ZODIACAL RELEASING: An Ancient TIMING TECHNIQUE

JUPITERASC

A detailed introduction to an ancient timing technique
called zodiacal releasing
which divides a person's life into chapters
and helps to establish your overall life story.

Zodiacal releasing is aN HELLENISTIC TIME-LORD TECHNIQUE
that was recently recovered

from the work of the 2nd century astrologer VETTIUS VALENS

This is episode 192 of The Astrology Podcast
with Chris Brennan and Leisa Schaim.
You can calculate your zodiacal releasing periods
here: https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/zod...

Zodiacal Releasing: An Ancient Timing Technique :smile:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBSLHj8ddBc

SunConjunctUranus

Is Curtis Manwaring has sidereal option in his Delphic Oracle?

Kaktuzzz's software doesn't have the sidereal option, but it's good to see there is zodiacal releasing from daimon.

JUPITERASC

Is Curtis Manwaring has sidereal option in his Delphic Oracle?
Curtis Manwaring DELPHIC ORACLE software has sidereal option
including ALDEBARAN 15

Kaktuzzz's software doesn't have the sidereal option, but
it's good to see there is zodiacal releasing from daimon.
kaktuzz softward has sidereal option
also includes ALDEBARAN 15
and several additional traditional options as well

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111980
kaktuzz has just added a very useful feature - the rising times for both tropical and sidereal charts, which is required for a few Hellenistic techniques such as timing the changeover of triplicity rulers (usually the ascensional time of the ruler), or combinations of planetary years and ascensional times such as in Book VII of Vettius Valens.

Here is an example of the table for the tropical rising times -
https://i.imgur.com/gd2eRBU.jpg

You also have the conversion key on the right which can be used for primary directions of the ascendant, or other planets. Those were most often used for length of life procedures, but there are texts attributed to Hermes and by Valens himself that say you can use progress all stars for more general matters.

''or as I, Hermes, have prescribed. It is necessary to make the progression from all
the stars to all the other stars according to the rising times of the signs in each klima. For example: for a
wife, daughters, or female individuals, calculate from Venus; when forecasting concerning actions or related
matters, calculate from Mercury; when forecasting about dangers, death, sickness, or bleeding, calculate
from the malefics in aspect with the Ascendant, the sun, or the moon. Similarly for the other matters. It is
also necessary to note the terms in which the progressions are located, which stars are casting rays, and
which stars are transiting the sign of the progression. Likewise note how the transmitter and the receiver
relate to the nativity, how they rose, and how they were at the nativity.'' -
https://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/Vettius Valens entire.pdf

kaktuzz

Curtis Manwaring DELPHIC ORACLE software has sidereal option
including ALDEBARAN 15

kaktuzz softward has sidereal option
also includes ALDEBARAN 15
and several additional traditional options as well

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111980

Thank you for promotion!:innocent:

I recently had an email conversation with Chris Brennan about his new Dasha podcast:
http://theastrologypodcast.com/2019/02/18/the-vimshottari-dasha-system-in-vedic-astrology/

and the result is, that I added a new sidereal time-lord system/timing technique on Astro-Seek:
Vimshottari Dasha Periods calculator:
horoscopes.astro-seek.com/dasha-vedic-astrology-online-calculator

I struggled with the first period and it's sub-periods a little bit (there are not so many informations how to handle the "remaining length" across the entire 1st period) ... and I also found, that many Dasha's tables include some typo in their (years/months/days) length and it gave me wrong results, until I realised this typo fact => so beware of these tables.

I'm just going to post some more screenshots into my TA thread :)

Attachments

• seek_dasha_01.gif
    seek_dasha_01.gif
    16.4 KB · Views: 28

deloris

I'm confused as to which lot or sign energy I am supposed to be orienting this information around, and why. Best thank you!!

nprovazi

How do you work with this technique combined with other ones? Does ZR give a more general overview compared with profections and SR? Can we conjoin the three techniques for a better interpretation?

JUPITERASC

I'm confused as to which lot or sign energy
I am supposed to be orienting this information around, and why.

Best thank you!!
How do you work with this technique combined with other ones?
Does ZR give a more general overview compared with profections and SR?
Can we conjoin the three techniques for a better interpretation?
You can calculate your zodiacal releasing periods
here: https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/zod...

and video explains the Technique

Zodiacal Releasing: An Ancient Timing Technique :smile:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBSLHj8ddBc

Arena

Hello JupiterASC
It's an interesting ancient technique. However, those living in high latitudes can not rely on online calculators since we might want to use the EP instead of the ASC degree for calculations.
So for calculating manually;

The Part of Fortune is calculated as follows:​

For day charts, Ascendant + Moon – Sun

For night charts, Ascendant + Sun – Moon

Note that a chart is considered a day chart when the Sun is above the horizon (occupying any house from house 7 to 12). It’s a night chart when the Sun is below the horizon (occupying any of the first six houses). Generally, with modern astrology, the first formula applies to all charts (many astrologers don’t make the distinction between the day and night chart).

What the Part of Fortune Means​

The Part of Fortune represents worldly success and is associated with the physical body and health as well. It can be indicative of the career or vocation.

The condition and placement of the ruling planet of the Part of Fortune (that is, the natural ruler of the sign in which the Part of Fortune is placed) are important to factor into the interpretation of this Arabic part.

Worldly success and prosperity are associated with the Part of Fortune. Both its sign and house placement suggest innate abilities and talents–areas of life and qualities that are expressed naturally.

JUPITERASC

Arena said: "...Hello JupiterASC
It's an interesting ancient technique. However, those living in high latitudes can not rely on online calculators
since we might want to use the EP instead of the ASC degree for calculations.
So for calculating manually; The Part of Fortune is calculated as follows: For day charts, Ascendant + Moon – Sun
For night charts, Ascendant + Sun – Moon Note that a chart is considered a day chart when the Sun is above the horizon (occupying any house from house 7 to 12). It’s a night chart when the Sun is below the horizon (occupying any of the first six houses). Generally, with modern astrology, the first formula applies to all charts (many astrologers don’t make the distinction between the day and night chart).."

RESPONSE
for those living at ANY LATITUDE on earth
HERE'S A VIDEO ILLUSTRATING :)
HOW TO MANUALLY CALCULATE THE PART OF FORTUNE

.​

JUPITERASC

Arena said: "..What the Part of Fortune Means The Part of Fortune represents worldly success and is associated with the physical body and health as well. It can be indicative of the career or vocation. The condition and placement of the ruling planet of the Part of Fortune (that is, the natural ruler of the sign in which the Part of Fortune is placed) are important to factor into the interpretation of this Arabic part. Worldly success and prosperity are associated with the Part of Fortune. Both its sign and house placement suggest innate abilities and talents–areas of life and qualities that are expressed naturally.."

RESPONSE :)

Robert Zoller's book The Arabic Parts in Astrology: A Lost Key to Prediction (1980)

Arena

Since I find the topic quite interesting I will have a look for my own case. The usual programs and calculators will normally use a Cancer ASC to calculate my POF. However, I will use Aries EP point. So this changes the POF from late (tropical) Virgo and into early Cancer for a nocturnal chart. However, LOS would be in late Capricorn instead of mid Aries. So using the EP as 1st point is quite different for this life story.

So let's see. I'm 51 yrs old now.

For POF, starting the count from Cancer 25 yrs + LEO 19 yrs + Virgo 20 yrs. This means I should be somewhere in Virgo with my POF release, right? I'm not sure if I count the full 25 yrs for the first sign?

For POS it would be from Capricorn 27 yrs + Aquarius 30 yrs which means I stay in Aquarius until I'm 57 if I count Cap as the full 27 yrs, right?

So looking at this it means that POF releasing is in the 6th sign from Aries = health matters arise and dealt with? That's very true for me, and I'm successful in dealing with them as I'm getting all kinds of clues from helping energies (Jupiter in Sag is square to Virgo in my case). Virgo is ruled by Mer which is in 5th from Aries in my case (and yes, I also have had to deal with one of my children's serious health issue, successfully).
POS releasing would be in 11th house from Aries which is opposite Sun, Mer, Mars in Leo and squared by the Moon in Taurus. Aquarius, ruled by Saturn placed with Venus in 3rd from Aries, opposite Jup & Nep in Sag in 9th and coruler Uranus is placed in Libra in 7th. Something very interesting happened as a result of serendipity - I divorced, moved and started a new relationship around 47 and became a full time artist at the age of 48-49. I had never been an artist before.

JUPITERASC

I simply used this calculator with manual input.

FREE ONLINE
Customize your Lot formula with:
  • ASC, DSC, MC, IC
  • Any Planet
  • Any House Cusp
  • Any House Cusp Ruler
  • Lot of Fortune, Spirit, Eros
  • Syzygy (Full or New Moon prior to birth)
  • Some particular °Degrees

JUPITERASC

A detailed introduction to an ancient timing technique called zodiacal releasing which divides a person's life into chapters
and helps to establish your overall life story.
Zodiacal releasing is aN HELLENISTIC TIME-LORD TECHNIQUE
that was recently recovered from the work of the 2nd century astrologer VETTIUS VALENS

Zodiacal Releasing with Leisa Schaim and Patrick Watson :)

JUPITERASC

Since I find the topic quite interesting
the topic is ZODIACAL RELEASING :)

I will have a look for my own case. The usual programs and calculators will normally use a Cancer ASC to calculate my POF. However, I will use Aries EP point.
This thread is on our Traditional board
but

you've mentioned a modernistic astrology method :)

Members who wish to explore a combination of traditional & modern ideas :)
should feel free to start a new thread
in an appropriate forum for further discussion.

QUOTING TRADITIONAL BOARD RULES

"..This is the Traditional Astrology forum. Out of all the different boards in this forum

this one is the home for traditional astrologers.
It was created so that traditional astrologers can discuss traditional astrology with each other
without having to justify it to non-traditionalists
or be interrupted by people disagreeing with traditional perspectives

If you are not a traditional astrologer, you are welcome as a guest :)

Good guests respect the rules of the house :)
In this house, the main rule is that all posts must stick to traditional astrology only.
- make sure that everything you post here is strictly traditional.

If your post is not traditional, it belongs on one of our other boards, not here..
take it to another part of the forum.."

So this changes the POF from late (tropical) Virgo and into early Cancer for a nocturnal chart. However, LOS would be in late Capricorn instead of mid Aries. So using the EP as 1st point is quite different for this life story.

So let's see. I'm 51 yrs old now.

For POF, starting the count from Cancer 25 yrs + LEO 19 yrs + Virgo 20 yrs. This means I should be somewhere in Virgo with my POF release, right? I'm not sure if I count the full 25 yrs for the first sign?

For POS it would be from Capricorn 27 yrs + Aquarius 30 yrs which means I stay in Aquarius until I'm 57 if I count Cap as the full 27 yrs, right?

So looking at this it means that POF releasing is in the 6th sign from Aries = health matters arise and dealt with? That's very true for me, and I'm successful in dealing with them as I'm getting all kinds of clues from helping energies (Jupiter in Sag is square to Virgo in my case). Virgo is ruled by Mer which is in 5th from Aries in my case (and yes, I also have had to deal with one of my children's serious health issue, successfully).
POS releasing would be in 11th house from Aries which is opposite Sun, Mer, Mars in Leo and squared by the Moon in Taurus. Aquarius, ruled by Saturn placed with Venus in 3rd from Aries, opposite Jup & Nep in Sag in 9th and coruler Uranus is placed in Libra in 7th. Something very interesting happened as a result of serendipity - I divorced, moved and started a new relationship around 47 and became a full time artist at the age of 48-49. I had never been an artist before.
Have you tried comparing different methods? Using diurnal or noctural formulas?

ZODIACAL RELEASING :)

sect.png

Last edited: