Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Aspects & configurations

Aspects & configurations Discuss here about natal chart aspects and configurations.

Unread 11-28-2007, 08:18 PM
Banned

What aspects point to astrologers?

Just wondering.....

Who on the forum has ura conj mc?
I have seen around that this is a great indicator of a good astrologer. (pity mines at 10 deg!)
What do you have in your chart that makes you a good astrologer....(or at least helps you to enjoy astrology)?

LG

Unread 11-28-2007, 08:47 PM

Re: What aspects point to astrologers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Green
Just wondering.....

I have seen around that this is a great indicator of a good astrologer. (pity mines at 10 deg!)
What do you have in your chart that makes you a good astrologer....(or at least helps you to enjoy astrology)?

LG
I don't think there is any one aspect or one "indication" in a chart that points to "astrology".

In addition, there are many different kinds of astrology. I would not think that same "talents" would be indicated for someone who is mainly interested in prediction of events and someone who is more interested in the psychological side of astrology.

I do Uranus in the 10th, but not conjunct the MC. Juno IS conjunct my MC, so if anyone else has that position, I'd be interested.

Voltaire: "Tout est pour le mieux dans le meilleur des mondes."
Unread 11-28-2007, 08:51 PM

i have the transneptunian point Apollon exactly conjunct my ascendent. i have been told that Apollon is on of the rulers of astrology and its an indicator of it in a chart.

this is just my personal idea, but i think that i've seen more people with the influences of cancer, virgo, and aquarius are into and understand astrology than other signs. Now i'm not saying sun, but thoses three signs strongly placed in a chart.

whats ur birthday, time, place so i can check ur chart out budday

nick
Unread 11-28-2007, 09:08 PM
Banned

Hi Gaer and Nick,

I understand one aspect in a chart doesnt lead to any conclusions to ANY subject, but thought it would be good to see what people attribute in their charts to their love of astrology. I have uranus in the 10th and i think my merc square to uranus gives me glimpses of insight. my aqua asc i think also helps......here are my details to see what you think aswell

13/01/75 7.16am Frankston, australia
Please note....if using astrodienst charts the orbs used on the default natal are huge!
Unread 11-28-2007, 09:37 PM

Quote:
I've got Uranus conjunct my Midheaven, but I'm certainly not a great astrologer. It may explain my interest in astrology, though...

Mercury is the traditional ruler of astrology, so I'd also look for this planet strongly placed.

Arian Maverick

Last edited by Arian Maverick; 11-28-2007 at 09:48 PM.
Unread 11-28-2007, 09:43 PM

**** Uranus got his M and his D confused with me... my DC is conjunct my Uranus.

Unread 11-28-2007, 10:14 PM

Send a message via MSN to Kaiousei no Senshi Send a message via Skype™ to Kaiousei no Senshi

Woot, Uranus and Vesta on the MC. Mercury in the Sixth. -.-' Close...so close.

Arian, poor egg. How Arian and violent of you. :P

www.medievalastrologyguide.com
Unread 11-28-2007, 11:31 PM

Does Pluto have anything to do with it? I have Pluto in the 10th, (but I'm not a good astrologer), maybe that is why I'm always on this forum since joining - intense investigation..

I have Ceres and Juno around the IC, and haven't got a clue what that means.

NR

chart: http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk27/Jo75Tiger/mewithstarsasteroids.gif
Unread 11-28-2007, 11:59 PM

Mercury/Uranus contacts are good for Astrologers, like merc trine Uranus etc.

Moon in 9th is another

sometimes the balsamic moon phase is also a drive for learning astrology .

kingsley
Unread 11-29-2007, 12:10 AM

I don't think Uranus on any angle is that good for an astrologer. When you consider the planets as friends and foes, Uranus in my mind tends to be on the foe side of things.

Astrology is about analysis, mathematics, good memory-long term, language, visualising, making reasonable judgements, detective work, counselling, healing, intuition etc etc.

Mercury/uranus allows for a different kind of thinking, and is also pretty good for IT people. At least Uranus is supposedly good for long term memory; that helps with remembering all the aphorisms and aspects configurations. Its such a multi leveled persuit and one must learn to think on different levels at the same time. Uranus on the angle will represent how things always seem to change or become interupted at that angle. Sometimes its more about expressing ones uniqueness, being different in the way Uranus on the angle would describe.

kingsley
Unread 11-29-2007, 01:07 AM

Send a message via MSN to Kaiousei no Senshi Send a message via Skype™ to Kaiousei no Senshi

Quote:
Moon in 9th is another
Definitely. Any benevolent connection with the Ninth house would be simply fantastic.

Unread 11-29-2007, 04:02 AM
Banned

Thanks everyone for your comments.
I think you all are good astrologers.....your all here!....you may be at the beginning of your journey, and may have only the need to learn for yourselves....others here are clearly here Knowing alot...but the fact is, if you all compare yourselves to the general population of the world, we are all somewhat astrologers.....I am really at the infant stage, and so are probably a good percentage of you...?
I think the common denomentator so far is uranus, merc and moon.....And i believe some outer planetary objects were also mentioned (for those i'll have to take your word for it!)
Anything else?.........Do you think neptune can bring a sense of intuition needed to interpret charts? ( ithink i'll change the question slightly to what aspects ,configs help allow you to read charts?)
thanks LG
Unread 11-29-2007, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiousei no Senshi
Definitely. Any benevolent connection with the Ninth house would be simply fantastic.
Nothing even close to there in my chart unless you count the NN.

Voltaire: "Tout est pour le mieux dans le meilleur des mondes."
Unread 11-29-2007, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Do you think neptune can bring a sense of intuition needed to interpret charts?
I don't know about Neptune, wouldn't trust him with clarity.

Quote:
Nothing even close to there in my chart unless you count the NN.
Well, you're doing better than me, I've got zip in the Ninth house. It's just my Lord of Genture, Jupiter, rules this house.

Unread 11-29-2007, 04:32 AM
Banned

KnS, can you extend what you mean with your comment...."wouldnt trust him with clarity?"......sorry i dont follow (should i blame neptune?)
Unread 11-29-2007, 04:38 AM

Yes, I would count the nodes there Gaer

The ninth house has much to do with Astrology, dreams, philosophy and religion etc. It also tends to represent ones beliefs which either on an existential level or even ones that were made erroneosly during child development. In some respects the 9th can be about attitudes and values one establishes as a course of developing certain beliefs.

That is a good point to have in the ninth for an astrologer Gaer.

kingsley
Unread 11-29-2007, 04:39 AM

Just that Neptune isn't known for his powers of clarification.

The rising mists... :-S

Unread 11-29-2007, 05:48 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

friends and foes, to Kingsley

Kingsley,

You said:
Quote:
I don't think Uranus on any angle is that good for an astrologer. When you consider the planets as friends and foes, Uranus in my mind tends to be on the foe side of things.
I think it isn't that useful to think of planets as being either all good or all bad. Since we all have the same planets in our charts, it is best to make peace with them and learn how to use their energies. Uranus energy can be about innovation, restructuring, or rebuilding. It can also be about rebellion, destruction, and breaking up things. What we make of our Uranus energies is up to us.

Planetary energies on the angles make those energies more intense and "hard hitting" in our life. Since Uranus energy is associated with astrology in some schools of astrological thought, Uranus on the angles can create an intense interest in astrology.

Making friends with "foes",

Tim
Unread 11-29-2007, 06:12 AM
Banned

Re: friends and foes, to Kingsley

always with such clarity Tim.......no mistiness with you!
Unread 11-29-2007, 07:39 AM

Yes, great post Tim!

No wonder l am here then with that Uranus bear hugging my DC

curiousity luckily didn't kill the cat
Unread 11-29-2007, 08:05 AM

Re: friends and foes, to Kingsley

Gidday Tim, I agree with what you say in a politically correct way perhaps. In learning astrology however it is important to determine the nature of planets and in a traditional manner there are malefic and benefic planets as you are aware. Planets can be strong by sign or placement and indeed act in good and less than good ways.

Angular planets can be strong indeed and the more malefic style of planets at the angles also places an emphasis on their representation at that chart angle.

I know of a person with Pluto in the 10th and he is/was Nuclear Physicist until he beacame an artist. Transformations in areas of ones career and dignity in the world are always going through changes. He is a person that expresses inner power through his public life.

Likewise, a man with Neptune at the Mc seemed to exersize his authority in subtle ways, he didn't seem like a boss. Little did anyone know at a younger age he grew marijuana crops at his family farm. I believe he made quite some money doing that. In some respects Neptune at the Mc could be saying "I am unclear about my direction" and thus lbecome a beach bum which he also did at one stage. Now he is growing grapes on the farm and has a wine making business.

One could say that the person is scripted to go through life by changing career circumstances with Uranus at the Mc. That is not an easy thing to get a grasp of initially. Hopefully as many people do, that is follow their noses and end up encaptulating the that kind of Mc emphasis in positive styles of "currencies". The darkside is always available to the person if they so decide to use that avenue because the planet is strong at the angle.

How anyone transforms and utilises the potentials in their chart is forever evolving and changing. In the analysis of charts one must consider the malefic planets presence in the process of delineation in my view.

kingsley
Unread 11-29-2007, 06:09 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

looking outside your own tradition, to Kingsley

Kingsley,

You said:
Quote:
I agree with what you say in a politically correct way perhaps. In learning astrology however it is important to determine the nature of planets and in a traditional manner there are malefic and benefic planets as you are aware...One could say that the person is scripted to go through life by changing career circumstances with Uranus at the Mc. That is not an easy thing to get a grasp of initially.
I understand that you are a traditional astrologer and so tend to look at the world from that point of view. However, to insist that the ONLY way to look at planets is in the "traditional" manner of "malefic" and "benefic" and to discard all modern astrology as "politically correct" is to deliberately ignore a large source of astrological discoveries. Uranus has been shown again and again to be significant in the chart of astrologers (and not just because it is "politically correct" to say so), and Ray gives us a few of the many examples.

It sounds from your posting that YOU, personally, are uncomfortable with Uranus and all those "changes" and so YOU have a hard time of "getting a grasp" on it. But those who are BORN with Uranus in those strong positions are also BORN with a sense of how to make these changes and use them to their advantage. And one of the things that helps these Uranian people with their life "restructuring" is...astrology!

Astrologically Uranian,

Tim

P.S. Your descriptions of the people who have Pluto and Neptune at the Midheaven seem "spot on" to me. As you notice, each person found a way to work with there strong planetary eneriges in a "good" way (i.e., "nuclear physicist", "wine maker".)

Last edited by wilsontc; 11-29-2007 at 06:22 PM.
Unread 11-29-2007, 06:32 PM

I think another point to consider is if the individual makes his/her living as an astrologer or simply studies natal charts and planetary movements as a hobby--and the latter does not necessarily make one less of an astrologer, as I know of individuals who have studied intensely and were gifted astrologers who decided against pursuing this career path for their own reasons.

Even the word astrologer itself seems somewhat vague in describing a particular individual's expertise. Does an astrologer specialize in studying the nature and mythology of the planets and making their findings public in the astrological community or to the general public? Does he or she specialize in writing newspaper horroscopes or detailed personal predictions using solar arcs, solar and lunar returns, progressions, transits, etc.? Does he or she specialize in the complex calculations often required for chart rectification, or is a more intuitive approach taken? Perhaps an astrologer is someone who is simply interested in learning about himself and others? Is there a box I can check for all of the above?

Arian Maverick
Unread 11-29-2007, 06:43 PM

deleted post.

Last edited by jagetoile; 01-08-2008 at 02:41 PM.
Unread 11-29-2007, 10:45 PM

I haven't anything against Uranus Tim and disagree with what you say in a personal way about me "not getting a grasp of it" etc. I also wouldn't necessarily tag myself as "traditional" as you seem to think, even though that system incorporates a high degree of accuracy in analysing planetary strengths etc.

Shining Ray did come up with some good examples didn't he and Maverick's statement is spot on. Perhaps we can aggree to disagree Tim about the quality of Uranus at the Mc while analising planets. How a person utilises and encorporates into personality, say with Uranus at the Mc is another matter in my view and I have no disagreement in that case.

I wonder how many astrologers there are without any usual signs for this type of endeavour?

best

kingsley

Tags
aspects, astrologers, point