Intelligence

snipbean

I'd like someone to take a look at my chart, because I can't tell if i'm intelligent or insane most of the time. I'm trying to stop debating it, whatever I am, and accept it

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_mana_hp.15361.21430.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_mana_hp.15361.21430.gif
    28.6 KB · Views: 41

4leafclovah

I have Mercury in Aquarius squaring Uranus in Scorpio. Would the square be the reason why my thoughts are so scattered and I have a hard time communicating verbally? I also had a bad tongue lisp when I was younger:rolleyes: Wow, ok this makes sense. I have always found it easier to get my point across through art and poetry ( Mercury sextile Neptune/5th and trine Pluto/3rd??) I often have a hard time finding the right words to get my point across effectively and it amkes me very frustrated sometimes . Now I know that its not that there is anything wrong with me, it just makes my way of communicating "different".

Raindrops

I am beginning to think that intelligence is definitely influenced by genes... and that the aspects to our mercury give us definitive characteristics about our minds.

Vardigon

My Mercury is in Gemini, along with my Sun and Venus. And they're all happily conjuncted! As such, I tend to be extremely good at handling large amounts of information and considering all the finer details. But I'm still learning how to grasp the bigger picture and the optimism that comes with it, because my true node is in Pisces and my south node in Virgo!!! I'm quite imaginative as well. I can work in fields like technology if I must, but I feel that those areas aren't really the "calling" in my life per se, as technology doesn't exactly allow my mind to roam to its fullest. Something involving Fantasy seems to suit me. I'm also good at existential intelligence, if anyone has ever looked at Gardner's multiple intelligence inventory. Interestingly enough, I've had a hard time communicating verbally: one of my teachers in high school told me that when she first met me, I was barely able to string a sentence together. That was probably due to social inhibition (Saturn 1st house, aspects), and other things. I express myself quite lucidly (;)) in writing. Did I mention that I like to use my imagination -- a lot?

Also, I really need to stop studying and thinking a lot before I actually do something. So as not to get caught up in an infinite loop of just searching for information and processing things theoretically in my brain.

Last edited:

GreenMist

Banned
I have an IQ of 149. I owe my genius to mercury is in aries with gemini in the third house. I have saturn conjunction mars, mercury trine mars and sun conjunct Mercury as well.:tongue:

Arian Maverick

I have an IQ of 149. I owe my genius to mercury is in aries with gemini in the third house. I have saturn conjunction mars, mercury trine mars and sun conjunct Mercury as well.

My IQ is 132, but my mother told me the psychologist thought this may be a slightly low estimate of my intelligence because even as a child, I was very deliberate in my thinking and tended to check my answers for accuracy before submitting them; thus, I received less points for time. I attribute this characteristic to my dignified tenth Saturn in Capricorn, which squares my Aries stellium.

I too have a Sun-Mercury conjunction in Aries and Gemini on the cusp of the third house; Mars in Gemini occupies my third house and sextiles my Sun-Venus-Mercury conjunction.

However, I believe intelligence is more than a number.

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Frank

I’ll be giving the lecture "Annoyingly Intelligent People" at ISAR 2009 in Chicago this August. Below are the latest numbers. The number listed after each factor are: Percent of the Experimental Group that have the factor/Percent of the Control Group that have the factor/The Percentage that the Experimental Group exceeds the Control Group by.

Mercury in Pisces 10.05/8.25/21.8
Moon in Aquarius 10.85/8.73/24.2
Sun in Virgo 11.11/8.33/33.3
Mars in Gemini 11.90/9.37/27.1
Saturn in Gemini 10.58/8.76/20.8
Saturn in 1st House 11.38/8.07/41.0
Saturn in 7th House 10.85/8.25/31.4
Mercury in 2nd House 13.76/9.50/44.8
Mercury in 10th House 11.11/8.89/25.0
Jupiter in 3rd House 11.90/8.36/42.4
Mercury in Succ. Houses 40.21/31.35/28.3
Jupiter parallel Neptune 4.76/3.23/47.5
Mercury opposite Mars 2.38/1.24/91.5
Mercury trine MC 11.11/7.09/56.7
Mars sextile North Node 5.82/3.86/50.7
Uranus sextile North Node 6.88/5.05/36.1
Mercury quintile Uranus 4.50/1.96/129.7
Mercury square Mars 7.41/5.32/39.3
Mercury parallel Pluto 6.88/4.74/45.3
Sun quincunx 3rd Dom. Ruler 3.44/0.93/271.4
Pluto semisquare 5th Dom. Ruler 3.17/1.90/66.7
Pluto semisquare 11th Dom. Ruler 3.97/2.12/87.5
Venus opposite Sun Disp. 2.12/1.01/110.5
Saturn quincunx Mars Disp. 3.44/1.64/109.7
Moon quincunx Venus Disp. 3.97/2.28/74.4
Pluto quincunx Venus Disp. 3.44/1.46/136.4
Mars opposite Mars Disp. 4.23/1.88/125.4
Ve Disp. quincunx Ur Disp. 1.85/0.85/118.7
Mercury square Neptune 2.12/1.11/90.5
Mars opposite Sun Disp. 3.70/2.59/42.9
Mercury sesquiquadrate Neptune Disp. 3.17/2.20/44.6

Frank

The numbers in the post above are the factors wich have the highest statistical significance between an Experimental Group of about 350 and a Control Group of about 3,500 with similar demographic data.

Please don't reply that "Well, standardized test really don't tell you anything about real intelligence."

When one does statistical research, one must use something that is measureable. The tests and scores Mensa accepts represent those who score in the top 2 percent on those tests.

Frank

When I get back to my home computer tonight, I'll share the statistical results of some of the common astrology factors associated with intelligence. I don't have all the numbers at my fingertips at the moment.

katydid

Mercury in PISCES????? I KNEW it. Seriously, I have known so many highly intelligent people with their Mercury's in Pisces, often Aquarians with that placement. Wow.
One of my sons friends scored a 100% on all of his state aptitude tests, in ALL subjects, since he was in elementary school. He is a sweet, polite kid with Mercury in pisces in the first house, and he asks questions about everything.

And my daughter has an Aquarian Moon and was a kind of child prodigy musically.
She attained a lot of success early in life. But. Of course she hates high school academics and is getting by by the skin of her teeth, with a C average, even though her teachers often remark upon her extreme intelligence.

Arian Maverick

Thank you for sharing your research with us, Frank! :cool:

Please don't reply that "Well, standardized test really don't tell you anything about real intelligence."

When one does statistical research, one must use something that is measureable. The tests and scores Mensa accepts represent those who score in the top 2 percent on those tests.

Although I said something to this effect in my last post, I understand the need for quantitative data in statistical research. I admire your work; I wish more astrologers had training in statistics. I hope you don't mind if I send you a personal message with questions regarding your study. I may pursue a statistics major or minor in college, and if I do, I would love to conduct a statistical study of astrology.

Arian Maverick

P.S. I don't consider myself to be an "annoyingly intelligent" person, but I thought it would be amusing to ask if you plan to conduct a study regarding "annoying" people. If so, I'd be glad to volunteer my natal data! :tongue:

Last edited:

Frank

Ha! I got the title from what someone once said to me, "Frank, you are so intelligent - annoyingly so, in fact."

Lissa

For research purpuose,I am posting the chart of my boyfriend,who has a huge problem with dyslexia.At age 7 he couldn't write or read.You can't notice his dyslexia when he's speaking but when he writes,oh boy,when he writes-he does the kind of spelling mistakes that make my 3rd house Mercury cry.When he texts me I often need to take some time to reflect upon his words because I just can't understand some of the things he is writing.He simply doesn't know how to spell.He also enjoys foreign languages but doesn't even know how to speak English,the only thing he can say is "My name is Afonso" and name a few colours,but his pronounce is terrible.Must admit I laughed a bit when I tried to teach him in English.

In turn he is amazingly good at math-he scored 100% in the national 9th grade Math exam and,on a scale of 0 to 20,he used to score 20 in his 10th grade first Math tests.

I find it very interesting that he has his Mercury at the fate degree and in detriment.

Attachments

• Afonso.jpg
    Afonso.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 51

Frank

Here are the results of some common factors thought to indicate intelligence:

Exp/Ctrl/ % Diff

Prominent Air:

Air Moon 27.25/ 25.48/ 7.0
Air Sun 25.66/ 24.71/ 3.9
Air Mercury 24.34 /26.48 /-8.1
Air Venus 25.93/ 25.08 /3.4
Air Mars 27.78 /26.06 /6.6
Air Ascendant 26.72 /23.92 /11.7
Air MC 23.54 /25.87 /-9.0

Mercury Strong:

Exper /Control /Diff

Merc in Gemini 7.94/ 9.13 /-13.0
Merc in Virgo 9.79 /8.17 /19.7
Merc Angular 32.01 /35.42 /-9.6
Mercury Direct 82.01 /78.02 /5.1
Mercury Cazimi 0.26 /0.48 /-44.4

CEO Carter's "Super Six":

Exp /Cntrl /%Diff
Sun trine Mars 3.97 /4.84 /-18
Sun trine Jupiter 9.52 /7.62/ +25
Sun trine Uranus 11.64 /7.96 /+46.2
Sun sextile Mars 5.82 /5.24 /+11.1
Sun sextile Jupiter 3.44 /4.29 /-18.2
Sun sextile Uranus 2.91 /4.29 /-32.1

Shokk

The numbers in the post above are the factors wich have the highest statistical significance between an Experimental Group of about 350 and a Control Group of about 3,500 with similar demographic data.

Well, of course, statistics are statistics, we're gathering data the most objective way we can, doesn't mean it's right, though. It doesn't mean we can start quantifying what "Intelligent" is, it's a darn broad word, really. We could talk about astrological indicators for scoring well on IQ tests, though..

All gripes aside, though, Are you including only aspects that are supposed to indicate mental acuity and the general brand of intelligence we're talking about here, or have you been running every aspect in the Experimental group against the Control group?
Okay, that sounds logistically insane, but to make it truly objective, one would probably have to start looking at arseloads of factors to see any possible connections to intelligence.
Feh, it's all good,though, we don't live in a perfect world and all that.

Frank

Well, of course, statistics are statistics, we're gathering data the most objective way we can, doesn't mean it's right, though. It doesn't mean we can start quantifying what "Intelligent" is, it's a darn broad word, really. We could talk about astrological indicators for scoring well on IQ tests, though..

All gripes aside, though, Are you including only aspects that are supposed to indicate mental acuity and the general brand of intelligence we're talking about here, or have you been running every aspect in the Experimental group against the Control group?
Okay, that sounds logistically insane, but to make it truly objective, one would probably have to start looking at arseloads of factors to see any possible connections to intelligence.
Feh, it's all good,though, we don't live in a perfect world and all that.

I ran the AstroDatabank Factor Analysis Reports (FAR) which basically checks for every single Sign, House, Element and Quadruplicity placement as well all aspects directly between bodies and between dispositors and house rulers. I ran it on the Experimental and Control groups overnight. Several times to check my work.

I then converted the results into a spread sheet for easy sorting. I was then able to look at what factors were most statistically significant and test them individually and in combination with other factors.

In addition to that, I took suggestions from another forum on what factors to look for, and tested them also. It's taken the better part of a year to do all this.

Now I'm moving on to an even bigger research project that will examine thousands of chart for specific mundane events - so the human factor is eliminated.

Shokk

Oh my, I tip my hat to you, man. I wish you the best of luck (and patience, motivation, and all that) on your next project.