Darkest placements in a Natal chart

conspiracy theorist

I'm going to assume that by dark you mean any state that would result in pathological/destructive behaviour (broad I know). Which would mean lots of placements could fall in that category. Some would probably be:

- A debilitated moon
- A debilitated mercury
- 12 house emphasis
- aspectual patterns in the chart are too tight
- over-emphasis of a chart element to the detriment of everything else
- Mars, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto afflictions
- Melancholic emphasis
- Phlegmatic emphasis without the stiffening influence of strong malefics.
- Lopsided chart factors brought to prominence e.g. Hitler's Uranus (much more chart factors were present in his case in regard to his "dark" tendencies)
- grand crosses
- certain fixed stars operative
- the individual's will to choose the destructive manifestation of a chart energy over the beneficent.

And more of course.

Whoam1

I'm going to assume that by dark you mean any state that would result in pathological/destructive behaviour (broad I know). Which would mean lots of placements could fall in that category. Some would probably be:

- A debilitated moon
- A debilitated mercury
- 12 house emphasis
- aspectual patterns in the chart are too tight
- over-emphasis of a chart element to the detriment of everything else
- Mars, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto afflictions
- Melancholic emphasis
- Phlegmatic emphasis without the stiffening influence of strong malefics.
- Lopsided chart factors brought to prominence e.g. Hitler's Uranus (much more chart factors were present in his case in regard to his "dark" tendencies)
- grand crosses
- certain fixed stars operative
- the individual's will to choose the destructive manifestation of a chart energy over the beneficent.

And more of course.

No it's littleraly a dark degree there's no other names.

Light/Dark
Let a sign ascend in a Nativity or Question, if the Ascendant be in those degrees you see are called light, the child or querent shall be more fair; if the degree ascending be of those we call dark, his complexion shall be nothing so fair, but more obscure and dark; and if he be born deformed, the deformity shall be more and greater; but if he be deformed when the light degrees of a sign ascend, the imperfection shall be more tolerable. (CA., p.117)

Complexion nothing so fair more obscure and dark applies to my moon, on top of that my moon harshly aspects Pluto and my moon is in the 8th house. The moon sign is in Leo what would that mix imply?

conspiracy theorist

You need to develop your "quality control" sense. The problem with "taking everything symbolically" is that you'll start to conflate different symbols and meanings with each other. Somebody being physically dark relative to their racial background won't necessarily result in a person with "dark" tendencies.

Whoam1

You need to develop your "quality control" sense. The problem with "taking everything symbolically" is that you'll start to conflate different symbols and meanings with each other. Somebody being physically dark relative to their racial background won't necessarily result in a person with "dark" tendencies.

I'm mostly white but my skin get darker and has a yellow/ashy undertone (I'm hispanic and have aboriginal blood too).

Abby83

I will speak from experience in saying my thoughts and communication is focused on dark uncomfortable matters. My 3rd ruler is Saturn in Scorpio in the 12th conjunct Pluto in Libra - me. Focus is on sufferings of the world and anything hidden and wrong that must be exposed.

Last edited:

Lykanized

You know what? Sometimes I feel like my whole chart is dark. In the very least it forces me to face the darkness within everything, myself included

AppLeo

I think there's just dark placements. It's hard to know which ones are exactly the darkest.

Dark placements:

Planet aspects involving Saturn, Pluto and/or Neptune
Planets in the 8th and/or 12th house
Planets in Scorpio, Capricorn, and/or Pisces

Nathanhotep

Ok I have an eight house moon and an eight house node. A Pallas and vertex in there too, but there spread out.
I feel for you. I have mars, venus, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune all in Capricorn, all in my 8th house.. and I can tell you now.. my life has been plagued by such extraordinary and outlandish events, often traumatizing and destructive and people like, don’t even believe me half the time.. it’s real.

conspiracy theorist

After 4 years I now believe the people with the darkest placements were born on the dates of August 17, 2017, July 22, 2009 and June 21, 2001. Darkest folks on Earth right now

Zora

Account Closed
! a 2c.gif

wan

I think this can happen for good or ill. I once saw a strong 8th-house chart of a woman who worked as a hospice nurse, and had a very spiritual attitude towards working with her terminally ill patients.
That sounds to me to be more like a 12th house thing.