes positivevibes is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 77
Re: Violence in a natal chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by graay ghost View Post
Assuming that anyone is "bad" and needs to be "controlled" usually causes a bad time for everyone involved.

And yes, I would consider looking at a natal chart without considering past history to be assuming.
Agreed,never assume
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 07-29-2015, 03:33 AM
positivevibes positivevibes is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 77
Re: Violence in a natal chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenscall View Post
I knew a girl who had Mercury square Mars, Mars square Jupiter and Pluto, she was also a Scorpio Ascendant. She also had Sun and Mercury in the 8th house (the house of Pluto), I didn't know much about them as they were private and were also not around much of the time, but when I was with them, they were one of the most meekest, quiet and kind people. Also rather shy. So when I saw her chart I was astonished because I could never imagine the kind of behaviour suggested by those aspects to come from her. Again, I didn't know what this person was like in her day to day life as I only knew them at college. But yeah, you do need to look at the person before you judge based on aspects.
What was her Moon and Mercury in?

I know a guy with A Taurus Moon(Super laid back) Mercury and Venus in Gemini(Witty,Smart and Funny) Ascendant in Libra(Pretty boy type) and was soooo cool and unassuming

But he had 1st house Pluto that opposed his Moon,Mars square Mercury,Uranus,Saturn and was really violent when mad,actually when he got mad and beat people up,people were so shocked because they never thought he had that side in him.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 07-29-2015, 03:34 AM
positivevibes positivevibes is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 77
Re: Violence in a natal chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by graay ghost View Post
I don't know. It's a grand cross with Mars, Saturn, Pluto, and Mercury, so I had a pet theory that that all of this would rather be expressed through Mercury as it's the fastest-moving and most, I guess, "delicate" planet involved.

My dad kept telling me over and over again how he hated when people played dumb with him/others to get people to like them so he kept telling me to never play dumb because it was really annoying. So I stopped playing dumb and showed him how smart I really am, and now he wants to disown me. You'd think people would be more careful in thinking about if they really want what they ask for, but apparently not.
Disown you? Wow sorry to hear that
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 07-29-2015, 04:54 AM
graay ghost's Avatar
graay ghost graay ghost is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,480
Re: Violence in a natal chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by positivevibes View Post
Disown you? Wow sorry to hear that
Yeah, apparently showing him that I had caught wise to his emotionally abusive tactics and was more difficult to manipulate than everyone else around him was not what he had in mind when he said he liked "intelligence." It's weird how many people mistake people agreeing with you as "intelligence."

I would not say Mars square Mercury is violent, or even dominating. It's more... argumentative. The idea that arguing is "bad" varies by culture and subculture. A gentler, sensitive soul might not get it, I don't know.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to graay ghost For This Useful Post:
positivevibes (07-29-2015)
Reply

Tags
chart, natal, violence

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.