Most elevated planet

watcherofthesouth

Your assessment of Neptune resonates with me, particularly about the proximity to water, a go-with-the-flow routine and... although I love the city, I feel drained and have to leave temporarily as well. Since Saturn is in your 10th, you'll definitely see a rise in career later. Astrologists always say Jupiter/Moon conjunction can mean achieving fame on some level (which you have already experienced somewhat). Your Sun opposite Neptune could mean you feel a little odd but you can redirect the energy by developing unique art - perhaps incorporate Sun-oriented subjects.

I strongly feel, as well, that you should continue to perfect your craft. Rahu may indicate that you feel lonely in your career but I see the possibility of a foreign business partner or significant other could help you or collaborate.

Living and working in the right place, near water, as you suggested, is a huge help (I've found) and may be instrumental in feeling more yourself.

Last edited:

riveradove

Riveradove, you have so many Domiciled Planets, including the Moon, which is in your Sun-sign, you should feel "at home" no matter where you are. I like that Neptune is with :uranus: in H9, separated from your Domicled Saturn in H10, even though they're all in Capricorn. You do have that criticism from Saturn opposing your Moon, both Domiciled, but your Moon has a generous companion, Jupiter. I think art is the perfect career for you.
I wasn't sure if the criticism came from Saturn or not when I wrote my previous post. Despite feeling drained in some locations, if I stay too long in the city, for instance, I do feel at home once I settle in. As far as art is concerned, that's good news to hear. Thank you for your reply.

riveradove

Your Sun opposite Neptune could mean you feel a little odd but you can redirect the energy by developing unique art - perhaps incorporate Sun-oriented subjects.

I didn't think to incorporate Sun opposite Neptune into the equation. Now the oddness makes sense; it doesn't happen much but sometimes I feel out of place. You're right, creating, whether it's drawing, painting, or writing does help ease the feeling. I'll also try to incorporate more Sun-oriented subjects.

I strongly feel, as well, that you should continue to perfect your craft. Rahu may indicate that you feel lonely in your career but I see the possibility of a foreign business partner or significant other could help you or collaborate.

Sometimes my doubts get in the way, so this is encouraging. I going to keep at it. So far the road is lonely, but I'm not going to stop. Thank you.

Living and working in the right place, near water, as you suggested, is a huge help (I've found) and may be instrumental in feeling more yourself.

I'm currently living by a sound/river and the location helps center me. Ha, I realized a few years ago I'm going to have to buy a small fountain if I end up in a location far away from a body of water. :joyful:

Thank you for your reply and for your advice.

Your assessment of Neptune resonates with me, particularly about the proximity to water, a go-with-the-flow routine and... although I love the city, I feel drained and have to leave temporarily as well. Since Saturn is in your 10th, you'll definitely see a rise in career later. Astrologists always say Jupiter/Moon conjunction can mean achieving fame on some level (which you have already experienced somewhat). Your Sun opposite Neptune could mean you feel a little odd but you can redirect the energy by developing unique art - perhaps incorporate Sun-oriented subjects.

david starling

Riveradove, I've been using "Mer" in place of "Cancer", for the Sign ruled by the Moon. It's the Merman, or Mermaid, counterpart to the image for opposite-Sign Capricorn, the Mergoat (or Goatfish), ruled by Saturn, which was the original version of that constellation. Any mermaids in your artwork?

Last edited:

riveradove

Riveradove, I've been using "Mer" in place of "Cancer", for the Sign ruled by the Moon. It's the Merman, or Mermaid, counterpart to the image for opposite-Sign Capricorn, the Mergoat (or Goatfish), ruled by Saturn, which was the original version of that constellation. Any mermaids in your artwork?
I used to draw mermaids when I was a kid. I don't know why I stopped. Now I usually paint the ocean or the river. A few paintings have boats, coastline, and inlets; some paintings are landscape, others are surreal. I don't see Capricorn in my work, not directly, but I do see Cancer. Funny thing about Cancer though. If I'm not writing about birds, or trees, fields, and woodland, I write about marine life. Tidepools, shoreline, shells, seaweed, octopuses . . . crabs in particular--I have a few pieces about them. So no recent Cancer mermaids but definitely Cancer crabs. :joyful:

Last edited:

david starling

I used to draw mermaids when I was a kid. I don't know why I stopped. Now I usually paint the ocean or the river. A few paintings have boats, coastline, and inlets; some paintings are landscape, others are surreal. I don't see Capricorn in my work, not directly, but I do see Cancer. Funny thing about Cancer though. If I'm not writing about birds, or trees, fields, and woodland, I write about marine life. Tidepools, shoreline, shells, seaweed, octopuses . . . crabs in particular--I have a few pieces about them. So no recent Cancer mermaids but definitely Cancer crabs. :joyful:

As a double :cancer:, do you feel more crabby or more....well, mermaidy :biggrin:. I would say that Saturn opposition could try to push you to the crabby side as you get older. :lol:

riveradove

As a double :cancer:, do you feel more crabby or more....well, mermaidy :biggrin:. I would say that Saturn opposition could try to push you to the crabby side as you get older. :lol:
I feel more of a mermaidy double Cancer. I'll keep a look out for crabby features as I get older. Saturn has patience on his side. :lol:

moonkat235

Jupiter Conjunct Midheaven in Scorpio by 11 minutes.

I'm a workaholic, but I burn out. I am extremely lucky though in terms of job opportunities.

Witchyone

My MC is at 7 Aquarius. The closest planet is the moon at 1 Pisces. My moon is the apex of a Yod and is the most aspected planet in my chart. I identify with Pisces moon more than Gemini sun, despite having sun in the 1st house, because of my extremely emotional nature. My reality is always colored, and sometimes warped, by the mood I'm in at any given time, and meditation and yoga have only been able to do so much to help me with this. My chart is ruled by Venus in Taurus, and Venus is loosely conjunct my ascendant. In my happiest moments, I think I seem and feel very Venusian and somewhat Taurean with blasts of Gemini sun brightness, but if I'm honest, it's the moon with the help of a very active Mars running the show most of the time.

It's hard to say if this supports the idea that the elevated planet is important since my moon is strong in so many respects, not just as being closest to MC.

yuriv

Chiron 20° ♍ -9H. MC is on 4°♎. If i go further outer than that it'd be Pluto 28°♏ - 11H. My Pluto will progress into the 10H before Chiron though. So that had be interesting to see how it unfolds. I studied Marine Sci in Uni. I think that has Pluto in Scorpio ring to it.

jac

In all these pages, I don't think I've seen a single reference to an elevated moon, which I appear to have. Would this indicate feelings running away with one? I thought my nasty hypersensitivity was the result of the Moon sq Asc (?), not something to be compounded.

I'm inclined to believe Neptune should have this position, as I'm creative to a fault.

I've looked at all the cool pictures that should explain this to me, but it's not happening. Could someone please tell me what my most elevated planet is, and WHY?

Thanks!

Last edited:

greybeard

According to Jones, a planet is ELEVATED when

A planet stands alone in the 10th house AND the 1st house is unoccupied. This avoids having both a rising and an elevated planet.

Personally I take the planet nearest the MC in either 9 or 10, especially if it stands alone.

As far as significance, I say the planet "stands above all else". Jones says that the position shows that the native is inclined to stand for things his fellow man admires or is willing to support, and so success comes.

Last edited:

UnluckyGirl

I'm debating on whether to incorporate this more into the charts I read.

The most elevated planet is the planet that is closest to the MC degree and this apparently brings said planet to prominence in the life. It's an idea that is similar to the cutting planets/high focus in the Marc Edmund Jones and singletons by hemisphere.

What is your most elevated planet and does it play a strong role in your life? Your contribution will help to advance our collective knowledge.

Hmmm.. I think it would be right to say that any planet closest to any if the angles would do that.
In my case Mercury ia closest to my MC degreese. However Neptune and Uranus are conjuncting tightly my DSC, Neptune by 0 degrees and Uranus by 3. And I think especially Neptune does a perfect job in ruining my life, Uranus too.

Mercury in 1st H is same degrees as my MC but it's not that important to me.
So I would say it's not true.

conspiracy theorist

@UnluckyGirl

I'm getting a couple of meanings from your post so I'm not sure what you are actually communicating. The term elevated planet speaks to the planet in the highest position of the chart relative to the MC - Your MC could be at 29 Sagittarius and the closest planet to this degree happens to be Venus at 5 Capricorn. The most elevated planet wouldn't be the planet that necessarily mirrors the degree of the MC - If your MC is at 15 Scorpio, your Mars at 15 Taurus wouldn't be the most elevated planet. Maybe your Sun is located at 13 Scorpio and that would take the title.

There are quite a few different ways that planets gain prominence in the chart, not just by angularity. This thread tries to explore if the highest planet in the chart has such a relevance in chart reading. Do you have no planets above the horizon in your chart?

UnluckyGirl

@UnluckyGirl

I'm getting a couple of meanings from your post so I'm not sure what you are actually communicating. The term elevated planet speaks to the planet in the highest position of the chart relative to the MC - Your MC could be at 29 Sagittarius and the closest planet to this degree happens to be Venus at 5 Capricorn. The most elevated planet wouldn't be the planet that necessarily mirrors the degree of the MC - If your MC is at 15 Scorpio, your Mars at 15 Taurus wouldn't be the most elevated planet. Maybe your Sun is located at 13 Scorpio and that would take the title.

There are quite a few different ways that planets gain prominence in the chart, not just by angularity. This thread tries to explore if the highest planet in the chart has such a relevance in chart reading. Do you have no planets above the horizon in your chart?

I have just 2.
So that means that the planet closest to MC (if any) is an elevated planet?
In that case it's my Moon in Pisces (5°)
MC is in Pisces 26°.

Could you check it too?
http://i63.tinypic.com/2u7vk2x.jpg

conspiracy theorist

I have just 2.
So that means that the planet closest to MC (if any) is an elevated planet?
In that case it's my Moon in Pisces (5°)
MC is in Pisces 26°.

Could you check it too?
http://i63.tinypic.com/2u7vk2x.jpg

Yes, the Moon is definitely the most elevated planet, and as it rules both the Sun and ascendant in your chart, it makes even more important to the overall structure of your natal chart. The prominence of this Moon is undeniable, which is shown in more than one way.

What have you noticed about the Moon in your life?

greybeard

Elevated planet

Jeddu Krishnamurti

Aquarius rising and
Uranus Rx is elevated.

The main theme of his teachings is "Internal Revolution".
A secondary theme he calls "The mirror of relationships", which reflects his prominent Moon {mirrors} opposition Venus {relationships}.

But the elevated Uranus "stands above all else".

Notice how our inner self is projected into the outer world as our creations.

Last edited: