Which house to place question?

BlueGranite

I am working to construct an horary chart in which I ask myself whether a friend of mine will be sued by her former commerical landlord. This question did not come from her, but I am quite concerned about this so I am asking the question.

She had her business in his building, then she moved out and closed her business, and he told her that she owes him money, which she refused to pay since she denies she owes it, so it's possible he will sue her. I am using the 11th house to represent her since she is a friend of mine, and am inclined to place the question in her 7th house, for her opponents and open enemies, as well as lawsuits, but then I see that the 9th house also represents lawsuits, which is confusing. Yet the 9th house also represents her attorney, who would be on her side in the case of a suit, I tend to think I should not place the question in the 9th house. I am most inclined to place the question in the 7th house. THe question as worded is "Will B's ex-landlord sue her? (And the subquestion is...if so what will be the outcome?).

tsmall

Premium Member
I am working to construct an horary chart in which I ask myself whether a friend of mine will be sued by her former commerical landlord. This question did not come from her, but I am quite concerned about this so I am asking the question.

She had her business in his building, then she moved out and closed her business, and he told her that she owes him money, which she refused to pay since she denies she owes it, so it's possible he will sue her. I am using the 11th house to represent her since she is a friend of mine, and am inclined to place the question in her 7th house, for her opponents and open enemies, as well as lawsuits, but then I see that the 9th house also represents lawsuits, which is confusing. Yet the 9th house also represents her attorney, who would be on her side in the case of a suit, I tend to think I should not place the question in the 9th house. I am most inclined to place the question in the 7th house. THe question as worded is "Will B's ex-landlord sue her? (And the subquestion is...if so what will be the outcome?).

Technically you do not have the authority to ask this question. :( Unfortunately, Lilly himself was wont to ask third party questions. Sigh.

Your friend will be 7th house, because we give the 7th for all queries about people we name. (I know there will be members who want to argue with this...go nuts.)

Her 7th would represent her opponent in a lawsuit. 9th has more to do with law itself than lawsuits per se. Do you have a chart? I would caution to look carefully for considerations before judgement, since this is a 3rd party question.

Here is a really good thread re: a lawsuit. :whistling:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64722

edit to add...for a traditional take on houses in horary, you could get a copy of Deb Houlding's book Houses, Temples of the Sky. Here is a link to her website. I think it takes you through most of the house significations.

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h1.html

Last edited:

BlueGranite

Interesting...I didn't think about whether I had authority to ask the question!! The chart contains none of the cautions of considerations before judgement, and is radical since the planetary hour ruler and the ruler of the Ascendant are of the same elemental nature.

I am confused about your view that my friend would be placed in my 7th house, since Deborah's book says that "friends of the querent" are in house 11. See http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h11.html.
Also, the ruler of the 11th house in my chart is the Sun, which matches my friend's temperament and physical self more than Mars, which rules the 7th. Also if I place her in my 11th, I end up with the lawsuit and her ex landlord signified by Saturn, which seems very appropriate. Lilly says of the Sun, "His friends are all the planets except Saturn who is his enemy." This describes my outgoing, friendly friend and her nasty ex landlord whom she calls a "rattlesnake."!