Would you read this one? Early ascendant but radical (?)

Howl

Hey cats :)

I asked this horary question and got an early ascendant. From what little I know, the chart does seem to 'answer' what I asked, so I wonder if you would advise 'leaving it', or if you think it says something more anyway?

Question: Should I take more work at (current employer)?

Scenario: I am currently studying and working. I am loving both. However, it would make sense for me to either work less, or drop to part time study and work more. I can't keep the current workload of both. So, should I take more work and study part time? I have been explicitly offered the work.

I am mars in 6H virgo. Virgo is my natal mars sign, and 6H is the house of work - especially related to 'employee' work, and mine is of a virgo type nature.I'm also moon in 3H gemini. Gemini is also my natal moon sign, and 3H is the house of study - which I am currently also doing (and loving)

Both are peregrine, no essential or accidental dignity, apart from being fast moving. They also square eachother. I can't act? I feel conflicted? Or I'm not in a good position to choose? The moon will make numerous aspects, the last is a square to the nodal axis (12H/6H)

The work would be either Saturn (ruler of 10H cusp) or Mercury (ruler of 6H cusp). I'm tempted to go for Merc, because it describes the kind of work I do, and is dispositor for both of my significators. Also, this isn't being offered a new job, it's just 'more' work. (Is this a wise choice?) Mercury gains essential dignity by term, accidental dignity by house, and is also swify moving. Why is my work signifier in my 5H??? Does this mean I like work, I think it's fun? If so, then yes :) (It's also conjunct Venus, and my CEO and boss are both women)

If we take work as the 6H, my signifiers are in it's turned 1H and 10H. That seems promising.

Does this chart say that I don't know enough yet to choose? I am also waiting on another long term job offer. What do you think? I need to choose within the next two weeks.

http://img77.imageshack.us/my.php?image=moreworkwz0.gif

Last edited:

Summery Joy

Howl said:
Does this chart say that I don't know enough yet to choose? I am also waiting on another long term job offer.
Maybe. I'm reluctant to judge with such an early ASC. Maybe you keep things going the way the are for a little longer.

Howl said:
I need to choose within the next two weeks.
Maybe you'll come across some new situation changing events in the next couple of weeks. The ASC is a little more tha 1 degree too early. Maybe after a week, the information will be complete.

lilllybelle

So this might not be the best place to ask about this, but after reading Howl's post it got me to thinking. What exactly does a horary chart tell us? Does it tell us what our inner most feelings are? Does it tell us some type of mystical truth that only god knows? Does it tell us what the best course of action is for us, and who is doing the telling? What energy are horary charts tapping into? Are horary charts a conversation with our higher self? What if Howl makes a choice based off the chart, and then years layter decides that it wasn't the best choice? Does that say something about horary astrology? Any choice made with school can effect your life years down the road. Also here's another big question of mine that I've been afraid of posting because I thought it might offend someone. What distinguishes horary astrology from a tarrot reading? I'm not knocking the tarrot. I enjoy occasionally going and getting my cards read, but I've always saw a clear distinction in my head between astrology and tarrot. Horary astrology blurs that distinction for me. I have to question these things. I question the things that I respect because I believe they can hold up to the questioning. One of the reasons that I walked away from the religion that I was born into was that it couldn't hold up to my questions. Howl I apoligise if I just got off into a tangent. Lilllybelle

Howl

ooo excellent question! I'm not sure what horary taps into. Have you noticed though, that with all types of 'prediction' (and I use that word loosely) people will ignore it if it doesn't feel right. Now, they may be 'right' or 'wrong', but they will still ignore what they're told if they feel strongly enough. It may be that they're just going to learn the hard way, it may be that they can 'change' outcomes with their own determined efforts. I have had tarot consistently give me the same card over months, and only conceived what the hell that card was on about in retrospect. I wasn't at the point where I could 'read' it, so it couldn't change my mind.

Whatever the case, I would never accept an 'answer' that I felt strongly against, and nor would I advise anyone else to. Ultimately, if it FEELS right then follow, if it doesn't then don't. Just be VERY honest with yourself about your motivations :p and of course, be ready to bear the consequences. I think these things can potentially help you 'see', but woe to the person who accepts 'predictions' against their own instincts. You just can't be happy with a conclusion that you didn't create yourself, even it it's the 'right' one!!

As this post might suggest, I'm not fond of the idea of a 'right' or 'wrong' decision. I know I'm being semantic about language here, but I believe that you can't know the potential consequences of any choice, and so you also can't really call it right or wrong. Lillybelle your question is very important - and yes, decisions can have enormous ongoing implications!! I think we do need to question techniques such as horary that can help inform our decisions in life. I'm also trying to empahsise what I see as the 'unkowable' nature of choice-and-consequence. Seeing it this way sure makes it easier to live with your decisions :) Apply all of the logic and instinct that you possess, but don't expect it to turn out as anticipated :D

Last edited:

Summery Joy

Again, we face the issue of fate versus free will :)

In my opinion, astrology gives us hints and tips to manage our lives in a more informed way. But at the end of the day, it is up to us to make the best out of life.

Regarding horary astrology in specific, a chart shows you the way things are and the way they will be provided that no given is changed. It's up to us to change things.

As to Howl's horary, I think the chart is telling her that the best option for now is not to rush into a decision. Maybe no new information will come along in the next couple of week, but Howl may lean to one option more than the other for inner psychological reasons. However, Howl can still make the decision right now and manage to be successful in both her career and education. The chart is only giving a useful tip there.

I hope this clears things up a bit :)

lilllybelle

Howl, Sorehearted thank you both for your input. Sorehearted I think your were saying that a horary chart is like getting an objective outsiders point of view. If taking that point of view, then the horary chart must be tapping into some source of universal wisdom. Lilllybelle