When the AC/DC rulers are conjunct

Athene

Having a highly porous personality ?

Being easely modifyed in ones ways of expression by others ?

A personality that 'doesnt exist outside' the 'we' frame ?

Living for social interaction ?

I am looking at those shots of mine, and being a Libra rising Ve/Ma in Pisces, cant but wonder am i not looking at the issue just from my own singular stellar angle :whistling: I am interested in shedding light to the bottom of this in the spirit of the broader/neutral/most general point of view.

In my case, truth is, i dont lack social skill's but, i arent really as 'social' as one may guess at first, nor do i 'crave' it especially
.... i do have Puto in 1st rising :bandit: :bandit: :bandit: :biggrin:

Any takers ? :sideways: Merci * ~

CapAquaPis

Why...yes I do have the singular Ascendant ruler/descendant detriment (the Moon=Cancer AC/Capricorn DC) conjunct the sun in Aquarius ruling Leo where my true node is located at, is my detriment right in natal Aquarius. By 5 degrees (Sun 26 deg./Moon 20-21 deg.) the mixed Solar/Lunar influence complicates my life to made me emotional (anxious, depressed, calm, irritated, melancholic and hyped up) to give & take.

:sun::moon::aquarius: = the dramatic moody personality for Aquarius: for each sign of the zodiac I give you ME!: :w00t: :smile: :sideways: :sad: :mad: :eek: :crying: :biggrin: :surprised: :innocent: :happy: :joyful:

Last edited:

tokyo.lights

I'm the reverse slightly, Aries rising and Venus&Mars conjunct(also in aries), putting my 7th house ruler in my first house. In a relationship with myself? I see no fault with that theory XD. You make an interesting point however! I have often felt I lose my identity once in a relationship. Interesting hmmm.

persephone5

Interesting. I never thought of that!

I've browsed this sight quite a lot and this is the first post that piqued my curiosity enough for me to post!

My ascendant is leo. My sun is in conjunction with uranus. I have no idea what that might mean, however, but I do find it interesting! (not the aspect, I know what that usually indicates. I meant having the ac/dc rulers in conjunction)

Naomi_Sadge

I interpret mine this way.

My primary asc ruler Jupiter conjuncts Mercury my desc ruler both in Sag in the 9th house. This suggests that my partners and I share the same interests (9th house matters) and that we are possibly from a different cultures (absolutely) but there are no issues for us to 'merge'.

However, Mercury is very weak, in detriment in Sag and in the 9th house and if this wasn't enough, it is also retrograde! Whereas I (Jupiter) am very strong and happy at home in my element however, since this very strong Jupiter rules Mercury in my chart, my partners aren't that weak...

While my partners have all been somehow connected to 9th house matters, I am definitely the strong one in the relationsip, the one that always gives them a boost. My Mercury is at 14' though, so in its own terms, therefore I don't completely 'rule' them :cool:

PisceanPallas

Account Closed
I have Pisces Rising...

Would we be considering traditional or modern rulers here?

If we are looking at the Modern Ruler, Neptune, I do have this conjunct Mercury (Virgo DC Ruler). Mercury conjunct Neptune in Sag.

I can certainly relate to the some of the things mentioned in the opening post, however I always attributed that to other things in my chart...

This idea is interesting, as I do relate to this idea of "porousness" and almost dissolving into relationships.

Athene

I interpret mine this way.

My primary asc ruler Jupiter conjuncts Mercury my desc ruler both in Sag in the 9th house. This suggests that my partners and I share the same interests (9th house matters) and that we are possibly from a different cultures (absolutely) but there are no issues for us to 'merge'.

However, Mercury is very weak, in detriment in Sag and in the 9th house and if this wasn't enough, it is also retrograde! Whereas I (Jupiter) am very strong and happy at home in my element however, since this very strong Jupiter rules Mercury in my chart, my partners aren't that weak...

While my partners have all been somehow connected to 9th house matters, I am definitely the strong one in the relationsip, the one that always gives them a boost. My Mercury is at 14' though, so in its own terms, therefore I don't completely 'rule' them :cool:

OMG you've nailed it completely !! :w00t: :lol: :lol:

Every bit of your given analysis makes sense to me *nod nod* :love:

I suppose there are other perspectives from which we could take a shot at this configuration, but from the AC/DC perspective 1st/7th - we and our partners - i think you're absolutely right :happy:

Kudos for Naomi !! :geminiimg: ~

Athene

I have Pisces Rising...

I cant really answer that for you .... there are many schools and branches of astrology favoring one system over another and we students choose respectively acording to our insight and/or liking .. Fex, i myself have from starters followed the modern rulerships .. bout i could tell you, lately i am having some second thoughts on the matter :pouty: Basically, there is a bug inherent to the system design whichever way you turn/put and take it, but let's not go there for now, better :biggrin:

As you play with your chart, you'll see what has more depth of insight 4 you, more of that personal resonance .... Anyway, both systems will give you their share of informations, you weight, you see :smile: ~

Naomi_Sadge

I have Pisces Rising...

If we are looking at the Modern Ruler, Neptune, I do have this conjunct Mercury (Virgo DC Ruler). Mercury conjunct Neptune in Sag.

I can certainly relate to the some of the things mentioned in the opening post, however I always attributed that to other things in my chart...

This idea is interesting, as I do relate to this idea of "porousness" and almost dissolving into relationships.

Using the traditional rulers makes more sense to me especially when looking at dignities and debilities, but that's my own way of doing things. If I chose Neptune, I wouldn't get such a clear picture of my partners/relationships since Neptune does not aspect Mercury in my chart - although in the same sign and house. At the end of the day, you have to use what works best or makes more sense to you :smile:

Pluto and Uranus are also in my 7th so this will somehow tweak my relationships/partners but I thought I'd keep my above interpretation basic.

Athene - I am very happy you found my post helpful :love:

Athene

Hmmm I know what jyotish is. What I wanted to know is what is the meaning of angular rulers conjunction in jyotish. Why is it considered to be good. :sideways:

Oh sorry, i misundestood the question ! :pinched:

I think i answered it in my pre post, yes ? But let's wait for @Moog to double-check it :wink: ~

Moog

Oh sorry, i misundestood the question ! :pinched:

I think i answered it in my pre post, yes ? But let's wait for @Moog to double-check it :wink: ~

It's a rajayoga I believe. Angular lord (7th) meeting a kona lord (1st is a kendra and a kona)

Results depends on which planets they are, their condition, what sign/house etc.

The Dasa periods activate them.

Athene

It's a rajayoga I believe. Angular lord (7th) meeting a kona lord (1st is a kendra and a kona)

Results depends on which planets they are, their condition, what sign/house etc.

The Dasa periods activate them.

Ok @Moog thank you for the techincal details i'm researching the basis as of it now :wink: ~

Now generally, i noticed that you jyotish folks have a tendency to extend all on the technical side (assuming?) your informations are transpearent to everybody .. which in the case of us who arent initiated in this branch, they arent, the least :biggrin: We would still need some clarifications here .. :ninja:

From your answer, i have understood the following, please correct me if i'm wrong :

~ *raj/raja means "king" "kingly" "kingship" "royal" implying a major dignity of condition

~ by the means of the rulerships in question and the atribute of the yoga, i conclude the vedists interpret this configuration as of having the 1st kona/kendra lord needs and relevance (which rapresents the native) noticed recognized and met by the 7th lord as their very own, thus achieving great support as the basis on which this yoga is favorable ?

? :sideways: ~

Moog

Ok @Moog thank you for the techincal details i'm researching the basis as of it now :wink: ~

Now generally, i noticed that you jyotish folks have a tendency to extend all on the technical side (assuming?) your informations are transpearent to everybody .. which in the case of us who arent initiated in this branch, they arent, the least :biggrin: We would still need some clarifications here .. :ninja:

From your answer, i have understood the following, please correct me if i'm wrong :

~ *raj/raja means "king" "kingly" "kingship" "royal" implying a major dignity of condition

~ by the means of the rulerships in question and the atribute of the yoga, i conclude the vedists interpret this configuration as of having the 1st kona/kendra lord needs and relevance (which rapresents the native) noticed recognized and met by the 7th lord as their very own, thus achieving great support as the basis on which this yoga is favorable ?

? :sideways: ~

You're right, I'm really much more of a technical astrologer. I see the patterns but turning them into something that makes sense to others is quite another story.

Yes, I think you're about bang on there. I had to read twice slowly, but that makes sense. I believe that the idea is that in acting together they can pool their efforts to accomplish more than would be the case if working in isolation.

Athene

You're right, I'm really much more of a technical astrologer. I see the patterns but turning them into something that makes sense to others is quite another story.
I wasnt trying to imply that's there something wrong with that, please dont take it that way ! I myself am fex very abstract in my approach and dont like to rush conclusions .. we are talking with and listening to the stars and other heavenly bodies here .... it's really no small matter discerning and understanding their language correctly. It takes effort, patiece, focus, and so much, much more :joyful:

Yes, I think you're about bang on there. I had to read twice slowly, but that makes sense. I believe that the idea is that in acting together they can pool their efforts to accomplish more than would be the case if working in isolation.
You shall excuse my poor english skills if i wasnt as understandable there as i should've been .. (Btw i noticed i've been greatly sensitized to my shortcomings with engl. lang. from this rx Merc to Pisces period :pouty:) What i was trying was to remain within the vedic frame of reference so we wouldnt lost eachother again in the terminology 'translation' .. but we did, all the more :biggrin:

Yes the main premise would be "sinergy of the lords", the western and the indian both seem's to concord on this from the "universal" angle. Though the indian seems to favor geting down on it much more 'personal' .. 1st-lord-being-elevated-by-the-7th-style, not vise versa .. But i suppose that's just cultural demagogy transparing :sideways: :joyful: ~