New insights about mars sextile saturn in synastry

Hello,

I've been inspired by an older post found on this forum:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64354

in which has been stated that the saturn person could be a little shy around the mars person (in the sextile);

I would like to disquss this theme further, in case anybody has experienced this aspect.

For me it was a strange situation in which both of us have been shy when around (now I realize we had both saturn sextile mars with each other); The big surprise was how come a Leo, extrovertite, bold girl could be shy around me (I am an aloof Capricorn); now I understand.

What about you?

melisa

SInce you have it both ways with each other it would be a strong aspect in your synastry. I had Mars squaring his Saturn, and aspects work back and forth, so---
My Mars would activate, energize and aggravate his sense of insecurity/security
I was also attracted to his stability or lack thereof

---His Saturn would restrict, limit, and delay my physical activities. He would also stabilize my wanting to rush or be impulsive

Melisa

Hello Melisa

You have pointed it well.

The only downside of this, let's say double whammy of mars sextile saturn, is at the beggining of the relationship. Because, being everything else relatively equal, is it hard for both of them to let down the security shield, to open in the front of the other, due exactly to what you have said "My Mars would activate, energize and aggravate his sense of insecurity/security".

I infer (by no study, this is only my opinion) that a possible relationship would stop to develop and die at this very beggining.

What do you think?

melisa

hi
The Mars can activate and add energy to the stability and duration of the Saturn----so it is possible that the relationship would last a long time. And remember, when it's your Saturn, you are both "feeling" or receiving Saturn energy (limitations but also discipline) and you are the one also "giving" the Saturn energy (which they are "receiving" through their Mars)

Melisa