Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Aspects & configurations

Aspects & configurations Discuss here about natal chart aspects and configurations.

Unread 05-26-2013, 11:59 PM

Re: Defy aging? Which sign aspects look the youngest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyyyyyyy View Post
I think Gemini Rising, for sure.
I know plenty of virgos who look older actually.

I look younger and hear it often. However, I think it also has to do with my efforts. I take anti-aging very seriously - probably mostly because of my Leo sun. I also prefer to look more innocent than sexy. All of my planets except Jupiter aspect my ascendant. (taurus moon opp asc by 20 mins and leo sq asc by 1 minute)
i have my chart ruler in my 12th so i think this could be why i like to keep a "harder" appearance hidden.
I agree that there is a certain youthfulness associated with Gemini. Naturally the sign that Merc is in would color it. By that I mean that Merc in Gemini might look younger than a Gemini Asc ruled by say Merc in Scorpio or Taurus.

I don't think that Virgos look young in their youth, but they often do look fresher and more youthful when they are older, like past midlife. They can really age well. Especially if Virgo Asc is ruled by Merc in Gemini, for example.

"You gotta have heart..." Richard Adler 1921-2012
The Following User Says Thank You to IleneK For This Useful Post:
Unread 05-27-2013, 10:58 PM
may28gemini

Yes, I've noticed Virgo Asc people look like their age or older when they're young (like before 35 yrs old or so) but when they get older, it seems like time stops for them and then they'll be considered younger looking.

I think Venus on the Asc or Venus based Asc can be age defying because of emphasis on appearance. Jupiter 1st house/on AC can be age defying as well because of jolliness- laughter is the best medicine.
Unread 05-27-2013, 11:00 PM
may28gemini

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
I'm 71. All my friends say I don't look a day over 30. I'm an Aquarius.
All my friends are liars.
Are they Geminis? If they are, you've got some good allies. If we lie to spare feelings for someone, we really like the person.
Unread 05-28-2013, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
I'm 71. All my friends say I don't look a day over 30. I'm an Aquarius.
All my friends are liars.
No, they are not. They just really, really love you
The Following User Says Thank You to chris10 For This Useful Post:
greybeard (05-28-2013)
Unread 05-28-2013, 12:03 PM

I know a virgo sun who is 52 and everyone thinks she is 25. Until she starts yelling like an old lady. My loveable aunty. She's got sun ontop of pluto in virgo, mercury virgo and an unaspected mars and some capricorn planets.

Last edited by capleo2scorpio; 05-28-2013 at 12:06 PM.
Unread 05-29-2013, 06:05 AM

Gemini is a typically youthful sign so a well aspected Mercury and in the 1st house could help. A well aspected sun and Jupiter. Venus can give a good complexion and especially if connected to the 1st house. there are many scenarios. Being health conscious and exercising helps and that can be the domain of the 6th house as well.
Unread 05-29-2013, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capleo2scorpio View Post
I know a virgo sun who is 52 and everyone thinks she is 25. Until she starts yelling like an old lady. My loveable aunty. She's got sun ontop of pluto in virgo, mercury virgo and an unaspected mars and some capricorn planets.
I dont use Pluto but the MErcury in Virgo and the sun would be the main indicator of youthfulness. They are often nervous and can burn off any excess weight as long as they dont succumb to smoking to steady the nerves.
Unread 06-11-2013, 04:40 AM

I think it is Gemini people who are the youngest at heart. Usually when you feel younger you look younger so someone with a strong Gemini influence may seem to defy aging more than average.
The Following User Says Thank You to astro11 For This Useful Post:
Unread 06-20-2013, 10:00 PM

I'm in the minority here, but as I'm told often that I look young for my age... I'll go with Capricorn asc.
It's not just that I'm told I look younger now (27) but when I was 13 I was told I looked a lot older.... I've actually read somewherer that capricorns look older when they're young and look younger when they grow old. y'know, in the same the way wine maturing makes it more better/tasty?
I think the "mechanism" behind it, so to speak, is that capricorn, and saturn-related aspects, are very durable and have this sustainable ability to them that prevents them from burning out very fast and show life's turmoils on their faces. Capricorn is also related to skin so a postive aspect to the ascendant will make you glow :-) On the other hand, since we are talking about saturn, the ruler of time, it could also appear very old.... maybe it depends on aspects to it as well. I've got sun sextile the asc and pluto trines it (albeit in a wider orb)

Other things in a chart that could mean aging well:
- a gemini ascendant=fountain of youth
- aries and leo ascendant= aries is the baby of astrology, filled with vigor vitality and leo relates to the heart so maybe that encourages a healthier condition, which in turn, helps with a youthful appearance
- virgo sun, moon well aspected to mercury and any good aspects to the 6th house= excellent diet regime and health

Last edited by Lucid; 06-20-2013 at 10:03 PM.
Unread 06-20-2013, 11:27 PM

I have many planets in Virgo. I am 63 but can easily pass for 40 something.

Blessings
Unread 06-22-2013, 04:11 AM
may28gemini

I think there's a misconception about Capricorn Asc and Saturn on the AC. I don't think the native actually gets "younger" as they grow older. Age doesn't work that way in the real world. It's that time stopped for those people earlier, so as they're getting older in age, it seems like they look "younger." Saturn is the ruler of time and timelessness; "classic." The word classic carries the connotation of surpassing time barriers and being relevant longer. When time stops, technically, you don't get "younger," you just stopped aging.

I don't know about Cap Asc people because I've only ever met one (as far as I know). This person is a friend and she's 24-year-old (young) Gemini Sun with 4 planet Gemini stellium (abundant youthful positions) and have Cap Saturn on the Asc. She doesn't look "old" for her age, but she doesn't look "younger" than her age either. I've known her since she was 20 and for the most part, she's only aged slightly. But if you think about it, she's still very young so there's no way for me to tell at this point. Maybe when she's 40 and I see her again, then I can say with accuracy, "Oh looks like the clock stopped for at 25 years old."

I have Libra Saturn on the Asc and for the most part, I've aged very little. It's true that when I was about 21 and under, I looked "older" than my age. I showed a school picture of me at barely 5 years old to my co-workers who had known me for nearly 3 years and they all thought I looked like I was 12 or 13. Now at 32, people see me at being 20-22 years old. My skin is still very smooth, I exercise regularly, I haven't eaten meat in many years, I wear clothes in Junior sizes, and most of all, I have an "immature" sense of humor where it makes it easier for me to relate to people who are either much younger than me (like in their teens) so people think I blend in with them, or mesh well with those who are much older (like in their 50s+) to where the vast age difference makes my youthfulness more prominent. As for people around my age, I have very little in common with and find it boring/tedious to be around them or even to converse with them. The basic is, that I didn't get "younger," I just stopped aging sometime around 21/22 (at least for now HAHAHA), but my age has exceeded my looks by a decade.

Last edited by may28gemini; 06-22-2013 at 06:17 AM.
Unread 06-22-2013, 10:48 PM

Virgo Rising/and Virgo Dwad - due to the fact that the planet that governs that sign is completely destroyed.
Unread 06-22-2013, 10:55 PM

Im 42 and others never believe it! I got a cancer asc!! Sun in pisces and moon in gemini!! I dont know what contributes to my youthful looks exactly but I aint complaining!!...I do have sun and mercury trine asc however!!! Im seeing the mercury/gem connection here!!!
SuperNatural6891 (08-28-2016)
Unread 06-22-2013, 11:06 PM

Quote:
...I've noticed Virgo Asc people look like their age or older when they're young ...but when they get older, it seems like time stops for them and then they'll be considered younger looking.
So far, true.

Maybe a Gem. MC can also add to it...
Unread 06-24-2013, 11:42 PM

Astrologer Bob Marks and I both agree, the answers is Juno conjunct ASC.
Unread 06-25-2013, 02:03 AM

those with Gemini and Virgo can typically be youthful as well as a good Mercury aspecting the ascendant and having basic good genes and health of course. Venus well aspected can give a great complexion and those with Taurus and Libra influences. The typical ageing effects are too much sun, alcohol and nicotine. Bad diet and too little hydration. Many factors.
Unread 06-25-2013, 02:35 AM

I've got the opposite, Capricorn Ascendant with Saturn and Neptune conjunct, makes you look older than you are. At least for me it does.
Unread 06-27-2013, 06:59 PM

I am 31 and most people think I'm around 25. I know that's not a huge difference, but it's a big enough difference for me! Most people are shocked when I tell them my age. I also have a very energetic and playful personality so I think that aids to it.

I've read that Cap rising causes you to look younger as you age.. or maybe just stop aging would be the best way to put it. I have a Cap ASC and Venus (in my 1st house). I also have a lot of Libra in my chart (dominant sign).

Everyone keeps mentioning Gemini.. perhaps it's my Moon then?

Last edited by anjelik; 06-27-2013 at 07:03 PM. Reason: My moon!
Unread 09-20-2013, 11:02 AM

If any sign and planet has to do with reverse ageing, it has to be Capricorn and Saturn..

Saturn blesses the native with looks far younger than the actual age - maybe some reward/compensation for the trails and tests that he puts on the chart owner..

I look atleast a decade younger than my age - Sun in Capricorn, Saturn in Gemini, Cancer Ascendant, Piscean Moon, Venus in Aquarius (traditionally even Aquarius is ruled by Saturn)..
Unread 09-29-2013, 03:47 PM

Magickally, earth element rules the aging process, people can absorb earth energy to help stop aging :V

I'm going with earth signs+ mercury involvements
Unread 10-03-2013, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucid View Post
I'm in the minority here, but as I'm told often that I look young for my age... I'll go with Capricorn asc.
It's not just that I'm told I look younger now (27) but when I was 13 I was told I looked a lot older.... I've actually read somewherer that capricorns look older when they're young and look younger when they grow old. y'know, in the same the way wine maturing makes it more better/tasty?
I think the "mechanism" behind it, so to speak, is that capricorn, and saturn-related aspects, are very durable and have this sustainable ability to them that prevents them from burning out very fast and show life's turmoils on their faces. Capricorn is also related to skin so a postive aspect to the ascendant will make you glow :-) On the other hand, since we are talking about saturn, the ruler of time, it could also appear very old.... maybe it depends on aspects to it as well. I've got sun sextile the asc and pluto trines it (albeit in a wider orb)

Other things in a chart that could mean aging well:
- a gemini ascendant=fountain of youth
- aries and leo ascendant= aries is the baby of astrology, filled with vigor vitality and leo relates to the heart so maybe that encourages a healthier condition, which in turn, helps with a youthful appearance
- virgo sun, moon well aspected to mercury and any good aspects to the 6th house= excellent diet regime and health
I know this is an old thread but your post is too funny. I'm exactly like you. When I was 13 I went on the bus to buy a concession ticket and the bus driver called me a liar and made me pay full price, said I looked 20. I was so angry, till this day. Now I'm 27 like you and I get my ID checked when I go and buy cigarette and everyone thinks im underage. New people at work called me boy, I told them I'm 27, their mouths drop. Then I get hit on by 18 year old girls. lol. I'm a leo rising, sun venus Neptune stellium in Capricorn and a virgo moon. Also Saturn trine asc.

Last edited by capleo2scorpio; 10-03-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Unread 10-04-2013, 04:23 PM

I always look at what aspects are being made to the ascendant (first impressions) . I have also noticed that hard aspects to Mercury can make someone appear very child like and curious.
Mercury is the well known factor here, as in Mythology Hermes was a trickster, a real child at heart, but he was a little contrived.
It's that agile, springy mind the Gemini/Virgo traits are typical yes but also Mars plays a significant factor - someone that does not want to grow up. Mars rules first house, first house is the child, what we experience, how we first interact with the world around us.. Following the zodiac circle, seeing which planets are placed where. Sun in Mercurial houses , double whammy etc..
Someone with a Ascendant conjunct Mercury in Aries for example would perhaps come across very infantile and reckless in their approach , Whereas Sagi would show more imprudence.
Unread 10-04-2013, 04:25 PM

In regards to Saturn - people with strong Saturn often get better with age. (i.e youth does not do justice). It is often surprising the turn around in someone's appearance with Saturn/Venus or Saturn anything for that matter- Like wow! Age suits you, like a fine wine.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissScorpio For This Useful Post:
anjelik (10-04-2013), IleneK (10-04-2013)
Unread 10-25-2013, 11:44 AM

i actually now think that Juno trine my ASC is why i look younger.
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/Juno21.3.html

Last edited by yyyyyyyy; 10-25-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Unread 10-27-2013, 03:48 AM
may28gemini

I have Libra Juno tightly conjunct Libra Pluto in 1st house... but I don't think this contributes to me looking younger. I think Juno tells you what sort of partner/spouse you'd get but nothing about you or how you look. Juno is an asteroid and not a planet so anything other than conjunction to a planet probably wouldn't be strong enough to make a difference.

Last edited by may28gemini; 10-27-2013 at 03:50 AM.

Tags
aging, aspects, defy, sign, youngest