Why does modern astrology portray Scorpio as the strongest sign?

kimiko8

Re: Desperation of modern astrology to portray Scorpio as the strongest sign.

Sex, secrets, and psychology!

The public is now the internet and the internet makes masking oneself easier. We can discuss the number of moles on my body because it's highly unlikely I'll meet you or anyone on this forum- we can delve into our deepest mind, our secret selves, and finally talk- and listen- and obviously we're going to want to nourish that part of our psyche- the others get taken care of easily in our real lives by known people- but you know and I know there are some things that has to be taken care by faceless people we will never touch.

Such is the appeal of Scorpio, not the people born under the sign, but its aspects within all of us.

Unfortunately superficial astrology websites pick up only what floats to the top, commercializes it for clicks and sensationalism- and also takes advantage of the fact that everyone has something of Scorpio and plays it up so it's all about them sexy, sexy, scorpionic aspects- I mean, wouldn't you like to have proof that you're really deep? That you have layers, like an onion?

Somewhere along the line it becomes that only the Scorpio sunsign bearers are the only people that have the sexy, sexy, scorpionic aspects, as though all of them have all their plants in Scorpio while having at least one Pluto in each of their houses :eyeroll:

I feel poor Scorpio's personality has been thoroughly raped. They are now made to be such a cliche it's sad, and the other signs suffer just as unjustly.

Ekonomist13

The public is now the internet and the internet makes masking oneself easier. We can discuss the number of moles on my body because it's highly unlikely I'll meet you or anyone on this forum- we can delve into our deepest mind, our secret selves, and finally talk- and listen- and obviously we're going to want to nourish that part of our psyche- the others get taken care of easily in our real lives by known people- but you know and I know there are some things that has to be taken care by faceless people we will never touch.

Such is the appeal of Scorpio, not the people born under the sign, but its aspects within all of us.

Unfortunately superficial astrology websites pick up only what floats to the top, commercializes it for clicks and sensationalism- and also takes advantage of the fact that everyone has something of Scorpio and plays it up so it's all about them sexy, sexy, scorpionic aspects- I mean, wouldn't you like to have proof that you're really deep? That you have layers, like an onion?

Somewhere along the line it becomes that only the Scorpio sunsign bearers are the only people that have the sexy, sexy, scorpionic aspects, as though all of them have all their plants in Scorpio while having at least one Pluto in each of their houses :eyeroll:

I feel poor Scorpio's personality has been thoroughly raped. They are now made to be such a cliche it's sad, and the other signs suffer just as unjustly.

I mean I guess it depends on what you want to hear, right? xD

But anyway, kinda agree... I have many Scorpios in my life and all those websites talk about is just their outer shell, their mask in society.
However, I've seen the truth sometimes, some places, about them having dark thoughts about death and regeneration, coming back stronger than ever and being intensely physical, are all true.

But what it doesn't say is their fears and disorders which come from their sensitivity to other people's opinions and them own moral standards (which are one of the strongest in the world, in my opinion), but then again, people don't like reading negative stuff, do they??

So they only serve you the positive, and mind you, there are quite a lot of positives...as one would expect considering their large or deep, but certainly dark, unconscious cravings.

Osamenor

Staff member

I mean I guess it depends on what you want to hear, right? xD

But anyway, kinda agree... I have many Scorpios in my life and all those websites talk about is just their outer shell, their mask in society.
However, I've seen the truth sometimes, some places, about them having dark thoughts about death and regeneration, coming back stronger than ever and being intensely physical, are all true.

But what it doesn't say is their fears and disorders which come from their sensitivity to other people's opinions and them own moral standards (which are one of the strongest in the world, in my opinion), but then again, people don't like reading negative stuff, do they??
I think these points are just as true of people with significant eighth house placements and/or strong Pluto as they are of those with significant Scorpio. Spoken as someone with a busy eighth house but no Scorpio planets....

Chrysalis

I've got an 8th house stellium and strong pluto aspects too. Also a stellium of progressed planets in Scorpio. I'm a strong person, ive been through a lot, but nothing can get me down and keep me down. I always arise from the ashes a different person, better than and stronger than before.

I now refer to myself as miss terminator.

Lykanized

I don't think there's any push to portray Scorpio as the strongest sign at all. In fact it's highly given to projection which is a sign of weakness rather than strength, also controlling behavior which is also a sign of weakness rather than strength

I don't think any sign is portrayed as stronger than the rest

Lykanized

[deleted response to attacking post - Moderator]

Tbh I got confused here as to whether you were referring to me or the OP in the last two parts of tour message, but I must say, from what I'm observed, the Vlue of astrology one universal level is to deal with one's shadow and attempt to understand what unhealed trauma may be driving another's behavior

I've met Scorpios who live their entire lives avoiding their shadows and projecting it onto others via controlling behavior. Not all will do that, but it takes understanding. They desperately need to go within. And if they wont, then they don't deserve one's time and effort

However, there is power there in that if they do reckon with their shadow, they rise from the ashes. That's just a rarity in all humans, but not just scorpios. And obviously we all have scorpio and pluto in us

I've been there in my own way. I MAY be considered plutonic but have had to observe my own projections

Last edited by a moderator:

Opal

Premium Member
Tbh I got confused here as to whether you were referring to me or the OP in the last two parts of tour message, but I must say, from what I'm observed, the Vlue of astrology one universal level is to deal with one's shadow and attempt to understand what unhealed trauma may be driving another's behavior

I've met Scorpios who live their entire lives avoiding their shadows and projecting it onto others via controlling behavior. Not all will do that, but it takes understanding. They desperately need to go within. And if they wont, then they don't deserve one's time and effort

However, there is power there in that if they do reckon with their shadow, they rise from the ashes. That's just a rarity in all humans, but not just scorpios. And obviously we all have scorpio and pluto in us

I've been there in my own way. I MAY be considered plutonic but have had to observe my own projections

Pluto is my chart ruler, I am not a Scorpio sun. I am not speaking of you, but the OP, has many threads about the negativity of Scorpio.

And when they rise, they are eagles the other creature associated with Scorpio.

david starling

Pluto is my chart ruler, I am not a Scorpio sun. I am not speaking of you, but the OP, has many threads about the negativity of Scorpio.

And when they rise, they are eagles the other creature associated with Scorpio.

I have Jupiter in Scorpio/Phoenix: Flashes of insight impatiently awaited, and occurring at irregular intervals.

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
I have Jupiter in Scorpio/Phoenix: Flashes of insight impatiently awaited, and occurring at irregular intervals.

Impatiently is well stated.

Scorpio houses my Ascendant, Venus, and Neptune which is sextile Pluto, that is conjunct my MC.

I have insights, that I had given credit to the Uranus, Mercury, Jupiter, Asc aspects. Hmmm

Neptune and Pluto are at 6.5 and 7 degrees, pretty much everything else is at 24 or 25. Venus is 0.

Last edited:

david starling

I am not judging any sign or having ill will, I am stating facts. Astrology is trying to desperately make one sign out to be all powerful and I am calling out this BS. Not sure why your skin is so thin over it.

What would be the motivation for all Modernistic astrologers to "desperately" portray one Sign as imparting more strength than another? I haven't really noticed it myself (which doesn't necessarily mean it's not happening). Also, there's a lot of disagreement among astrologers in so many areas, it may be that you're "painting with too broad a brush"--you know, "over-generalizing".

Last edited:

wilsontc

Staff member
Stop attacking

All,

I have deleted the attacks and responses to attacks. If you agree or disagree with the idea of this thread, use ASTROLOGY to make your point. If you have no astrology to back up your ideas DO NOT POST. I will continue to delete personal attacks and responses to personal attacks.

Back to astrology,

Tim

AriesTiger

I haven’t heard of Scorpio being portrayed as the strongest. I usually hear that Aries is the strongest. Scorpio is known for being the most sexual. Also, in case anyone thinks I’m just saying Aries is the strongest because I’m an Aries, no, I’m not. I may have been born an Aries, but I don’t act like one at all. So I’m not tooting my own horn or anything.

Last edited:

david starling

I haven’t heard of Scorpio being portrayed as the strongest. I usually hear that Aries is the strongest. Scorpio is known for being the most sexual. Also, in case anyone thinks I’m just saying Aries is the strongest because I’m an Aries, no, I’m not. I may have been born an Aries, but I don’t act like one at all. So I’m not tooting my own horn or anything.

Just to add, that in Tarot, the "Strength" card of the Major Arcana is usually linked to Leo. Also, going by the avatar for Taurus, "the Bull", I wouldn't rule Taurus out regarding strength when it comes to pulling ability.

lostinstars

You have to ask Linda Goodman and other modern astrologers who extolled this sign like gods from above favour this sign over other signs.

Strength is a quality of a warrior which can be expressed in two ways - 1) taking action in case of Aries and 2) being patient and comfortable toiling endlessly as seen in all earthy signs. I wonder if modern astrologers took any course on Aristotelian logic before writing books after books? :annoyed:

Bunraku

People have been complaining about it for years

See this from a thread 2 years ago
*scratches head*

I've grown to dislike Pluto to some degree just because of the sheer worship of Pluto/Scorpio in astrology.

Ok, you're Plutonian... and? Is this some magical feat that other mortals cannot attain? Have you been elevated to a higher level of consciousness? What's special about being bestowed a Plutonian? Is it simply an ego boost?

Some people may consider me Plutonian, BTW, so no need to claim I don't understand or am just "jealous." I really want to know why some people with Pluto aspects become so obsessed with it.

lostinstars

People have been complaining about it for years

See this from a thread 2 years ago

I'm a Scorpio Asc. with Pluto in Scorpio, there is nothing special about me, in fact if any I like to think I'm more dense than others because I don't concern myself with everything that is happening on the planet.

It is very unfortunate thing for a bipedal with human intelligence to say that only after the discovery of Pluto we got manhattan project, well Pluto existed before as well so why wasn't atomic energy developed before Pluto was discovered.

When did banking move away from Saturn's domain to Pluto's
? Banks, establishments where commoners (Capricorn) save money in lesser denomination compared to insignificant people who save a lot.

Sometimes I feel modern astrology can be classified as a cult where people get trapped and unable to come out but feel good living in their own confines moving around with fellow cult followers but are headed nowhere.

Bunraku

:lol: you’ve described it!
I don’t know why people write endless paragraphs of Pluto with poetic descriptors as if it accomplishes anything of practical value. People eat it up.

When you try to see what their writing about Pluto, it doesn’t really apply to anything and doesn’t have any deeper meaning. People just like it and believe in it because it sounds pretty and dramatic.

8th house Pluto la petit mors yadayadayada it’s all so pretentious :lol:

Bunraku

It’s ironic that they try to wow and dazzle you with words about Pluto yet come up with NOTHING of substance, depth or meaning, other than astrology creative writing exercises.