Harmonics: do aspects other than conjunctions have any significance?

Charlie James

I was checking out my harmonics, particularly my 5th 7th and 9th, and while I did have the conjunctions I was looking for, my 5th harmonic is literally a perfect hexagram/star of David. Does this have zero meaning?
My 9th harmonic is also astonishing.

waybread

There are two ways to read a harmonic chart. Keeping in mind that harmonics are merely alternative ways of showing aspects.

1. As a quick means to find minor aspects if you don't have software that will locate these for you on your radix (root) chart.

2. If you have a clear grasp of the meaning of a given aspect (harmonic) you can read the harmonic chart through the lens of that meaning. For example, I understand the quintile (5H) as indicating talent + ambition. So if you focus on your talent + ambition, what are the planets in your 5H chart telling you? What goes easily or with difficulty? Are particular planets challenges or allies?

I don't think a Star of David chart has a particular meaning in your 5H chart as such, but it is comprised of a series of linked sextiles and oppositions. The sextiles indicate an easier flow and some excitement (2x3=6) but the oppositions show planetary energies that may take some effort to reconcile.

If the aspects in your 5H chart are close, see what happens when you run your 10H (decile,) 15H or 20H charts because they may sharpen the minor aspect that motivates you.

A good author on higher/minor aspects/harmonics is David Cochrane. See if you can Google his articles and YouTube lectures.