Modern Sign/"Ruler" relationships [IMO]

david starling

The simile is that of a tree: Tradition as the roots, Modern as the branches. What I'll be explaining is one Astrologer's view (mine, of course:lol:) of what Tropical Astrology means to that Astrologer. The views and opinions expressed here are not meant to supersede anyone else's; and constructive engagement is encouraged and welcomed. This is just one proposed branch among the many others of Modern Astrology.
I see what I'm labeling "Native-rulership" as a Vibration that affects our Psyches and produces an effect called a "Sign". 12 primary Vibrations, each producing its own Sign-effect. The Ecliptic is like a clock-face, and the point where the line of Celestial Longitude that intercepts a Planet crosses the Ecliptic, is an Indicator, like a clock-hand. Two other Indicator positions are among the 12 Native-rulers--The Ascendant (where the Sun would be if it were rising, which is the point where the Ecliptic crosses the Western Horizon in any given location at a given time); and the Age-indicator, which moves due to Earth's "wobble" as it rotates, and is synchronized to a Terrestrial Vibration using the Line of Apsides of Earth's elliptical orbit. Synchronization of a currently unknown cause is involved with all the Indicating points.
A "Native-ruler" is the progenitor of a Sign, the Vibration that produces that effect in our Psyches. But, other types of Vibrational-rulership affect each Sign as well, and may even outweigh the influence of the Native-ruler, depending on other factors, such as Houses and Aspects.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

Aquarius people are possibly ruled by Eris, the goddess of discord, businesses, strategics and rebellion/revolution. We can radically reform the world and our gender-neutrality, esp. a masculine sign is represented by a female deity. And I came to believe Eris can represent Gemini and Libra (unless Pallas Athena is a bigger influence), air signs are about balance, duality and chance of prosperity.

Cary2

Banned
Modern Rulers

Libra is ruled by Pallas/Athena which explains that Libra woman are tomboyish & manly!

I've dated a number of Libra women (Sun in Libra), and they were far from tomboyish or manly. I do not see the trend you promote. A woman with much Libra in her chart is apt to have the lovely pastels and the delicate jewelry and the chic put-together look, a composed look.

Now Libra is much misunderstood. Many people are surprised when they discover that Libra is fierce. That comes from the reflex action with Aries.

Judge Judy has a large Libra stellium, and she is a good example of Libra fierceness.

Cary2

Banned
Aquarius people are possibly ruled by Eris, the goddess of discord, businesses, strategics and rebellion/revolution. We can radically reform the world and our gender-neutrality, esp. a masculine sign is represented by a female deity. And I came to believe Eris can represent Gemini and Libra (unless Pallas Athena is a bigger influence), air signs are about balance, duality and chance of prosperity.

I think Uranus is fine match for Aquarius. Robert Hand disagrees and points to George H. W. Bush as a conservative Saturn-ruled Aquarius. You can never be sure with a politician what they are really like. I point to the very radical Vanessa Redgrave.

I have little faith in what has been published about asteroids.

Attachments

• 270px-Vanessa_Redgrave_%282011%29.jpg
    270px-Vanessa_Redgrave_%282011%29.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 26

david starling

In my "12/12" pattern, the Aquarius "Rulership-group" is:

•Domicile-ruler, :uranus:
•Regulating-ruler, :pluto:
•Motivating-ruler, :mercury:
•Devotional-ruler, :moon:
•Benefactory-ruler, :jupiter:

I consider :uranus: to be simply about enhancement of the intellect in a practical way. So, with it in the materialistic, down-to-Earth-sign :taurus:, I'm expecting an increase in the intelligent use of natural resources, and in the protection and restoration of the Environment.

david starling

I think Uranus is fine match for Aquarius. Robert Hand disagrees and points to George H. W. Bush as a conservative Saturn-ruled Aquarius. You can never be sure with a politician what they are really like. I point to the very radical Vanessa Redgrave.

I have little faith in what has been published about asteroids.

For those of us who consider the ancient deities important as they relate to astrology, it's a real question as to whether the asteroids were correctly named. "Chiron" seems to be getting a lot of resonance. But, he's more appropriately the "wounded hero" than the "wounded healer". I've seen a few correlations involving Chiron, but I'm watching for more. I have Chiron domiciled in Sagittarius, for obvious reasons. And, the Sun Sagittarians I know of are great at shaking off injuries and "staying in the game".

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

In modern astrology, many astrologers decided Scorpio and Aquarius had 2 co-rulers: For scorpio, it is Mars and Pluto; and for Aquarius, Saturn and Uranus. This determines the Jekyll and Hyde of Scorpio and political left-right divides of Aquarius. And I noticed Aries/scorpio combo people are bad awful personalities :whistling: while dual cancerian-Aquarians are nice approachable humanitarians . Aries and Scorpio share the same red planet, but not Cancer and Aquarius AFAIK. Supposedly, the Sun is detriment in Aquarius combined with a sign ruled by the moon like Cancer. And Venus is detriment for Aries and Scorpio.

david starling

In modern astrology, many astrologers decided Scorpio and Aquarius had 2 co-rulers: For scorpio, it is Mars and Pluto; and for Aquarius, Saturn and Uranus. This determines the Jekyll and Hyde of Scorpio and political left-right divides of Aquarius. And I noticed Aries/scorpio combo people are bad awful personalities :whistling: while dual cancerian-Aquarians are nice approachable humanitarians . Aries and Scorpio share the same red planet, but not Cancer and Aquarius AFAIK. Supposedly, the Sun is detriment in Aquarius combined with a sign ruled by the moon like Cancer. And Venus is detriment for Aries and Scorpio.

In 12/12, with its "one-on-one" Domicile-rulerships, there is only one ruler actually Domicled in each Sign. But there are other TYPES of rulers in addition to Domicle-ruler. Following the pattern to see where it led, and "letting the chips fall where they may", it turned out that the Asc is Exalted in :cancer:, and that the Moon is Exalted in :aquarius:.
As for Scorpio, it's "in-Service" to Mars, making Mars it's Devotional-ruler, and Mars Exalted in Scorpio; but, Scorpio's Domicle-ruler is :pluto:.

Gemini888

I've dated a number of Libra women (Sun in Libra), and they were far from tomboyish or manly. I do not see the trend you promote. A woman with much Libra in her chart is apt to have the lovely pastels and the delicate jewelry and the chic put-together look, a composed look.

Now Libra is much misunderstood. Many people are surprised when they discover that Libra is fierce. That comes from the reflex action with Aries.

Judge Judy has a large Libra stellium, and she is a good example of Libra fierceness.
Understandable, considering how opposite signs often reflect each other's quality. And also, Libra is a cardinal air sign. You can't get it wrong with the intellectual sharpness they want to display.

Now I wonder if Aries is secretly aimable.

david starling

Understandable, considering how opposite signs often reflect each other's quality. And also, Libra is a cardinal air sign. You can't get it wrong with the intellectual sharpness they want to display.

Now I wonder if Aries is secretly aimable.

Every Aries Sun i know is amiable in a social way. But, when they're in pursuit of a goal, they get feisty. Libra Suns are always in a judgemental frame of mind, in my experience.

Gemini888

Every Aries Sun i know is amiable in a social way. But, when they're in pursuit of a goal, they get feisty. Libra Suns are always in a judgemental frame of mind, in my experience.
You mean they are always judgmental in both social and professional setting?

The part about Aries is pretty true for my Moon though :wink:

Gemini888

I always find it strange how Saturn is ruled by Aquarius. Saturn and Aqua have nothing in common. Saturn is about restriction, and Aqua wants to overthrow every rule out there. And Aqua is too optimistic for Saturn. Uranus fits Aqua better.

david starling

So what does 12/12 say about Aqua? Ruler, exalt, in-service...

Aquarius in 12/12

Domicile-ruler ••••:uranus:••Sense of Confidence in Aquarius
Regulating-ruler ••:pluto:••••Sense of Self-Direction in Aquarius
Motivating-ruler ••:mercury:••Sense of Purpose in Aquarius
Devotional-ruler ••:moon:•••Exalted in Aquarius
Benefactor •••••••:jupiter:••In-Service in Aquarius
Venus in Aquarius ••••••••••Catalytic effect
Age-indicator in Aquarius••••Facilitating-abilities

Last edited: