Does he have any feelings?

Stella

Dear people, please help me to get some insight.
I'm not learned into how to interpret a chart, except for the very basic things, so I'd be very grateful if you take few minutes to answer the question.
I'm seeing a guy who works at the same company and lives in the same building as I do. Our job is such, that we can not spend a lot of time together. So we see each other occasionally. When we're not together, I'm writing him, but he's not very good in responding. The last few days he is ignoring me completely. He is not answering my texts, he is not picking up the phone.. He is from a different culture and different religion. However, I never felt like that is something that could possibly stand between what we're having. He's been in a relationship with a woman from where I am originally from and I'm not sure if they are still together, for he avoids talking on the topic. It is impossible to get any clear information from him, and I am very confused. I know it's not an ideal situation, but we've been seeing each other for a quite some time now and I feel like I can't just walk away and forget everything. I also have doubts that he's up to something with a ,friend, of mine, but that's another story, and no hard evidence, just something I doubt. Please take a look at the chart and tell me if he has any feelings for me at all?
And I apologize for the chart upfront, if it's done the wrong way. Please let me know how could I make a proper one.

Attachments

• HORARY.jpg
    HORARY.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 44

IleneK

Premium Member
Dear people, please help me to get some insight.
I'm not learned into how to interpret a chart, except for the very basic things, so I'd be very grateful if you take few minutes to answer the question.
I'm seeing a guy who works at the same company and lives in the same building as I do. Our job is such, that we can not spend a lot of time together. So we see each other occasionally. When we're not together, I'm writing him, but he's not very good in responding. The last few days he is ignoring me completely. He is not answering my texts, he is not picking up the phone.. He is from a different culture and different religion. However, I never felt like that is something that could possibly stand between what we're having. He's been in a relationship with a woman from where I am originally from and I'm not sure if they are still together, for he avoids talking on the topic. It is impossible to get any clear information from him, and I am very confused. I know it's not an ideal situation, but we've been seeing each other for a quite some time now and I feel like I can't just walk away and forget everything. I also have doubts that he's up to something with a ,friend, of mine, but that's another story, and no hard evidence, just something I doubt. Please take a look at the chart and tell me if he has any feelings for me at all?
And I apologize for the chart upfront, if it's done the wrong way. Please let me know how could I make a proper one.

Hi,

Since you say you are seeing him, he is signified by the ruler of the 7th, while you are signified by the ruler of the rising sign.

I do believe he has feelings for you. He/Venus invites or receives you/Mars well, as you are in the sign in which Venus is dignified. As there is mutual reception between the signifiers, you feel the same way towards him.

But while he is in pretty good shape, reflected by Venus being dignified by triplicity, you do not have much power to act, with you/Mars in its detriment and in the cadent 12th. The main problem as I see it, though, is that while Venus does applies to a square with Mars [which might point to a coming together but then likely a difficult coming apart later], Venus' square does not perfect before it perfects a sextile to Saturn.

So something gets in the way of coming together. Since Saturn rules the 3rd or 4th house matters for you, maybe what gets in the way is neighbors, people close by, siblings, or issues arising from home life. For him, since Saturn rules the his 9th or 10th house, it might be matters connected to issues controlled from far away or possibly work related.

But even if Venus did not aspect Saturn first, a square to debilitated Mars still would not have bode well, as I described in the previous paragraph.

Last edited:

BlueGranite

I have a question for Ilene and others who answer horary questions on this forum...do you always use the chart the querent provides, or do you sometimes cast your own chart for the time/place when you received and understood the question? If you do the latter, when and why?
I ask because I am not used to the querent providing their own chart. I have read that if the querent is someone who understands or dabbles in horary astrology and tries to interpret the chart themselves, or has given the question to another person who has some experience with horary astrology and that person has cast a chart, that the chart they create could be used. HOwever, if the querent has no experience practicing horary astrology, is the chart that they create still useful? IF so, what is the difference between this querent providing their own chart, and any querent coming to you with a question and a chart already prepared?

dr. farr

I always "recast the chart" (albeit in my mind's eye) in whole sign house format, before delineating it-however I always use the date, time and place when given on the posted chart. Whether or not the querent knows anything at all about astrology is irrelevant (from my perspective) just so long as they provide the time, date and place when the question was first asked.

dr. farr

Regarding the posted chart, (in whole sign) he = 7th house = Taurus, positing the South Node: indicates (for me) that he is under unusual (and negative) conditions, influences, etc at the present time, and that these influences are disrupting everything to do with his feelings about you at the present time; I would suggest asking this question again (for better clarification of the actual situation re to his feelings about you) in a month or so...

BlueGranite

I always "recast the chart" (albeit in my mind's eye) in whole sign house format, before delineating it-however I always use the date, time and place when given on the posted chart. Whether or not the querent knows anything at all about astrology is irrelevant (from my perspective) just so long as they provide the time, date and place when the question was first asked.

Thank you for explaining your process. I would find it helpful for those asking a question to also provide the date, time and place where the question was asked, even if they provide a chart, since I am not able to read all the data on the provided charts very clearly (eg I cannot read the degrees separating or applying for the aspects). Also, the chart provided does not state place, and without knowing the latitude of the area, I don't know how to determine the planetary hour ruler to check if chart is radical, because I can't determine times of sunrise and sunset without the latitude.

Here is what I see in the chart. I should note that I'm a beginner at horary astrology.
You are signified by Mars and he by Venus, which throws a question into my mind about the readability of the chart since the genders of the signifiers are reversed.
In any case, Mars is in detriment in LIbra, -5 in essential dignity, and also -5 in accidental dignity since in 12th cadent house. VEnus is peregrine but has some accidental dignity. I don't agree with the earlier interpretation that Venus is dignified by triplicity, since Venus is the daytime ruler of Capricorn's triplicity, but this question was asked at night, so Venus does not have triplicity dignity.
Hence both signifiers are weak, yours more so.
THere are no aspects between the signifiers. THe way I was taught horary astrology, I don't look at the next upcoming aspect between the signifiers if it is out of orb or a long way off. (But as a beginner, I'm not certain about this.) So although it is true that Venus squares Mars eventually, I don't think that is significant for the question. As Ilene pointed out, Venus does make another aspect with another planet before this square occurs, but I see Venus squaring Moon before she comes to sextile Saturn.

I dont' see mutual reception, either. Mars is indeed in a sign ruled by Venus, namely LIbra, but Venus in Capricorn is not in Mars' sign, and I don't see her in Mars' triplicity either since I don't use the mixed or participating triplicity ruler Mars as the triplicity ruler for horary questions. I have Moon as the triplicity ruler for nighttime in Capricorn.

I would say that based on this chart, the answer is that he does not have the kinds of feelings for you that you hope for.

I am new to this forum and still wondering about how it works when a querent provides their own chart, particularly if they are not trained in reading horary charts. So out of curiosity I cast another chart for the time, date and place where I received this question and interpreted it. See below.

First thing to notice about the chart is that the Ascendant is in very early degrees, which could mean either that the chart is not readable or that the situation is in its very beginning stages and it is too early to tell what the outcome will be.
According to this chart, you are signified by Mercury and he by Jupiter. To me this set of signifiers has more resonance than those from the previous chart, since you are the one making a lot of communication attempts in this situation, and Mercury is the natural ruler of communication.
Mercury is in detriment but is in Jupiter's sign...Jupiter is in exaltation and also dignified by term but is not in Mercury's sign or triplicity. THis suggests, like with the previous chart, that you are weaker or less in control of this situation than he is, but in this chart he is stronger than in the chart you provided.

THere is an in-orb aspect between the signifiers. ..Mercury is applying to trine Jupiter and is within Jupiter's orb. So by this chart the aspect suggests that there is a good prognosis for the relationship, however the fact that your signifier is in detriment while his is in exaltation suggests his feelings will be more signficant to the outcome than yours, or rather, he is in control of what happens. Your signifier is in his house (7th...his 1st house) which does reflect the amount of energy you have involved in him, but his signifier is in your 11th house (house of your friends) and/or in his 5th house, which could indicate either the relationship staying at the level of friendship, or involving intimate relations but not at the level of long-term relationship.

Attachments

• Horary Chart Feb 2 2014.jpg
    Horary Chart Feb 2 2014.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited: