Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Predictive Astrology > Transits

Transits Transits are the most used predictive astrology technique. This sub-board is dedicated to them.

Unread 08-12-2009, 03:32 AM

Transiting Saturn on Midheaven

Hi peeps,

I've been looking at my future transits and next year I'll have the mighty Saturn transiting my midheaven.

I'd like to know how was your experience with this transit, for those of you who already had it. I've read in a book about transits (author is Betty Lundsted), that Saturn on Midheaven brings a lot of work, a sense of responsibility and more focus to one's career, and sometimes it has an effect on one's public image, bringing recognition.
On the other hand, she said that this transit is not easy for those who haven't been able to fulfill their professional duties, and these ones might get fired when the conjunction is tight.

Since I prefer personal experience than cookbooks, I look forward to see some of your testimonies here. Cheers!

Unread 08-12-2009, 04:24 AM

Re: Transiting Saturn on Midheaven

OK, RockFish, I've had this ocur once in my life, and am even coming up to it happening again in Nov-Dec 2010 - Yay!!

Saturn teaches us harsh lessons, and it also usually increases our responsibilities in whatever area it transits.
When I had Saturn cross my MC, I was also buckling under the weight of a Neptune transit to my natal Uranus, and Uranus squaring my natal Saturn, so it's a bit difficult to determine `what transit did what'.

At the time I experienced MC, Saturn also exactly squared my Moon - so, you get what I'm saying here................
However, I have Cap Asc, so Saturn transits have a tendency to slap me around a bit .
At the time I was a stay-at-home mother, doing only a bit of subbing as a teacher, my youngest was a few months away from beginning school, my marriage was only inches away from going down the tube, and I had no personal savings, no proper job, no clue, really, about where my life was headed. The Universe was saying to me - "What are you doing about your life? Only you can be responsible for you."

It was pretty much the beginning of a long and hard road which I am still on, but I can be a slow learner.

Saturn crossing your MC should redirect you by creating a sense of reality (which is what I needed at that time) about how you can be more responsible, more practical about your life options.

"There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in."
- from Anthem
by Leonard Cohen
Unread 08-12-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:
I've read in a book about transits (author is Betty Lundsted), that Saturn on Midheaven brings a lot of work, a sense of responsibility and more focus to one's career, and sometimes it has an effect on one's public image, bringing recognition.
On the other hand, she said that this transit is not easy for those who haven't been able to fulfill their professional duties, and these ones might get fired when the conjunction is tight.
Yes, very true. It can be all or some of these things. Saturn always brings delays, slows down things or brings extra responsabilities.
Unread 08-12-2009, 02:19 PM
Banned

T Saturn hit my MC when my first husband after divorce decided to disappear and avoid paying maintenance. This put me on the benefit system for 12months until I tracked him down. I ended in Court 4x to get an attachment on his earnings..... not a nice time

When T Pluto hit my MC my father died, same time T Pluto conj my mothers sun..

When T Uranus hit my MC my first marriage started breaking down, same time T Pluto opp Moon. On the Retrograde hit of Uranus I filed for divorce, first hit spoke to solicitor, but reconciled til next hit...

When T Neptune conj my MC age 16 left home, broke (dissolved) relationship with parents

Principle is same your social standing career (if working) take nose dive, major alterations are afoot. I have to agree with Raven, Saturn is a big reality check, but so are all the malefics...

Last edited by astrologer50; 08-12-2009 at 02:21 PM.
Unread 08-12-2009, 06:05 PM

Thanks for the feedback, friends.

So it seems I must prepare for turbulences... Oh God.

I have one year to get my act together, then. Saturn will be hitting my MH next year, around september-october, and, since he's gonna square my Mercury and Ascendant, and the sole harmonious aspect will be a sextile to my afflicted Venus... I will prepare for the worse.

Maybe someone will chime in with a story about how transiting Saturn on MH was the best period of their lives? We can hope.
Unread 08-12-2009, 06:39 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to athan

It might not be so much in the saturnian nature(...) but late June 2006 when Saturn hit my MC I was really and seriously activated as far as my sexual orientation was concerned and started to accept what I liked meaning starting dating other men etc.It sure became real... When Saturn sextiled my NN still in the 10H I
got in a relationship that lasted 2 years. Although Saturn on my MC activated a natal T square I could say that things that period run smoothly and joyfully!!!! I was in Heaven back then!!!!
Unread 08-12-2009, 07:25 PM

Hi RockFish

When Saturn first hit my MC Sept 1980 I was only 11, but I remember it very well. That Sept. We were evicted, then lived in separate homes of friends for 2 wks until we had gotten an apartment in housing. Our lives became stable for the next 5 yrs. Because things were calmer, I did well in school, made new friends & my confidence grew.

Saturn is about conj my MC for the 2nd time. But I am expecting more postive than negative based on that experience. Also, bc the majority of my 10th is Libra & Saturn exaults in Libra. Perhaps I'll get a better paying job with more responsiblities. Fine by me.

Last edited by Moradiva; 08-13-2009 at 02:38 AM. Reason: corrected spelling
Unread 08-12-2009, 10:53 PM

athan, I checked your chart and Saturn was in a beautiful trine to your natal Venus, such luck!! He also trined Neptune, and squared Mercury and Uranus, which, apparently, just added more flavor to your good experience.

Moradiva, thanks for the feedback! Even tho you had this stressful event in your life, it culminated in stability, I like this idea. If I'll have stability after his passage, I'm happy.

Thanks folks, great responses, y'all!

Last edited by RockFish; 07-14-2010 at 12:55 AM.
Unread 11-30-2016, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockFish View Post
athan, I checked your chart and Saturn was in a beautiful trine to your natal Venus, such luck!! He also trined Neptune, and squared Mercury and Uranus, which, apparently, just added more flavor to your good experience.

Moradiva, thanks for the feedback! Even tho you had this stressful event in your life, it culminated in stability, I like this idea. If I'll have stability after his passage, I'm happy.

Thanks folks, great responses, y'all!
hey
saturn will he hitting my mc too in dec conjucting natal moon in sagitt for pisces asdt. now since i am jobless what can i expect
27 12 70 1115 am new delhi
Unread 11-30-2016, 12:22 PM

Taking into account my experience I can tell you that when I had transit Saturn conjunct my Midheaven, I obtained a very good job abroad. It was unexpected.

Saturn is my Ascendant Ruler.

So, for me it was a great transit.
Unread 06-25-2019, 10:25 PM

I once had a transit Saturn, Venus on my MC. Don't laugh, a beautiful lovely and brilliant dog came into my life! Yep, a dog!

Tags
midheaven, saturn, transiting