Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Aspects & configurations

Aspects & configurations Discuss here about natal chart aspects and configurations.

Unread 12-11-2007, 05:18 AM

Send a message via AIM to Soul Friend Send a message via MSN to Soul Friend Send a message via Yahoo to Soul Friend
Re: What aspects point to astrologers?

I just thought I'd share a thought I recall from a source no longer in my possession but the author was Sybil Leek who alluded to the neutral nature of Mercury and that because of that it absorbed into its influence elements of the nearest planet even if outside the orb of a conjunction. So if Uranus is nearer it would influence your thinking processes and ability to understand things of a Uranian nature including the stars or other things it rules.

My Chart

http://
Unread 12-11-2007, 08:31 AM

Like anything else there are probably those we do not even know of having a talent for reading charts which is quite extrodinary.

Those that have other gifts such as healing ,clairvoyance and telepathy and blend the use of astrology into their life are exceptionally talented,but often go unrecognized.

I do not think that many are exceptional astrologers until they mature.It takes years to develop insight and skills to deal with particular situations.

There is also many new discoveries that are being intergrated into chart reading.

If I wanted an astrologer I think I would choose an older mature person like Marc Penfield or Steven Forrest.

There was an article in Mt.Astrologer a few years ago and there are not many full time astrologers .Most use astrology as a supplemental income or something to do on the side.

As far as aspects all the outer planets might play a role and that includes Neptune for a certain psychic intuition.Uranus is electric intuition and Pluto might be deep intuition.

Mercury was probably the ancient ruler along with Saturn for astrology.So there might be some sort of balancing that needs to be looked at for onee that wishes to be considered an exceptional astrologer .Most do not do it fulltime.

I will not practice astrology until I feel I have mastered the art. A few years from now from what I can see in my chart.
Unread 12-13-2007, 03:28 AM

I have Uranus closely conjunct my MC--which is ruled by Mercury, although it doesn't make a major aspect to it. So naturally I think Uranus conjunct MC is dyn-o-mite!! I would think, though, given that the Gauquelins' "power zone" is just to the right of the MC in the 9th, that this might be a better placement for Uranus than in the 10th. Rex E. Bills, _The Rulership Book_ does give Uranus as the ruler of astrology. I have observed, though, that many astrologers have moons in water signs--something I don't have--but that I think could help them intuit people's motivations.

Also, I think there are different kinds of astrology/astrologers. Some are more attracted to a. as the study of a complex system, while others prefer the one-on-one counseling dimension. Probably these are different in horoscopes.

I am no professional astrologer--just a passionate student of it for about 17 years.
Unread 12-13-2007, 08:44 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to athan

hi there Green,
well, I think Uranus is very important as an astrology inclined chart indicator but only helping with the logical facet of astrology. There is more to it since you need to know what to put together to make either an evaluation of a character or a forecast.
I think that a uranian moon would do partly the trick.
I have angle Uranus in asc.Scorp opposing sun&merc midpoint in 7H and cancer moon in 9H.
I don't know why but I feel that Saturn has sth do do with it... I don't know,what do you think?
Unread 12-13-2007, 08:46 AM

oh, I have a uranus sqr MC
Unread 12-13-2007, 08:51 AM

oh again...and my saturn conj MC. What about the old devil?
Unread 12-13-2007, 05:49 PM

Hi everyone! Coming in late into this discussion. Instead of saying what I think are the "astrological planets", I will just tell you why I think I am so obsessed with Astrology, now already for more than 25 years. I think it is indeed my Uranus in Gemini sextiling my MC closely from the 7th and sextiling absolutely exactly the (traditional) ruler of my Ascendant Scorpio: Mars in the 5th of selfexpression, hobbies. Uranus is on top of that part of my only YOD between Moon (Apex), Uranus and Mars. This is "the finger of God" pointing towards using my selfexpression(Mars in 5) in a unique (Uranus) way (well, I think Astrology is unique). This is the main reason I think, why Astrology is my life (apart from my children, packed 5th house LOL!) Someone mentioned Moon in the 9th. I have a Moon which rules the 9th and is situated in Scorpio conjunct Jupiter in the 12th. and the Moon's ruler is again Pluto in the 9th (so there is some sort of interchange with Moon, Pluto and 9th house. Moon also squares Pluto). I think the 12th house is very helpful for Astrologers. Our intuition, especially with Moon there, is hightened. Planets in the 12th, in Pisces or in strong contact with Neptune can give empathy (necessary when you want to help people)and intuition .I am very sensitive to other peoples moods.Also the 8th and the 4th house, the waterhouses and planets therein make people more aware and intuitive. I think that the 8th house is extremely important .Here we find the deep research that is necessary and the psychic abilities. I dont have planets in my 8th but it is ruled by Mercury as is my Uranus. I have earned money with astrology on the side, next to other, more hefty jobs. My Jupiter, ruler of my 2nd is in my 12th conj. Moon.
The Astrologers with strong Mercurial qualities, I think, are more the writers in this field.
Cheers, Starlink

Last edited by starlink; 12-13-2007 at 05:53 PM.
Unread 12-15-2007, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Who on the forum has ura conj mc?
It depends how you look at it. Most would say I have.

Mountain:

Quote:
I would think, though, given that the Gauquelins' "power zone" is just to the right of the MC in the 9th, that this might be a better placement for Uranus than in the 10th.
Interesting.

I have Uranus at Sagittarius 01.11, and the MC at 07.07. I only observe an orb of two degrees between an angle and Uranus, Neptune or Pluto, and so this is a little wide for a conjunction for me, as such I don't consider myself a 'proper' Uranus/MC, but I'm open minded, especially with what Mountain mentioned.

In fact, according to some, with Aquarius on the ascendant, Uranus is my ascendant ruler, and with Uranus on the MC, what a configuration! Shame I'm rooted in tradition.

I see Mercury as the primary significator of astrology, astrologers can sometimes be thinkers as well as eccentrics.
Unread 12-15-2007, 10:38 AM

I suppose with a profile quote like that you must be a virgo sun too

Cool thread LG
Unread 12-15-2007, 10:46 AM

Quote:
I suppose with a profile quote like that you must be a virgo sun too
I am indeed.

I'm tidier in theory than in practice though!
Unread 12-15-2007, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco
I am indeed.

I'm tidier in theory than in practice though!

ha! Well, virgo's aren't always tidy and it's ok cos it's better to be a deviant virgo. I'm a rebellious taurean - my fridge is never full, not into chocolate and skinny as a broomstick :P
Unread 12-15-2007, 04:43 PM

I have Uranus in 6 Leo 58', 10th house, conjunct my MC in 5 Leo 57'. However, I have always attributed my passion for Astrology to my Mercury/Saturn conjunction in Sagittarius, 2nd house cusp, trining my MC. My Sun and Ascendant are in Scorpio, and my Moon ruled by Mercury (Gemini) in the 8th house, so this helps to my interest in the subject.

Both, Mercury and Uranus, make mostly easy aspects with the other planets.
Does this make me a good astrologer? I don't know. Does all of this give me a deep interest in Astrology? Yes. Does it give me intuition, persistence and ability to dig into occult things? Yes. Does it make me extremely curious and passionate about philosophy and learning in general, and specifically Astrology? Definitely.

About Uranus, it's in trine with my Mercury/Saturn conjunction and I think it may influence my open mindedness, and my passion about computers and anything new.

Carole

Last edited by Carole; 12-15-2007 at 04:45 PM.
Unread 12-16-2007, 06:22 PM

Quote:
However, I have always attributed my passion for Astrology to my Mercury/Saturn conjunction in Sagittarius
This took my interest. I also feel that my interest in astrology has a lot to do with a conjunction of Mercury to Saturn in Libra, if not so much my interest in it, but the type of astrology that I am applied to.

Mercury conjoined with Saturn suggests a mindfulness of tradition, and Saturn, ascendant ruler, conjoined with Mercury, ruler of the fourth, also suggests a coming together of the self with history, tradition and antiquity (and yet to another school of thought, my ascendant ruler Uranus is on the ninth house side of conjunction to midheaven, which is interesting).

Mercury is within the moiety of it's orbs for a conjunction with Saturn in my horoscope, but the conjunction actually does not fulfill itself in the days after birth, due to the frustration of Mercury turning retrograde before conjunction completes. When Mercury turned direct in the progressed horoscope, to proceed to complete it's conjunction with Saturn, I began for the first time to seriously look into astrology, and I now understand why I am drawn to traditional perspectives and methods, or at least, this is part of how it is described in my chart.

I believe Fensi also has a Mercury/Saturn conjunction in Libra, and I can remember us once discussing how this relates to an interest in horary, which concerns analysing the small details (Mercury/Saturn), and weighing up the pros and cons of these observations into judgement (Libra).

How do you feel that Saturn influences the type of astrology that you pursue or are most interested in?

In whole sign houses, the Saturn/Mercury conjunction is in the ninth house of astrology, and the house is ruled by Venus, which is conjoined with Saturn by antiscion. So both natural and ninth house significator's of astrology are with Saturn. I definately have an interest in the dark side and more macabre, and this filters through into the kind of astrology that I am interested in.

In Placidus, Mars in Scorpio is the ninth house ruler, and resident in the ninth. This has a lot to do with my identity astrologically, I use the name 'Draco', meaning 'serpent, dragon or devil', a symbol of Mars in Scorpio if ever there was one. This is the name I use for all the other interests I pursue in which I embody the role of 'reader'.

The concept that some planets are 'malefic' is important to me, I feel it is a misunderstood concept, and I can't deny the sadism of the sixth, the deadliness of the eighth or the masochism of the twelfth. Indeed, Mars and Saturn are the planets I find most interesting, and everything that comes under their influence is what gets me going astrologically. My astrological interests can be somewhat morbid, not just for the Mercury/Saturn in the Placidus eighth, but for a meloncholic-choleric temperament, and Mars and Saturn having greatest power, and these both affiliated with the significators of astrology.

I collect the horoscope data for serial killers, the charts of violent criminals and psychopaths are of great interest to me. I ponder the event charts of people who have vanished without explanation, to try and unravel from the charts what became of them, be they murdered, killed accidentally, run away or being held somewhere against their will. I am fascinated with the application of astrology to crime and criminals, the concept of 'forensic astrology' appeals to me a great deal (Mercury/Saturn eighth). I have more than once on forums raised the concept of 'mortal charts'. Supposing that we have an afterlife, and the moment of death embodies the moment of 'birth' into that afterlife, then what does the chart tell us about it?

With Mercury conjoined with Saturn, I find that my reading material has always been touched by Saturn, be it old and traditional, occult, concerning crime, death or horror, the sacred or ancient, harrowing, tragic or very deep.

Uranus on the midheaven (and to some, ruling the ascendant), would seem to be a good thing if Uranus is associated with astrology, but why would it be so?

I feel that Mercury and it's contacts, and the ruler and occupants of the ninth describe a persons astrological path.
Unread 12-16-2007, 10:10 PM
Banned

Hi Draco,

Just for clarity, is there any chance of seeing your chart......somehow I thought you were a pisces asc.........from reading past threads.

Liquid Green
Unread 12-16-2007, 10:42 PM

Sure.

I used to think I was Pisces rising. I cast my chart from the tme my mother had given me for my birth which was 18.00, but I never trusted this as it sounded rounded off to me, and I couldn't be sure by just far off it was. I had the strong notion that I ought to be Pisces rising, and settled on Pisces 10 as the degree I was most comfortable with. I later just used the 18.00 time and accepted my Aquarius ascendant when I looked into it more and noticed interesting transits in early Aquarius impacting upon my life.

As it turns out, thanks to the help of 'cosmic ordering', I found a record of my birth time, a plastic identity tag I had worn around my wrist in hospital after birth. It featured my name, the date, and the time, '5.56pm', which is just four minutes short of my mother's quote, must be my birth time.

About cosmic ordering - this was the first time I had ever tried this, and I wasn't even trying hard, and two days later I found confirmation of an exact time that I had wished for for years.

It's funny how I had at one time settled on a chart cast for the Pisces 10 ascendant. As it turned out my pre-natal lunation was a full Moon, at Pisces 10, which marks my natal equitorial ascendant (anti-vertex). It interests me that despite my intuitive inclination as to my ascendant was incorrect, but I had correctly intuited my equitorial ascendant.
Unread 12-16-2007, 11:22 PM
Banned

Thanks....... the talk of your chart made no sense with the other time of birth.( i had seen 7.05 on some of your threads!?) I was wondering where I had gone wrong......in my infancy in this subject, i often need to SEE the chart...to understand....so often look for the chart if i can. Thanks......makes sense now

I have never heard that the anti vertex is the equitorial ascendent......and have ignored talk of such things, as i believe i have more important things to be concentrating on learning, but its interesting that you have intuitively connected to it, despite it not being your asc! Sychronicity at work...........!
Unread 12-16-2007, 11:27 PM

Interesting chart Draco, I would say that Merc-Sat-Plut have got something to do with your astrology work however the Mars Uranus clinches it.

best

kingsley
Unread 12-17-2007, 09:23 AM

Draco wrote:
Quote:
This took my interest. I also feel that my interest in astrology has a lot to do with a conjunction of Mercury to Saturn in Libra, if not so much my interest in it, but the type of astrology that I am applied to.
Saturn strongly influences your Mercury making it focus on conventional, traditional issues in a serious fashion. It gives you a disciplined mind, being Mercury well placed in Libra and your exalted Saturn undoubtedly influences it, since the best saturnine qualities are shown with the exaltation.

I think that this marked inclination you have towards traditional methods can be also the result of your Mercury concentrating its energy in whatever subject you happen to be interested in. It makes only one aspect (conjunct Saturn) so there is no much energy diffused here. This energy may be focused in those issues covered by the 8th house, and with all that Saturnian and Martian influence in your chart, it's more than logical that you feel so attracted and fascinated by mystery and death related subjects, and of course, Astrology, as you have Mars in Scorpio in the 9th.

Quote:
How do you feel that Saturn influences the type of astrology that you pursue or are most interested in?
Saturn imbues my Mercury with seriousness and a preference for tradition and anything that has a history. My approach to Astrology is basically traditional, but at the same time, I feel this need to explore new methods and views that can enrich my experience, once I have tested them and seen if they work. Saturn pulls back and Jupiter wants to explore.

I am interested in Astrology as a whole, but Natal and Medical are the branches to which I have devoted more time and study and, lately, Horary. Saturn conjunct Mercury grants an investigative, detectivesque mind that helps a lot to unravel the complexities and numerous details of a natal, medical or horary chart.

I also feel a morbid attraction to matters related to death, and like anything that suggests mystery, creates suspense or it's truly frightening (all of this Saturnine). To be able to determine the cause of someone's death has always been a very appealing idea to me and I remember to have watched, long time ago and every week of God, some T.V. serial called Quincy about a forensic doctor's work. Scorpio's influence I think.

Quote:
Uranus on the midheaven (and to some, ruling the ascendant), would seem to be a good thing if Uranus is associated with astrology, but why would it be so?
I haven't found a reason for the association of Uranus to Astrology yet. Instead, I associate it with electricity, high technology, etc. but I am open to the idea that not only Uranus but the two other outer planets may exert some influence somehow. I wouldn't ever dismiss the traditional astrological ways because doing it would be insane. After all, they are backed up by an impressive amount of experience and knowledge, and it's efectiveness and accuracy has been proven through centuries.

Even if I know I can play safe with traditional astrology, I think it's healthy to have an open mind when testing modern theories instead of closing ourselves off to the possibilities that could be as infinite as the universe. What if, as Paul Von Ward (a Cosmologist and Independent Scholar) states, modern discoveries are often re-discoveries?

If that were true then we could properly call Uranus on the MC "the mark of the Astrologer", as someone said in some astrology book I read once.

Carole

Last edited by Carole; 12-17-2007 at 04:03 PM.
Unread 12-17-2007, 10:00 AM
Banned

I have just re read this thread and i want to add something......I dont think I am a good astrologer, but i have an interest.....I only know about 5% of what the majority of you know.....basically i wanted to see if I could have potential,( if i studied), by finding out what you all thought attributed to a good astrolger (obviously that statement in itself suggests i am no natural)
I just wanted to clear that up. I understand where i am on the scale here!
Unread 12-17-2007, 09:16 PM

Draco, your post about Saturn-Mercury got my interest. I never really gave it much thought. Apart from the Moon-Uranus-Mars (Asc.ruler) Yod in my chart I described above, I have also a Saturn-Mercury totally exact square and Mercury is the ruler of my eight in the 6th in Taurus. Saturn is in 9 in Leo. After reading about your interest in morbid things, I suddenly understood why I also have that (but maybe also because of all that Plutonian stuff in my chart. My most favorite TV films are "Waking the death" and "Silent Witness", both dealing with forensic pathology. I have an ordner ONLY for morbid cases: suicide, murder, you name it. My sudden extreme fascination with horary astrology is probably also coming from this. I find natal astrology almost boring compared to horary! Saturn is in his own term in Leo.(2°) and Merc. in term of Venus, also 2°. It is interesting to see that your Saturn is the ruler of your 12th, conjunct the ruler of the 4th and Mercury in Mutual Reception with the ruler of the 8th. So all the intuitive houses combined. I think that (modern) Pluto conjunct your Saturn also helps creating this morbid interest you mentioned.
Cheers, Starlink
Unread 01-06-2008, 01:06 AM

I have read in many astrology books that there is usually two types of people in the world of astrology: Neptunian and Uranian. I personally am Neptune type. I think that both types can become extremely well known and liked astrologers, but it might be that their approach would be little different. Neptune persons could be more like the feeling types, who get "wibes" from charts, feel the persons life within themselves and so on. Uranian type then could be maybe someone who has more like intellectual and "I am so interested in this, so that's why I am doing this" -kinda thing with their astrology. Neptune type would be more like "I just feel that this is what I am supposed to do" -type.
Unread 01-06-2008, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebenia
I have read in many astrology books that there is usually two types of people in the world of astrology: Neptunian and Uranian. I personally am Neptune type. I think that both types can become extremely well known and liked astrologers, but it might be that their approach would be little different. Neptune persons could be more like the feeling types, who get "wibes" from charts, feel the persons life within themselves and so on. Uranian type then could be maybe someone who has more like intellectual and "I am so interested in this, so that's why I am doing this" -kinda thing with their astrology. Neptune type would be more like "I just feel that this is what I am supposed to do" -type.
The problem, as I see it, is that there are so many different reasons for doing astrology—or using it.

For one thing, the more I learn about traditional astrology, the more I'm convinced that those who specialize in horary work are much more structured and logical about their approach to astrology.

We could ask ourselves, for instance, what aspects would be best for people who are famous. This may or may not bring up a list of astrologers who are incredibly good, accurate, etc. It MIGHT only bring up people who make a lot of money.

I've never used your terms of Neptunian or Uranian, but I think I understand what you're getting at. Using your own definitions, I think I am a blend of both.

Gaer

Voltaire: "Tout est pour le mieux dans le meilleur des mondes."
Unread 01-06-2008, 03:44 AM

I have been studying astrology for 2 years now. I have Pisces sun, moon, mercury all in the 6th. My MC in Cancer, Libra rising which esoterically is ruled by Uranus, My 9th House cusp in gemini ruled by Mercury, Uranus, jupiter, South node & pluto all conjunct 12th house. I hope to become a qualified astrologer, do you think I have what it takes ?
Unread 01-06-2008, 05:18 AM

Liquid Green:

This is the first time I read this post.

I have Uranus/Pluto in Virgo conj Midhaven.
Mercury is in Gemini conj Sun in Taurus
My moon is in the 9th house-Leo
12th house Neptune in Scorpio (its nice to be home)

I still have my first astrology book from when I was 10 years old.

I don’t consider myself an astrologer. I put a lot of weight into the birth chart but I am still fuzzy and question the predictive aspects to Astrology.

My Aunt Lois was incredible at astrology. She saved a mans life once by telling him that she saw a stomach aliment in his chart and that he should go to the doctor right away.
She was also a secretary for the Federal Government and Ronald Regan called her desk once and she put him on hold for a while. I guess she got some slack for that. She was a Sagittarius Lady so she treated everyone the same.

I am at awe with the knowledge from the individuals on this site. I love reading others input and I always learn something. I get lost in the read and next thing I know its midnight and I have a 2 year old to care for in the early A.M…like now. –nite!

-De

Last edited by deanna; 01-06-2008 at 05:36 AM.
Unread 01-06-2008, 05:30 AM
Banned

I like your Aunt Lois......LOL! putting Reagan on hold......bet she has more laughs than memories of getting some slack!
I have decided that the uranus conj is a sign, but doubt it is the only sign of an astrologer....when uranus is in the 10th i believe it has to do with UNUSUAL occupations.....but the conjunction seems spot on for some.
seems like the art is in your blood hey?

Last edited by wilsontc; 01-06-2008 at 06:02 AM.

Tags
aspects, astrologers, point