Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 09-30-2007, 12:01 AM

Wink Saturn In The 2 House

Hi Everybody. Please Is There Somebody Who Could Tell Me The Meaning Of My Natal Saturn In My 2 House? Thanks

Last edited by pluto 74; 09-30-2007 at 12:32 AM.
Unread 09-30-2007, 01:04 AM

Send a message via AIM to smilingsteph
Re: Saturn In The 2 House

Second house rules money and posessions. Saturn here makes one look at their worth through what they have attained such as money or possessions. Saturn can make one look at things and say "what have I got to show for the hard work that I have done"
The hard work that you have done may not have paid off as you would have liked it to, but with Saturn it teaches you that hard work for attainment of things you want will be beneficial to you.
Material things that come easy will not give you that sense of satisfaction or sense of worth.
Some say that this placement denotes a hard time acquring money and thus possessions...I look at it as one who works hard recieves the rewards not only in the material sense, but also in the sense of self-fufillment on a job well done.
Unread 09-30-2007, 01:24 AM

thanks for answering that. What if saturn from the 2 house position receives a trine from sun and venus? Do you think this is a difficult aspect for marriage or relationships even with the trine aspect? With this saturn I 'm always afraid of not having enough!! Money and emotional security! And what about marriage? Sometimes I have the feeling that everything is coming to me so slowly!!!!THANKS
Unread 09-30-2007, 01:56 AM

The second house, in general, traditionally, is about what we own. Almost always the emphasis in most astrology texts is on wealth, possessions, and Saturn in the 2nd is usually described as putting an emphasis on this house in the area of responsiblity or conservatism only in the area of materialism.

I think it's a lot about how we build. Basics. Our basic values, and that goes far beyond what is material

For some reason, the "inner" side of this house is usually ignored. If the 2nd shows what we are attached to (and how we work to get it), and Saturn here shows conservative, careful building—and possibly fear of losing what we have—then it is also about building or aquiring those things that are most important to our own feelings of self-worth, and that may or may NOT be strongly linked to things that are materialistic.

What other planets (if any) so you have in this house? Do you have any conjunctions to Saturn in the 2nd? What aspects are formed from Saturn to other houses? What sign is on your 2nd House cusp?

You need to look at your whole chart. Saturn in the 2nd is going to put emphasis, importance and some "weight" on the issues/matters that are governed by that house, but it's simplistic if not dangerous to analyse this one factor by itself.

Gaer
Unread 09-30-2007, 04:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to smilingsteph

I totally agree Gaer! I believe that the second house itself is known as possessions and material gain...but also neglected is the side of self-attainment, self-fufullment....not only aquiring possessions, but aquiring something more..something within..Substance to a persons psyche..
Unread 09-30-2007, 09:48 PM

Saturn in the 2nd can affect your ability to "share" and be generous with a partner (8th). Because 2nd house Saturn people tend to feel poor no matter how much they have, sharing can be a big issue... and not only regarding money. We tend to think of the 2nd house as a "material" one, but it also includes everything we own or have that we can save, keep, give away, share, hoard.... as in our love, our time, our appreciation, our respect, etc.
The planets in the 7th and 8th, and the aspects of the planets that rule the 7th and 8th will give more information about how much power, for better or worse, Saturn in the 2nd has.
LIN
Unread 10-03-2007, 08:45 PM

That depends on the dignity (or debility) of Saturn in that position. If Saturn is well dignified there he will bring a beneficial influence to your life, where as if he is debilitated he can bring frustration to it. A trine from the Sun and Venus can also aid a lot if Saturn is debilitated in this position.
Astrology Books, Treatise, Readings & more!
Unread 10-04-2007, 12:35 AM

Well Saturn Is In Cancer Not In A Good Position And The Ruler Of The 2, The Moon Is In Scorpio I Guess Not In A Good Position Too. But Saturn And Moon Have Also Trine Aspects With Sun Venus Mars And The Moon With Giupiter. I Do Not Know If The Aspects Are More Important Or The Position Of The Planets!!! Take A Look At The Natal Chart
Attached Images
File Type: gif astro_2gw_01_anonymous_1815_23074.gif (26.2 KB, 5 views)

Tags
house, saturn