Will I rent out apartment by March 1?

tsmall

Premium Member
@ tsmall
I never said that your judgement is wrong. I just said that I hold different opinion. There is a big difference between these two.

Obviously my light-hearted wit and humor wasn't received. It always comes down to reception, doesn't it? ;)

I mostly follow Frawley

I mostly don't. Mainly because of reception. :surprised:

"Bonatti says that a conjunction cannot be prohibited by an aspect. It demonstrably can, but a conjunction is certainly more likely to be able to overcome prohibition."

Yes, Bonatti alludes to this, as does Saul. Saul says

Likewise, if a planet would be joined to another planet in one sign, and it would send its own disposition to an other-- that is, it would be joined to another--who would be in another sign, and after the conjunction of this one by aspect he would arrive to the one with whom he is in one sign, and he is joined to him, the judgement will be according to the planet who is with him in the same sign.

Which means you have to look at the condition of the planet in the same sign and include everything. And that brings us back to this

Saturn in Moon's fall, the querent may not like the candidate

Reception. Or lack of it, is what tells you how or if things will perfect as the querent wishes. In this case we not only don't have reception, we have rejection. Saturn is in Moon's fall, and Moon is debilitated and peregrine. Saturn is rejecting the Moon.

And if a planet were joined to another planet in its own descension, or that pushing planet were to descend, it will make him go down, and it subtracts from what would come to him from this.

Last edited:

BlueGranite

Moon Via Combusta shows that you are very much troubled by this question

I don't understand this...how is the Moon in Via COmbusta? in this chart, the moon is over 60 degrees away from the sun...via Combusta means, as I understand it, that a planet is within a very few degrees of the Sun, less than 8 or 10.

BlueGranite

OK thanks. And "who" is Mercury here? I think I missed that in the thread...?

I am a beginner at horary astrology but I here offer some things on this question.

Who and/or what Mercury represents would be indicated by the houses that the signs he rules (Gemini and Virgo) are in. THus Mercury signifies the 3rd house, which stands for such things as querent's siblings, neighbors and communications. Mercury is also the Natural Ruler of communication. Mercury also signifies the 12th house, which has to do with querent's hidden enemies and querent's self-undoing. Also, the radical 12th house is the 6th house of the prospective tenant, meaning it represents his/her illnesses or unfortunate events.

So if Mercury prohibits the aspect of Moon conjunct Saturn, this could indicate that some type of communication gets in the way of making the deal, or neighbors interfere and obstruct, or the prospective tenant has an illness or some other unpleasant urgent matter that interferes with the subletting plan.

BlueGranite

Let us know what the outcome on this horary question is...post an update when info becomes available...so that we can see how the results correlate to the interpretations given. I find it really intriguing when two different experienced astrologers give different answers!

tsmall

Premium Member
I am a beginner at horary astrology but I here offer some things on this question.

Who and/or what Mercury represents would be indicated by the houses that the signs he rules (Gemini and Virgo) are in. THus Mercury signifies the 3rd house, which stands for such things as querent's siblings, neighbors and communications. Mercury is also the Natural Ruler of communication. Mercury also signifies the 12th house, which has to do with querent's hidden enemies and querent's self-undoing. Also, the radical 12th house is the 6th house of the prospective tenant, meaning it represents his/her illnesses or unfortunate events.

So if Mercury prohibits the aspect of Moon conjunct Saturn, this could indicate that some type of communication gets in the way of making the deal, or neighbors interfere and obstruct, or the prospective tenant has an illness or some other unpleasant urgent matter that interferes with the subletting plan.

Taps nose.

Ok, what will prohibit the conncection? Well, Mercury is in the 8th as mentioned, and Mercury rules the 12th of self undoing but also secret enemies. It also rules the 3rd of communication. Loose lips sink ships.

KatyaVelikaya

Wow, step away and a whole new pages is born!
Anyway, thanks for the input. I had forgotten or was confused about Mercury I guess bc of how it was phrased, for some reason I wasn't equating "ruling" with "representing" ie if it "rules" communications then it *is* communications, and so forth. But tsmal, duly noted about what you'd writen in the first post, I just didnt know what that meant at first about who merc is.

So we have the Mercury can be the following:

-querent's siblings, neighbors and communications.
-querent's hidden enemies
-querent's self-undoing.
-prospective tenant's illnesses or unfortunate events.
ie
-communication gets in the way of making the deal
-neighbors interfere and obstruct
-prospective tenant has an illness or some other unpleasant urgent matter that interferes with the subletting plan.

My siblings aren't going to get in the way of anything, I'm 100% sure of that.
Neighbors - I do not officially know my neighbors here, so if smthing were to happen in that area it would actually mean that i FOUND a person and DID sublet but then the neighbors somehow complained and if that happened, I"d lose the apartment (but this implies that i do find a tenant and sublet first). Bc my prospective tenant if anyone, will not know my neighbors.
The prospect of the tenant getting an illness is always likely bc that would clearly prevent them from agreeing to the sublet (if they're interested then suddenly can't move in or whatever).

Anyway whatever happens at all iwill update the thread later but so far nothing has happened at all.

BlueGranite

One other thing Mercury could signify...as the ruler of the radical 3rd house he is also ruler of the prospective tenants' turned 9th house. THis house signifies long journeys, studies, religion, lawyers, legal affairs, dreams (among other thigns). So perhaps a prospective tenant's long trip or his/her studies could interfere with the subletting plan, or the prospective tenant's attorney, or his/her legal affairs could interfere. An example of the latter would be that you find out, before the contract is agreed to, that the prospective tenant has formerly been taken to court and evicted from a previous apartment, and on that basis you (wisely!) decline to rent to the person.

Last edited:

tikana

guys and gals

first .. she needs to find out if she is doing this legally. As I pointed out in another thread of hers that what she wants to do is illegal. IF there is an eviction of a new tenant... SHE WILL end up in hot waters BECAUSE the judge will look at the papers how is it that the tenant paying less than an average renter in the block. If KV does rent out the place for full rent amount as everyone else who is not on low income, then she is breaching the contract between the US govt and herself, which is pretty much fraud and felony. either way she is in hot waters if she proceeds with this. To question her "how am I going to pay 8000 every month?" the US govt doesn't give a rat's azz. Going through the chart is pointless without her doing the job checking with the govt NOT THE LANDLORD! and this is not 1/6 case but 1/7 because she is not an owner of the place. She doesn't hold the title or a loan on the apartment. it is regular rental. so Her agreement with the landlord/us govt can be revoked as she can revoke the new tenant.

T

IleneK

Premium Member
guys and gals

first .. she needs to find out if she is doing this legally. As I pointed out in another thread of hers that what she wants to do is illegal. IF there is an eviction of a new tenant... SHE WILL end up in hot waters BECAUSE the judge will look at the papers how is it that the tenant paying less than an average renter in the block. If KV does rent out the place for full rent amount as everyone else who is not on low income, then she is breaching the contract between the US govt and herself, which is pretty much fraud and felony. either way she is in hot waters if she proceeds with this. To question her "how am I going to pay 8000 every month?" the US govt doesn't give a rat's azz. Going through the chart is pointless without her doing the job checking with the govt NOT THE LANDLORD! and this is not 1/6 case but 1/7 because she is not an owner of the place. She doesn't hold the title or a loan on the apartment. it is regular rental. so Her agreement with the landlord/us govt can be revoked as she can revoke the new tenant.
Thank you, tikana, for taking us back to tsmall's astute original assessment of the matter, brought into high resolution by her analysis of the nature of the querent's signifier combined with prohibition from Mercury. It is well worth reading it again [below].
I think the answer is no, you will not find a sublessee for your apartment.

You = Moon. Moon also indicates your state of mind, and as previously pointed out via combust is frazzled, frightened and in a general tizzy.

Moon as you indicates you. Moon is peregrine and in fall. Fall is sometimes considered worse than detriment as it denotes a fall from grace. Peregrine could mean wiley/crafty/less than honest or it could indicate someone who has to rely on their own resources to achieve their ends. How do we figure out which?

Sect.

Moon is out of sect for this being a day chart. (And it may or may not be siginficant that the Sun is in the 8th house/sign and also in detriment.) Moon is in feminine sign and degree, but masculine quadrant. Out of sect planets indicate someone who is either acting against his/her nature, doing something they wouldn't normally do, or doing something completely inappropriate. Because Moon is in fall in feminine degree and sign (and that sign is Scorpio, the sign of secrets and hidden things) yet not of the chart sect and in masculine quadrant, I think it is safe to say (and the OP's comments bear this out) that the Moon is acting according to her nature and yet still doing something that is completely inappropriate. BTW, Moon is within a degree of conjunction with the South Scale.

Risk? Wonder why we find Moon in the 5th sign and house?

Moon is in a partile dexter sextile (dexter indicating something more forward and dynamic as opposed to intimate) with Venus. Venus is retrograde in the 7th, in Moon's detriment while Moon is in Venus' detriment. We call this rejection. Moon is trying to push management (because Moon lacks dignity) to Venus and Venus is in no mood to hear it. Venus' location in the 7th (location, location, location. Works for astrology as well as real estate) means Venus has more direct say over what happens in the 7th than the absent ruler Saturn, who has issues of his own. Venus would reject Moon if she were direct; being retrograde means also returning, and in this case returning with corruption. This is not a nice sextile at all.

Venus rules what? Aptly, the 4th house/sign of home and the 11th sign of stuff you get from government. Um. Ouch.

But, let's look at Saturn as the potential sublessee. He is of the sect of the chart (diurnal planet in a day chart) but also peregrine (no resources) in feminine sign and degree, though masculine quadrant. He also occupies a degree that is both pitted and empty. Ouch. Nothing is happening with Saturn, since he is in aversion with his ruler Mars even though there is mutual reception (generosity). Mars in detriment in the third, and Mars is tied up with Mercury...

And then there is Mercury. Mercury is translating light between Mars and Saturn...and if we keep in mind that with only seven classical planets to work with we will often need to look at those planets in dual roles...Saturn is not only L7 but also L8. And the 8th house is the querent's "other people's stuff", taxes, a greater house of fear, and in general not a nice thing.. as well as Saturn's second....

We come to the crux of why this is a no. Mercury is prohibiting the connection between Moon and Saturn. We call this prohibition, but the older term for it is barring or blocking, and it gives the sense of something or someone actually, concretely standing in between the querent and the thing being sought. There is a legal connotation to the term as well, as in a thing is "prohibited by law" from being allowed.

Ok, what will prohibit the conncection? Well, Mercury is in the 8th as mentioned, and Mercury rules the 12th of self undoing but also secret enemies. It also rules the 3rd of communication. Loose lips sink ships.

As tikana notes, it will be very bad if word gets out in any way about what k is proposing here. Certainly reflects out of sect behaviour that contributes to self undoing.

++++++++++++++

I personally say bravo and thank you for your insightful and complex delineation, tsmall. I always learn so much when you hold forth.

tikana

KV

actually... this is a public forum therefore you cannot really tell me to stop posting. FYI..

IF YOU DID it right and lawfully, your significator of your 1st house WOULD HAVE been dignified. It is either you are turning your blind eye on this or maybe you know what you are doing. Shall I go through every chart of your on this apartment to point out that you are tech speaking ******* up?

Greets

Last edited:

tikana

If we start griding this chart
Take a look at what is going on with Moon
Moon is via combusta -- BAD in Scorpio. Then moon hates Saturn - future tenant.
Lord of 9th - Messed up! - loyal exalted Juptier sitting in house of undoing and retro!
Mars - 10th house sitin 4th her own house with the fact that venus and Mars really hate each other and Venus about to go retro - really bad
moon squares merc ... where is merc? ohh yeah lord of 3rd! What is that? CONTRACTS! shall i continue? Uranus sits right on 10th house - another bust
Asce's 2nd house Sun sits in Aqua in 7th house (accidentally debiliated).. BUSTED!
merc sitting in 8th - something isn't right here at all!
EVEN if moon somehow bypasses merc to saturn. Moon - Saturn conjunction is MALEFIC. NO WAY!

Tsmall is right on the money here.. There is not a single thing I disagree or would challenge him on!

CAN THIS GET ANY WORSE??

you could treat Moon/Merc/Saturn as collection of light but it is all bad. Moon/merc - square.. moon/Saturn - malefic and Saturn is not dignified either while sitting in succeedent house.
Thank you, tikana, for taking us back to tsmall's astute original assessment of the matter, brought into high resolution by her analysis of the nature of the querent's signifier combined with prohibition from Mercury. It is well worth reading it again [below].
As tikana notes, it will be very bad if word gets out in any way about what k is proposing here. Certainly reflects out of sect behaviour that contributes to self undoing.

++++++++++++++

I personally say bravo and thank you for your insightful and complex delineation, tsmall. I always learn so much when you hold forth.

Last edited: