Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Degree Symbols

Degree Symbols Discuss your experiences with all symbol systems based on astrological degrees in the chart (i.e., Sabian Symbols, Kozminsky Symbols, etc.): the symbols for the transiting Sun and Moon and the events of your life, the symbols of your natal chart...

Unread 11-29-2013, 08:15 PM

Part of Speculation & Part of Perspicacity

A discussion broke out in another thread regarding these parts. (I'm gonna copy & paste a bit of those posts here but you can go read it here: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...466#post519466 )

These parts were previously titled:

"Part of Speculation / Behest" : Asc + Jup - Nep
"Part of Cancer/ Malignancy" : Asc + Nep - Jup

Piercethevale has proposed a new title for the part of cancer (asc + nep - jup) as the "part of perspicacity"

Perspicacity being "of having acute mental vision or discernment" (taken from ptv's post which he got from merriam webster dictionary)

Would anyone like to share the symbols that they have for these two parts and whether or not they fit along this similar tenor? Or any other thoughts or comments regarding these parts?

Here's the part of piercethevale's post which led him to his conclusions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercethevale
With Neptune as the "Trigger" and Jupiter being the "Significator" I can see it as the imaginative faculties, the dream weaver within oneself [Neptune], giving rise to some dream of getting wealthy, gaining something desirous or possibly what could produce a desire to go out proselytizing, telling wondrous and beautiful tales about ones beliefs, ones religion [Jupiter].

I really don't believe that the Creator had cause to conceive of or the intent to create an astrological Part of Cancer or Malignancy.
As to what that formula utilizing Jupiter as to 'Trigger' Neptune... What would ones religion, philosophy, growth of wealth of material goods or knowledge then trigger the higher imaginative faculties, the higher octave of Venus and subsequently result in? Why not let's take a look at that Yeshu'a chart of mine and see?
So, in that "Yeshu'a" natal chart we find that, Asc. + Nep - Jup = 11*57' 06" Virgo (editted for lack of knowing how to use the astro symbols -phoenixvenus) ...which is the 12th degree of Virgo and to now try to understand this subsequent result the only hope we have is in the Sabian Symbol for VIRGO 12*: [ibid.]

"
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercethevale
AFTER THE WEDDING, THE GROOM SNATCHES THE VEIL AWAY FROM HIS BRIDE.

KEYNOTE: The penetrating and unveiling power of the trained mind.

In contrast to the preceding symbol we have now a scene stressing a physical action with psychological and/or spiritual overtones. In ancient cosmologies the male god often appears in three roles as son, husband and father of the woman element of nature. Nature is fulfilled by the human mind and will that overcome her; she resists only better to be subdued by the power that transcends her, and by transcending her gives her a spiritual meaning. The element of 'training' in the symbolic scene comes from the fact that there has been a marriage ritual; thus the sociocultural factor is in the background. The teacher-guru is here the priest who has performed the ritual.

At this second stage the rules are reversed, the masculine element assuming the dynamic positive part in the great play of polarity. The masculine act balances the feminine dream visualization. The Keyword is UNVEILING. There can also be an unveiling of mysteries, long protected by secrecy."

Well if you consider that by the natal chart I have for Yeshu'a [in fact it is the aspect that led me to the time of day that Edgar Cayce gave for the birth] consists of a Pluto/Asc. conj. and that said conjunction bestows upon the native an ability to see the energies of all creation at work in the physical realm as to like having some sort of x-ray vision according to the Astrologers Handbook by Sakoian and Acker but as to which I like to use the simile of 'as like the character, Neo, in the movie the "Matrix", where he could see what was the makeup of the reality/illusion he saw'...then why would Yeshu'a's ability to see through the illusion be considered some sort of "Malignancy"?
Well, yes this ability was apparently growing in faculty for him and the, knowledge, the awareness of his possessing this ability was spreading among the peoples of near and was heading out afar... but really..."Malignancy"?

I have to call attention to Dane Rudhyar's "Keynote" words;
"The penetrating and unveiling power of the trained mind."
...would that be a mind that was schooled entirely by a community that followed the teachings of Melchizedek and for hundreds of years had passed these sacred teachings from generation to generation and in this process isolating themselves from the rest of their brethren as so markedly as to pronounced a different sect called "The Expectant", or more properly and in Hebrew as "The Essenes"?
The knowledge and teaching of Melchizedek is legendary for it being that knowledge which is veiled from worldly men.

So, I am pretty confident that the Part identified as a 'Part of Cancer/Malignancy' would be immeasurably more appropriately titled something derived from the analysis of examining the same Part from the Yeshu'a chart... yet one good piece of evidence may be enough to exonerate but is insufficient to establish much beyond that... [although, Phoenix Venus, you know how much faith I do have in the Yeshu'a chart as to be the ultimate litmus test for all matters of questions astrological about natal charts... so much so that I call it "The Template"...both bench mark and rosetta stone, in one.] ...The question being for the present is just what do we call it ..at least temporarily, if not permanently...?

The 'Part of Spiritual Insights and Understandings Derived From Ones Discipleship' ...? ...'Spiritual Acumen'...? hmmm.... "Perspicacity"
....!!!

I like that one...

"The Part of Perspicacity"

(some of the emphasis and colors might have been changed during the copy/paste)

And here is part of my response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix venus
The symbolism for Yeshua's reverse part for jupiter - neptune has a lot of connections to the one for neptune - jupiter.

Here is Yeshua's part of speculation:

"A RABBI PERFORMING HIS DUTIES.
KEYNOTE: The ability to draw on the power of an ancestral tradition in order to serve and inspire one's fellowmen.
Here we see at work the constructive use of rather rigid yet effectual sociocultural and religious patterns. The energies of the collective Unconscious are channeled through well-defined, age-old forms and formulas. This implies limitations and the possibility of sclerosis or inertia when confronted with new situations, yet there is beauty and wisdom in such a ritualization of behavior and of thinking.
This is the fifth stage of the fortieth five-fold sequence. At this stage the relation of man, the individual, to his community – and beyond it, the universe – is seen in stabilized and effective operation. INHERITED WISDOM can be focused through a person who accepts its limitations. "
Quote:
... and it does make sense seeing as how He was one who was against "tradition for the sake of it" especially as it applied to the church.....

Around the time of the dawn of christianity, there was a lot of confusion amongst churches about whether new converts had to adapt to the jewish laws....

and that all seems to relate to a lack of "depth-understanding" as it pertains to inherited wisdom from traditions.
Quote:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phoenix Venus For This Useful Post:
piercethevale (11-30-2013), princess valhalla (11-30-2013)
Unread 11-29-2013, 08:56 PM

Re: Part of Speculation & Part of Perspicacity

Here are mine.

"Perspicacity" : Asc + Nep - Jup:

"(CANCER 11°): A CLOWN CARICATURING WELL-KNOW PERSONALITIES.
KEYNOTE: The value of humor in developing objectivity and independence of mind.
Humor and irony is a powerful tool in assessing the value of socio-cultural realities, and thereby in freeing oneself from glamour and prejudice. Laughter deconditions and often paves the way to a realization that we need not be unduly impressed by what our tradition has more or less forced upon our consciousness. The clown, of course, is the more popular manifestation of this urge to laugh, which seems to be such a basic characteristic of human nature. Caricature and satire are more intellectual forms of the same need for intellectual freedom.
In this twenty-first five fold sequence we witness the development of true individuality in man. And the first step is a cathartic one – the ability to laugh, which includes the ability to laugh at ones own petty habits and mannerisms – indeed, at one’s pomposity. It is a DECONDITIONING step. "

Well, i did make fun of my own hairy toe this morning.

I'd say it makes perfect sense on a few levels. I've always been very observant of other people... and held objectivity & "free thinking" in high regard...

and... "we need not be unduly impressed by what our tradition has more or less forced upon our consciousness." --- YES SIRRRIE

Speculation : Asc + Jup - Nep:

"(AQUARIUS 22°): A RUG IS PLACED ON THE FLOOR OF A NURSERY TO ALLOW CHILDREN TO PLAY IN COMFORT AND WARMTH.
KEYNOTE: The warmth of understanding which comes to those who, early in life, are open to new possibilities.
Man is never left without assistance when eagerly seeking to grow emotionally and spiritually. Even if he does not consciously realize the intent and value of what sustains his self-development and cushions the shocks which life provides his growth in understanding, still the assistance is there. He may think: No one understands me. But the understanding is there if he does not egotistically take for granted that life and society owe him everything.
This second stage symbol contrasts the kindness inherent in so many of life's situations with the tragic feeling of disillusionment represented by the first stage symbol. Through a warm APPRECIATION of basic opportunities and even small comforts, we can safely and happily grow into personal maturity. "

Well, I've thought before "no one understands me" haha so i suppose there is an "egotistical taking for granted" of what society has given me. Seeing as how "Speculation" could be described as a sort of superficial understanding, one based off of guess or hope and still needed to be confirmed or learned... it could make sense regarding that thought of being "alone" or "without help" or even speculating on what type of spiritual assistance i have/is out there etc.... hmmm yeah..... i'm thinking this part might be properly titled...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phoenix Venus For This Useful Post:
piercethevale (11-30-2013), princess valhalla (11-30-2013)
Unread 11-30-2013, 09:14 AM

As to what I wrote in the following:

"I have to call attention to Dane Rudhyar's 'Keynote' words;
'The penetrating and unveiling power of the trained mind.' ...would that be a mind that was schooled entirely by a community that followed the teachings of Melchizedek and for hundreds of years had passed these sacred teachings from generation to generation and in this process isolating themselves from the rest of their brethren as so markedly as to pronounced a different sect called "The Expectant", or more properly and in Hebrew as "The Essenes"?
The knowledge and teaching of Melchizedek is legendary for it being that knowledge which is veiled from worldly men."

It should have read {as I should have edited and corrected it}

I have to call attention to Dane Rudhyar's "Keynote" words;
"The penetrating and unveiling power of the trained mind." ...would that be a mind that was schooled entirely by a community that followed the teachings of Melchizedek and for hundreds of years had passed these sacred teachings from generation to generation and in this process isolating themselves from the rest of their brethren as so markedly as to produce a different sect called "The Expectant", or more properly and in Hebrew as "The Essenes"?
The knowledge and teaching of Melchizedek is legendary for it being the knowledge, of that, which is veiled from worldly men.

btw... Phoenix Venus, in order to produce any of the "astro-symbols", you have to write the term in all lower case letters and bracket the word between two colons.

For example...let's use the word 'river' in place for the word Sun.
To produce the symbol for the Sun, all one has to do is type it as thus...

:river:
princess valhalla (11-30-2013)
Unread 11-30-2013, 12:31 PM

I must say, P.V., that I really like your analogy of the two different Parts as you summarized it in the other thread as:

{Quote}
"and I very much like that name 'perspicacity' as it has a great ring to it... and fits pretty nicely actually to contrast the current reverse title 'speculation' as one is about depth of insight and the other is about a surface form of knowing, something guessed at but still needing to be learned."

As for my own Part of Speculation, it is at 24* 42' 13"
...this sign and degree, the 25th degree of Gemini, just also happens to be the Part of Imprisonment of the USA natal chart [the "Zero Hour" chart, i.e. 12:00:01 a.m. July 4, 1776 Philadelphia, Penn.],
The Part of Imprisonment, for those of you unfamiliar with it, is "THAT" of which one is kept from approaching or embracing.

For example... Amy Winehouse, whom was Jewish... and President Obama whom I know darn well isn't a "Christian" and in all likelyhood is a Moslem {but won't admit it...but, then again, I don't know if whether He has ever been put on the spot and actually asked if He indeed is a Moslem.} both have their Part of Imprisonment in the 19th degree of Pisces.
The 19th degree of Pisces is where the Part of Fortune falls in the natal chart I contend is the true chart of Jesus/Yeshu'a ...aka... "The Man from Nazareth".

{The Part of Fortune, so terribly misunderstood as to be believed and promoted as something associated with $$$, material goods, etc., is actually about 'That' action, attitude, frame of mind, Precept, (however manner is appropriate) by which, if one employs it in the appropriate manner and, or, means, they will produce an outcome that will be the most 'FORTUNATE' as to that individuals' personal dharma, destiny, that which is indicated by the Sabian Symbolism for that individuals' natal chart axis and that of their Part of Destiny...one might even say all the other Parts as well. (...except that of the Pars Hyleg, or Part of Hyleg, for those of you that prefer modern English.)}

From Dane Rudhyar's wonderful book on the Sabian Symbols, "An Astrological Mandala", the Sabian Symbol for 19th degree of Pisces is presented and described thusly:

"A MASTER INSTRUCTING HIS DISCIPLE.

KEYNOTE: The transfer of power and knowledge which keeps the original spiritual and creative Impulse of the cycle active and undeviated.

The Hindu ideal of the sacred relationship between guru and chela (disciple) has of late become familiar to a vast number of young and not-so-young people. The doctrine of 'the Apostolic succession' in the Roman Catholic Church has a similar significance. The Power and archetypal knowledge released 'in the beginning' of any cycle (or at 'Creation') must be perpetuated until the very Last Day — the Omega state of which Teilhard de Chardin glowingly speaks. This Power is the 'self' of the cyclic manifestation, the unchanging Tone (AUM) of all existences within this cycle. It can be transmitted from master to disciple at the latter's 'Initiation.' It must be so transmitted for when the line of transmission (in Sanskrit, guruampara) is discontinued, the cyclic process begins to collapse in futility and spiritual darkness.

This fourth stage symbol gives us a clue to the supreme technique necessary for the continuation of all manifestations of power and spiritual understanding. The transmission is from person to person; it follows a general, unchanging pattern, yet it operates in terms of particular and individual circumstances. Keyword: INVESTITURE."

I personally know someone whose Part of Imprisonment also happens to fall in the same sign and degree as their Part of Mother. Said person was at odds with their mother all their life. Their dying mother even sent the person money for travel expense to come see her on her deathbed but that person refused to go...or failed to. {...and, to "Said Person": I don't know if you ever visit this forum and read any of my postings, but if you do and are reading this... Stop beating yourself up over this... it is (or was) just the way that God, in Gods' infinite wisdom, intended it to be.}

So... all of the preceding having been presented and explained... What is the Sabian Symbolism for the 25th degree of Gemini, which happens to be my Part of Speculation and also happens to be the Part of Imprisonment of that USA natal chart?
[ibid.]

"A GARDENER TRIMMING LARGE PALM TREES.

KEYNOTE: Bringing under control nature's power of expansion.

The intellect of man is like a tropical plant in that it tends to expand 'wildly' in many directions, seeking direct contact with the sun’s rays. Like a palm tree it uses its dead leaves to protect itself against dry heat, the heat of the realm of mind when deprived of the complementary power of the feelings. A culture is characterized by specific 'forms' and 'prime symbols'; education's main object, at least in cultural and classical periods, has been to contain the imagination of individuals within these traditional forms. An entirely different approach to education is being attempted in our transitional age.

At this last stage of the seventeenth five-fold sequence we have reached the level of fulfillment of the impulses which began at the first stage (Gemini 21°) in a tumultuous upsurge of self-assertion and protest against the past. Now this upsurge has found its place in the evolution of mankind and society; and - symbolically speaking - 'labor' has become not only unionized, but a strong force in the body politic. Yet the energies released seek constant expansion and therefore have to be controlled. There is need for repeated PRUNING."

Well now... as to this Sabian Symbol being the Part of Imprisonment of the USA, I wish to emphasize the passage by Dane that reads:

"At this last stage of the seventeenth five-fold sequence we have reached the level of fulfillment of the impulses which began at the first stage (Gemini 21° {the position of Mars in the USA natal chart...ptv}) in a tumultuous upsurge of self-assertion and protest against the past. Now this upsurge has found its place in the evolution of mankind and society; and - symbolically speaking - 'labor' has become not only unionized, but a strong force in the body politic. Yet the energies released seek constant expansion and therefore have to be controlled. There is need for repeated PRUNING." ...
From that, it can be derived that the 'Body Politic of the Working People' is something that should be left alone and given all the room for expansion that it will take... unfettered... which {imho} doesn't mean that it should necessarily be leaderless and without direction... but these very recent attempts by a few States to ban, or dissolve, Unions is the very thing that shouldn't be done ...as succeeding in doing so will destroy the nation... it will cease to be that nation {or that KIND of nation} that the greater majority of us do so dearly love and wish to see endure.

...and so...

How does this Sabian Symbol relate as to being the symbolization of a Part of Speculation for myself as Phoenix Venus so deftly put it...
"a surface form of knowing, something guessed at but still needing to be learned." ?

I wish to emphasize the following text from Dane Rudhyar's analogy of the Sabian Symbol for this particular degree of Gemini:
"A culture is characterized by specific 'forms' and 'prime symbols'; education's main object, at least in cultural and classical periods, has been to contain the imagination of individuals within these traditional forms. An entirely different approach to education is being attempted in our transitional age."
...well... Yeah... Just as I pointed out in the other thread that this "Part of Perspicacity" for my self is in the 10th degree of Aries and is symbolized by the Sabians' as; "A TEACHER GIVES NEW SYMBOLIC FORMS TO TRADITIONAL IMAGES." and also that my Part of Innocence {or Part of Naivete, as I also at times prefer to call it, rather than the traditional term of "Part of Disputes or Part of Lawsuits"} happens to be in the 11th degree of Libra and symbolized as being:[ibid.] "A PROFESSOR PEERING OVER HIS GLASSES AT HIS STUDENTS.
KEYNOTE: Problems attending the transmission of knowledge in a special cultural setup." and I concede that is my problem...while I have been tested and shown to have an intellect that is in the 98th percentile in Mechanical and Spatial reasoning, was a "straight A student" in math, history, or any science I set my purpose to so achieve, my reading comprehension and verbal skills are but average, at best {and that's on a good day} and that reflects in any attempt to convey, to instruct, that knowledge that I do have on any subject...and is quite frustrating... {although, I do understand as for there being a reason that God saw fit for it to be as so... very likely being in that Sabian Symbol for (from what I learned from the study of Kabbalistic Astrology) the I.C., i.e. the nadir, of the birth chart of all Creation...which is the 1st degree of Taurus, symbolized as [ibid.] "A CLEAR MOUNTAIN STREAM.
KEYNOTE: The pure, uncontaminated and spontaneous manifestation of one's own nature."}

Well...as these Sabian Symbols are relatively recently rediscovered, they are as ancient as the Earth, itself, yet re-imaged within the psyche of the 20th century American clairvoyant, Elsie Wheeler, to whom the Precepts, that they are, were revealed. While there are those of us that prefer Dane Rudhyar's take and explanation on them {and the few that He saw fit to slightly 'tweak' the description of the symbol of (with Marc Edmond Jones' permission and blessing) for what ever reason He had} ...and there are those astrologers that prefer Marc Edmond Jones take and explanation of them... There are a number of others that have written and published books about them that have altered the very symbolism in some way or have derived a different take on the meanings of a number of the symbols {one author, whom has a last name that is nearly always found to be that of someone who is Jewish and whom has changed every one of the 360 symbols that has even the slightest inference to, or could be in some way associated with, 'Christianity' into something that doesn't even remotely resemble, or can be interpreted to mean, what was envisioned by Miss Wheeler or either Mr. Rudhyar or Mr. Jones}... So... Yes! I do have to 'speculate' as to where to 'draw the line', so to speak. What should I present and emphasize and what, if anything, should I downplay or even outright condemn...if anything?
princess valhalla (11-30-2013)
Unread 11-30-2013, 02:20 PM

Ohhh cool. :Sun:

Oh hey.... now its time for a joke...

what do you get when you mix &

A dou..... ahhh... nahhhh... that's too dirty for you kiddies.....

Hehe just having some fun using the symbols

Ptv i find it quite hilarious and perfect that you have that stuff about teaching in your chart yet i consider you my teach.... guess it takes a nutcase to learn from a nutcase, ehhh ?

No really i think you do a fine job. a **** good job. i learn a lot from you.

Anyway, i was thinking of another way that the part of speculation might fit Yeshua's chart.

"A rabbi performing his duties... the power to draw on ancestral traditions..."

Who were the ones most likely to speculate whether He was the messiah? Probably the religious folk who would have been familiar with the prophecies...

Last edited by Phoenix Venus; 11-30-2013 at 02:30 PM.
Unread 11-30-2013, 02:56 PM

hmmm...

That could be another take on this...but ... if you will recall, His Part of Destiny is in the 14th degree of Capricorn which is symbolized by the Sabians as:[ibid.]

"AN ANCIENT BAS-RELIEF CARVED IN GRANITE REMAINS A WITNESS TO A LONG-FORGOTTEN CULTURE.
KEYNOTE: The will to unearth, in our culture as well as in any culture, what has permanent value, and to let go of nonessentials.
"

...and I've heard it said by many that are far more knowledgeable of those times and customs, than I am, that in all likelihood Yeshu'a was a Rabbi... so... I'm inclined to interpret this as His being speculative as to what were the 'essential duties' and what was superfluous, redundant, unnecessary or even erroneous... as the Hebrews were known to fall prey into the practicing of wrongful rites and these most recent last 10 years I've had some suspicions based on what I have seen to be possible "signs" that some of the rites and observances may very well have been corrupted during those 500 or so years of captivity and enslavement by the Babylonians. [King Hezekiah warned his people of exactly that...from what I understand.]

Last edited by piercethevale; 11-30-2013 at 03:07 PM.
Unread 11-30-2013, 03:04 PM

btw... you capitalized the word :Sun: and thus the glyph [or is it a symbol and not a glyph...?] didn't appear... and just an fyi, if you wish to produce the glyph or symbol for the Part of Fortune as thus you must write it in Latin as this; parsfortunae ...
Unread 11-30-2013, 03:14 PM

and as to the answer to your "Joke".

Is the answer... Catarina Migliorini ?
[now that's speculation...Big Time!]
Unread 11-30-2013, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Venus View Post
[LEFT]A discussion broke out in another thread regarding these parts. (I'm gonna copy & paste a bit of those posts here but you can go read it here: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...466#post519466 )

These parts were previously titled:

"Part of Speculation / Behest" : Asc + Jup - Nep
"Part of Cancer/ Malignancy" : Asc + Nep - Jup

Piercethevale has proposed a new title for the part of cancer (asc + nep - jup) as the "part of perspicacity"

Perspicacity being "of having acute mental vision or discernment" (taken from ptv's post which he got from merriam webster dictionary)

Would anyone like to share the symbols that they have for these two parts and whether or not they fit along this similar tenor? Or any other thoughts or comments regarding these parts?

Here's the part of piercethevale's post which led him to his conclusions:

(some of the emphasis and colors might have been changed during the copy/paste)

And here is part of my response:

Interesting. I have my natal Mars @ the 12th degree of Virgo. It's a conjunction with my Jupiter @ the 11th of Virgo in my 5th house.

:
[ibid.]
"PHASE 161 (VIRGO 11°): IN HER BABY A MOTHER SEES HER DEEP LONGING FOR A SON ANSWERED.
KEYNOTE: The Spirit's answer to the vital needs of whatever became individualized out of its infinite ocean of potentialities.
All cycles of manifestation end in an essential duality of "success" and "failure," as every release of new potentiality at the start of a cycle is inevitably polarized in two opposite directions, becoming sharply differentiated at the mystical "separation of the sheep and the goat." But out of duality a new unity eventually is produced: the child, the new God of a new universe. Subconsciously or consciously, during pregnancy, the mother dreams of the son-to-be and the imprint of the dream in time is revealed in the boy's structural being. The true disciple must become the Mother of the living God and should eventually fulfill the great need of humanity and of all his people. MAN is constantly renewed through the great dreams and sacramental pregnancies of all disciples of the One Master.
This is the first stage of the thirty-third five-fold sequence of phases of the cycle. At this stage the power to bring one's dreams and ideals to a clear and sharp focus of mental activity or imagination needs to be developed. It is the power of creative visualization (Kriyashakti) for which a significant word was coined during World War II: IMAGINEERING — a combination of "imagination" and "engineering." Alas, the word was there, but our statesmen failed to incarnate it in deeds."

:
[ibid.]
"PHASE 162 (VIRGO 12°): AFTER THE WEDDING, THE GROOM SNATCHES THE VEIL AWAY FROM HIS BRIDE.
KEYNOTE: The penetrating and unveiling power of the trained mind.
In contrast to the preceding symbol we have now a scene stressing a physical action with psychological and/or spiritual overtones. In ancient cosmologies the male god often appears in three roles as son, husband and father of the woman element of nature. Nature is fulfilled by the human mind and will that overcome her; she resists only better to be subdued by the power that transcends her, and by transcending her gives her a spiritual meaning. The element of "training" in the symbolic scene comes from the fact that there has been a marriage ritual; thus the sociocultural factor is in the background. The teacher-guru is here the priest who has performed the ritual.
At this second stage the rules are reversed, the masculine element assuming the dynamic positive part in the great play of polarity. The masculine act balances the feminine dream visualization. The Keyword is UNVEILING. There can also be an unveiling of mysteries, long protected by secrecy."

As for the parts ya'll propose, I found those quite interesting when I checked them in my own chart.

I'll start with the part that ptv labeled as the Part of Perspicacity. I looked up the exact definition as "the quality of having a ready insight into things; shrewdness."

Proposed Part of Perspicacity: ASC + NEP - JUP = Virgo 2.38

Virgo 3
[ibid.]

"PHASE 153 (VIRGO 3°): TWO GUARDIAN ANGELS.
KEYNOTE: Invisible help and protection in times of crisis.
Though the consciousness may not yet be able to realize this as a fact, man is as surrounded by spirit as fish by water. Angels, devas and the like are entitized forms of spirit. In a sense at least, they collectively constitute a realm of existence complementary to mankind. They are specialized fields of energy which are apparently conscious, but not "free" in a human sense — that is, free to be what they are not. We are told, by seers and even by merely clairvoyant persons, that they constitute hierarchies of energy-distributing forms which sustain all life processes — particularly in the vegetable and telluric realms — as well as protective agencies attached to human beings. Modern psychologists may think of them as symbols of as yet latent powers in man's unconscious. By being aware of their presence and sustaining power a man may avoid the desperate feeling of aloneness and alienation which usually pervades the "night of the soul" and the
symbolic forty days in the wilderness.
This third stage symbol comes to those who may greatly, need its reassurance. It is an answer to the symbol of the Crucifixion. The personal ego-centered feelings may be quartered and destroyed; in their place man may develop a sense of deep companionship with consciousnesses which, though utterly different from his, complement his assuaged mind. He may then realize STRENGTH WITHIN."

Very interesting especially since that part conjuncts my natal NN @ Virgo 2.

NN: Virgo 1.04

Virgo 2
[ibid.]
"PHASE 152 (VIRGO 2°): A LARGE WHITE CROSS DOMINATES THE LANDSCAPE.
KEYNOTE: The wisdom and compassion which only the experience of suffering and isolation can bring.
The individual must have gone beyond the state of ego-subjectivity in order truly and objectively to "see" and to discriminate. He must have learned detachment; and it is a lesson that no one can learn without the "crucifixion" of the ego-centered emotional life. In the occult tradition, the eye that "sees" must be washed by the blood of the heart. The experience of the Cross dominates the mystic Path that leads to Initiation, i.e. to the entrance into a greater realm of activity and participation with an exalted Company of perfected beings.
While the discovery of significant features in any situation implied the use of the mind, both analytical and intuitive, now a contrasting stage is reached at which the mind itself has to be left behind and perhaps even seemingly destroyed in order that compassion and understanding may rise from the depth of the innermost being: a LIBERATING ORDEAL."

Proposed Part of Speculation : ASC + JUP - NEP = Aquarius 11.58

Aquarius 12
[ibid.]

"PHASE 312 (AQUARIUS 12°): ON A VAST STAIRCASE STAND PEOPLE OF DIFFERENT TYPES, GRADUATED UPWARD.
KEYNOTE: The necessity of recognizing differences of types and levels of development wherever human beings live and work together.
This symbol obviously refers to the ascending process of evolution of life forms and consciousness. It seems to apply especially to the fact that differences of levels exist among human beings. The ideal of equalitarianism has to be balanced by a realization that hierarchy of levels is a fact of nature. Each person should be aware of the level at which he (or she) stands, even as he strives to move toward a higher one. He should look up for inspiration and examples, while helping the human beings of the next lower level to reach up. This is the great give-and-take of evolution, and it applies to sociocultural evolution as well as to the progression of biological species.
At this second stage of the sixty-third sequence we find a symbol of "ascent," contrasting with the preceding one which implied a "descent" of spiritual forces. It warns us against sentimentally overstressing our Western equalitarianism which essentially applies to the spiritual core of all individual persons, considered "sons of God" or spiritual monads. Every human being is potentially divine as an individual person, but THE NATURAL PROGRESSION OF STATES OF CONSCIOUSNESS is an unavoidable reality to accept at the social-mental level."

I definitely see a theme here for me. It is interesting to me too that my last post talked about when I was little I felt guardian angels watching over me.

"Each player must accept the cards life deals him.
But once they are in hand, he alone must decide
how to play the cards in order to win the game."

~Voltaire

"Everyone and Everything is interconnected in the universe. Stay pure of heart and you will see the signs. Follow the signs, and you will find your destiny."

~Jeff Who Lives at Home
Unread 11-30-2013, 11:04 PM

Hey p.val that's cool that you experienced that and you have that as your part... i'd say that's pretty good supporting evidence in favor of the title "perspicacity"
Unread 12-01-2013, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercethevale View Post
and as to the answer to your "Joke".

Is the answer... Catarina Migliorini ?
[now that's speculation...Big Time!]
Ding dong we have a weiner

Now that was just too darn easy lol....

And i think you nailed that part you get an A+ ....

That's interesting that usa has that part of imprisonment (as you probably remember i have my pof & eros there...) ...., hmmmm..... have to think about what to make of that one...
The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenix Venus For This Useful Post:
piercethevale (12-02-2013)
Unread 12-02-2013, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Venus View Post
Ding dong we have a weiner

Now that was just too darn easy lol....

And i think you nailed that part you get an A+ ....

That's interesting that usa has that part of imprisonment (as you probably remember i have my pof & eros there...) ...., hmmmm..... have to think about what to make of that one...
I see it as ...

What the USA cannot embrace, embraces you and it is your most 'Fortunate" philosophy/attitude and, or, action to employ on your "Path"

...and that is fortunate for America, because it needs that compliment to itself...
Phoenix Venus (12-02-2013)

Tags
part, perspicacity, speculation