North Node in 12th House

hermetic

in Cancer?
how does one act it out/develops it properly? in terms of career, life goals? what should they be?

many thanks in advance:)

Adriano

Similar here. North Node in 12th in aquarius. My 12th house cusp is on aquarius. Uranus (ruler of aquarius) is in 10th.

What it could bring?

tsquare

how does one act it out/develops it properly? in terms of career, life goals? what should they be?

There is a thread by astrodaruba(hope I spelt that right:eek:) on the nodes in the houses...I liked those, saw them a while back, they were vedic descriptions.

It's arround here somewhere.

jupiter

astro.teacher said:
Some traditional interpretations of the Nodes here;

http://www.antiquus-astrology.com/Chap5-8.html

Thank You for the tip here astro.teacher My NN is in the 4th and consequently my SN is in my 10th, both exactly on the cusps, I was stunned to read that the SN in the 10th denotes a short life for the mother of the native and infelicity while she lives. how true!!!
Thanks.

Then the 10th house shows the mother!!

Natasha

I think of the south node in the 6th and north in the 12th as coming from the 'mundane' physical and routines of life to the spiritual and mysteries of life.
The nodal access seems to indicate the direction we are trying to focus towards in this life time.
The twelth is indeed about the spititul and mysteries & what is hidden - also it is the house where our family history lurks - the family skeletons, the family gold unlived, the family patterns.
In some way north node in the 12th may find themselves coming across & dealing with these family inheritances in some way

Dont forget the polarity, South node in the 6th knows & has mastered how to organise their day to day life (whether they realise it now or not they have the resources to do this)

milkywaygirl

hermetic said:
in Cancer?

many thanks in advance:)

north node in 12th encounters ones spiritual path in terms of experiences with the collective consciousness and the unconscious aspect of the self. nn in 12th struggles to become visible and recognized as an individual, seemingly existing just under the surface of the ocean of the collective.

a great example is camille claudel, who was a sculptor and student of auguste rodins. she had nn in scorpio in the 12th (with nn on me/ju midpoint). she struggled throughout her career to gain acceptance for her work from her peers, the press and the greater public. her work was seen as overly sensual, and she was censored and denied the recognition she craved. this is an apt representation of nn in 12th in scorpio, struggling to become visible and emerge from the ocean of the collective.

milkywaygirl

Natasha said:
I think of the south node in the 6th and north in the 12th as coming from the 'mundane' physical and routines of life to the spiritual and mysteries of life.
The nodal access seems to indicate the direction we are trying to focus towards in this life time.
The twelth is indeed about the spititul and mysteries & what is hidden - also it is the house where our family history lurks - the family skeletons, the family gold unlived, the family patterns.
In some way north node in the 12th may find themselves coming across & dealing with these family inheritances in some way

Dont forget the polarity, South node in the 6th knows & has mastered how to organise their day to day life (whether they realise it now or not they have the resources to do this)

the 4th house is much more significant of family inheritance/history/skeletons and patterns. 12th belongs to all and is universal.

Natasha

Indeed milkyway girl thanks - I am refering to our unconsious inheritance that traces back before the current living generations
This includes at a global, race memory, cultural and familial level.

By this I mean links to what is hidden - sicence would say its in our DNA.

I agree that the 4th indicates our current family particuarly the parent who was not seem as the authority parent and family patterns relating to our parents can indeed be seen there.

milkywaygirl

Natasha said:
Indeed milkyway girl thanks - I am refering to our unconsious inheritance that traces back before the current living generations
This includes at a global, race memory, cultural and familial level.

By this I mean links to what is hidden - sicence would say its in our DNA.

I agree that the 4th indicates our current family particuarly the parent who was not seem as the authority parent and family patterns relating to our parents can indeed be seen there.

good point natasha, i will have a think about that.

Wilmingtonian

I also have my nn in the 12th in Libra, conjunct Pluto. I've always felt strongly, restlessly compelled to "do what I'm meant to do" but I've never felt any certain sense of direction in regards to what I'm meant to do. I'm 30 and I've felt adrift in terms of life purpose for almost all of those years. :confused:

hermetic

Wilmingtonian said:
I've never felt any certain sense of direction in regards to what I'm meant to do.

nod.gif
exactly. And I somehow feel this has something to do with this NN placement.

milkywaygirl

Wilmingtonian said:
I also have my nn in the 12th in Libra, conjunct Pluto. I've always felt strongly, restlessly compelled to "do what I'm meant to do" but I've never felt any certain sense of direction in regards to what I'm meant to do. I'm 30 and I've felt adrift in terms of life purpose for almost all of those years. :confused:

check out if you have any midpoints on your nn, this might give you some insight into your path.

Neptune Rising

I've got N Node in 12th in Sagitarius, and was cluless to my life purpose and path until age 30 - I had practiced yoga since I was 16 and discovered a yoga teachers course. This is I feel my path, teaching yoga , meditation, I'm still learning about it myself.

NR

milkywaygirl

Wilmingtonian said:
How can I find any midpoints on my nn? That's new to me.

Thanks,
Wil

wilmingtonian,you have nn on your sun/uranus midpoint. i dont know of an online or free program that will let you calculate midpoints, maybe someone else knows? i just used solarfire to calculate. to do it by hand would be quite tedious.

here is the description of your su/ur = nn from COSI(combination of stellar influences by ebertin):

the ability to quickly make new contacts. sudden meetings, sudden experiences with other persons, being together with excited persons.

here is the description for su/ur midpoint:

principle-
a revolutionary spirit, a progressive mind (as applied to reform and technology). excitement or upset.

psychological correspondence-
+ originality, consciousness of and concentration upon an objective or aim, a - far-seeing mind, love of freedom, tendency to strive for reforms, mobility.
self-will, caprice or obstinacy, contradictory nature, impatience, excitable physical makeup, a muddled head, a troublemaker

sociological correspondence-
innovator, reformer, inventor, technician, rebel

probable manifestations-
+ a sudden turn in live, improvement of living conditions, a change of place of vocation, carrying out of innovations, reforms
- states of tension, sudden setbacks in life, upsetting experiences, sudden adjustment to new conditions or circumstances in life (found repeatedly in cases of military call-up and of imprisonment), connection with accidents or catastrophes.

basically, think about the energy of a sun/uranus conjunction, and that energy expressing itself via your north node.

sara31tx

I have my north node in Scorpio in the 12th House...I have always been unsure of what it is that I am here to do..I have been seriously thinking about a career in some sort of healing. Guess we will have to see how that pans out.

R4VEN

Natasha said:
That's very succinct, Natasha.
My (adult) son has NN in 12th in Scorpio, and this (along with his Scorp Asc) is a very intense feature in his chart. He indeed picks up the family patterns which I'm currently working through (going back 3 generations prior to me) and he reflects the whole lot back to me - at an unconscious level I'm sure. He is also very skilled at identifying these patterns in other families.
Since childhood this NN in 12th house in Scorpio has acted like a lightning rod for the anger, jealousy & acting-out of others. He gets the blame for a whole lot of stuff which is not his deal, and he also tends to `attract' people with `issues'. He has always found this difficult, but it also serves to strengthen him. He comes across as a very old soul.

natasa812

My True Node is in 12th in Aquarious - trines Pluto in 7th and Saturn in 3rd. This means that my N. Node should be in 6th.
From the link abowe:

In the sixth House, declares Good, and faithful, and honest servants; portends health of body, and a good constitution, or that very few diseases shall assault the Native : he will be fortunate in his Father’s kindred, and in beasts of the smaller sort. - true
and for the True Node: The Tail of the Dragon in the twelfth of a Nativity, denotes many oppressions unto the Enemies of the Native; yet the Native rarely escapes prejudice thereby : he is prejudiced by dealing in great cattle. - what to say about ``grat cattle`` ...
Natasa

Last edited: