How to interpret natal/generational aspects in Synastry?

agnes11

Hi!

I am wondering how to interpret generational and natal difficult aspects in synastry?

I have natally difficult aspects between Mars and Saturn, Sun and Neptune, and everyone from my generation will have them with me in synastry.

So now I'm seeing this guy that's 6 month older, and it worries me that these natal patterns, and our Neptune afflicted Suns, will create a disturbance. But if they are part of who we are, are they as strong as if they would show up with someone who doesn't have them natally?
How do I consider these aspects, as highly disturbing or less disturbing (because they are natal)?

I'm attaching our synastry chart too.

Thanks for your answers in advance!

:love:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-12-11 18.14.11.jpg
    Screenshot 2019-12-11 18.14.11.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 32

AJ Astrology

Hi!

I am wondering how to interpret generational and natal difficult aspects in synastry?

I have natally difficult aspects between Mars and Saturn, Sun and Neptune, and everyone from my generation will have them with me in synastry.

So now I'm seeing this guy that's 6 month older, and it worries me that these natal patterns, and our Neptune afflicted Suns, will create a disturbance. But if they are part of who we are, are they as strong as if they would show up with someone who doesn't have them natally?
How do I consider these aspects, as highly disturbing or less disturbing (because they are natal)?

I'm attaching our synastry chart too.

Thanks for your answers in advance!

:love:

Hi agnes11,

Better would be you're attaching "a" synastry chart because there is no synastry here.

Your Suns are in each other's H8 which is not good and does not bode well for the relationship. He has nothing in your H1, H5 or H7 except for Saturn in your H7 which is the last place you'd want Saturn.

You might be a fun thing for him, but don't expect to get married.

You do realize your Suns are in opposite houses, right? You know what they, opposites attract, but not for long.

Now, if you had Suns opposite on the H1-H7 axis and you had Moon, Venus or Jupiter in H5/H11, that would be different and good.

Your Mars-Saturn square isn't the problem. You have a night chart with Moon as sect ruler elevated in H10 joining Mars. Mars loves the night and is good in a feminine sign like Pisces, so that's a "good" Mars not a bad Mars.

The problem is Mars-retrograde Saturn square. Like Mars, Saturn does better at night in a feminine sign. Saturn retrograde is the issue.

Anyway, have fun and have safe fax but don't get upset when you see him with someone else.

ElenaJ

It would have been easier if you posted the aspect table as well as the chart, it's difficult to calculate the orbs from just this chart.
Anyway, the bottom line, I agree basically with AJ Asstrology's evaluation.
The importance of outer generational planets? It puts you on a similare track with those born around the same time as you are. If your natal inner planets aspects them easily, then you will get along easily with your age peers, if on the other hand you have stressful aspects, or the outer planets are touching your angles, then you will have difficulties with your peers.
As a practical example, my Saturn is just over my ascendent. I find people born about a year later than myself, stifling. Their Saturn sits on my ascendent.
In your case, both sun and moon are in close aspect with generational planets.
Your sun opposing Neptune makes you idealistic, probably overly so. Your friend's Neptune touching the same point awakens the same type of energy in your relationship, so there is something on the one hand romantic and ideal about it, but also illusive and unreliable.
As a woman, sun also represents the type of male partner you seek out, so this could be a quality you expect and can live with.
What is more critical is the mars/moon conjunction that square the mercury opposition to Saturn/uranus. Internally, this must cause you quite a bit of turmoil, emotionally but also mentally. A bit of a temper, too? A little irritable or edgy? Tend to think one thing and do another, or take off unexpectedly on a tangent?
These are contradictory energies that you will have to come to terms with, internally, before you match up with someone when you might externalise them onto your partner. It takes time and experience to handle this. And it will make you a fascinating personality, original, brilliant, unpredictable but that's part of the fun.
So, if you pair yourself with a peer, they will set off this conflictual energy inside you. It can be exciting in small doses, but when you start to spend time together it can be consuming. Do you really want this type of relationship?
Your descendent is ruled by Jupiter, that also defines the type of partner suitable to you. And in fact, with a jupiterian he could easily and jollily override your tensions, lifting your spirits.
Grounded in an earth sign like taurus, your partner can help keep you in a down to earth position, again working around your inner tensions.
So, your friend is a heavy Capricorn sun and mercury (and Neptune), square his Jupiter. This is a signal about your jupiterian type!
His mars trines your mars, easing your mars/moon conjunction, but it opposes your descendent ruler Jupiter. Turbulence in the relationship, arguments.
His ascendent almost exactly flipped with respect to your ascendent/des axis is very attractive, you each see in the other what you are looking for in a partner.
HIs descendent ruler is mercury, and it squares his Jupiter, ruler of his ascendent, so he is natally set up to seek a conflictual relationship.
He has a Leo moon, so his ideal female would have Leo-like qualities. Do you have this?
Moon opposing Venus would give her Venusian qualities. Does this describe you? In a way yes, with Venus on your ascendent. You are probably charming, pretty and sociable, especially in gemini.
So, when his Uranus and Saturn trigger your mars/moon, irritating and stifling you, and agitates your mercury, will you be happy with this?
That Uranus square mars is very sexy at the beginning but will turn into sparks and fights. Especially when mars/saturn starts to be felt and you are both off on different tangents.
That is why Aj Astrology and myself question whether you can go long term on this relationship.
Try to post a composite chart to see how it all works out concretely in the relationship.

agnes11

It would have been easier if you posted the aspect table as well as the chart, it's difficult to calculate the orbs from just this chart.
Anyway, the bottom line, I agree basically with AJ Asstrology's evaluation.
The importance of outer generational planets? It puts you on a similare track with those born around the same time as you are. If your natal inner planets aspects them easily, then you will get along easily with your age peers, if on the other hand you have stressful aspects, or the outer planets are touching your angles, then you will have difficulties with your peers.
As a practical example, my Saturn is just over my ascendent. I find people born about a year later than myself, stifling. Their Saturn sits on my ascendent.
In your case, both sun and moon are in close aspect with generational planets.
Your sun opposing Neptune makes you idealistic, probably overly so. Your friend's Neptune touching the same point awakens the same type of energy in your relationship, so there is something on the one hand romantic and ideal about it, but also illusive and unreliable.
As a woman, sun also represents the type of male partner you seek out, so this could be a quality you expect and can live with.
What is more critical is the mars/moon conjunction that square the mercury opposition to Saturn/uranus. Internally, this must cause you quite a bit of turmoil, emotionally but also mentally. A bit of a temper, too? A little irritable or edgy? Tend to think one thing and do another, or take off unexpectedly on a tangent?
These are contradictory energies that you will have to come to terms with, internally, before you match up with someone when you might externalise them onto your partner. It takes time and experience to handle this. And it will make you a fascinating personality, original, brilliant, unpredictable but that's part of the fun.
So, if you pair yourself with a peer, they will set off this conflictual energy inside you. It can be exciting in small doses, but when you start to spend time together it can be consuming. Do you really want this type of relationship?
Your descendent is ruled by Jupiter, that also defines the type of partner suitable to you. And in fact, with a jupiterian he could easily and jollily override your tensions, lifting your spirits.
Grounded in an earth sign like taurus, your partner can help keep you in a down to earth position, again working around your inner tensions.
So, your friend is a heavy Capricorn sun and mercury (and Neptune), square his Jupiter. This is a signal about your jupiterian type!
His mars trines your mars, easing your mars/moon conjunction, but it opposes your descendent ruler Jupiter. Turbulence in the relationship, arguments.
His ascendent almost exactly flipped with respect to your ascendent/des axis is very attractive, you each see in the other what you are looking for in a partner.
HIs descendent ruler is mercury, and it squares his Jupiter, ruler of his ascendent, so he is natally set up to seek a conflictual relationship.
He has a Leo moon, so his ideal female would have Leo-like qualities. Do you have this?
Moon opposing Venus would give her Venusian qualities. Does this describe you? In a way yes, with Venus on your ascendent. You are probably charming, pretty and sociable, especially in gemini.
So, when his Uranus and Saturn trigger your mars/moon, irritating and stifling you, and agitates your mercury, will you be happy with this?
That Uranus square mars is very sexy at the beginning but will turn into sparks and fights. Especially when mars/saturn starts to be felt and you are both off on different tangents.
That is why Aj Astrology and myself question whether you can go long term on this relationship.
Try to post a composite chart to see how it all works out concretely in the relationship.

Hi Elena,

thanks for your helpful reply.

I am posting a composite as well (one view with acs/mc aspects as well, and one without).

I realize that everyone from my generation will have their Saturn Uranus in my 7th and square my Moon/Mars and opp Mercury.

But I find it so hard to come to terms that this means that I shouldn't be in a relationship with anyone around my age?

With an ex, who was almost 18 years older, so not from my generation, we had Mars/Saturn/Uranus square and it was very very abusive. I have not had this with anyone from my generation, so I assumed it must be different or less severe when you experience these aspects from someone born around your year. Just because you're personally dealing with them on a daily basis.

I do a lot of personal work to own my anger and irritability, and to now project it or disown it. Which I have done in the past.

In synastry my Venus, Mercury and ACS fall into his 7th, and I think he sees me much more like a perfect partner than I see him. I have reservations about him, he doesn't about me. He proclaimed his love the next day after we met, and made plans for us for the next two years ahead, and does not seem to have a drop of doubt. But this could also be his impulsive nature... That is why I have reservations too.

I do have strong Venusian qualities but no Leo no. I think I will come to dislike this joker like theatrical moon, because my Pisces moon likes calmer and more profound connections.

Our composite is very interesting.
No Saturn or Uranus afflictions, Mars only sextiles MC.
Our Pisces ACS is sextile Jupiter, Neptune, and trine Pluto.
Sun, Venus, Mercury, Eris, stellium, in 2nd, square Neptune.
Saturn, Uranus, Mars, Neptune in the 11th.
Jupiter in 3rd conjunct Juno, opp Pluto, trine Neptune.
Vertex in the 7th.
True node in the 1st.
Moon in the 4th trine Mercury and square ascendant.
Lots of inconjuncts and semisextiles.

I'm currently going through a Neptune transit conjunct my NN transit. And this relationship seems heavily Neptunian. But also somehow very very concrete and grounded with the 2nd house stellium. We are both very spiritual and artistic people, by profession also.

I really have no idea what to think about all of it.
The relationship is so unconventional, so unexpected, and so beautiful also, I am fully falling in love... Neptune worries me, however, I've had this with an Ex too and it was the most beautiful relationship ever but we were also on a distance and lots of fantasy... The beautiful part of Neptune is that you're able to forgive each other everything.
Can the Neptune be fully detrimental in this composite?

Thanks for your reply in advance!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-12-12 11.32.20.jpg
    Screenshot 2019-12-12 11.32.20.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot 2019-12-12 11.32.37.jpg
    Screenshot 2019-12-12 11.32.37.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 21

ElenaJ

"spiritual and artistic people, by profession also."
This is an excellent use of the Neptune energy, very positive.

I really don't see Neptune as a problem, it's the mars/moon square that will be more difficult to overcome.
Generational aspects can be overcome if the inner planets help to ease things.

agnes11

From the composite, would you say you see any alarms, besides Neptune?

One of the things I appreciate about him the most is his spirituality, and his poetic optimism, and his unceasing courage.

Indeed, relationships with Tauruses and Sagittariuses are best for me, with Caps are the worst.

ElenaJ

We aren't surprised to see the Uranus/saturn conjunction, here it squares the vertex (which is like a descendent), trines Lilith, and opposes Chiron. We already know it is a weak point in the relationship, and here we have the confirmation.
Juno the marriage asteroid is with Jupiter, ascendent ruler, and trine Neptune of spirituality, romanticism, ideals. This is very positive.
Venus is very important in a love relationship, and here it is conjunct sun, the identity of the relationship, but also they are with Eris, the asteroid of strife and discord. This is the only aspect Venus makes. I'll leave this to you to ponder.
Moon is the emotional soul of the relationship, and it sextiles mercury for good communications between you, which is very important. Mercury also rules the descendent of the chart, so this helps to bind you two. Moon is also involved in a yod with pluto and Neptune, signalling the need for spiritual and soul transformation and rebirth.
This is not a particularly easy relationship, but it is not an impossible one, surprisingly, considering the synastry aspects. Resolution of the Uranus/Saturn challenges can help with your inner growth, it will enrich you by the lessons you learn, painful though they may be at the time.
The pisces ascendent repeats the Neptune theme.
Neptune here also trines the descendent, again supporting the spiritual and artistic thread that weaves its way through your lives together.

agnes11

Thanks so much for your reply, this is super helpful.
Spirituality is indeed the theme here...

I will take these notes into account.
Grateful for your input :)