Is this a Plutonic chart/Does pluto affect appearance?

PurpleReign

I wonder if my chart is Plutonic or has strong Pluto energy? I feel Scorpionic almost as much as I feel like a Pisces, so I wanted to hear some input. My Sun is in the 8th house and trines Pluto in the 4th in Scorpio. Pluto conjuncts my Moon, but in a wide orb, though. The ruler of my 1st is in the 8th. And Pluto squares my Ascendent. Strong Scorpionoc/Plutonic chart or energy? I've always been attracted to mysteries and strange things, but that could be because my 8th house Sun.

Lastly, my Asc is in Leo, conjunct Chiron in the 12th house. Pluto, again, squares my ascendent, and Saturn is opposing my Asc. And Venus trines my Ascendent. How would that affect one's appearance and the way that they come off to others? It's a little confusing to me, because Leo is generally likable and sociable, but Pluto and Saturn would change that or add to it in some way, would they? Any ideas? :sideways:

Last edited:

ElenaJ

Yes, you have a very active Pluto, and of course the 8th is Pluto's house.
Lots of energy, lots of potential for transformation, working to find the roots, in trine with sun gives you good control over this energy.
The other very active planet in your chart lis Venus. You tend to be quite passionate about things, tend to be romantic, and have sudden on-again-off-again relationships. Opposing Jupiter makes you a little laid back, maybe also on the heavy weight side, lots of sweets and desserts, although it's balanced out by Saturn opposing the ascendent.
That Pluto square will push you to change your appearance periodically, makes you unique, the Venus contact isn't too strong but it would make you good looking. Leo is always likeable and sociable, so you'll draw people to you, careful not to try to control them or be too critical.

PurpleReign

Yes, you have a very active Pluto, and of course the 8th is Pluto's house.
Lots of energy, lots of potential for transformation, working to find the roots, in trine with sun gives you good control over this energy.
The other very active planet in your chart lis Venus. You tend to be quite passionate about things, tend to be romantic, and have sudden on-again-off-again relationships. Opposing Jupiter makes you a little laid back, maybe also on the heavy weight side, lots of sweets and desserts, although it's balanced out by Saturn opposing the ascendent.
That Pluto square will push you to change your appearance periodically, makes you unique, the Venus contact isn't too strong but it would make you good looking. Leo is always likeable and sociable, so you'll draw people to you, careful not to try to control them or be too critical.

Thanks for your insight! Everything resonated apart from being on the heavy weight side. I've always been pretty thin, but I do crave my desserts! I am very passionate about things, but I prefer solid relationships, though they tend to be few and far between for me at times. Pluto sq Asc pushing me to change my appearance periodically resonates as well. I do go through phases where different aesthetics appeal to me. And for my Leo Asc, I am agreeable and get along well with most people. I think I was critical in the past (in my late teens), but have learned to be far less critical of others over time.

Thanks again!

greybeard

I would look to Mars in Cancer in this chart. And note that the square of Saturn-Pluto is the base of a sesquiquadrate formation pointing to Mars.

Mars is in his Fall, rules and is in square to Exiled Venus. Poorly situated Mars, in a chart built around the Cardinal grand cross.

This is not, in my opinion, a Pluto-dominated chart. Chart-ruler Sun (lord of Asc) is posited in 8th; Pluto affects Moon cross-sign...but his strongest influence seems to be through the square to Saturn and participation in the trioctile formation pointing to Mars.

Also, Saturn, in domicile, sits exactly on the horizon, and like Mars, receives the pointing of a trioctile formation. This formation is uncommon and the appearance of two such formations in one chart, and affecting otherwise important points (Mars, Saturn) is worth noting. Saturn is very powerful. Also notice that Saturn and Mars each participate in both formations and are at focus in one of them.

The chart is built around the Cardinal cross, and this is a predominant influence in the life. There are three squares holding orbs of less-than-degree; such tight aspects may contain an element of compulsion.

Four planets are retrograde, among them Venus. A rx Venus is highly significant; under this condition she tends to withdrawal, holds to values that run counter to the norm. Venus is essentially debilitated, badly aspected, out of sect, and square her fallen lord. What else can go wrong?

Last edited:

PurpleReign

I would look to Mars in Cancer in this chart. And note that the square of Saturn-Pluto is the base of a sesquiquadrate formation pointing to Mars.

Mars is in his Fall, rules and is in square to Exiled Venus. Poorly situated Mars, in a chart built around the Cardinal grand cross.

This is not, in my opinion, a Pluto-dominated chart. Chart-ruler Sun (lord of Asc) is posited in 8th; Pluto affects Moon cross-sign...but his strongest influence seems to be through the square to Saturn and participation in the trioctile formation pointing to Mars.

Also, Saturn, in domicile, sits exactly on the horizon, and like Mars, receives the pointing of a trioctile formation. This formation is uncommon and the appearance of two such formations in one chart, and affecting otherwise important points (Mars, Saturn) is worth noting. Saturn is very powerful. Also notice that Saturn and Mars each participate in both formations and are at focus in one of them.

The chart is built around the Cardinal cross, and this is a predominant influence in the life. There are three squares holding orbs of less-than-degree; such tight aspects may contain an element of compulsion.

Four planets are retrograde, among them Venus. A rx Venus is highly significant; under this condition she tends to withdrawal, holds to values that run counter to the norm. Venus is essentially debilitated, badly aspected, out of sect, and square her fallen lord. What else can go wrong?

How would the triocitle formation, Cardinal Cross, and Venus affect/influence my life? What does it mean? And thank you for your response!

greybeard

The grand cross generally depicts a life characterized by recurring crises, difficult and persistent obstacles, and slower-than-usual development due to these impediments. You might feel that you are boxed-in, with no way out.

The Cardinal signs signify action. Life is met, primarily by seeking to influence outer circumstances so that they will benefit you. Opportunistic and expedient. Immediate. In the jargon of psychiatry, alloplastic.

For the trioctile formations (there are actually 3), you can get an idea of their meaning by looking to descriptions of midpoint formations, e.g., Saturn/Pluto=Mars, Mars/Jupiter=Saturn. The trioctile is irritant and impels to taking action to relieve the irritation. Note the preponderance of Cardinal signs (Action). Mars is the Handle planet in a highly symmetrical Bucket pattern, therefore in High Focus. Mars is the planet of action.

So...
Your challenge lies in learning to direct and control your actions, to act out of reason and with considered purpose rather than acting out of feelings and impulses.

PurpleReign

The grand cross generally depicts a life characterized by recurring crises, difficult and persistent obstacles, and slower-than-usual development due to these impediments. You might feel that you are boxed-in, with no way out.

The Cardinal signs signify action. Life is met, primarily by seeking to influence outer circumstances so that they will benefit you. Opportunistic and expedient. Immediate. In the jargon of psychiatry, alloplastic.

For the trioctile formations (there are actually 3), you can get an idea of their meaning by looking to descriptions of midpoint formations, e.g., Saturn/Pluto=Mars, Mars/Jupiter=Saturn. The trioctile is irritant and impels to taking action to relieve the irritation. Note the preponderance of Cardinal signs (Action). Mars is the Handle planet in a highly symmetrical Bucket pattern, therefore in High Focus. Mars is the planet of action.

So...
Your challenge lies in learning to direct and control your actions, to act out of reason and with considered purpose rather than acting out of feelings and impulses.

Okay, that makes sense. I suppose I do have a tendency to act out of feelings/impulse at times and can improve on acting out of reason after consideration. Thank you for clarifying!

Summer36

I don't believe outer planets have effect on us the reason is outer planets doesn't reflect the light of Sun the saturn is last visible planet hence it limits the sun's reflection from reaching beyond it. Though i would say outer planets do work on mundane level.

greybeard

I don't believe outer planets have effect on us the reason is outer planets doesn't reflect the light of Sun the saturn is last visible planet hence it limits the sun's reflection from reaching beyond it. Though i would say outer planets do work on mundane level.

Experience shows that the modern planets strongly affect the native. Ignore them at your peril.

They reflect the light of the Sun. If they did not we couldn't see them and they would just be blips on the gravitational field.

That they are invisible to the naked eye shows that they work through the deep unconscious, not that they are ineffective.

Last edited:

ElenaJ

And, in aspect with the personal planets they can modify the energies of those planets as well.
Venus with Pluto, Venus with Neptune, Venus with Uranus, all different.