Midpoints on nodes in synastry?

astroamatuer

Hey :)

What's the go with midpoints on the nn/sn or the vertex/anti vertex? And even asc/dsc & ic/mc?

If they're all just points and that there's no actual planet giving energy to activate it then would these only be felt when transiting planets hit them?
And what about progressed and solar return planets hitting the midpoints? Would this just be sort of the same as transit?

If anyone has experience with midpoints hitting other points with no planet I would love to hear :)

melisa

The energy of the person's 2 planets connecting point (the midpoint) would connect and have a strong influence on the node, vertex, etc. of the other person. The sun-moon midpoint is a very strong one to have a connection to the other person's planet or ascendant. The orb needs to be small
Melisa

Zarathu

Account Closed
IMO, midpoint can only be used the planetary bodies. They don't mean cr@p in anything else. Only planetary bodies and the Sun produce energy signatures that would allow a midpoint analysis.

melisa

Zarathu, do u mean that only 2 planets' midpoints ought to be looked at (and not the midpoints of the vertex of person A and person B)? That makes sense.
I would have thought that looking at person A's Sun-Venus planetary midpoint conjunct Person B's vertex might be significant?
What is your opinion of midpoints within a composite? For example, looking at the composite, if the midpoint of the composite Sun and Venus is conjunct the composite Saturn, would that make it a more serious and stable romance? Or would looking at the midpoints of a composite (which is a set of midpoints already) be getting too carried away?

Melisa

Zarathu

Account Closed
Zarathu, do u mean that only 2 planets' midpoints ought to be looked at (and not the midpoints of the vertex of person A and person B)? That makes sense.
I would have thought that looking at person A's Sun-Venus planetary midpoint conjunct Person B's vertex might be significant?
What is your opinion of midpoints within a composite? For example, looking at the composite, if the midpoint of the composite Sun and Venus is conjunct the composite Saturn, would that make it a more serious and stable romance? Or would looking at the midpoints of a composite (which is a set of midpoints already) be getting too carried away?

Melisa

Points can't aspect other points. The vertex is a point. If the vertex happens to fall in a conjucntion with another midpoint, I can accept that---but ony that.

I don't use composites until a full synastry has been developed. But..... a composite is a contrived chart made up of midpoints between two charts. Doing midpoints in a chart already made by spacial or time midpoints is crazy, IMO.

melisa

THat makes sense. I use the synastry as the connection and interaction between the 2 people, and the composite as the relationship itself. I would agree that looking at midpoints of composites (which are midpoints) is a bit much.

Melisa