Importance of North Node?

lazarusx

I would like to know how important you consider the North Node to be in someones natal chart? And how much of an impact it has on a person's direction in life?

The reason i ask is; i feel as though i have been living out my north node qualities for the last couple of years.. or at least scraping the surface of what it represents in my chart.

My North Node is situated in the 9th House of sign Aquarius, making my South Node Leo 3rd house. In the last couple of years i've had a near obsession with philosophy, mysticism and religion and connecting the patterns and similarities between them. This has evolved from the study of these teachings into the cultivation and refining of my own philosophy of life.

Travel and foreign cultures has now become the focus in my life; i spent one year traveling around Europe on my own and meeting people from all over the world. And at this point i feel that this is what i need to be doing, there's a strong desire in me to "expand" and create solid friendships with people of different backgrounds which sounds very Aquarius 9th house.

Do you feel your decisions in life are representative of the NN and house in your chart?

Moog

According to Vimshotarri Dasha, you are indeed enjoying a period ruled by Rahu.

tumblr_minnvjzyrf1re07yfo1_400.jpg

Do you feel your decisions in life are representative of the NN and house in your chart?

It's quite hard for me to be objective about it, since I got into astrology during my Rahu dasha, and I find it hard to put my finger on what (precisely) was driving me before.

Given the concept of planetary periods, it would seem that at times we will be very much more driven to explore the north node influenced areas in our lives, and make decisions based on that.

gen6k

i have it in the 9th as well in aqua-pisces. its also parallel Spica.

it depends on the connections that NN has to personal planets. if its conjunct saturn its mostly going to sweep the steadiness from under the feet.

if its connected to personal planets this is where the personality becomes an NN type. since it is not a full planet it takes on the shape of the surrounding conditions.

i guess for me it helps me learn about avant-garde type theorists i keep on watching youtube videos of the craziest people like on shamanic physics or holographic something.

it also makes the philsophical content harder to deal with at times or if its controlled it helps me finish tests at school, but it also makes my movements more impulsive at school.

when NN connects to the sun or moon it makes the person always ambivalent when its square on their path. it makes their path eccentric unable to see completions. it makes the person too liberal in some way at times wanting to revolutionize all relations impulsively. it makes them highly lusty. it makes them superfluously cunning if they are equipt. since NN is by nature spontaneous.

lazarusx

if its connected to personal planets this is where the personality becomes an NN type. since it is not a full planet it takes on the shape of the surrounding conditions.

This explains alot then, my tight stellium of Jupiter/Mercury/Moon in Gemini 1st house are all Trine to my North Node.

i guess for me it helps me learn about avant-garde type theorists i keep on watching youtube videos of the craziest people like on shamanic physics or holographic something.

Myself also, i've been heavily into Ken Wilber's work on Integral Theory for some years, in relation to spiral dynamics and tiers of consciousness.

gen6k

NN isnt that uncontrollable unless its connected to other unlawful placements.

in the 9th it does automatically give the NN more wisdom of virtue.

the problem becomes when its connected to something antagonistic, sq mars, sq saturn, sq regulus, sq uranus.

i think it goes well along with gemini, but it accelerates its contradiction or relativistic view of law. since they are both unsettled type of signs the energy transfer works well in quickly getting in to something.

NN basically wants to make the breakthrough in a non-structural way.

keeping it off self-indulgence and onto society is probably better in the 9th at least for you. if NN is weak or malefic then trying to reach self-satisfaction is probably better.

an important theme with a gemini stellium to NN in 9th is learning a stream of particulars that can eventually be appropriated in transgressive type of wholes. instead of reading the situation in-itself in its boundries, the details becomes peices of alternative realms. probably by even crossing certain aesthetic mediums in to philosophy or finding the interconnections of a field as part of the directionalities in unforeseen turnover.

with this kind of setup. it is easy to think about what language should be and what is wrong with the intentions of it. since NN is in aquarius is possible to experiment with double-talking and intonation resonances as well. at its best a personal gemini stellium is like having three streams of thought, or being able to quickly switch from one topic to another balancing their progression.

Last edited: