Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Read My Chart

Read My Chart If you want to have your astrological chart read and do not post an astrological interpretation along with your chart request, your postings go here. No one is required to read any chart request and it is greatly appreciated if people who have chart requests acknowledge those who were kind enough to answer their request. If you want an astrological chart reading using the Vedic method (square astrological charts), your postings go in the Vedic Astrology forum."Read My Chart" type postings found in the rest of the forum will be moved here.

Unread 02-23-2017, 06:26 AM

Re: How to decrease pride

You are one of the firsts of the fire Pluto in Sagittarius generation, a little older person than yourself is already Scorpio.

Looking at your Nodes, the South Node in 4th Aries might indicate that you are pride of your roots - your origins, your emotional background. And you behave about it in an impulsive way!

It has a good and a bad side. Usually, issues with South Node is that we are "so good" on being this way, that it harms us. You are talented at that, but it's not enough: what attracts you is the Dragon head: being very serious, and yet lovely, calm and easy.

I guess this post you made is pretty much the opposite of having excessive pride, and even asking "how should I reduce pride" is quite paradoxal. So I guess you are thrilling already a path of being a mix of Saturn and Venus.

I believe the North Node is like that motto of "beginners have luck" - we don't know much of the area, but it's so bright and appealing to us, that we can do much better even than people already talented on that.

We should go incorporating North Node traits on our lives, in order that we can't escape from them.
The South Node, though, tends to always appear, we are already very good on it... And specially if we lose control of our days, if we are in a difficult circumstance, we tend to fall in South Node's trap.
But again, this Saturn and Venus combination might always feel very appealing to you, in order that you'll get better and better on it how more you walk in it's direction.

The Following User Says Thank You to aldebaran For This Useful Post:
conspiracy theorist (02-23-2017)
Unread 02-23-2017, 04:43 PM

I read them Bina, even the 4 part piece about who Indigos are. You actually jogged my memory there as I read it way back when too.

It's hit or miss to me. If I am to hop on board the Indigo train I'd have to get into contact with someone who legitimately can read auras and ask them wjhat they see in my field.

In regard to many of the traits listed, I can see myself in a good number of them but I still don't believe that that's enough to classify myself as an Indigo. My view on this is that it can be a useful idea or identity for people to take up as it might help them to better themselves and operate more comfortably/ably in the world but apart from that it lacks a certain amount of depth.
The Following User Says Thank You to conspiracy theorist For This Useful Post:
Bina (02-24-2017)
Unread 02-23-2017, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
Sorry to interrupt how do you find out if you are a servant of God? I would be very interested to learn about all the religion in the world.
With your desire, I don't see why you need an answer for that question. If you're interested in religious knowledge I'd say you should find a faith that you are drawn to and begin learning about it and doing the practices specific to it. The internet is a great resource to help you in that regard.
Unread 02-23-2017, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldebaran View Post
You are one of the firsts of the fire Pluto in Sagittarius generation, a little older person than yourself is already Scorpio.

Looking at your Nodes, the South Node in 4th Aries might indicate that you are pride of your roots - your origins, your emotional background. And you behave about it in an impulsive way!

It has a good and a bad side. Usually, issues with South Node is that we are "so good" on being this way, that it harms us. You are talented at that, but it's not enough: what attracts you is the Dragon head: being very serious, and yet lovely, calm and easy.

I guess this post you made is pretty much the opposite of having excessive pride, and even asking "how should I reduce pride" is quite paradoxal. So I guess you are thrilling already a path of being a mix of Saturn and Venus.

I believe the North Node is like that motto of "beginners have luck" - we don't know much of the area, but it's so bright and appealing to us, that we can do much better even than people already talented on that.

We should go incorporating North Node traits on our lives, in order that we can't escape from them.
The South Node, though, tends to always appear, we are already very good on it... And specially if we lose control of our days, if we are in a difficult circumstance, we tend to fall in South Node's trap.
But again, this Saturn and Venus combination might always feel very appealing to you, in order that you'll get better and better on it how more you walk in it's direction.
You have a point but I don't think it's quite as simple as that. I am sure you are aware of addicts or other compulsive people who have a conscious awareness and even desire to eradicate some behaviour or tendency, yet still they relapse and fall prey to the very same tendency that they are trying to stymie.

In the comfort of my own inner sanctum, when I have time to contemplate I can see instances throughout the day where these self same tendencies show themselves during my everyday life. Once I have distance, it's easy to see my problem, but during the act, this distance is none existent; get the picture?

I don't often get a read on my nodes so thank you for giving your take on it. I see the interplay of my nodes as using my innate direction and independence (Aries) for the societal benefit of all (Libra 10/11th) which will result in a greater power and advancement in my home nation (Aries/4th). There are a number of ideas in the pipeline that I have regarding that but those are decades down the line.
Unread 02-23-2017, 06:00 PM

Smile Re: How to decrease pride

So, you need to install a sort of "guided spontaneity" feature!
Unread 02-23-2017, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
So, you need to install a sort of "guided spontaneity" feature!
Hey we could make a movement out of that
david starling (02-23-2017)
Unread 02-23-2017, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
Hey we could make a movement out of that
What should we call it?
Unread 02-23-2017, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
What should we call it?
Guided Spontaneity sounds pretty stellar already. It's almost as good as Gaia's trident (great thread btw)
david starling (02-24-2017)
Unread 02-24-2017, 08:58 AM

Hi! I want to ask: did you be in jail or arrested?
Unread 02-24-2017, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastor8569 View Post
Hi! I want to ask: did you be in jail or arrested?
Nope. More options available to you when you don't have a record.

What's the origin of this question: my 12th house planets?
Unread 02-25-2017, 08:49 AM

Quote:
With your desire, I don't see why you need an answer for that question. If you're interested in religious knowledge I'd say you should find a faith that you are drawn to and begin learning about it and doing the practices specific to it. The internet is a great resource to help you in that regard.
Yes but I want to be a servant of God. I will die for God if I am promised Glory.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ukpoohbear For This Useful Post:
conspiracy theorist (02-26-2017)
Unread 02-25-2017, 12:34 PM

Awareness of the issue, having interest and curiosity about it, combined with the motivation to change it is far more than half the battle!

Yes, you may have a strong habit, but impermanence is how things are, change is our nature. Since you mentioned Buddhist thought, there are numerous approaches you can take. Having a firm determination to change is a first step, and revisiting this determination/motivation every day will help you to keep to it. This will start, over time, to erode the old habit.
Countering the habit directly with thoughts, feelings, and actions that put others first will again, undermine the habit. Also taking time, quietly, to contemplate, for instance, who/what is this "I" that is so arrogant? Where does it reside? Is it my body? Is it my speech? Is it my thought? What are its qualities and so forth. You might be surprised what you find.

Best of luck in your endeavors!

Last edited by Kuntuzangmo; 02-25-2017 at 12:37 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kuntuzangmo For This Useful Post:
conspiracy theorist (02-26-2017)
Unread 02-25-2017, 05:25 PM

Quote:
I read them Bina, even the 4 part piece about who Indigos are. You actually jogged my memory there as I read it way back when too.

It's hit or miss to me. If I am to hop on board the Indigo train I'd have to get into contact with someone who legitimately can read auras and ask them wjhat they see in my field.

In regard to many of the traits listed, I can see myself in a good number of them but I still don't believe that that's enough to classify myself as an Indigo. My view on this is that it can be a useful idea or identity for people to take up as it might help them to better themselves and operate more comfortably/ably in the world but apart from that it lacks a certain amount of depth.
If you were an Indigo, you would know and identify with most traits. It usually kind of clicks with people - or it doesn't.
Indigos are often accused of being proud or arrogant, but it is actually more like they know certain things and can be very sure of themselves. They also often have an awareness of their own power and their divine nature, and this can be mistaken as pride or arrogance by others who don't understand them.

Last edited by Bina; 02-25-2017 at 05:39 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bina For This Useful Post:
conspiracy theorist (02-26-2017), StillOne (02-26-2017)
Unread 02-26-2017, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
Yes but I want to be a servant of God. I will die for God if I am promised Glory.
You might want to revisit your reasons if that's your motivation.
Unread 02-26-2017, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuntuzangmo View Post
Awareness of the issue, having interest and curiosity about it, combined with the motivation to change it is far more than half the battle!

Yes, you may have a strong habit, but impermanence is how things are, change is our nature. Since you mentioned Buddhist thought, there are numerous approaches you can take. Having a firm determination to change is a first step, and revisiting this determination/motivation every day will help you to keep to it. This will start, over time, to erode the old habit.
Countering the habit directly with thoughts, feelings, and actions that put others first will again, undermine the habit. Also taking time, quietly, to contemplate, for instance, who/what is this "I" that is so arrogant? Where does it reside? Is it my body? Is it my speech? Is it my thought? What are its qualities and so forth. You might be surprised what you find.

Best of luck in your endeavors!
Good advice KZ, I appreciate it. I must say reading some of this makes me feel internal opposition so that's a good sign to give these steps some consideration.
Unread 02-26-2017, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bina View Post
If you were an Indigo, you would know and identify with most traits. It usually kind of clicks with people - or it doesn't.
Indigos are often accused of being proud or arrogant, but it is actually more like they know certain things and can be very sure of themselves. They also often have an awareness of their own power and their divine nature, and this can be mistaken as pride or arrogance by others who don't understand them.
You know of any legitimate Indigos I can get in touch with? or maybe they have some videos online or some kind of footprints I can track? Words can only do so much and nothing more; I might have to experience one to get a better understanding of them.
Unread 02-26-2017, 07:05 AM

You might want to get even more specific than "pride" when you set about tinkering. The more defined something is, the easier you can grab on and work with it.

From what you say...I honestly don't see a problem. I presume you are just generally being wise.

Would you take business advice from a multimillionaire businessman who made his fortune in the concrete business if you were going into the same business yourself? If so, there's probably no major problem...

Maybe I'm not a good judge though, since I'm similar in a way. If I'd continued to follow others (admittedly well intentioned) advice I'd have been found dead in a bed with a bag around my head.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rawiri For This Useful Post:
conspiracy theorist (02-28-2017)
Unread 02-26-2017, 08:15 AM

Quote:
It's me folks.

I'm very proud, as well as stubborn and "borderline arrogant" (said by someone I know). It doesn't outflow in an obvious way; I've done a pretty good job of not being known as an insufferable blowhard. BUT, anyone who gives me direct instruction or "advice" tells me that I'm too stubborn and I don't listen to them. I'm not bothered if 9/10 people think this way about me, but both of my parents within a week of each other stated as much about me, independent of any communication I might add. I also have an irrational belief in my own invulnerability and even in the dead of night, I like to stroll to my destinations although the majority of people advise against it(my country isn't safe)

To be honest, I see a lot of positives in these qualities but I'm concerned of the negatives. I don't want to be the type of person who disregards good counsel because of some immature need to remain independent, but I also don't want to be directed by anyone but myself in regard to the direction of my life. There is also the fact that having humility keeps your options open in life, as you perceive the value in even the "lowest" situations which can be capitalized on accordingly.

Anyway, I'm asking on possible solutions on how to decrease pride; some actionable ideas that can be implemented. Whether of a spiritual or mundane type I will look into.

Thanks all
Using whole sign houses, Sagittarius rising, with Mars, Jupiter and Sun in the 1st - that's like an impossible combination for humbleness! You are a born performer, maybe even the clown in class or at work. You love the limelight. Trying to become humble will make you very very unhappy. Just be your natural usual exuberant self and spend more time with people who appreciate that and less time with people who are annoyed by that.
Bunraku (05-16-2017), conspiracy theorist (02-28-2017)
Unread 02-26-2017, 09:26 AM

I hope you don't mind a newbie chiming in. Although I don't know if I'll be much help because I have a stubbornness problem as well. I hope I don't come off as harsh, I think you're definitely moving in the right steps.

Quote:
I also have an irrational belief in my own invulnerability and even in the dead of night, I like to stroll to my destinations although the majority of people advise against it(my country isn't safe)
Part of this may be youth. The brain doesn't finish growing until about 25 years old. It seems like you are still working on your reward system since your planning sounds like it's probably fine. A quote from the article I linked above, talks about how an active rewards system causes "adolescents and young adults [to be] more interested in entering uncertain situations to seek out and try to find whether there might be a possibility of gaining something from those situations."

Quote:
I don't want to be the type of person who disregards good counsel because of some immature need to remain independent, but I also don't want to be directed by anyone but myself in regard to the direction of my life.
A quote I've been trying to keep in mind that sort of touches on this: “Only fools and dead men don't change their minds. Fools won't and dead men can't.”
It doesn't hurt to hear what others may be saying and be open to it, since it really comes down to showing respect to that person. Throwing all advice away is foolish, as is accepting all advice; It just comes down to considering the pros and cons. Part of being humble would be knowing that someone else may be more knowledgable/experienced about something than you.

Quote:
For instance, if I am better than someone at something, especially when empirical proof is involved, saying to myself "No, this person is just as good as me" would be indulging in false pride, which I actually think is another manifestation of pride through reaction formation.
You don't even have to compare yourself because we all have our strengths and limitations. It would be a lie to say they were just as good if they weren't, but there are often other things that they did well. For example, in a sports game there are winners and losers. The ones that lost didn't do as well, but maybe they continued to play with heart and didn't give up. It's something to admire and appreciate as a strength. Notice the strengths in other people.

Quote:
I've actually begun trying to listen to people more. I can feel the internal resistance in my gut every time I give people any "space" in my mind. I'm working on making that sensation a little less dominating.
The big part of humility is looking outwards towards others and being less egocentric. It all comes down to respecting others and acceptance of not only them, but also that you yourself can make mistakes and aren't perfect.
The Following User Says Thank You to kahtiel For This Useful Post:
Unread 02-26-2017, 04:11 PM

"Good advice KZ, I appreciate it. I must say reading some of this makes me feel internal opposition so that's a good sign to give these steps some consideration."

Yes, they always say that's a good sign.

https://tricycle.org/magazine/breaki...t-selfishness/
The Following User Says Thank You to Kuntuzangmo For This Useful Post:
Unread 02-26-2017, 05:15 PM

C.t., there's a huge difference between being well-balanced and "self-located", which is how you ARE, and being narcissistic and "self-centered", which is NOT how you are.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
chris10 (02-26-2017), conspiracy theorist (02-28-2017)
Unread 02-26-2017, 06:38 PM

Quote:
It's me folks.

I'm very proud, as well as stubborn and "borderline arrogant" (said by someone I know). It doesn't outflow in an obvious way; I've done a pretty good job of not being known as an insufferable blowhard. BUT, anyone who gives me direct instruction or "advice" tells me that I'm too stubborn and I don't listen to them. I'm not bothered if 9/10 people think this way about me, but both of my parents within a week of each other stated as much about me, independent of any communication I might add. I also have an irrational belief in my own invulnerability and even in the dead of night, I like to stroll to my destinations although the majority of people advise against it(my country isn't safe)

To be honest, I see a lot of positives in these qualities but I'm concerned of the negatives. I don't want to be the type of person who disregards good counsel because of some immature need to remain independent, but I also don't want to be directed by anyone but myself in regard to the direction of my life. There is also the fact that having humility keeps your options open in life, as you perceive the value in even the "lowest" situations which can be capitalized on accordingly.

Anyway, I'm asking on possible solutions on how to decrease pride; some actionable ideas that can be implemented. Whether of a spiritual or mundane type I will look into.

Thanks all
The fact that you are on here discussing this shows that you are not as arrogant as you think.

So, how to decrease pride? Tough one.
Generally speaking, exercising humility helps;
realizing that we are all Human and that we all die no matter how beautiful, smart or rich we are.

It depends.

What are you proud of ?
What makes you arrogant?

Sooner or later all the people of the world will have to discover a way to live together in peace, and thereby transform this pending cosmic elegy into a creative psalm of brotherhood. If this is to be achieved, man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love.
Martin Luther King Jr.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDrfqsqG-aM
The Following User Says Thank You to chris10 For This Useful Post:
Unread 02-26-2017, 08:14 PM

Hi,

To your question:
Quote:
How to decrease pride
Astrologically speaking, going by your chart, the Saturn in Pisces generation begs for some sensibility in (self) illusion, and that Saturn-Merc. asks for mature thinking and humility. As you can see, Saturn linked to all of the above points clearly at what your karma should be.

Mars at the forefront is often the cause for a big fall some time in life. Mars in Sag. can lead to a know-it-all and all-to-daring attitudes easily. So, watch it. You don't want that Sag. (fiery) Mars to get the better of you and keep fanning those flames, just the way it is doing so for Trump - Leo (fiery) Mars also bang on the Asc.

I think another problem could be that Aqua Moon that could make you seem too aloof by nature, especially as you don't have much earth or water in your chart to balance it. That Sag. and Aqua combo, along with Sun-Pluto can make you seem aloof and very opinionated with a big ego. However, that could be self-destructive (Sun-Pluto). Good though that you are aware of it. And, parents don't lie, so pay heed to what they say!

“Some people try to be tall by cutting off the heads of others.” —Paramahansa Yogananda
The Following User Says Thank You to aquarius7000 For This Useful Post:
Unread 02-26-2017, 08:52 PM

Quote:
It's an idea that is supported by the buddhists (correct me if I'm wrong) who claim that this is the age of 1,000 buddhas, that is evolved spiritual beings coming to Earth to act as a counter- force for the darkness of this age.
Actually there where 144000 souls of light who came here a very long time ago to hold the frequency during the luciferian rebellion. These souls are still here now when the earth is returning to original creator god again and the duality war is over.

Y

Last edited by ynnest; 02-26-2017 at 08:54 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ynnest For This Useful Post:
Unread 02-28-2017, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawiri View Post
You might want to get even more specific than "pride" when you set about tinkering. The more defined something is, the easier you can grab on and work with it.
This thread has been really good in helping me contemplate the issue more thoroughly. Pride might not be the best fit after all, but something akin to a mixture of presumption, foolhardiness, judgmental disregard with a lack of remorse and mulishness. A lot to unpack but that's the business that I concern myself with.

Quote:
From what you say...I honestly don't see a problem. I presume you are just generally being wise.

Would you take business advice from a multimillionaire businessman who made his fortune in the concrete business if you were going into the same business yourself? If so, there's probably no major problem...
One thing that I think I have a knack for is listening to the right people and picking good teachers. I attribute this to the strength of my Jupiter, also known as Guru. But even in the back of my head I doubt even the most expert -- but as you say and I agree, that's just practicing good sense.

Quote:
Maybe I'm not a good judge though, since I'm similar in a way. If I'd continued to follow others (admittedly well intentioned) advice I'd have been found dead in a bed with a bag around my head.
Hmm, yeah. A lot of people like to run their mouth about your situation. That's where my skepticism and stubbornness serve me well. I've actually been very fortunate to always get pretty decent advice on here, and this isn't the first time I've expressed a problem on AW either.

Tags
decrease, pride