Can I trust him?

sadge

Hello my astro ninjas, I need your ninja skills to help me.

I followed my heart and confided in someone I adore and genuinely appreciate. I completely trusted him with an open heart. But I'm afraid that my Neptunian ways may have clouded my judgment of this person and he has used against me all that I confided in him. I wonder if he threw me under the bus in conversation and shared what I told him in private just to advance himself.

My question: Can I trust him? Did he betray me?

My attempt: there isn't an aspect between me (sun) and him (Saturn). Does that mean he can't be trusted?

How would you guys read this chart?

Thank you.

Last edited:

waybread

I don't know that he's such a wonderful person, with retrograde Saturn as his significator. Saturn is in its own face, but that's about it for essential dignifies. But I don't see any clear indicator of deception.

If you've learned to be more circumspect from your encounter, then maybe that's a good thing.

sadge

I don't know that he's such a wonderful person, with retrograde Saturn as his significator. Saturn is in its own face, but that's about it for essential dignifies. But I don't see any clear indicator of deception.

If you've learned to be more circumspect from your encounter, then maybe that's a good thing.

Thank you for the thoughtful response. I always forget to think of significators until you astro ninjas point it out. Is there anything you can read re my question as to whether or not he threw me under the bus and revealed the secrets I shared?

sadge

Thanks, Tikana, my ultimate Ninja, who flies in and out of our minds, ninja-chopping it up...... (you better watch out....I might fall for you next. That **** Neptune.)

So you and Waybread came to different conclusions. And I understand both reasonings.....dignified (not sure how tho....Saturn in sag is dignified?) thus trustable, and a bad dude (retro). How do you guys reconcile these opposing meanings in a chart?

And Waybread, do you think retro can also mean he's just weak, insecure, or something other than of poor character? I don't know the answer here, just asking for more thoughts so I learn.....

sadge

What the heck....this board censors the word ****??? But it IS my **** Neptune! Totally appropriate label right now.

tikana

Thanks, Tikana, my ultimate Ninja, who flies in and out of our minds, ninja-chopping it up...... (you better watch out....I might fall for you next. That **** Neptune.)

So you and Waybread came to different conclusions. And I understand both reasonings.....dignified (not sure how tho....Saturn in sag is dignified?) thus trustable, and a bad dude (retro). How do you guys reconcile these opposing meanings in a chart?

And Waybread, do you think retro can also mean he's just weak, insecure, or something other than of poor character? I don't know the answer here, just asking for more thoughts so I learn.....

http://www.astronor.com/dignities.htm
http://www.leelehman.com/pages/images/Dignity.pdf

Retrograde means a person is holding back to something or distrusting in nature on his own
saturn is in 5th house not accidentally debiliated.. if he had been in cadent (3rd or 6th) then i would question him
saturn in 12th thrives in his own misery, that is not debilitation

Last edited:

waybread

For deception, I would look for something showing up in your 12th house, or this man's turned 12th house, which would be the radix chart's 6th house.

I can't really give a tutorial on the essential dignities here, but there is a good tutorial on horary astrology at Skyscript http://www.skyscript.co.uk/horary_intro.html.

A retrograde planet can mean that the person is rethinking something.

sadge

Thanks, waybread.

His mars is in my 12th. In Gemini.

So what do you all think wins out here.... He's trustable or not?

His mars is trine to my moon (in 5th), but also in opposition to my Neptune. It's this opposition that actually has me worried. I've felt it play out in a general sense of sexual energy but also our inability to get in sync with one another on a specific project. I'm hoping I am also not being blind to any of his deceptive ways. He has natal mars opposition Neptune (wide, 6 deg orb).

But again, thank you both for the links and knowledge. Horary is definitely a different process than modern.

waybread

If you'd like us to look at your natal charts, you'd have to post them.

It seems that the person you really mistrust is yourself.

sadge

Ooooh! That's direct! Are you Sagittarius too?!?!

Maybe it is me. But I dunno. learning to trust my instincts. He's given me p!entry of signs that he's not of the highest of ethics, just don't know if he can be that low too.

But horary doesn't use instincts! That's why I want to know if he threw me under the bus. He stands to gain at my expense. I was very stupidly trusting for sharing so much info with him. I'm hoping he can be trusted, but want to know if that's being naive.

tikana

umm sadge
there is a whole chapter that deals with if a person is noble or not..

click on the lnk in my signature you will see it

it is either in 11th house issues or 7th

sadge

I opened the link. Working through it. But this is going to take time! It's not the lightest of reads. It's like reading a medical book on surgery.

But thanks for the resource. Really.

tikana

I opened the link. Working through it. But this is going to take time! It's not the lightest of reads. It's like reading a medical book on surgery.

But thanks for the resource. Really.

get busy ... most of us had to do it :):biggrin:

sadge

Oh my god. This is a really good book. I stopped sludging through the beginning and went straight to the chapter on house 12....

This is a GOOD book.

I might not need you guys after this, lol.

THANK YOU!!!

tikana

Oh my god. This is a really good book. I stopped sludging through the beginning and went straight to the chapter on house 12....

This is a GOOD book.

I might not need you guys after this, lol.

THANK YOU!!!

that is the whole point .. you dont need us. lol

sadge

So here's something that got my attention right away from the book:

the lord of the 12th is in the 10th (good for him, in favor with authorities), but if it's strong and in contact with the lord of the AC, then apparently it's not good for the querent "to meddle" with him.

That tells me he's in a good position for himself, despite the Saturn retro (his significator). So perhaps the retro doesn't refer to literal weakness on his end, but more of the "thinking through" or "going back" kind.

This is interesting.