Ascendant Sign Descriptions

cocoloco

I'm Pisces rising too. I have the typical Pisces looks, big eyes, full bottom lip, dark blond hair, soft features and unfortunately for me, the double chin when overweight. :whistling:

I'm curious though on what influence my sun in the first house has on my looks. How would my Sun conjunct Ascendant change my looks?

My chart ruler Neptune is also in Sagittarius, like PisceanPallas. It will be interesting to follow any comments made to her too.

Interesting! I have Pisces sun and a lot of Pisces in my chart and I do have the big eyes, fuller bottom lips and soft features. I also tend to get double chin when I gain weight. :whistling:

kakasya

Oh right, I read further....
So you're just going to disregard the asc position because the faces don't fit. What makes you think they should fit at all? No wonder scientists want nothing to do with us.

Kannon

Oprah is not a Leo and your president is not a Capricorn.

How can no-one have spotted that?

The 26LEO55 chart for Oprah was done by Shaun Barry and I admit I was and still am skeptical, but trusted his work. I should confirm it for myself. Oprah's 'from memory' quote cannot be taken only at face value. My own impression of Oprah was of a cardinal Asc/1st house, which would include the possibility of Sag rising with Capricorn intercepted. Upon looking at pictures from when she was a child, I have to prefer this (mutable and/or cardinal Asc/1st house) over any fixed sign Asc. And, in fact, I am removing her as an example of Leo rising.

However, Pres Obama is definitely Capricorn rising. Research into Incarn astrology and the work of John Willner, Fred Bickum and you will see this.

Oh right, I read further....
So you're just going to disregard the asc position because the faces don't fit. What makes you think they should fit at all? No wonder scientists want nothing to do with us.

What "Ascendant?" An exact point in the sky that sets the entire horoscope and upon which accurate interpretation rests and determined by 'from memory' quotes by the person who was in the process of being born and cannot possibly recall it?

Each horoscope's Ascendant/1st expresses the Aries principle unique to that person. Aries = head. If you study this in-depth you will see that not only can this be used to confirm an Asc sign, but to eliminate it. The Ascendant is always hinged to the moment of physical birth but is not determined by it alone.

Kannon

Ok, i am confused with guessing this person asc now... Not sure which cardinal sign his asc would be... can experts pls help!!! :crying:

Images below:

For yr info: his a sun in taurus.

I wouldn't know either, since I don't know him. If you do, you're the one who most likely can figure it out based on the descriptions. Rarely can photos alone allow me or anyone to determine the exact sign. He probably does have a cardinal sign on the Asc, but I can't even say that for certain based on these pics.

DOVES38

[i am a capricorn rising by traditional standards of astrology. I am serious looking ( alot of people think i either angry or look depressed and alot of times i am not .However I do get depress at times but i am very serious . what do you think . my saturn ( chart ruler ) is in my fifth house (lovers ,partners etc)

MantisReligiosa

I am a Virgo Rising and I always felt like the description doesn't quite suit me..but I do have Sun and Venus opposite my AC, both at a 3 degree orb..so maybe that influences things, a bit?

here are some pics where you can clearly see the shape of my face:

http://www.tribe.net/template/pub,P...a-4c22-81da-b5466dce3b79&altText=black-classy

http://www.tribe.net/template/pub,P...-d83b8cef9a1b&altText=old bathroom mirror pic

http://www.tribe.net/template/pub,P...06763dd1&altText=the jaws and cheekbones-omfg

I have never been slender, either. I am short and stocky, rather.

Amy Vir Sn Ari Mn Pis Ris

I don't think you have the typical virgo rising face shape. But remember that ANYTHING that aspects your rising has influence. Also remember that Virgo is ruled by Mercury so what sign is your Mercury in?

Yes you're right that those signs opposite your rising will aspect it and have a bearing.

Check out astrofaces and find your rows. First you pick your sun sign and then moon and rising.

http://www.astrofaces.com/astrofaces/index.html

Pick the sun from the top and your moon from the left and then the risings are in order.

Kannon

I am a Virgo Rising and I always felt like the description doesn't quite suit me..but I do have Sun and Venus opposite my AC, both at a 3 degree orb..so maybe that influences things, a bit?

here are some pics where you can clearly see the shape of my face:

I have never been slender, either. I am short and stocky, rather.

It would help to see your chart since that's what this is all about.

But it sounds and looks like you're really Leo rising. Pics can be tricky, but from the first one, it looks like your face is more rectangular than a double-mutable sign (Virgo-Pisces would give a slender/longish/tapering, even v-shaped face.) Rectangular faces with stocky bodies are almost always fixed Asc people. You may not fit the full-blown Leo rising description either since Sun is in Pisces. Its about what fits better. Leo is outward-directed, positive polarity. Virgo rising would mean you'd be very much the introvert, but still a people person and very likable with Sun-Venus angular that way.

MantisReligiosa

It would help to see your chart since that's what this is all about.

But it sounds and looks like you're really Leo rising. Pics can be tricky, but from the first one, it looks like your face is more rectangular than a double-mutable sign (Virgo-Pisces would give a slender/longish/tapering, even v-shaped face.) Rectangular faces with stocky bodies are almost always fixed Asc people. You may not fit the full-blown Leo rising description either since Sun is in Pisces. Its about what fits better. Leo is outward-directed, positive polarity. Virgo rising would mean you'd be very much the introvert, but still a people person and very likable with Sun-Venus angular that way.

No, I am definitely a Virgo Rising..in Tropical.I know my exact hour of birth, as registered at the maternity ward.
But I have been checking both Tropical and Sidereal for the past 2 years. In Tropical, all my chart is in Mutable signs(almost), and in Sidereal, all my chart is fixed.

here is my Tropical/whole Sign chart:

http://www.tribe.net/template/pub,P...ext=My astro-chart in whole sign house system

Either way you look at it, my chart is either devoid or almost devoid of Fire, which might explain my lack of enthusiasm and lack of interest in sports..
I do have a pretty robust build, although being short..I am 158 cm tall(5'2'') but broad shouldered, and all that.

I have been more inclined to take Sidereal as the one because I have a stellium in Taurus which explains my love of comfort and need for physical security..although I have always had an interest in travels, I always experienced a lot of discomfort about it.
And I am generally regarded as very stubborn and..well, lazy/complacent.
Oh, and I have been overweight my entire life, almost..Moon conjunct Jupiter in Taurus seems more fitting to describe that.

Although I have suffered from anxiety before..in fact, come to think of it, most of my anxiety came around times when I felt forced to change, and didn't want to. So, yeah, I tend to look at both Sidereal and Tropical.

I don't know if I would call myself a people person. I was very not popular in high school, for instance.
I think I can charm quite easily, but only when I rely on first impressions..once they get past that, people usually lose interest..:unsure:

Kannon

Mantis,

The discrepancy you are experiencing between what you know about yourself and what your chart says about you will not be solved by comparing different systems of astrology. (If you are going to use sidereal, then just switch to Vedic interpretation. Tropical zodiac interpretation of a sidereal chart is not valid). The problem is simply a matter of finding the correct Asc degree in the tropical system. Some of my clients have had certified birth times that were hours off according to multiple witnesses in agreement. Don't take the time on the certificate literally. You can't be both certain that you are Virgo rising because that's what the time of record suggests, yet be sure that the description of the sign doesn't fit you. YOU know yourself and if the description of the sign doesn't quite fit, that's because it isn't the correct one!

My program is running a bit hot and giving me trouble, but I'll run your data later - Thank You for posting your chart with birth data intact - and get back with you on the results. You describe a fixed sign on the Asc - its probably either Leo or Scorpio. There are ways for you to verify it for yourself using simple notations on your calender for transits (Sun, Mars, etc) across the degrees in question.

SagiCap

Kannon - you said:
You describe a fixed sign on the Asc - its probably either Leo or Scorpio. There are ways for you to verify it for yourself using simple notations on your calender for transits (Sun, Mars, etc) across the degrees in question.

If its not too much trouble - sometime can you describe this simple method? I think I have an idea, just want to learn more. Thanks!

fufuangeli

Well, I don't know about the squareish part... My body is actually quite slender, though my legs are athelitc and strong, not girly looking at all... I guess It's because Aquarius rules the legs. I am a Capricorn rising in vedic astorlogy, but an Aqua in wester, so it's kind of confusing. I've been told I have capricorn features (slim body, evilish grin, sharp features) as well as aquarian ones (strong legs, odd appearence, now that I notice, I do have a face with a slighly rectangula frame...) I behave like an Aqua rising around strangers though, so I guess i'll stick with aqua rising. :)

MantisReligiosa

Mantis,

The discrepancy you are experiencing between what you know about yourself and what your chart says about you will not be solved by comparing different systems of astrology. (If you are going to use sidereal, then just switch to Vedic interpretation. Tropical zodiac interpretation of a sidereal chart is not valid). The problem is simply a matter of finding the correct Asc degree in the tropical system. Some of my clients have had certified birth times that were hours off according to multiple witnesses in agreement. Don't take the time on the certificate literally. You can't be both certain that you are Virgo rising because that's what the time of record suggests, yet be sure that the description of the sign doesn't fit you. YOU know yourself and if the description of the sign doesn't quite fit, that's because it isn't the correct one!

My program is running a bit hot and giving me trouble, but I'll run your data later - Thank You for posting your chart with birth data intact - and get back with you on the results. You describe a fixed sign on the Asc - its probably either Leo or Scorpio. There are ways for you to verify it for yourself using simple notations on your calender for transits (Sun, Mars, etc) across the degrees in question.

Well I have witnesses who said I was definitely born by 6:30 pm, and my official time of birth is 6:20..so not far off.
And my mother told me there was a nurse there who wrote the time down almost immediately, so definitely not "hours off".
I think I do have some typical Virgo Rising traits, like looking like a bit of an old maid(I usually wear glasses), fussy, worrying excessively, liking order and neatness, admiring, at least, if not doing fine handy work and stuff.
Especially that my Rising is in the Cap Decanate-I often got told I look nerdy and serious, and even now I do.
And I am also very brainy and actually have never had a boyfriend, or kissed anyone by this age(22), which also resonates a lot with typical Virgo "eww" philosophy with regards to sex and relationships.:innocent:
Also, despite the fact that I normally don't agree with using astrology to explain medical problems, I have had a major depressive episode that lasted a few years, during which I basically stopped living, and even had thoughts of suicide, which, again, seems to resonate with Capricorn Decan of Virgo(excessive negativity), although I could think of other aspects that might explain it, as well..like a tight Saturn-Neptune conjunction(in the 4th house, whatsmore, if I use Placidus), or having a very stressed Mercury, making heavy squares to 3 planets, and also being debilitated by sign.

I would believe it possible that my birth hour might be 5 minutes off, though, which might put my Moon in the last degree of Taurus, instead of 1st degree Gemini..

However, aside all this, I think that my physical appearance can be explained by aspects, as well. Aspects from planets to the AC tend to give you traits of the signs they rule...so having Sun and Venus making pretty tight oppositions to my AC could explain the somewhat "fixed" traits, like wide face, squarish jaws.
A few Pisces with Virgo AC opposite their Suns include Kurt Cobain, Bruce Willis, and Sharon Stone..I think they could all pass for Leo Risings.

danashock

what about chiron??

i am a gemini rising and i have chiron conjunct my ascendant. wonder what physical traits does it give..

Carmen C

Hello here,
I was wondering, as I doubt between two charts which one could fit best to my physical appearance. I am Scorpio with Libra rising. In chart A there is only Uranus in Libra in the ASC. In chart B there is the Sun in the first house and Uranus is left in the 12th house.

SagiCap

Kannon, or anyone who knows really - how do planets posited in the first house affect appearance? I have moon in 1st, Cap-rising, have prominent cheekbones, huge eyes, full lips, yet petite features in general, though I'm tall. Where could Moon be adding it's influence (generally from your experience?) Or is it only the asc/rising?

Thanks!

lazarusx

Kannon, or anyone who knows really - how do planets posited in the first house affect appearance? I have moon in 1st, Cap-rising, have prominent cheekbones, huge eyes, full lips, yet petite features in general, though I'm tall. Where could Moon be adding it's influence (generally from your experience?) Or is it only the asc/rising?

Thanks!

I was under the impression that the planets posited within the first house would need to be conjunct the ascendant to have an effect on the physical appearance, although i could be wrong here.. i have my Moon,Jupiter and Mercury all conjunct in the 1st house but there all at least 18 degree's away from my Ascendant.. i'm curious to know this also! :)

claycassden

I'm Libra Ascending and Capricorn Sun. Yet Capricorn rising sounds JUST like me, it's exactly how I look. Libra for the most part too but I wouldn't consider myself a people person. Although people love me (i usually don't love them lol.) I do appear as a Libra I guess. But I've always been in my head. Just look at my chart. crazy.

its attached.

Attachments

• dccastrologychart.gif
    dccastrologychart.gif
    46.4 KB · Views: 60

Kannon

Thanks!

In a validated, accurate chart, this is how influence upon physical build and other physical qualities go:
1) Asc sign: Asc = Aries principle of the individual horoscope, rules head generally
2) conjunctions or Parallels to Asc
3) 1st house planets (and second sign in 1st house when Asc is 28-29 of previous sign): see rest of 1st house proceeding from Asc like the spine that runs downward from head to rest of body
4) Sun sign and conj/Parallels to Sun
5) Moon sign and conj/Parallels to Moon