Ascendant: 29th Degree of Aries - Is the event "set in stone" ?

Raindrops

An event took place about a week ago. I wrote down the exact minute that it happened and looked at the chart.

The rising sign was 29 degrees of Aries. Almost Taurus! IF the ASC was in Taurus, I would say that the decision looks permanent. But, because it is in the last degree of Aries, does this mean that the decision can be changed?

Last edited:

LionKing

It is a late degree. That means it is already past. Or that the answer is already known. Anthony Louis book "Horary Astrology Plain and Simple" will answer this better than I could; Page 13;
More than twenty-seven degrees implies that the question my be too late. the querent is perhaps undergoing a change of circumstance at the time of the question.

I hope this was helpful. V/r LionKing

tikana

Hi peeps

All depends on a chart.... 29 could be that querent is desparate
or 29 degree could be age of a querent
29 degree could be on eo fthe planets in your chart is at 29 degree of that sign..

gotta look at the chart

Tik:59:

Raindrops

Hi Tik,

Desperate -- I could be considered a bit like that. But, my life did not depend on the decision (I can find a way around the decision) but I just wasn't happy with the decision made at that moment.

Degree = Age. Not 29 yet ;).

I just looked at the planets in my chart. None are near 29 degrees.

I also think there is a chance that the decision can be reversed. I have read that in Horary (?) astrology, that when the MOON is in the last 3 degrees of a sign, then it is "void of course" and an answer cannot be defined. I was wondering if an ASC in the last degree of a sign could also signify that such a decision could be changed, reversed. ?

archergirl

Event charts are read slightly differently than horary charts, so a late degree on the Ascendant may have some significance, but not necessarily the same sort of significance it does in horary. And it depends on the event.

AG:)

greenastrologer

as i hope my chosen username makes clear, i'm pretty new to this so plse bear with me if i'm asking a stupid quesiton! why the focus on the rising sign?

greenastrologer

nevermind ;) i just answered my own question thanks to some wonderful links posted under another question about someone's ex returning ... i'm now learning all about horary astrology ... yay!

BobZemco

Raindrops said:
I have read that in Horary (?) astrology, that when the MOON is in the last 3 degrees of a sign, then it is "void of course" and an answer cannot be defined.

The Moon is Void of Course when the Moon is not in aspect and it will not conjunct, sextile, square, trine or opppose another planet before leaving that sign.

Being at 29° of any sign does not automatically make the Moon Void of Course. Allowing for a 7° orb would probably put the Moon in aspect with a planet betwen 22° and 6°.

Senecar

It is a late degree. That means it is already past. Or that the answer is already known. Anthony Louis book "Horary Astrology Plain and Simple" will answer this better than I could; Page 13;
More than twenty-seven degrees implies that the question my be too late. the querent is perhaps undergoing a change of circumstance at the time of the question.

I hope this was helpful. V/r LionKing

Answer is already known? - then querent wouldn't ask Horary. Logically not making sense?
I asked a horary for a question, and ASC was Gemini 29 degrees 45 min.

1. It was not past, but ongoing.
2. I was the querent, also the astrologer, and did not know the answer.
3. I was not 29 and 45 months old.

Does that mean that the circumstances were changing? Does it also mean that the same question must be asked again, when the circumstance has fully changed?

But how do I know when would be the time that it had changed, when I don't know what circumstances were changing, or if anything was changing at all?

Last edited:

dr. farr

From my perspective, too late (for me that's 29 degrees) or too early (for me that 0 degrees) mean that the cosmic flux at the moment of the question is such that any answer indicated by the current position and relationship of the significators is LIKELY to be unreliable (same with the SN being in the ascending sign of the horary chart), and, it would be better to re-ask the question at a later time. That's pretty much the teaching of the Ankara horary method.

Senecar

From my perspective, too late (for me that's 29 degrees) or too early (for me that 0 degrees) mean that the cosmic flux at the moment of the question is such that any answer indicated by the current position and relationship of the significators is LIKELY to be unreliable (same with the SN being in the ascending sign of the horary chart), and, it would be better to re-ask the question at a later time. That's pretty much the teaching of the Ankara horary method.

Thank you Dr Farr.

I asked the question very late time of the day - about midnight. Maybe it is not good time to ask Horary questions?

In fact, I wonder if there is good time to cast horary chart during the day in general. I will be re-casting the chart with the same question :)