New Moon August 17-18. Sabians.

piercethevale

Greetings, from renowned Sabian astrologer, Lynda Hill of Australia, and her newsletter:

"August's new Moon, happening on August 18 in Australia and August 17 in the United States has a wonderful Sabian Symbol, and a very fitting one for Leo. It's Leo 26: After A Heavy Storm, A Rainbow Appears."

It's also well to note that Mercury is conjunct the 'true' natal North Node of the date July 4, 1776. [From which date at the 'zero hour' i.e. 12:00:01 am I contend and assert is the proper time to cast a natal chart for the nation of the United States of America.] That is the 7th degree of Leo.

From the late 20th century master Astrologer, composer and author, Dane Rudhyar's book on the Sabian symbols, "An Astrological Mandala":

Leo 7* "THE CONSTELLATIONS OF STARS SHINE BRILLIANTLY IN THE NIGHT SKY.

KEYNOTE: The power of basic spiritual values which refer to man's common humanity and to all enduring archetypes

...If man projects his basic human nature upon the star-filled night sky, is it not just as logical to say that the universe projects its own forever-evolving patterns of order upon human nature? In either case we deal with archetypal factors which endure through a long series of generations. ...

...[The virtually permanent] patterns of star groups are opposed to the sequence of ever-changing fashions and social ideals. The Keyword here is PERMANENCE."

...more to follow... ptv

Last edited:

piercethevale

Saturn at this time is still in the 25th degree of Libra. [it also happens to be my 12th house cusp, Placidus, by which one is to derive their own particular answer to the world and the greatest problem facing Human society.]

Libra 25* [ibid.] "THE SIGHT OF AN AUTUMN LEAF BRINGS TO A PILGRIM THE SUDDEN REVELATION OF THE MYSTERY OF LIFE AND DEATH.

KEYNOTE: The ability to discover in every experience a transcendent or cosmic meaning.
... [At this time in the procession of Saturn, we are being given the lesson of] a new state of consciousness which is truly the spiritual state. It is a state of [and Rudhyar's "keyword" of his summation of the definition and meaning of this symbol is]
CLAIR-SEEING
, or "seeing through." This world is illusion only to the individual who cannot see through its phenomena and fails to apprehend the reality these phenomena reveal even as they conceal it."

...more to follow... ptv

piercethevale

Uranus is retrograde and still in the degree it began this retro-motion in last month at the 9th degree of Aries, the Sabian symbol for which is:[ibid]
"A CRYSTAL GAZER"

Chiron [which I, personally, have yet to be totally convinced of it as having any astrological affect at all...but I am more receptive to the idea as of this year] is in the 8th degree of Pisces. Lynda Hill's comment, from her latest newsletter on this New Moon, has this to say about Chiron:

"I see Chiron not only as 'the Wounded Healer', but also as 'the Stories We Tell Ourselves'. Maybe it's time to listen to what goes through our minds in order to see where we can head off some negative stories at the pass!"

This is also the degree for the USA progressed natal charts' ['zero hour'] Sun will be in this Nov. 6th:
Pisces 8*[from Rudhyar's book]:

"A GIRL BLOWING A BUGLE.

KEYNOTE: A call to participation in the service of the race, as an evolutionary crisis approaches.
"

The North Node at this time is in the 2nd degree of Sagittarius. The symbolism shows us what the overall meaning of todays ephemeral transits mean to Human society as a whole:

Sagittarius 2*[ibid.] "WHITE-CAPPED WAVES DISPLAY THE POWER OF WIND OVER SEA.

KEYNOTE: The mobilization of unconscious energies under the pressure of super-personal motives.

Wind and sea are in constant interplay, and the results of that interplay are inspiring and beautiful. In symbolism, the wind [Please recall, or be so informed, that the Classical Greek word for "spirit" is "pneuma"] is associated with spiritual dynamism; the stirring of deep energies this dynamism produces obeys cosmic or super-personal rhythms, the power of which is irresistible. ..."

piercethevale

And may I remind all of the next degree after Aries 9th, which is where Uranus will be next April 15th after completing its' 'Final Return to the point from which its' retrograde motion began last month, i.e. @ 08* Aries 32'. On April 15, 2013 the USA natal charts [zero hour chart, July 4, 1776] "Part of Transformation" ~ Asc. + Uranus - Mars [Which, personally, I prefer to call the "Part of Higher Intuitive Awareness of Being"] will be @ 09* Aries 30'. That is the 10th degree of Aries.

Aries 10* [ibid.] "A TEACHER GIVES NEW SYMBOLIC FORMS TO TRADITIONAL IMAGES.

KEYNOTE: Revision of attitude at the beginning of a new cycle of experience.
"

piercethevale

Also, Lynda Hill's newsletter reminds us that "Venus is on Cancer 10: A LARGE DIAMOND IN THE FIRST STAGES OF THE CUTTING PROCESS"

...and that "Mars is on Libra 27: AN AIRPLANE SAILS HIGH IN THE BRIGHT CLEAR SKY".

The USA natal chart, I'm using, has it's 'Part of Deceit' [also called the 'Part of False Love']
[Asc. + Neptune - Venus] @ 11* Cancer 40" 17" i.e. the 11th degree of Cancer...

...and that same chart has its' "Part of Distress" [Asc. + Mars - Saturn] @ 27* Libra 35', i.e. the 28th degree of Libra.

piercethevale

The event chart

Attachments

• August 2012 New Moon.jpg
    August 2012 New Moon.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Madammaha

The Sabian Symbols are one of many interpretations to the symbolic meaning of the degrees of the zodiac. I have a French book by Janduz interpreting the meaning of the 26th degree of Leo by a person who is fighting for his life by swimming in the sea desperately trying to reach the shore where there is a reversed triangle with it's highest angle down pointing to the ground, which in itself is symbolic of matter.

We can explain this in a different way, that this moon is pointing at the chaotic nature of Neptune, how it is affecting the world and the financial economical difficulties that many countries are going through, which calls for Mercury and the Virgo influence to take over.

piercethevale

The Sabian Symbols are one of many interpretations to the symbolic meaning of the degrees of the zodiac. I have a French book by Janduz interpreting the meaning of the 26th degree of Leo by a person who is fighting for his life by swimming in the sea desperately trying to reach the shore where there is a reversed triangle with it's highest angle down pointing to the ground, which in itself is symbolic of matter.

We can explain this in a different way, that this moon is pointing at the chaotic nature of Neptune, how it is affecting the world and the financial economical difficulties that many countries are going through, which calls for Mercury and the Virgo influence to take over.
That's all fine and dandy but I did originate this thread and by titling it as "Sabian" it is thus reserved exclusively for the discussion of Sabian symbology within this thread.
Why don't you start a thread on the symbols by Janduz and demonstrate their veracity to us all? What does Janduz say about the degree symbolism that Neptune is in? Does it substantiate your claim?
I have seen a few symbols within other sets that seem to have some validity.
Yet I do most certainly see it, and have repeatedly demonstrated it for all 360 of the Sabian symbols, and most especially as presented, defined and explained by Dane Rudhyar.
Take a stroll through the degree symbols forum and notice how many other threads there are on other symbol sets. In few of those I asked the originator of that thread for just such a demonstration as I have just asked of yourself.
I'm pretty sure that you'll find that not a one made a follow up post to satisfy the request.
I'm just telling it like it is, here...nothing personal, I trust you understand. ptv

Last edited:

Madammaha

When we speak about the New Moon 17-18, then the main issue here is the New Moon, although I would not want to interrupt your train of thoughts, I thought that in discussing the subject from a different angle, this would help in reaching a more solid conclusion and a better understanding of the effect of this Moon.

But since you insist on make it a Sabian Symbols Moon there is nothing more to be said.

piercethevale

Also, Lynda Hill's newsletter reminds us that "Venus is on Cancer 10: A LARGE DIAMOND IN THE FIRST STAGES OF THE CUTTING PROCESS"

...and that "Mars is on Libra 27: AN AIRPLANE SAILS HIGH IN THE BRIGHT CLEAR SKY".

The USA natal chart, I'm using, has it's 'Part of Deceit' [also called the 'Part of False Love']
[Asc. + Neptune - Venus] @ 11* Cancer 40" 17" i.e. the 11th degree of Cancer...

...and that same chart has its' "Part of Distress" [Asc. + Mars - Saturn] @ 27* Libra 35', i.e. the 28th degree of Libra.

While reviewing some old posts of mine here in the Degree Symbols forum, I noticed my gaff in the above post. Double gaff, actually, as the Part of False Love has the alternative title of Part of Corruption and not Deceit as I had written. Also it is at the given coordinates but that is the 12th deg. of Cancer and not the 11th, as I had written.

Now, bringing this post up to present understandings, I should have also noted in the above that the 12th deg. of Cancer is also the location of the nadir, the I.C., or the natal chart of the USA (The "Zero Hour" chart that I use and I have twice the faith in its legitimacy as to that I had when I first wrote the above...or to put it quite simply, I have 110% faith, or to put it in the simplest manner of all... I now find it to be "unquestionable". this is the result of another four years of study and daily use.).
In addition, in regards to bringing all up to the present level of understanding, I was able, with the help of fellow member of the forum, Phoenix Venus, and that of my friend and spiritual confidante of more than the last thirteen years, renowned clairvoyant, Clarisse Conner, have determined without a doubt that the title of "False Love" and, or, "Corruptness" is gravely erroneous. I have a recent thread on the subject that you all can read for further details but to put it briefly and succinctly the formula, Asc. + Neptune - Venus, in which Venus, the planet that is so much about Love is the "Trigger" on the combination of ones' Asc. (your awareness) and Neptune, which is the higher octave of Venus and is the planet which bestows ability to visualize and all being as such what the formula actually produces as an Astrological Part of Ideal Love or Idealized Love.

In an Astrological Part of such a nature, which is a fragile and delicate thing as the slightest of deviations renders it inert in that unless it is just as visualized it is no longer the "Ideal", in such times as there have been for the last few thousand years such an "Idealized Love" has had very little, if any, luck and been able to survive. It's not a "False Love" but rather it is your own, personal, Ideal Love but so delicate, frail and fragile in a world such as we live in that it has become taken to be a false love as so many, if not everyone, has felt they were betrayed for believing in it. Hold on tight to your dreams.

Aforementioned fellow member of this forum, Phoenix Venus, and I met up through a thread she initiated asking for opinions on musical talent and the problem of becoming accomplished if very little talent is indicated in a natal chart and obtaining the confidence one needs in order to not feel inhibited from joining in group sessions or as a soloist...that is to say playing publicly. Knowing what I do about this matter I made a rare contribution to Her thread in that I rarely stray from this particular sub-forum because it usually causes turmoil between me and the great majority of other members here. That is for the reason that the knowledge and use of the Sabian Symbols is a rare thing among astrologers and that I found Edgar Cayce's words to be true that "traditional" astrology is such a corrupted practice, comparatively to that which is genuine as, presently to be of far more harm than to be of any good to anyone. (although I have been a regular contributor to the "mundane' sub-forum since becoming convinced of the veracity of the "Zero Hour" natal chart for the U.S.A.).

The first response of mine to her was on April 9th, 2013. ...just a little more than a year after I first produced this natal chart for the U.S.A. A couple -few weeks later...around the last week of April or the first week of May, I had one of my "lucid dreams" that I do have on rare occasions and in fact was the fourth such type of dream which began about the same time of April 9th. That dream is one in which I found my self in a foreign neighborhood, lost and wondering where I was and having to go into a store to purchase a hat to protect me from the rain which had begun to fall ...and in which I pointed out to the cashier that the price she charged me for the hat and other items I had being quoted as 608 ($6.08) was in error as the hat alone was far more than that and I pointed out that 608 was the receipt number and not the total cost of all items ( I learned just a few months ago that the number 608 is of esoterica and attributed to ancient Greek sources as being a number for our Sun). Having put the hat on and exiting the store I found crossing my path a woman , petite in stature, wearing the exact same type of hat. She was a red head, somewhat "Jewish" looking in appearance and we struck up a conversation and finding that we were both walking in the same direction we walked along aside one another, chatting, until we came to an old style building that many markets used to have and it was abandoned, vacant but was obviously being remodeled. She said that it was her place now and was soon to be her place of business. We went inside and standing in the foyer I noticed a pile of debris that was large and couldn't see beyond it but the light behind it gave indication that work was in progress. Over the pile of debris was a beam stretching the width of the foyer, resting atop a column at each end, and marking its boundary. Attached to the face of the beam was a hand carved, wooden sign that said "REIKI" and the woman told me that it wold be the type of business she would be conducting from that building once the remodeling was complete. I awoke at that point.

A few days later, while in a trade of posts with member Phoenix Venus in some other thread, I mentioned the dream for some reason and she was a bit stunned as the description of the woman in my dream fit her perfectly and she had in her possession the exact same sign I had described. Hand carved, wooden, and that it was attached to the face of a beam over a pile of debris, in her fathers workshop. Her father had made it for her for the career she was planning on pursuing.
She took an interest in the Sabian Symbols and has shown a remarkable inherent talent for understanding and utilizing them and we have become good friends since then...these last three and a half years. We have found that we have a most amazing composite chart that has fantastic and mind boggling connections to the natal chart of the USA and as well to that of the chart I produced and have submitted as being the natal chart of Yeshu'a ben David aka Jesus of Nazareth.
The one subject of astrological study we have been so engrossed in, mainly because she is just so darn good at it is the study of the Astrological Parts and the rectification of their individual nomenclature.

There are a number of the degrees of the Zodiac that we share in common from our individual natal charts but one that is of particular interest to this post is that of the 24th degree of Taurus. It is the location of Her "Part of Lovers" (Mars + Venus - Cusp of the 5th House) , it just so also happens to be the location of my "Part of False Love"..which, since this thread was last addressed by me, I have found to be about 'Idealized Love'. I had developed suspicions that it was and by utilizing the talent of my clairvoyant friend, Clarisse, I found absolute reason to be convinced of it. As Clarisse confirmed my suspicions and she was so swift and assured of her perceptions as to answer me immediately without, the slightest bit of hesitation or, even the minutest bit of doubt being in evidence in her voice. I would like to point out that being such a "clear channel" as Clarisse is, I pose all questions to her in the most simple form as possible, I'm careful to not say anything that might give cause for bias and she, herself, has told me that she wants to know nothing about how astrology works as so not to pick up the slightest taint that might cause her to become biased. What I asked of Her is that I'd like to get her observation concerning an Astrological Part ...then I reminded Her what the formula for Parts is and I reviewed it as being "Personal Point" + "Significator" - "Trigger"... and then asked Her what she saw for the Part that has the formula Asc. +Neptune - Venus, and she told me that Part is about ones' ideal love, where it is to be found and what it's about.

Phoenix Venus will be travelling to California come this October. It will be her first trip West of the Mississippi River and it will be the first time we will get to meet in person. In that I am well over 34 years her senior I'm certainly not going into this meeting with romantic inclinations...that is to say that I at least won't allow myself any preconceived notions as to such.

As being the old man that I am, 63 years old, and having found over the course of the last three and a half years that we get along so grandly, that she is both quite lovely and terribly charming and possesses the keen intelligence that I found long ago to be so essential in captivating my interest as to any woman, I must admit that she may certainly well be, what I would have to identify as, a manifestation of my visualization of the "ideal love" but more than that... at my age?... a woman that is all that and so vibrantly young is a "Romantic Fantasy" as well.
Rest assured that I plan to be nothing less than a perfect gentleman during her visit and will conduct myself with the utmost regard for all matters of propriety and decency... chaperones being such a thing of the past as they are I would otherwise insist on finding one being the "old fashioned" sort of fellow inn regards to such societal customs:love: that I have always been.
She has been greatly assisting me in writing the revision of my book and we have been working on another that we plan and hope to publish in co-authorship on Astrological Parts.
I'll let you all know how the meeting went afterward.

...and, by the way...of a most curious note, the "Part of Gossip" derived from the USA's natal chart just so happens to also be located in the 24th degree of Taurus... :pinched: Note on Sept. 27, 2016. That is an error, as my memory does fail me on occasion, but I do remember that Part, or a Part of similar nature, being derived from one of the many charts I have in my files that is associated with the USA, which is likely a composite... I'll figure it out eventually but I did notice tonight, while trying to solve this mystery, that my natal chart in composite with the USA's natal chart has Venus conj. this same degree. Which means that when I identify myself as an American (a Yank) my Venus qualities are one and the same as my own personal "Ideal love"... which I figure can only be interpreted as to say that I love my country dearly, at least that as it was in the beginning. It is a bit of a rocky love affair at the present.

...And so now, as I have given you all the rectified title and definition of this Part, I now recognize as being the "Part of Ideal Love", and the long winded version of the story behind that process ...which I hope no one found to be too inappropriate? Let me proceed to reveal to all of you that are unfamiliar with the natal chart of the USA and the Sabian Symbol for its' nadir, which is symbolically the "WHY" of a natal chart axis interpretation in as regards to its "spiritual evolution" and, or, the "HOW" of the same for matters pertaining to the mundane, which also just happens to be the Part of Ideal, or Idealized, Love for those of us , in society as that of the USA.

From Dane Rudhyar's book on the Sabian Symbols, "An Astrological Mandala: The Cycle of Transformations and Its 360 Symbolic Phases." the Sabian Symbol for the USA's natal 'Part of Ideal, or Idealized, Love' is given as:

"CANCER 12°: A CHINESE WOMAN NURSING A BABY WHOSE AURA REVEALS HIM TO BE THE REINCARNATION OF A GREAT TEACHER.

KEYNOTE:
The revelation of latent worth in an experience once it is seen in its deeper meaning.

In contrast to the 'clown' symbol, (the Sabian Symbol for Cancer 11* - ptv) which shows us man’s capacity to criticize and laugh at his superficial mannerisms and automatic habits or gestures, we now have a symbol which demands that we look beyond common appearances and try to discover the 'occult' (i.e. hidden) character of every person and every experience. This symbol has been unduly glamorized: there is no particular reference here to an avatar or messiah, except in the sense that every man is potentially the avatar or manifestation of a Soul that has a definite and relatively unique function in the vast field of activity we call the Earth. To discover this occult potential of being, one requires a deeper or higher 'vision', a holistic perception — which is usually, but not always justifiably, called clairvoyance. The caricaturist also has to develop a special kind of 'seeing' to enable him to extract the salient features of an outer personality or of a face. He picks out the most characteristic parts of a whole; the true clairvoyant perceives the essential meaning (or 'message' and function) of the whole.

The contrast between the first and second symbols of this twenty-first five-fold sequence is indeed very significant. There may be no particular meaning in the fact that the nursing woman in this symbol is Chinese. Perhaps the psychic who visualized the scene may have mistaken a Tibetan for a Chinese woman, and unconsciously thought of the rather familiar process through which a new Dalai Lama, or other great Lamas, are searched for among newborn babies. The Keyword is
REVELATION.

Last edited: