Chiron in 11th house - friendships

ardentika

I think the 11th house is a funny one Chiron or no Chiron. It shows enemies frenemies and hard work to make friends. I have leo moon Leo north node in 11th and it’s a challenge!! Gains? Not sure 🤔 lol

I don't think 11th shows enemies. 7th and 12th does. 11th is gains because 10th/Capricorn shows the hard work we put out in the world and 11th/Aquarius shows the gains of our hard work. It also shows the gains of 5th since in vedic esp 5th shows intelligence cos it's opposite the 11th.

CrankyCap

Also I noticed something else with 11th. It's also the house of gains. I don't know if you have this issue but my friend is afraid of success. She hasn't gained much from her musical career, nor financially from her projects. It's like there is some fear of gains and success with Chiron in 11th. Fears of actually achieving your dreams which often becomes self sabotage .
I'm not afraid of success, I carve it.. but sometimes it can be like "remember moderation - don't bite more than you can chew! You can't manage too much on your own", which prevents me from pushing but it's funny with my Chiron hugging Jupiter. On the other hand it's also fear of overconfidence and blind trust that things will be alright... that my high expectations and optimism become unrealistic and I'll just embarrass myself. I admit I also tend to see overconfident and too pushy people in bad light... so it's fear of becoming like them. I've practised embarrassing myself on purpose to overcome that fear. Anything for the sake of figuring out surefire recipe of success in meaningful things... without becoming "stuck in one thing for the rest of my life".

If we get started on wishes and dreams, mine have been shot down so many times, I believe I can't have a life that looks like it's mine. If I want a specific career, I can't have it because I'm not good enough. If I want friends, everyone abandons me or if they don't, they just use and deceive me. If I want to live free, I dont have enough resources nor energy... if I gather some, there's always someone more powerful than me to take it away with some excuses which look socially acceptable but they aren't... It's like "can't I have just the same opportunities and things in life as every average person around me?? Why are they succeeding but I'm not? Am I sabotaging myself or is there a hidden enemy sabotaging me (seen lots of fake nice people in my life)?"

Last edited:

ardentika

The last part you explained is pretty much life haha. This perspective comes from "looking too much in your neighbor's dish" instead of your own. This way you will always have something to want and not have . Chiron not being alone changes things. And anyways Chiron shows where we need to heal. A friend of mine has a strong belief Chiron CAN be healed to a point where it functions properly and doesn't sabotage you. I do believe that too. But I see many people failing because , **** Chiron is tougher than Saturn even. It makes you feel helpless and victimized. It's that one area you can't heal on your own. It's that one area where you will be pushed to dive deep in your subconscious patterns and need all types of counseling to overcome.

Eanahsti

I also have Chiron in the 11th house! Based on reading a few of the comments above, I’m surprised that it seems to not be normal to have a best friend for two years until the connection loses its touch.

I had really amazing friends in my life (I’m 16), but they always tend to drift off after a year or two. I actually find that very normal. I guess since I’m so accustomed to it, I don’t realize that friendships should seemingly last more than two years? I’m would be pretty confused about how Chiron in the 11th house would affect me if that were not the case.

Something I find extremely difficult however is establishing friendships in new places. A lot of the time, the people there already had a friend group they’ve known since childhood. So, I gets hard for me to fit inside the group. I blamed that mostly on my Mercury in 12th house Capricorn retrograde which I believe causes my shyness and inability to talk to people. I also have sun in Capricorn 12th so I’m very introverted.

I just read a few of how 11th house also would include dreams and wishes. I guess something that I notice is that when I hope for something to happen, it never EVER happens. It’s like, the opposite happens for me no matter what. When I don’t think about my wishes, it at a certain point comes true until I again, hope for it. I don’t exactly know if this would apply, but yaaa

ardentika

I also have Chiron in the 11th house! Based on reading a few of the comments above, I’m surprised that it seems to not be normal to have a best friend for two years until the connection loses its touch.

I had really amazing friends in my life (I’m 16), but they always tend to drift off after a year or two. I actually find that very normal. I guess since I’m so accustomed to it, I don’t realize that friendships should seemingly last more than two years? I’m would be pretty confused about how Chiron in the 11th house would affect me if that were not the case.

Something I find extremely difficult however is establishing friendships in new places. A lot of the time, the people there already had a friend group they’ve known since childhood. So, I gets hard for me to fit inside the group. I blamed that mostly on my Mercury in 12th house Capricorn retrograde which I believe causes my shyness and inability to talk to people. I also have sun in Capricorn 12th so I’m very introverted.

I just read a few of how 11th house also would include dreams and wishes. I guess something that I notice is that when I hope for something to happen, it never EVER happens. It’s like, the opposite happens for me no matter what. When I don’t think about my wishes, it at a certain point comes true until I again, hope for it. I don’t exactly know if this would apply, but yaaa

That's the beauty of astrology, it plays out different for everyone. And I've never read that Chiron in 11th people never get to have their wishes. I don't think that's true for any planet. I think it's just certain lessons and healing we need to do to raise above our chart and unlock certain areas ,that's all. Chiron is a wounded healer. Some say chirons wound never heals but I don't think that's exactly true. Not in the way that it blocks you at least.

My friend who has Chiron in 11th has had many of her wishes become true, her issue is she doesn't fully believe in her dreams. Like the big ones. But that is something that's workable.

CapAquaPis

I have Chiron in my 11th in the sign of Taurus and I made a few friends through my mom who happened to be a Taurus sun, but this placement kept me from having close friends and I had problems with maintaining them in the long run.

OuterPlanets89

My ex had Chiron in the 11th, and she definitely had problems making female friends. This was also probably influenced by her Moon (Leo) square Pluto, which is famously an aspect which makes it difficult for other women to trust you.

I think it was a control thing, as the only friendships that gave her the control she wanted were with desperate guys who hoped to date her someday. Women are on average, more intuitive than men, and I feel like they can sense the health of another person's emotional side more easily.

Humanitarian

Some other interpretations that I found:

Chiron in Aquarius or the Eleventh House: These folks may seem utterly other-worldly. They may be drawn to technology in order to feel comfortable, safe and accepted. They may avoid social interaction and feel uncomfortable in large groups of people, mainly because of peer problems in their youth, or because they seem odd or different to their peers. Social rejection makes them withdraw into only those groups of people who share their interests and concerns, and they currently find great comfort in the opportunities provided by the Internet.

Chiron in 11th:

In this house the crisis of Chironic awareness has to do with the possibility of playing a unique role in your culture. It is imperative to give your gift, and Chiron's influence is to push you to develop your creativity and idealism. You are probably very individualistic or eccentric and have a sense of a great personal destiny. The key to fulfilling it is to release it from the hold of ego and understand that the universal energy flows when you are willing to be a conduit and not try to own it.
These interpretations are the ones that click the most with me! I have an extremely prominent Chiron in Aquarius in 9th house (especially a conjunction to Jupiter, and the rest all aspected by Chiron except Saturn, which is possibly aspected because of exceed orb), and I don't have much friends in real life right now, because I'm too different compared to my peers (I'm the most spiritual in my school, because I'm the only one that use advanced astrology in my school, and I have special interests that are too Aquarian compared to my peers, even to a person whose has an Aquarius stellium). I have too much social rejection in real life, so I'm very active on the Internet, especially this forum to help me feel seen and not lonely like what I'm feeling in my life right now

Mad Madam Mimm

Your post brought up a lot of pent-up stuff that I hadn't been aware of for the longest time...

I have Chiron in the 11th and when I look back, all I can see is disapointments with friends, backstabbing and just...
Horrible stuff. I usually never pay attention to Chiron, because there are bigger asteroids out there and I think a lot of people try to give it more importance than needed, but in this case, the wound really is in the 11th house.

Im at a point in my life (and Im still young) that I don't even bother with friendship anymore.
That's how wounded I seem to be. (I can't believe Im only realising this now, but it's all thanks to your post!)

@Cafeastrology about Chiron in the 11th house is mentioned:
"fear of crowds or groups." Boy, oh boy. Very true.
& "In the eleventh house, it may indicate rejection from peers because of being 'different'." <- The story of MY life!

Some other interpretations that I found:

Chiron in Aquarius or the Eleventh House: These folks may seem utterly other-worldly. They may be drawn to technology in order to feel comfortable, safe and accepted. They may avoid social interaction and feel uncomfortable in large groups of people, mainly because of peer problems in their youth, or because they seem odd or different to their peers. Social rejection makes them withdraw into only those groups of people who share their interests and concerns, and they currently find great comfort in the opportunities provided by the Internet.

Source

Chiron in 11th:

In this house the crisis of Chironic awareness has to do with the possibility of playing a unique role in your culture. It is imperative to give your gift, and Chiron's influence is to push you to develop your creativity and idealism. You are probably very individualistic or eccentric and have a sense of a great personal destiny. The key to fulfilling it is to release it from the hold of ego and understand that the universal energy flows when you are willing to be a conduit and not try to own it.

Source

[deleted quote over 100 words - Moderator]
People with Chiron in the 11th:
Paul McCartney, Einstein, Nostradamus, Liz Greene, Judy Garland,
Patti Smith, Placido Domingo, Ricky Nelson, Judy Collins, Gopi Krishna,

A lot of astrologers, therapists and musicians seem to have this placement...

-edit-

I've added sources!:sideways:

Mad Madam Mimm

Possibly accurate. Chiron is in the 11 as well, natural born therapist. I can’t read a music note, but, I adore musicians! We make great friends.
Music is pretty ok too. I was always singing as a child.

Mad Madam Mimm

These interpretations are the ones that click the most with me! I have an extremely prominent Chiron in Aquarius in 9th house (especially a conjunction to Jupiter, and the rest all aspected by Chiron except Saturn, which is possibly aspected because of exceed orb), and I don't have much friends in real life right now, because I'm too different compared to my peers (I'm the most spiritual in my school, because I'm the only one that use advanced astrology in my school, and I have special interests that are too Aquarian compared to my peers, even to a person whose has an Aquarius stellium). I have too much social rejection in real life, so I'm very active on the Internet, especially this forum to help me feel seen and not lonely like what I'm feeling in my life right now
With all that aqua, ( Uranus) make sure you unplug. A lot. It’s very important you get outside and ground your energy. If not , you may learn the hard way it can build up ( and that is scary lol)if you don’t discharge it. Drink lots of water.

Humanitarian

With all that aqua, ( Uranus) make sure you unplug. A lot. It’s very important you get outside and ground your energy. If not , you may learn the hard way it can build up ( and that is scary lol)if you don’t discharge it. Drink lots of water.
I have too much energy to handle, and so I'm trying to handle all of that to achieve an Aquarian kind of balance!