Chiron and the so-called "Magi Astrology"

pwadm

Staff member
Hello

I've just read the lessons of Magi Society ( http://www.magicalmarriage.com/lessons/index.html ) and impressed by the extraordinary emphasis they place on Chiron aspects (both transits to natal Chiron and natal to transiting Chiron), I looked for it in many charts for the events of my life and the other persons of my family.
It seems to be exceedingly involved in all major events... I didn't know that.

Anyone would like to look into it or share from experience?

Amazon1963

Thank you for sharing the site, Radu. I am still figuring out the wheel and its meanings. Reviewed the Magi site and lessons. I dont know enough to have an opinion one way or the other. However, for anyone who is interested to use this following synastry and figure it out. Welcome to it. I can attest to the beginning and the ending of the relationship.

http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?...d=or1filewvmrJb-u1079284496&lang=e&gm=a1&ast=

I hope I chose the right chart to use for this purpose. Tried to make sure Chiron was there.

An astrology work in progress,

Amazon1963

K

kunga

Radu, Hi, How are things in Romania?
I am curious how you would approach interpreting chiron ,you explained natal and transit to natal, but what is the nature of chiron itself and its effects?
I honestly have not paid much attention to it because of ignorance of its nature , I wasnt aware of much trustworthy info out there on it. I guess you could say im more attracted to old school. It seems to me you keep up with all latest developments. Thats good.
I remember hearing that it was thought chiron had something to do with healing or being an energy planet and remember wondering what it could mean when in direct opposition to uranus in the natal because I have seen that placement a number of times. Take care & thanks for so much help!

baker

You guys know I am like a Chiron freak, I have always put a tremendous amount of weight into that planetoid and it's influence is huge, especially when you consider it is the BRIDGE between Saturn and Uranus, that is where the orbit lies, but it's strange becaue it actually crosses over the orbits of those planets. Chiron returns are highly significant, as a Saturn return usually follows and when we start interpreting Saturn returns in conjunction with an already happening or upcoming Chiron return, then the Chiron return COMPLETELY affects the next Saturn return, you will see. I could go on and on and on about this centuar, in the sky, the Wounded Healer, if background needed, I will post. It's about your deepest wounds and healing them. I cannot stress enough how important this is, it's an indicator of problems that have a tendency to keep recurring in one form or another throughout out lives unless we do something about it.

K

kunga

Thank you Baker you articulated the nature of Chiron well. Saturn and uranus,- I think I get it but will have to do some research of my own to intuit something from prior contacts and influences. Thank you :D

baker

Hi kunga, yeah, thanks, but ya know we all got input, questions, inquiries, things we need to know, and when it's our own charts, well, that's where most of us go awry. For example, I see my son is about to have a north node return (really, he is), I'm all freaked, but it's not such a bad thing. Mom here overreacts cause he has congenital heart defects (Uranus/Sun stuff) and I'm ready to put the kid in cardiac intensive care. Oh please. So, I've calmed down. But if we communicate, if we talk, if we are willing to look at the hurt (and what a great place to do it, nobody can see you sobbing here), you can fix it, really.

So, have a wonderful day! and make them all that way.
(I know, it's getting a little sappy, but what can I say, sun/moon conjunct in Libra with two other planets there, I have the other type days too ...)

AquariusMoon

Radu said:
Hello

I've just read the lessons of Magi Society ( http://www.magicalmarriage.com/lessons/index.html ) and impressed by the extraordinary emphasis they place on Chiron aspects (both transits to natal Chiron and natal to transiting Chiron), I looked for it in many charts for the events of my life and the other persons of my family.
It seems to be exceedingly involved in all major events... I didn't know that.

Anyone would like to look into it or share from experience?

Hello!

(I'm new here).

I am familiar with the Magi and I have their books. I think their synastry certainly has something to offer. Neptune was conjunct my n. Chiron for quite a while recently, and I do believe there is something to the Cinderella Time they mention. I know of a site where a Magi astrologer has posted the notes she kept in preparation for passing their test to become certified. Still, I find the books to be lacking in giving a complete understanding of Magi astrology. The next step would be to join up and buy the software.

~ AquariusMoon

C

chironcinderella

Hello,

I read your post about Chiron and Magi Astrology~I have been studying astrology for 26 years, and Magi Astology for the past 4 years.

Chiron is a VERY important it rules marriage, career, charisma, the soulmate!

The Magi studied over 55,000 charts of famous married couples, to determine the affects of Chiron.

The important thing about Magi Astrology is it is simple and it works, really works!!

The website has a wealth of information~

http://www.magisociety.com/

and those of us who are studying Magi Astrology have started a study group~

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Magi-UN-/

We welcome anyone who would like to join us~we have posts like this site, and files of the Magi Interpretation of the Planets and the Magi Glossary.

AquariusMoon

chironcinderella said:
Hello,

I read your post about Chiron and Magi Astrology~I have been studying astrology for 26 years, and Magi Astology for the past 4 years. Those of us who are studying Magi Astrology have started a study group~

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Magi-UN-/

We welcome anyone who would like to join us~we have posts like this site, and files of the Magi Interpretation of the Planets and the Magi Glossary.

CC ~

Thanks. See you there.

~ AM

Chiron is underemphasized in western astrology...

I natally have a moon/chiron conjunction (taurus/gemini 11H/12H)

I dont understand chiron's effect on me from a natal standpoint but I'm sure if someone were to put it into words I would get it...

Also, when it concerns significant events in my life, Chiron has always been the most obvious of placements... I havent really made any correlations between "good" events and chiron, but then again I havent studied that in my chart...

I have figured out however, that t. chiron conjunct n. pluto usually beings forth a very tragic end to someone's life (ie: break up, death)

Magi astrology really interests me...I have spent many hours on their site...

Draco

What Does Chiron Mean In My Chart?

Hi all,

Could anyone help me come to an understanding of Chirons placement in the chart. He is almost always refered to as the 'wounded healer', but surely, just as any other body in the chart, it would have a much deeper significance than can be simply rounded off into a two word phrase.

What does Chiron mean to you?

I have Chiron R, in Taurus in the 2nd (placidus). It is in exact opposition to Mars, Scorpio, 8th (!). Mars is conjunct Uranus which is on the first degree of Sagittarius. This Mars/Uranus opposed Chiron is square my Moon and trine my Sun. What might this mean?

15th September, 1982, Blackpool, 53n45/03w3, England, 7:05pm.

What is Chirons situation in your chart, and how do you feel this impacts your life?

Thankyou for helping me to learn.
Regards,
Draco

Lapis

CHIRON

The other day I was at the 'Magi Astrology' site and read through some (not all) of their 'lessons'. I was stunned and not in a good way. Then I read their take on Chiron and I really couldn't believe what I was reading! I'm sorry but .......Chiron ruling marriage, career, charism??? To me this is a huge, HUGE insult not to mention all the higher Chirotic issues that aren't even mentioned, at least not in what little I read there. Now that I've probably completely alienated myself lets think about this Chiron thing a bit.

Like I've said elsewhere I have Chiron conjunct my Capricorn Sun so Chiron is important to me personally. I want to understand this Guy in a big way. When I read the ancient myths about Chiron, his conception, his life, his being a teacher to the 'gods' offspring, his NOT 'partying' with the other Centars, his mortal physical wounding while being an Immortal (this alone tells so much about His archetypal energies), his finally resolving this painful situation and dealing with Pluto directly etc. etc..........does any of this sound like he deals with marriage, career, soul mates?

Chiron is the 'Bridge' between Saturn and Uranus.....so what does this mean? To answer that question we've got to understand both Saturn and Uranus at deeper more spiritual levels I feel. Saturn deals with physicality. 3D reality. It deals with how well we deal or don't deal with taking responsibility for everything we create while incarnate in this physical reality. When we (emotionally, mentally, psychically, physically) finally reach that point where we're no longer projecting/blaming anything out onto anyone else, we have taken full Saturnian responsibility for ourselves, our lives and all our physical creations..........then we magically step beyond Saturn's symbolic boundary Rings.

And there is Chrion, ready and waiting to take you in a nanosecond to higher levels of awareness and learning. Both through Himself but also with Uranus. So what does this mean? From what little I've become conscious of in regards to Chiron, I've learned that He is that energy that quickly transports your awareness to a new-to-you place outside of linear time (Saturn). And while in this slightly expanded level of awareness you'll experience different things that are important for you at that moment. This could manifest as a sort of conscious dream, or a clear understanding/profound insight of something but from this slightly higher perspective, or communications with nonphysical beings. Sounds like higher Uranus doesn't it? I've 'channeled' bits of my Higher Self while in this Chirotic state. I've since read that Chiron MAY be the ruler of our Higher Selves........?

But with Chiron He'll return you back to reality inside Saturns Rings (3D physical reality) with all of your new found higher, faster vibratory level Uranian awareness where you run the great risk of promptly forgetting everything you just experienced and understood! This is a big part of Chiron. Its hard to sink your teeth into and hold on to (Saturn) this type of higher, faster, finer level of awareness and reality (Uranus) while awake or fully conscious in 3D! With practice and paying a lot of attention to this PROCESS (Chiron) you'll become more and more familiar with how this transition, how crossing this 'Bridge' works and feels, in both directions!

Of course there's all the other more physical attributes of Chiron in ourselves and lives, like all the ways in which we become wounded by others, and also how WE wound others, and hopefully how we eventually learn that the whole ugly mess must be 'healed' to once again get beyond Saturn to Uranus. There's much more about Chiron as is always the case with all the planets, but this is one of the many ways He functions through us.

Waterbearer50

Lapis ,

You really can put it out there! Excellent teaching. Well you did'nt alienate me ,I went to the magi site from a link in a post and immediately recognized it as a site I visited once before and was not impressed. A little reading confirmed this. Each to their own, but there's something about that site that does'nt feel right to me.

Everyone-there are many excellent sites where one can learn about Chiron. Here is a great one with many articles.
aplaceinspace.net

Enjoy,

WB50

A

Anonymous

Chiron

Hello all. This is my first post here. I like your forum, it's nice to read about all you have to say and share.
I look forward to learning and contributing...
:)
I would've waited a little longer before I posted but I have a strong "thing" with Chiron, and I would like to share a couple of ideas, and an experience I had when Chiron was discovered.
I hope I'm not diving in too deeply here, but here goes.

I have a 10th house Chiron in Pisces at 5 degrees, conjunct my Sth Node at 4 degrees, exactly opposite a 4th house Pluto (Virgo 5 degrees also) Nth Node conjunction. Neptune is setting at 10 degrees Scorpio, my Descendant is 8 degrees Scorpio. Taurus rising.

Lapis, I hear you loud and clear!

Firstly, Lapis you're the first person I have ever heard say that Chiron maybe related to our "Higher Selves".

When Chiron was discovered at about 5 degrees Taurus, (sextile my Chiron, and opposing my setting Neptune from my Ascendant) I had just arrived back in Oz after leaving school in Papua New Guinea. I wasn't all that happy about it, I missed my friends and life up there. I was 16/17 years old.

One night soon after I arrived in Melbourne, I was laying in bed, not awake, not asleep yet. A VERY intense energy/power began to slowly creep down my body from the top of my head.
Once it got to my tummy, I couldn't move, I was paralized. (it's called sleep paralasis, apparently)
I was absolutely terrified, I screamed for what seemed an eternity, then I had a thought, "maybe I died?" In a split second I was sitting up, out of my body from the waist up, I literally looked back at my face lying on the pillow with the eyes closed. (it was the first time this had happened since I was about 7 years old) I was pretty shocked.
Shortly thereafter, I saw a Priest (in purple robes, and gold collar) standing in the doorway.
He came over to my bedside, and said, through his heart, "Sean, we have worked a great deal in the higher planes, in this life we have a purpose, and alot of work to do. We WILL 'join'...do you want that to happen now, or later?"
I froze and said nothing, he went back out the door, and that was that.
But he came back for the next five nights, and the same thing happened. I froze every time.
Life went on...and he has been with me ever since.
On my Saturn return, and for 3 years, he taught me Astrology through dreams. (He being me)

The story continues. But as for Chiron being a reflection of our "Higher Selves", I couldn't agree more.

I read the Magi information, I like the multi dimensional chart alot, I'm sure it works well.
But with respect, and this is just my opinion, I seriously fail to see the connection between what "Magi Astrology" says about Chiron, and what I know to be true.
Perhaps the reference could be applied to the "journeying" side of what occurs when a relationship truely flys' as one, through the divine worlds of the Gods, and the healing that can take place as a consequence.
But I can't put Chiron at the point of being a direct "cause" of a relationship occuring, nor a reflection of a career or soulmate directly.
Also, how the planets etc function in relation to us (humanity) as an evolving entity, will evolve, as we do, we are one.
So how Chiron was manifest in the 20th century may not be how Chiron is destined to manifest by 2012.
(I believe we are all "soulmates", we are one. It's the concept of duality that keeps us from realising that most important fact.)

Chirons' ultimate function is among the higher frequencies of creation, it has the purpose of showing us "the way" out of the "bounds" of the material world (Saturn) and towards the realm of light, illumination and freedom, (Uranus) only to come back across the bridge to Saturn, (material plane) and share what was gleaned on the journey.

A Shaman, a Priest, a Healer.
Divinely mortal.

I truely feel that Chiron is the part of us that traverses the inner planes.
It seems that usually occurs through the dynamic of an "injury" or a "weakness" of some description. (archillies heal...)
My reference to being out of my body at age 7 was in fact an "injury" of sorts, (I experienced Vietnam first hand from age 5, in my bedroom, many times) that paved the way for the experience at 16/17.

I hope that story sheds some light on Chirons' ways.

Buai

AquariusMoon

Re: What Does Chiron Mean In My Chart?

Draco said:
Could anyone help me come to an understanding of Chirons placement in the chart.

What does Chiron mean to you?

I have Chiron R, in Taurus in the 2nd.

What is Chirons situation in your chart, and how do you feel this impacts your life?

Chiron Retrograde:

BHC says this:

"Rx planets are best understood from a magnetic perspective, from an energy point of view, and their activity is best understood conceptually as a time dynamic. Direct planets are electrical, and they cause energy to charge and move; rx planets are magnetic and draw energy into the chart. Therefore, when Chiron is rx it draws in healing, initiatory and alchemical powers. Going thru my files I noticed that the clients with Chiron rx are more fascinated by magic and the occult themselves, and they draw this energy to themselves. The time dynamic refers to the fact that rx planets tend to funtion in the past, present and future simultaneously...this time dynamic lends great subtlety to the psyche. The time dynamic goes to an extremely subtle level with Chiron...That is, they are worried about the future and meaning of the destructive forces; they feel the essence of the present...they search for the esoteric meaning of the past or creation. That is the tune they dance to, and the sooner they can identify the effect it is having on their consciousness, the sooner they can put it into perspective. This is a deep and intense response to the universe which offers great wisdom and creativity as soon as it is integrated into the psyche. The house position of Chiron rx will describe the avenue of perception of this powerful vortex of perceptual sensitivity."

My Chiron is retrograde in Aquarius in H2. It trines my MC and my Sun/SN/DC. My Chiron return is coming up in the near distant future, so I am gathering information in preparation for this important cycle. Something very sad happened to me in the same week as IceMaiden, when Chiron cj'd t Pluto and my NN/Ascendant...and I've noticed t Chiron aspecting a planet when big events happen, it's around.

Interestingly enough, I was on another forum recently of traditional astrologers, and I learned they don't believe in using the outer planets at all. They completely dismiss Uranus, Neptune and Pluto. There are modern astrologers who don't believe in using Chiron at all. There are others who don't believe in using the TransNeptunians...the fixed stars...any asteroids. There is one forum I am aware of, and imo many of the astrologers on that forum are world-class astrologers, authors and intuitives as well, and they use everything, including a dash of Magi astrology. Personally, I think harmonious Chiron aspects in synastry would be a definite plus. Looking back, my happiest relationships included harmonious Chiron synastry, especially the Chiron/Chiron conjunction.

Chiron is fascinating on many levels. I'm glad to know there's so much more to Chiron. Please keep the intuitive insights coming.

Lapis

'Guest',

Welcome and thanks for being brave and sharing your great experience. Its a fast way all of us can get to new levels of understanding - if we bravely and honestly share our weird otherworldly/other dimensional type experiences without fear of ridicule. The more we all do this the sooner we'll realize how similiar they actually are!

You mentioned about this 'very intense energy' coming down into your head to your 'tummy'. Then you mentioned about sitting up in bed at the waist (tummy) in your astral body. This is why it felt this way, it sounds like it was only necessary for you to get out of your physical body to your waist. Just enough to communicate with this other Being and really know that you were out of body. My entire childhood was filled with almost nightly visitations by a male teacher/guide who also helped teach me how to get out of my physical body and then how to function on the astral.

Back to Chiron......Your story reminded me of some things Barbara Hand Clow talks about in her book Chiron - Rainbow Bridge Between the Inner and Outer Planets. She talks about how intense the first transiting Chiron square Chiron can be. Were you 16/17 when you had your upper Chiron square? I wouldn't be surprised...... your experience sounds very typical of a Chiron sort of life/death/transmute experience. B.H. Clow says that due to Chiron's weird elliptical orbit, some people can have their first/upper Chiron square Chiron as early as 5 or as late as 23! She also mentions that she had her first Chiron square at age 5 and experienced a "transfiguration" where she ascended to the higher planes and fused with her higher self. Oh let me add here that I read in her book about Chiron being the possible ruler of our Higher Selves. I didn't personally come up with that insight!

"Uranus rules the right brain, Saturn the left, and we could not bridge both sides of the brain until now. Thus in the ancient days, people were too right brain oriented, believeing blindly in magic and divination; since 1600 AD, we have been too left brain oriented. Now with Chrion's sighting, we can fuse." Barbara Hand Clow

So much more to talk about but I've had a horrible day health wise and I need to rest. Glad you found this place too and hope you'll share more experiences with us.
yinyanghappyface9vg.gif

Buai

Chiron

Lapis, Thanks for your wisdom.

I've never spoken about those experiences online before, it's not what I ever thought I would let me do. But for some reason unbeknown to me, there I go, raving!
I agree, life is for sharing, and we are a product of our life experiences, if we share them, hopefully we can eventually dissolve our apparent seperative differences and merge as one.
After all, this is what Chiron is all about, is it not?
It's wonderfull that our experiences are so similar, because it does bring us all closer in the end.
Theory leads to knowledge, and thats fine. But experience leads to wisdom, so I believe if we share experiences, we propagate wisdom.

I have BHCs' book, but I havn't read it for about 10 years, I guess her comments re "Higher Self", went right on by... got to read it again.

Chiron was sextile my Chiron at discovery (16/17years). I had my first square at 24!
At which time I went through a very unpleasant phase.
But I learnt meditation as a consequence, and that was seriously one of THE highlights of my life... :D I crossed the bridge, totally, for 3 months!
Jupiter return added to that of course.
It set me on the next part of my journey like I can't express to you.

Chiron was squaring my Moon when I was 5, that was in the 60`s when Vietnam was raging.
I was "seeing" it (Vietnam) vividly from my bedroom for 2 years.
Doctors fed me drugs to try and stop it, but it has a life of it's own, as you know, and it's better not to mess with these experiences, certainly not to try and stop them.

In tribal cultures, children who are seen to be experiencing life like that are taken aside and instructed on the ways of it's intent.
(Most become Shamans in some way.Chiron)

In our Western culture, they are considered a little crazy, fed drugs perhaps, and in some cases locked up in "homes", some do go totally nuts.
It's a sad situation. The ultimate Chiron nightmare. Crossing the rainbow bridge, to the worlds of Uranus, never able to return with stories to share of the journey, which is part of it's intent.
If they are spoken of, there is even more ridicule, and an impending 'extra dose' of happy pills to quell the radical mind, and hush the crazy speak...

I guess the unknown is mans greatest adversary and fear, (crossing the rainbow bridge, or those who have) yet is his truest purpose for being.
Denial is the result, and madness his reward. :wink:

Excuse me for being so cryptic and philosophical.
Just going with the flow.

Lapis

AquariusMoon,

Thanks so much. I posted about this most recent adventure on the Karmic Astro forum under Cosmic/Consciousness Expansions. I was impulsed to be brave and come out of the spiritual closet so to speak. Radu had a massive answer for me, and no doubt others too. I think many of us need to be braver and do this sort of sharing. We're all in this together and no one's safe from healings and sudden consciousness expansions. Some are just more painful than others, and this one was a doozy for me. Throat Chakra healings evidently. Aaaah, females and their clogged up throat chakra's!

Yes I'm feeling better and actually slept for 4 hours last night :shock:

Humanitarian

Chiron

Lapis, Thanks for your wisdom.

I've never spoken about those experiences online before, it's not what I ever thought I would let me do. But for some reason unbeknown to me, there I go, raving!
I agree, life is for sharing, and we are a product of our life experiences, if we share them, hopefully we can eventually dissolve our apparent seperative differences and merge as one.
After all, this is what Chiron is all about, is it not?
It's wonderfull that our experiences are so similar, because it does bring us all closer in the end.
Theory leads to knowledge, and thats fine. But experience leads to wisdom, so I believe if we share experiences, we propagate wisdom.

I have BHCs' book, but I havn't read it for about 10 years, I guess her comments re "Higher Self", went right on by... got to read it again.

Chiron was sextile my Chiron at discovery (16/17years). I had my first square at 24!
At which time I went through a very unpleasant phase.
But I learnt meditation as a consequence, and that was seriously one of THE highlights of my life... :D I crossed the bridge, totally, for 3 months!
Jupiter return added to that of course.
It set me on the next part of my journey like I can't express to you.

Chiron was squaring my Moon when I was 5, that was in the 60`s when Vietnam was raging.
I was "seeing" it (Vietnam) vividly from my bedroom for 2 years.
Doctors fed me drugs to try and stop it, but it has a life of it's own, as you know, and it's better not to mess with these experiences, certainly not to try and stop them.

In tribal cultures, children who are seen to be experiencing life like that are taken aside and instructed on the ways of it's intent.
(Most become Shamans in some way.Chiron)

In our Western culture, they are considered a little crazy, fed drugs perhaps, and in some cases locked up in "homes", some do go totally nuts.
It's a sad situation. The ultimate Chiron nightmare. Crossing the rainbow bridge, to the worlds of Uranus, never able to return with stories to share of the journey, which is part of it's intent.
If they are spoken of, there is even more ridicule, and an impending 'extra dose' of happy pills to quell the radical mind, and hush the crazy speak...

I guess the unknown is mans greatest adversary and fear, (crossing the rainbow bridge, or those who have) yet is his truest purpose for being.
Denial is the result, and madness his reward. :wink:

Excuse me for being so cryptic and philosophical.
Just going with the flow.
As a Vietnamese person, I'm inclined to see you dream about my country in 60s. I have a story in the post #105 in the thread "Is American the best country?" of Ukpoohbear for you. It's a bad experience for my family in that war.