Feeling so desperate, no money, when will I find a job in Nursing?? Pls help!

Marasca_Cherry

Hi I finished Nursing school, I've been registered as a nurse for months now and I cannot find a job to save my life, I've sent 100s of resumes and haven't heard from anyone. It a tough market where I am.

I've applied to hospitals, long term care, various types of clinics (Fertility clinics are my preference). I'm just not having any luck and I so feel useless right now, I've been so productive the past couple of years and now that things have slowed down I'm getting a bit depressed over it, with nothing to do... (I've had some issues in the past)

Is there some aspects that are influencing this and will there be some positive aspects coming for me soon. Attached is my natal with transits.

Attachments

• astro_24gw_01_anonymous_2016928.31702.19574.jpg
    astro_24gw_01_anonymous_2016928.31702.19574.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

sibylline

Is it possible for you to move? Nursing jobs are practically up for grabs in my area, and it is the same way in my hometown and has been for a very long time.

Anyway, Saturn transits through the 6th tend to be bad for work, as well as Saturn here natally. Finding a job can be pretty difficult. I would keep working on it because you do have some Jupiter transits coming up later this year and early next year that could give some opportunities.

Petinhse

Have considered maybe home health nursing as a profession? Going to people's homes to care for them or maybe working at a hospice or residential nursing home. I also see that you can study more and become a surgeon.

Marasca_Cherry

sibylline - I don't know where your from, it'd be hard for me to move because I'm locked into a 1 yr lease and I like the city. Where is Jupiter going? Libra? my 5th house?

Saturn in 6th I feel I'm always searching for employment. Before I went back to school I couldn't hold down a job, not cause I was bad at it I just got bored of them... but that was customer service not very challenging for me personally and it's draining being fake nice over things that don't matter. I was always looking for something else once in a routine. I find employers or people in authority either like me in the beginning and stop once I get tired of being fake nice or "perky" or they don't like me at all (I hate brown nosing, and feel my work should speak for itself).

Last edited:

Marasca_Cherry

Petinhse - I don't have my driver's license which is must for home health, (I'm in my late 20s, lived in the city and never felt it was necessary, also had a weird fear about driving that I cannot explain that I'm mostly over but I still have to actually go get my license) I'm working on it and am applying to those positions anyway.

Really? A surgeon? Why do you say that? I was thinking of going into OR nursing but the courses to get certified are full.

katydid

Because of that triple conjunction in the 6th, and the t-square to Mercury, I am thinking it might be about details and small things.

For example, if you sent out hundreds of resumes, and have received ZERO replies---are you certain that your resumes are up to snuff?

Could there be something that is knocking you out of the running from jump ?

I always thought nurses were pretty much in demand almost everywhere. Odd that you have never even had a reply so far.

Is there anyone that you know in the business that could look at your resume to see if it is up to par?

sibylline

sibylline - I don't know where your from, it'd be hard for me to move because I'm locked into a 1 yr lease and I like the city. Where is Jupiter going? Libra? my 5th house?

Ah, okay. tJupiter will come to square your natal Jupiter which rules the MC and 6th house, so will likely bring some opportunities in the form of employment.

I find employers or people in authority either like me in the beginning and stop once I get tired of being fake nice or "perky" or they don't like me at all (I hate brown nosing, and feel my work should speak for itself).

Well, when you're a nurse, being kind will be a part of your job. :innocent:

katem

Banned
Just glanced at this, but I trust my instinct and I will say that the feeling I got just now is that there is something wrong with your cv, you are saying something which could be taken the wrong way.

Go and have someone go over it with you...as someone said, they are always crying out for nurses, you really should, unless someone is giving you bad references, be able to get something..

Check out the people who have interviewed and turned you down, explain your fears and they will help you, maybe not say word for word, but they will tell you if your fears are real.

I wish you all the luck in the world...xxxxx

katydid

Also, with that t-square to Mercury, which rules the 12th and 4th---do you have anything on social media that might be knocking you out of the running. I know thaT prospective employers check FB and instagram first thing. :sideways:

katydid

Hi I finished Nursing school, I've been registered as a nurse for months now and I cannot find a job to save my life, I've sent 100s of resumes and haven't heard from anyone. It a tough market where I am.

I've applied to hospitals, long term care, various types of clinics (Fertility clinics are my preference). I'm just not having any luck and I so feel useless right now, I've been so productive the past couple of years and now that things have slowed down I'm getting a bit depressed over it, with nothing to do... (I've had some issues in the past)

Is there some aspects that are influencing this and will there be some positive aspects coming for me soon. Attached is my natal with transits.

Maybe the bolded portion above holds the key. Could some of your past issues be blocking your employment possibilities?

Marasca_Cherry

Because of that triple conjunction in the 6th, and the t-square to Mercury, I am thinking it might be about details and small things.

For example, if you sent out hundreds of resumes, and have received ZERO replies---are you certain that your resumes are up to snuff?

Could there be something that is knocking you out of the running from jump ?

I always thought nurses were pretty much in demand almost everywhere. Odd that you have never even had a reply so far.

Is there anyone that you know in the business that could look at your resume to see if it is up to par?

Hi, my resume has been looked at by an employment agency and approved, I can still get other opinions thanks for the advice, I feel my resume may to be wordy but no one has said so, so I'm not sure.

People have this idea nurses are in demand and they are but when they have 2-5 years of experience! haha It's hard to get your foot in with no connections, and employers who can afford to be picky. I'm a new graduate nurse with no experience outside of clinicals at school. Where I am lpns are over saturated, so it's not fair to say I shouldn't have any trouble, it actually kind of makes me feel like a failure but so many people not just you, think it should be easy for me. But it is what is, I can get my resume looked at again.

Marasca_Cherry

Ah, okay. tJupiter will come to square your natal Jupiter which rules the MC and 6th house, so will likely bring some opportunities in the form of employment.

Well, when you're a nurse, being kind will be a part of your job. :innocent:

Hey! Thank you for the information! I'll look into that square. Yes, I'm kind and respectful to patients even when I'm not overly saccharine. I'm more into genuine kindness than anything contrived.

sibylline

People have this idea nurses are in demand and they are but when they have 2-5 years of experience! haha It's hard to get your foot in with no connections, and employers who can afford to be picky. I'm a new graduate nurse with no experience outside of clinicals at school. Where I am lpns are over saturated, so it's not fair to say I shouldn't have any trouble, it actually kind of makes me feel like a failure but so many people not just you, think it should be easy for me. But it is what is, I can get my resume looked at again.

Are you an LPN? I thought you were RN or BSN. I agree that LPN is more difficult.

Marasca_Cherry

Maybe the bolded portion above holds the key. Could some of your past issues be blocking your employment possibilities?

Hey I deactivated my FB, My Instagram is public but not under my real name (Scorpio moon) but I can still make it private just in case.

Maybe something in the past is blocking me? I'm not sure but I can't stand being idle right now. I feel like I don't want to go back to my old self. I was so good finished school, passed my licensing, was learning everyday, but it's like that high speed train has come to an abrupt stop and I have no Idea what to do with myself.

Marasca_Cherry

Are you an LPN? I thought you were RN or BSN. I agree that LPN is more difficult.

It is! No one told me this! Had I known I would have done the bridging to RN right after I was done. But I wanted to work for a while and then go back. Now I have to what for the next Sept. start dates.

sibylline

It is! No one told me this! Had I known I would have done the bridging to RN right after I was done. But I wanted to work for a while and then go back. Now I have to what for the next Sept. start dates.

It is definitely more difficult but any nursing degree is unlikely to leave you unemployed for very long. My only other suggestion would be, if you can find one, to do an internship while you're applying for jobs. Even an unpaid one. I know several people who did this (though they are RN and BSN) and they were hired as soon as they applied at the places they interned.

Marasca_Cherry

It is definitely more difficult but any nursing degree is unlikely to leave you unemployed for very long. My only other suggestion would be, if you can find one, to do an internship while you're applying for jobs. Even an unpaid one. I know several people who did this (though they are RN and BSN) and they were hired as soon as they applied at the places they interned.

I applied to a new grad program, waiting to here back. Maybe its just something about me..& Also north node is 12 degrees virgo right now my sun is 13 degrees virgo, what do you think that means?

sibylline

I applied to a new grad program, waiting to here back. Maybe its just something about me..& Also north node is 12 degrees virgo right now my sun is 13 degrees virgo, what do you think that means?

That I could not tell you, since I haven't studied nodal transits. Maybe someone else can help there. What is this grad school program geared toward?

Marasca_Cherry

Hi Samantha Bean, A big part of me wants to go back but I had to take the RPN route for financial reasons at the time and being out of school for so long I thought it'd be the smart thing to do. Thanks you for your advice.

So something happened yesterday... over the wknd I signed up and interviewed with this nursing employment agency and they want me to start immediately with this 3 day client assignment at a hospital, she needs private psw 24/7 care on top of her hospital care. PSW is not my designation but I can work as one and I was told once I work as a PSW for a while I can be trained and upgraded to RPN, once they found someone willing to train...

Anyhow this patient was a emotional nightmare. For twelve straight hours she yelled orders at me every minute like I'm a dog, she's paying out of pocket so I think she felt entitled to treat me as a slave. I tried to have sympathy for her and have dealt with angry, anxious, confused patients before but she had no redeeming quality. I provided my care and was professional but I cried 3 times during my shift in the bathroom. When I was was a student nurse I did not cry once and had thicker skin however there was more to the job, there was a variety, different patients, tasks, always something to do and learn.

In this scenario, I was with this one patient one on one for 12 hours straight, I took 1 half an hr break and she cried the entire time I was gone. I couldn't understand why I was getting so emotional and why I couldn't suck it up and see it in a different perceptive relating to her condition like I have before with other patients (she did not have dementia, I wouldnt be so bothered if she did). By the end of the shift I felt so worn down by her.

Some of you might instinctively attack me, because nurse wages are paid by tax dollars, and I'm expected to be the epitome of self sacrifice but I'm human and my back hurts from this patient because she would not listen to my instruction while transferring her continuously from bed the bathroom. Everything had to be her way and I had to work in the speed of light. It reminded me of the scenario of a husband asking his wife for a beer and her jumping and grabbing it and him still hitting her for being slow. I had to sacrifice my body mechanics to keep her happy, not yelling, and make sure she did not fall.

I've been so disrespected my whole life because people see a baby face and like to provoke and break me down. I'm just fed up. I'm very emotional these days. I finished my care professionally and safely but I told my agency I'm not coming back to this patient. I think I ruined my opportunity on the first day but I'm just tired and feel I deserve more.

Although I wanted to go back and do RN today I'm questioning everything.

Last edited: