Sun-Moon-Ascendent chart matches in pairings

Kenoshamaensa

I suppose that like we have physical "types" that attract us, we also have astrological "types."

I have now twice been very attracted to a man who shares my sun and moon signs ... Libra Sun, Aries Moon. And both men had a water house rising (Cancer for the first, Scorpio for the second), while my rising sign is also water (Pisces).

So much of relationship analysis dwells on complimentary pairs (opposite rising signs, Sun-Moon aspects, etc.) that I'm curious what people have to say about this draw to men who are of the same TYPE as me, rather than complimentary? (In the first case, the affection was returned and we married, in the second case, I have no idea where it's going but there is a very strong affectionate Platonic bond, at the very least.) I should further add that the first marriage did not work out (and the composite chart for it tells the tale). Ironically, both men share the same birth day (but not birth year), which both gave me a laugh and freaked me out a bit when I discovered this.

So yes, I do seem to have an astrological "type," and it parallels my own rather than compliments it. Of course, parallels are a type of compliment, but for those of you who married or were involved with others who shared more than one key sign with you, what are/were your experiences?*

*This could be same sun and rising and same element moon, etc.; doesn't have to be *exactly* the same, of course. Also, while I'm interested here in romantic pairs, I'm also interested in parent-child relationships.

Lion o ness

I know what you mean.. I have a Leo male friend... We are sooo close, yet its totally platonic. But YES there is an attraction there, but we just dont seem to let it get in the middle... We have said we will consider each other the one that got away.. Sounds weird since we are friends, but we both just KNOW that we are not going to cross that line...

As for our Planets

planet me/him
sun leo/leo
moon leo/virgo
mercury leo/leo
venus cancer/virgo
mars leo/cancer
asc pisces/Cap..

Now on the flip side. There is this Pisces guy that has just effected me harder than any one that I have ever met.... Even my ex husband... LOL

asc pisces/cancer
sun leo/pisces
moon leo/scorpio
mars leo/aqua
mercury leo/pisces
venus cancer/cap

All I can say is this fire girl... LOVES to chase that water!... :wink:

EhTeam

My husband and I don't 'match' but we have similar charts, that are close.
We both have our sun moon asc venus together. I am a leo, he is a Gemini.
My NN is in Gemini, and his in Leo. Our synastry chart looks amazing, almost.

Beyond this, our planets are a bit off, but the ones we do have make for a great time.