The Mercurial Uranian

MaeMae

Banned
Mercury~Uranus aspect?
We've all likely outed ourselves by now.
We wonder why people are stupid. We wonder why they don't understand us. We dazzle them with instant answers and solutions. We shut them down lightning flash with a hard inside mental jab. We are prone to hoof in mouth disease.
Tell it like it izzers until we become disinterested.
Moon V.o.C.
New threads started seldom flourish, unless retrogrades apply.

serafin5

Hi Mae Mae:

I have a mutual reception between Mercury at 14degs Aquarius in 3rdH and Uranus at 8degs Virgo in 10thH (unless you use whole-sign house system and then it is in the 11th house). All my old astrology books say Aquarius was exalted in Mercury (but I found out that its Virgo's exaltation). Anyway, Im not quite sure how I'm supposed to interpret this. Can you help?

Thanks
Serafin5

MaeMae

Banned
mercury is modern exaltation in aquarius because of lightening fast perceptions, usually on target. traditionalists will speak of dry arid heaves.
Mercury's joint rulership, Virgo and Gemini ~ think grapes.
receptions are different from aspects, but equally significant. work not needed to integrate energy, as in square or opposition. more freestandingn than trine, conj. and sextile.
innate understanding and responses, though not inclined to dwell on them.
did you ever see star trek episode where two alien characters, hideous in their own worlds, found one another in each others?
might be my merc~uranus opp 1/7 talking, but a seemingly transferable concept.

miquar

Hi. I have Mercury at 13Aquarius33, and Uranus at 13Libra10, and had to laugh at myself as I read your post at the top of the thread, MaeMae. It's my favourite aspect in my chart, probably because I'm an Aquarian.

Hi Serafin5. I think that opinion differs but most people seem to give rulership of Virgo to Mercury, and exaltation to Aquarius. I personally wouldn't give very much weight to the mutual reception you mentioned - I'm not sure they have so much affect when one of the planets is an outer.

But if Uranus in Virgo is the urge for conceptual understanding expressed with awareness of the need for discernment and order, and Mercury in Aquarius suggests the urge to differentiate and organise the world through conceptual frameworks, then there's going to be a theme. Perhaps something about the marriage of conceptual thought with the intelligence of nature. Seeing the archetypes at work in a nest of ants, and natural instincts informing even the most detached sociological innovations.

If the Uranus in Virgo mini-generation need to liberate and awaken their connection to the rhythms and orders of the natural world, and the human body/life as a part of that world, then perhaps those of you who have this mutual reception are charged with providing conscious feedback on how this process is going. Just a thought.

C0rnholio

I could probably join your little club with my Uranus in 1st squaring Mercury in 10th. However, there is one chick that has been driving me crazy with her quick smarts. She has Uranus conjunct Mercury in Scorpio in 3rd. I shouldn't even like her, but I can't stop thinking about her.

MaeMae

Banned
merc-uranus also has that "i was just thinking about you" thing. i'll be thinking of someone, remembering someone and then phone rings or email or text from that person. within minutes, often.
it's like having antennas that pick up on others thoughts or intentions.

miquar

merc-uranus also has that "i was just thinking about you" thing. i'll be thinking of someone, remembering someone and then phone rings or email or text from that person. within minutes, often.
it's like having antennas that pick up on others thoughts or intentions.

I'll second that. When I'm arranging to meet someone at certain time, a time usually pops into my head, and if I don't say it then the other person will. And I often look at my phone a second before I get a message too.

Another wierd thing I get is that I can often tell if people will be attracted to each other before they even meet one another. But this could also be Mercury in the 8th, Mercury Pluto, Moon in Scorpio and/or Venus Uranus as well - not sure.

MaeMae

Banned
my son has merc 0' taurus trine uranus 5' cap.
if ever there was money to be found on a street corner, he'd spot it. One time, we were at a very sparcely crowded event when he was about 10. A large cemented area with no foliage. Several people had walked past us, coming and going.
I was people watching, filling my mind with peculiarities, when he stopped right next to me, bent down and picked up a stray $20 bill.
To his wishes, it went straight to his bank account.
Saturn ruler of 1st and 2nd.
Mercury with Uranus is classic for finding/recognizing things that others miss.

Euthenic1

My Mercury conjunct Uranus in Libra was best described on cafeastrology.com: "If you can get control of your hands and mind, you can be quite inventive." :andy:
I have to work hard at focusing on one thing at a time.

SniperBomber328

Mercury~Uranus aspect?
We've all likely outed ourselves by now.
We wonder why people are stupid. We wonder why they don't understand us. We dazzle them with instant answers and solutions. We shut them down lightning flash with a hard inside mental jab. We are prone to hoof in mouth disease.
Tell it like it izzers until we become disinterested.
Moon V.o.C.
New threads started seldom flourish, unless retrogrades apply.

Actually to my surprise, I possess none of the qualities mentioned above, and I have Mercury in Scorpio, Sextile my Uranus in Capricorn. Or maybe I do, but I just never notice it? I do give quick responses to a lot of answers, but it's only cause I know the answer....if that makes sense.

MaeMae

Banned
of course it makes sense. how many times do we find ourselves telling someone an answer and they ask "how do you KNOW that?" and all we can say is, "I just do......"