List of Erroneous, Illogical and Fictitious Systems in Astrology

Opal

Premium Member
I don’t see it as impossible, any advanced society should be able to decipher the knot of the ages😁

@Petosiris I am aware you did not ask me to change for your reading pleasure. I offered because I want people to understand me. With Uranus aspecting tightly to my natal Mercury and other planets I am no stranger to misunderstandings. I like conversing. Regardless.

Last edited:

david starling

As with the Gordium Knot, no cutting of the rope, no changing the puzzle.

Cutting the Knot means not analyzing it in the light of reason. That means either dismissing the Astrological Ages as non-existent, or claiming to have untied it when it hasn't been untied at all.
My guard is up here, perhaps unnecessarily, because it's possible to declare anything that disagrees with your own opinion as "changing the puzzle".

david starling

Here's a vital, preliminary question for you, Opal. If there are sidereal Ages, why shouldn't there be tropical Ages as well? In theory, as long as both are due to the Precession caused by Earth's wobble?

david starling

I'm still grappling with your belief that the Sidereal Ages are always exactly 2160 years in duration, at exactly 72 years per degree, and are therefore perfectly divisible by the #9. That would mean modern astronomers are deliberately misleading us.

JUPITERASC

I'm still grappling

with your belief

that the Sidereal Ages are always exactly 2160 years in duration, at exactly 72 years per degree, and are therefore perfectly divisible by the #9. That would mean modern astronomers are deliberately misleading us.
apkvovdkoba11.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

JUPITERASC

Jupiterasc I believe corrected my grammar, inaccurately.
Opal
You are entitled to your beliefs
which are
with reference to the issue you mention
nevertheless
inaccurate
I am not looking to argue
with anyone, nor will I agree with correction
by someone who corrects my grammar erroneously.

that your grammar was corrected by anyone is an erroneous supposition :smile:
by the way
It's great that none of us is looking to argue

Opal

Premium Member
I'm still grappling with your belief that the Sidereal Ages are always exactly 2160 years in duration, at exactly 72 years per degree, and are therefore perfectly divisible by the #9. That would mean modern astronomers are deliberately misleading us.

Actually I am stuck on the numbers of precession, whatever system a person can prove how they work.

I am interested right now in Burgoyne’s and Norelli’s theories as they both use dates of starting.

Yes, for me it is how to utilize the numbers.

david starling

Actually I am stuck on the numbers of precession, whatever system a person can prove how they work.

I am interested right now in Burgoyne’s and Norelli’s theories as they both use dates of starting.

Yes, for me it is how to utilize the numbers.

Are you numbering the Signs? I'm using #1 thru #12, starting with Aries.

Opal

Premium Member
Are you numbering the Signs? I'm using #1 thru #12, starting with Aries.

I would put dates to the ages through the houses. Working from the given dates of Burgoyne and Norelli for The beginning of The Age of Aquarius. Moving through by how many full solar year suns have passed.

Aries I see as the age of Moses who came down off the mount to find the people worshipping the golden bull (Taurus) and threw down the tablets and chastised the people. The ram then became the sacred entity.

I see a record of the ages in The Bible.

david starling

I would put dates to the ages through the houses. Working from the given dates of Burgoyne and Norelli for The beginning of The Age of Aquarius. Moving through by how many full solar year suns have passed.

Aries I see as the age of Moses who came down off the mount to find the people worshipping the golden bull (Taurus) and threw down the tablets and chastised the people. The ram then became the sacred entity.

I see a record of the ages in The Bible.

Tropically, it's about the Exodus out of Egypt, foremost culture of the Age of Scorpio, ruled by Osirus/Pluto. The crossing of the Red Sea meant leaving the Age of the Water-sign Scorpio into that of Fire-sign Sagittarius, ruled by Zeus/Jupiter, identified by the ancients with the God of Israel. Both types of Ages, tropical and sidereal, are operative concurrently, as seen in the respective Natal-charts, and both are the result of Precession, caused by Earth's wobble.
We need both to explain the full Age-situation. What troubles me is the blatant disrespect for the sidereal zodiac as used by actual Siderealists. In fact, Morelli completely rejects siderealism in favor of tropicalism.
The tropical Aquarian Age is close, and it's already affecting the tropical Age of Capricorn still ongoing but nearing its end. The sidereal Age of Aquarius is still far off, with the sidereal Age of Pisces ongoing. Easy to confuse the two Aquarian Ages, mistaking one for the other.

Opal

Premium Member
Hi David,

I don’t think in terms of Tropical or Sidereal for this. I think, do the numbers work. But you are thinking on the same track with the Age of Scorpio.

For me The Age of Aquarius has brought with it what they are calling Global warming as the sun as Burgoyne suggests has moved its path 1 degree higher towards the poles. Every 7,500 years we move a degree.

Whatever system the numbers work in works for me, it would be interesting actually to see if both work simultaneously.