planets aspecting ASC may affect physical appearance?

Alshat

Account Closed
Which traits can have someone on their body when a planet interacts with the ASC? Or is this just related with personality and the first impression people give?

It matters if it is a personal or outer planet making the aspect?

Do the physichal change according to the aspect? For example, someone with saturn conjunct ASC and other with saturn square ASC look different?

JUPITERASC

Which traits can have someone on their body when a planet interacts with the ASC?
Or is this just related with personality and the first impression people give?

Main Rulerships of 1st House

Life, vitality and health.

Stature, colour, complexion, form and shape of body :smile:
Older sources note 1st house influences upon the intellect, the way the mind works, and speech.
In general, the first house represents the focal point for the personality and manner of expression.
As well as describing the physical appearance,

the condition of this house and that of its planetary ruler indicates the level of personal vitality and strength
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h1.html

Do the physichal change according to the aspect?
For example, someone with saturn conjunct ASC and other with saturn square ASC look different?

RON BIPPUS 40 YEAR RESEARCH ON PHYSICAL APPEARANCE INDICATORS
RELATIVE TO PLANETS ASPECTING ASCENDANT
http://reocities.com/athens/delphi/1601/physical.html

katydid

Which traits can have someone on their body when a planet interacts with the ASC? Or is this just related with personality and the first impression people give?

Do the physichal change according to the aspect? For example, someone with saturn conjunct ASC and other with saturn square ASC look different?

I was in a large Astrology study group back in the 80's. We spent quite a bit of time looking at that issue. We used our own charts and those of close friends, w'accurate birth times. We looked at pictures and at each other and tried to determine if the Asc sign was the biggest indicator, or 1st house plants, or rulers, or aspects.

There was not a total consensus, other than we found that squares and oppositions to the ASC did not seem to have the same weight in terms of physical appearance. It did affect personality traits, physicality though. Like being awkward or speedy or not etc.

But it SEEMED that planets conjunct the ASC and the sign itself, blended with genetics, were the strongest significators of appearance. Jupiter seemed to add warmth, girth, openness, broad shoulders,etc. Saturn seemed to add ssriousness, lankiness, angularity, great bone structure, Mars added great muscularity, strength, athleticism, energy, sometimes a reddish glow or hair tone, prominent forehead,

Venus seemed to add an element of attractiveness, grace, beauty, great proportions, charm...in males as well as females...

The Moon added cherubic round face, fleshiness, emotional energy, a caring attitude.

Mercury added a mental, quick, agile, changeable type of flighty energy...

The Sun added vitality, power, confidence to the persona.

Strangely, we were all over the place with how Uranus affected the ASC.

But Neptune added an ethereal, tender, compassionate energy and a chameleon type quality. Like the natives with Neptune/ Asc. seemed to go through different personas in stages. Goth, Hippie, Nerd, depending upon their moods...

We had quite a few Pluto conjunct Ascendants in our group. Mostly Pluto in Leo or Virgo because this was a long time ago. But Pluto /Asc did not seem to follow any similar physical attributes but did add an intensity and a stand offishness---kind of an air of superiority, perhaps.

This was just what we found as a group, looking at about 200 charts. Findings may vary and some may disagree...:wink:

demetraceres

What about asteroids conjunct Ascendant? Did anybody notice any influence? I have only read something about Chiron, I don't know about other asteroids.

Speaking about planets - how much does it change if the planet is not in conjunction with Ascendant, but still in the first house?

Last edited:

Alshat

Account Closed
As far as I know the ASC is the only astrology item related to physical appearance, a planet in the 1st House beyond 10° from the ASC will affect your personality, but not your body.

Is a good question the one you make, maybe if we look at the asteroids' rulers (they have dignities, haven't they?), could imagine physical traits for those who have them conjunct the ascendant.

And what about the stars? are they strong enough to shape people's phenotypes?

JUPITERASC

As far as I know the ASC is the only astrology item related to physical appearance,
a planet in the 1st House beyond 10° from the ASC will affect your personality, but not your body.

Is a good question the one you make,
maybe if we look at the asteroids' rulers (they have dignities, haven't they?),
could imagine physical traits for those who have them conjunct the ascendant.

And what about the stars? are they strong enough to shape people's phenotypes?
There are one hundred and fifty million asteroids http://www.universetoday.com/97571/how-many-asteroids-are-out-there/ and more are discovered daily :smile:
Time to research effects of the five million asteroids that are
conjunct EVERY individual degree of a natal chart

noouraz2

my venus in the 1st house but my asc is scorpio in this case does pluto and mars effect my appearance since the both rules scorpio sign?

JUPITERASC

Speaking about planets
- how much does it change if the planet is not in conjunction with Ascendant,

but still in the first house?
a planet in 1st House affects the appearance
HOWEVER
different House Systems place planets in other houses
dependent on the House system in use
as in the following example
in which Venus is in 1st House using Placidus
but iin 2nd House using Whole Signs
my venus in the 1st house
but my asc is scorpio
nevertheless
your natal Venus in Sagittarius is in the 2nd Whole Sign House
and does not aspect the adjacent sign of Scorpio
the fact is
house location of a natal planet can change

dependent on the house system chosen :smile:

easily verify that fact at astro.com's Extended Chart Selection Page
there, fourteen of the more popular house systems currently in use are available options

EXPLANATORY ASTROLOGICAL HOUSES ARTICLE http://www.librarising.com/astrology/misc/wholesignhouses.html

'...There are at least twenty or thirty different house systems
or means of dividing the so-called "birthchart" into twelve segments of life activity.
In astrology, houses, mansions, or domains, represent general areas of life activity
and are the grounding areas or arenas of expression for planets.

Originally, the words "houses" and "signs" were interchangeable.
A planet in Aries was also a planet in the house of Aries,
so that in effect
there were no real houses as we know them today....'

'….Artificial divisions now known as houses
were attempts by early Greeks and Hindus to measure strength "points" in the horoscope
which during 7th and 8th centuries AD were construed
or confused
as means of dividing the birth chart.
The ascendant and midheaven degrees and their opposites were definite power points
or areas of intense focus
but not necessarily the beginnings of a house or quadrant. ...'

in this case does pluto and mars effect my appearance since the both rules scorpio sign?
Traditionally Mars rules Scorpio
and
your natal Mars is in Capricorn
therefore Saturn influences your appearance via being ruler of Capricorn
and your natal Pisces Saturn aspects your ascendant by trine
clearly your appearance has multiple planetary influences

noouraz2

a planet in 1st House affects the appearance
HOWEVER
different House Systems place planets in other houses
dependent on the House system in use
as in the following example
in which Venus is in 1st House using Placidus
but iin 2nd House using Whole Signs

nevertheless
your natal Venus in Sagittarius is in the 2nd Whole Sign House
and does not aspect the adjacent sign of Scorpio
the fact is
house location of a natal planet can change

dependent on the house system chosen :smile:

easily verify that fact at astro.com's Extended Chart Selection Page
there, fourteen of the more popular house systems currently in use are available options

EXPLANATORY ASTROLOGICAL HOUSES ARTICLE http://www.librarising.com/astrology/misc/wholesignhouses.html

'...There are at least twenty or thirty different house systems
or means of dividing the so-called "birthchart" into twelve segments of life activity.
In astrology, houses, mansions, or domains, represent general areas of life activity
and are the grounding areas or arenas of expression for planets.

Originally, the words "houses" and "signs" were interchangeable.
A planet in Aries was also a planet in the house of Aries,
so that in effect
there were no real houses as we know them today....'

'….Artificial divisions now known as houses
were attempts by early Greeks and Hindus to measure strength "points" in the horoscope
which during 7th and 8th centuries AD were construed
or confused
as means of dividing the birth chart.
The ascendant and midheaven degrees and their opposites were definite power points
or areas of intense focus
but not necessarily the beginnings of a house or quadrant. ...'

Traditionally Mars rules Scorpio
and
your natal Mars is in Capricorn
therefore Saturn influences your appearance via being ruler of Capricorn
and your natal Pisces Saturn aspects your ascendant by trine
clearly your appearance has multiple planetary influences

Hello JupiterAsc I really appreciate your explanation but astro.com doesn't show my birth city so I use astrotheme.com instead that is why I got venus in 1st house. another thing is my saturn in aquarius I am lost and I don't know what city to choose...

JUPITERASC

Hello JupiterAsc I really appreciate your explanation but astro.com doesn't show my birth city s
o I use astrotheme.com instead that is why I got venus in 1st house.
another thing is my saturn in aquarius I am lost and I don't know what city to choose...
Hello noouraz2 glad my comments are helpful - persevere with finding the nearest city located to your birth city :smile: