Atmakaraka (Venus) in 1st house of Navamasa?

rigormortisgirl

Hello,

I have been studying the atmakaraka and I recently learned that mine is Venus. Sadly but not surprisingly enough, my Venus in my regular vedic chart is in Virgo (debilitated) and I have mapped out what that means for me and it is true. Relationships were always a struggle for me as I really tend to like being alone or with people who are not insincere. Finding balance has always been a thing for me in terms of give and take with others and with myself. I usually always end up giving more sadly.. but again.. work in progress..

In my Navamsa chart, I learned that my Venus which is my atmakaraka, is in my 1st house of the Navamsa chart in Cancer whereas in the regular Vedic chart, it is located in the 10th House. I have been researching and could not find what that particularly means to have your Atmakaraka in the 1st house but I THOUGHT I remembered reading it means that you have all that you need to fulfill your soul’s desire to break free from being reborn again.

Any insight would be great! Thank you !

update: I don't know if it matters but my Sun is Leo (Simha) in the nakshatra of Magha
My moon is Pisces in Uttara Bhadrapada nakshatra

Last edited:

solongotgon

Venus debilitated means your love relationships will have to be started from scratch and you have to work extra hard to make it work. Venus is debilitated in virgo because venus is a planet of acceptance and understanding and in mythology venus accepts even the demons as his student and he really is the planet of equality. In virgo, it gets hurt because virgo is very much critical and discriminiating. This contrasts with the nature of venus. The key to improving venus will be learning to accept relationships and partners as they are without criticalness because virgo is very earthy and not intuitive. This lack of intuition makes it harder for venus to connect because virgo is always checking all the details of the situation. Virgo requires acceptance and service despite difficulty because virgo is a natural 6th house significator of debts, disease and difficulty. But all this can be improved upon.

The good news is that if you get into a relationship and venus gives you the opportunity to work on the relationship from the ground up because it is debilitated, then take that chance! The experience from the relationship will improve venus over time.

There are a lot of things written in the ancient texts on venus in the 9th. Venus is the significator for D9 and having it in the lagna shows that the person will get whatever they are set out to accomplish on the soul level from relationships and from the second part of life.