Is my score enough for top schools?

betelgeusesirius

I am applying to some really prestigious graduate programs and took one of the required tests.
The score is ok, but not exceptional: average of those accepted, and slightly lower than the average for a few no.1 programs.
My other stats are not exceptional either.. so I wanted to ask if my score for this particular test will actually lower the chances to get into the top schools.
Also, I want to know if this exam is crucial for the admission decisions.
The reason I am asking is to figure out whether I can have a break from this extensive test or I should give it another try.. :(.........

The question was: is this enough or should I try again?
Moon doesn't look good. I do not see anything positive so maybe I should try again..?
If I put my first exam as ASC and next try as DSC to do a comparison chart, it seems like taking the exam again will actually 'aid' the decisions: mutual reception between Jupiter and Venus.
Exalted mars is perhaps showing my initial feeling of complacence with the score lol.

attachment.php

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_02_enough_gre.56446.27826.gif
    astro_w2gw_02_enough_gre.56446.27826.gif
    62.8 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

betelgeusesirius

Thank you tikana.
I just updated some more info. I can only see that my exam will actually hurt the chances (And I am on the average!). At least I did not ask about acceptance and limited my question to whether the exam will be enough..
uh.. stress is coming now that I think I am going to take the exam again..
So by 'not seeing it' you mean the exam score is actually gonna hurt the process?

Last edited:

tikana

here is the thing

you got moon/sun new moon - usually it is a bad omen but you gotta look at other stuff

then you have no aspect between mars/L9 and nothing inside (saturn and venus)

you are super strong but WHY there are no hooks to L9 hell beats me..

in another words your competence is not a question. i am questioning the school

Last edited:

betelgeusesirius

here is the thing

you got moon/sun new moon - usually it is a bad omen but you gotta look at other stuff

then you have no aspect between mars/L9 and nothing inside (saturn and venus)

you are super strong but WHY there are no hooks to L9 hell beats me..

in another words your competence is not a question. i am questioning the school
Thank you so much for the details, tikana.

Now that makes this chart even more mysterious because even if I decide to take the exam again, there will be at least 1-2 schools that I will be applying with my current score due to the school deadlines. Thus there has to be some kind of virtual communication between me and the admissions. Also, the fact that I'm exalted doesn't make sense because I am clearly not a very competitive candidate. Although I try to interpret this chart focusing on the question itself (the question was: is this score enough? and not about acceptance), I really cannot find an answer.. What would be the problem with the school? and why am I exalted? whyyyy.. uh..

I opened a chart, this time actually asking about acceptance, while I was stressed writing the statement of purpose. I believe this is the chart that is going to talk about acceptance (I would like to interpret the chart and share it sometime). Maybe the chart in this post isn't showing anything related with admission decisions because I was curious about the score itself and not the acceptance. Perhaps I should really see this simply. Since the Mars is exalted, my score should be more than enough? lol...
I think I am just going to stick with this score if I get a decent part-time job.

Last edited:

tikana

it is def puzzling interesting chart.

retaining a test makes sense somehow.
The problem with exalts it is kind of cocky attitude but then if you are good at something, it is good regardless.

betelgeusesirius

it is def puzzling interesting chart.

retaining a test makes sense somehow.
The problem with exalts it is kind of cocky attitude but then if you are good at something, it is good regardless.
I will provide feedback whenever something relevant happens. The chart about acceptance might provide clues for this chart since both are about college admissions anyways.

betelgeusesirius

forget horary and do the best
Oh, I saw this now.
Indeed! Thank you, I really must!

Update, I decided to concentrate on application essays and part-time job applications.
That is, no second examination! That Mars in Exaltation is going to be sent to every school.
I simply thought having an average score was enough.
I wanted to express more about myself with better essays, so I am trying my best on them recently.
Afterall, graduate school admissions are all about GPA, research, and letters of recommendation.

I cannot interpret this chart yet, but somehow I feel like the Mars is the test score itself, and not myself. I just want to interpret horary as simply as possible, concentrating on the question. Since the question was about whether my test score was enough, considering nothing else like GPA, research, anything, the chart should only show my test score. It is exalted, so it must be enough. (The best thing I can do now is to be overly optimistic.)

The chart is not showing any connections with my 9th nor 10th. (house of honor)
I will summon my optimism and say that the chart is showing a decent score won't decrease nor increase the chances.

lol....

Last edited: